StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» A walk through StalkerSoup...
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeby Jowien Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 2:08

» Yakut does not give a dialog pt.2
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeby SPEC Sat 13 Apr 2024 - 15:32

» Is StalkerSoup completed?
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:05

» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:03

» Sakharov wont talk to me
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 19:37

» All the Database files
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:19

» What to do after Fly's rescue?
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeby TrueB Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 11:28

» Game crashes while on load screens
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 22:26

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user
Statistics
We have 1748 registered users
The newest registered user is ataberk222

Our users have posted a total of 12536 messages in 1748 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Error message and help/support subforum

Go down 
+49
siriusnator
Maximus86
Strelok981
Hadrons
lv1234
TrueB
ooga_booga
KnightLyght Arthoryum.
Loner12
harry5518
kd6dm
Demawil
PhilH231
fantomas
TheDLord
UndeadDaiki
neworder455
Ikaruss
humdee
N0uba
CEASAR
Auftragsgriller
Alphabet Soup
ZeroGott
Iceddeadmeat
Warezz.K
Jakovsky
WhiteWolf
Bisque
Aleks1970
papanoel
TecnoBacon
Tolya
BadDragon
sjohnson
RazR
grayxy
patmartins
oxe222
NorryD
Rat Catcher
nemisis1842khann
_Nite_
aZmoDen
rusty_shackleford
Hipster Doofus
pchester
Sword2012
Steve90k
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Sword2012
Administrator

Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Jun 2020 - 17:02

Hi siriusnator

Yes, you're in the correct section

Would you please post a screenshot of your installation folder - the one with just 38 files?

This should help us find out what's gone wrong

Just checking, but did the installer you downloaded have 12 files (including the Verifier), and did they all add up to 7.22Gb (7,757,576,194 bytes)?

And did the Verifier check the files were okay?
Back to top Go down
siriusnator
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Jun 2020 - 18:22

Thanks, Sword2012.

Will post the screenshot bellow.

Yes, 12 files and there is 7.22gb (7,757,576,192 bytes), will post a screenshot too.

Yes, did the verification and right after, the game start installing.

Files downloaded from dropbox:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Stalkersoup folder size:

Stalkersoup inside folder:
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat 20 Jun 2020 - 18:41

Thanks for this. Your screenshot shows 45 folders and files, which is correct

So you should now be able to continue with your installation Wink

My apologies for misunderstanding your distinction between folders and files, as the Guide refers to the total

You're doing the right thing so far. If you have any more problems, please let us know
Back to top Go down
siriusnator
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Jun 2020 - 19:46

Well, on the step 12 the Stalkersoup fouder have 49 files, not 50. But, the game run smooth, no problems by now, i'm going see Doctor in Cordon, no ctd at all. I think the game is working nicely.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun 21 Jun 2020 - 20:50

Thanks for the heads up, and I'm happy your game is working smoothly

For the sake of making the Guide more helpful it would be useful to see another screenshot of your installation folder, please, so I can compare it with my Windows 7 install. Maybe it's different in Windows 10...
Back to top Go down
siriusnator
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu 25 Jun 2020 - 1:07

Sure!

Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Stalke10
Back to top Go down
papanoel
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2020 - 14:50

Hi Guys,

I just finished level up 0 and currently in Cordon to find the 1st collector cache.
I just killed a bunch of bandits at the old workshop and when approching the transition to Dark Valley I get a CTD (tried twice, crashed twice).

Log file says:

! error in stalker with visual actors\novice\stalker_no_yurik
stack trace:

0023:068E3E87 xrGame.dll

Anyone know how to fix this ?
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2020 - 17:42

My guess is that you have a corrupted NPC in that area (Yurek?) and when you get close enough for it to load it is crashing your game. I suggest that you send your save game and explanation to Aleks ( adoler(at)gmail.com ) so he can have a look at it.
Back to top Go down
papanoel
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri 26 Jun 2020 - 18:05

Mail sent. Thanks !
Back to top Go down
Strelok981
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Nov 2020 - 18:08

I have a weird CTD, I'm trying to go to the Swamp, (the second time, the first time everything was fine), but the image freezes, and in xray it says this:

-->TB3D SHADERS: rain over
! error in stalker with visual actors\bandit\stalker_bandit_master
stack trace:

0023:08BB3E87 xrGame.dll

[error][ 259] : No more data is available.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Nov 2020 - 13:59

I don't know much about the programming side, but from the error I would guess that your game is trying to load a 'corrupted' NPC file. Unless someone else here with more knowledge can suggest something, I suggest that you send a save game to Aleks ( adoler(at)gmail.com ) so he can take a look at it.

As a temporary measure, if it is localized at the entry farm you may be able to bypass it by teleporting directly to the Clear Sky base ([ESC]+[F2] to 'swamp') and then avoid that area for now.
Back to top Go down
Strelok981
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Nov 2020 - 20:35

The same effect is with Esc + F2, I'll try some of the previous saves, so I'll see what happens.
Back to top Go down
N0uba
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Dec 2020 - 6:45

Hello everybody,
I'm in the Lost Village after bringing Panther to Kolmogor. I get her to safety, I receive the task to protect the village but the helicopters and the military are not spawning. I can see an helicopter behind the power lines hoovering in midair but it just stands there. If I wait I receive the second sms from Kolmogor regarding the other helicopter and the cleaning of the remaining soldiers, but again, nothing spawns so the task doesn't complete. I'm really stuck so if anyone have some advice, it will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
kaplumbaga
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Dec 2020 - 8:26

N0uba wrote:
Hello everybody,
I'm in the Lost Village after bringing Panther to Kolmogor. I get her to safety, I receive the task to protect the village but the helicopters and the military are not spawning. I can see an helicopter behind the power lines hoovering in midair but it just stands there. If I wait I receive the second sms from Kolmogor regarding the other helicopter and the cleaning of the remaining soldiers, but again, nothing spawns so the task doesn't complete. I'm really stuck so if anyone have some advice, it will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

try starting from auto save. I tried many times there. good luck
Back to top Go down
N0uba
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Dec 2020 - 9:05

Thank s for the answer. I reloaded a lot of times, I even replayed from the Swamp but it's still the same. Panther goes to the hideout, Kolmogor sends the sms and goes to the shack, everyone is taking positions but the military are missing.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Dec 2020 - 14:10

Sorry N0uba, I don't know why the attack isn't starting for you. I just replayed this section and the helicopter attack began shortly after Kolmogor sent his "this may be our last battle" message.

Please send a save game from before bringing Panther to Kolmogor, with an explanation of the problem, to Aleks at adoler(at)gmail.com so he can take a look at it.

In the meantime, there are a couple of info portions* that you could try... derevny_zashita_start begins the attack from where you lead Panther to the bunker. It sounds as if you have already passed this point, in which case you will see a message that the info portion has been removed. In that case try derevny_zashita_have. This will bypass the battle and you should see Kolmogor's victory message. You should then be able to talk to Kolmogor back at the HQ and continue from there.

*Using info portions:
Back to top Go down
N0uba
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 9 Dec 2020 - 15:24

Thank you pchester, the second info portion worked, the task is done and I can move on now.
I mailed the saves to aleks to see what's wrong. I even reinstalled the game before I wrote here.
Anyway you made one more stalker happy...
Back to top Go down
Strelok981
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2020 - 14:15

I did a couple of cross-missions and now i have come to Army WH,  (
I haven't gone to Radar yet)  I need

- to give Lucash dynamite.
- to give Cook crows’ eggs.
- to give Le Havre Bolt’s PDA

but every time a conversation starts and when I click on the mission words,
the screen freezes and this appears

Error Message:

I gave the Wolf a radio and there was no problem, but the image freezes every time in the Freedom base when I need to talk about the mission. I tried with the load game again but the same thing happens
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2020 - 17:26

Sorry Strelok981, I'm not much good at interpreting programming errors. The LUA error at the bottom points to a program function in file sak.script, which suggests to me that you have a corrupted NPC or item in your game... or I could be completely wrong!

Unless someone else here can suggest a solution, I think your best bet is to send your save game, with an explanation of the problem, to Aleks1970 at adoler(at)gmail.com. Aleks is one of the devs and will hopefully be able to figure out what is wrong.
Back to top Go down
Strelok981
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2020 - 18:57

Pchester, thanks for reply. It's all right now, I don't know what happened,
now i have done the last "load game" again, and everything works properly. Shocked
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2020 - 22:34

Okay, good to know.
(Sorry, reloading an earlier save should have been my first suggestion!)
Back to top Go down
Strelok981
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat 2 Apr 2022 - 20:47

After a while I reinstalled SS but I ran into a problem, during the mission to help Bes in Garbage.

I talked to him, it seemed to me that the mission had already been done

Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Io3uMXU

Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 DBhh7C2

Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Y9r0mzJ
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun 3 Apr 2022 - 13:56

Quote :
Strelok981
After a while I reinstalled SS but I ran into a problem, during the mission to help Bes in Garbage.

I talked to him, it seemed to me that the mission had already been done

Hi Strelok981. That is unusual, but I suppose it is possible that the bandits were killed by other NPCs or mutants while you were talking to Bes. If so, their bodies should still be in the area to the west of the vehicle scrap yard if you want to loot them. Either way, it shouldn't affect your game as long as Bes is happy. If you want to complete that mission, I suggest that you reload a game from before entering the Dump (so that everything loads in afresh) and see if it plays out correctly this time.
Back to top Go down
LA_GATOR
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat 9 Jul 2022 - 22:29

My pda has the quest to talk to Dan in the swamps about delivering Tirana's   pda to Snitch. Dan's marker is on my mini map but Dan is not there. Does certain conditions have to be met before Dan appears?
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat 9 Jul 2022 - 22:57

LA_GATOR wrote:
My pda has the quest to talk to Dan in the swamps about delivering Tirana's   pda to Snitch. Dan's marker is on my mini map but Dan is not there. Does certain conditions have to be met before Dan appears?

You need to do a couple of missions for Clear Sky leader Sviblov before Dan will appear. You will find Sviblov in the Clear Sky base in the southwest corner of the Swamps.

LA_GATOR likes this post

Back to top Go down
undead32
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2022 - 12:22

I am going meet kalyamk so I opened suspicious backpack, it contains only one rgd grenade. Then  Game is crashed.

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression    : fatal error
[error]Function      : CScriptEngine::lua_error
[error]File          : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xr_3da\xrGame\script_engine.cpp
[error]Line          : 73
[error]Description   : <no expression>
[error]Arguments     : LUA error: ...ker\stalkersoup\gamedata\scripts\amk_particle.script:44: attempt to index field 'obj' (a nil value)
stack trace:

How can I solve this?
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2022 - 14:20

undead32 wrote:
I am going meet kalyamk so I opened suspicious backpack, it contains only one rgd grenade. Then  Game is crashed.

This is a known bug. Aleks sent me a script file (amk_particle.script) to fix it in my own game. I have uploaded it here if you wish to try it...

Place this in your gamedats\scripts\ folder and see if it helps.

If it doesn't work, please contact Aleks and hopefully he can help. (Click on the banner picture above, then on any aleks1970 link, then Contact, then Email or PM.)
Back to top Go down
undead32
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2022 - 15:06

pchester wrote:
undead32 wrote:

This is a known bug. Aleks sent me a script file (amk_particle.script) to fix it in my own game. I have uploaded it here if you wish to try it...

Place this in your gamedats\scripts\ folder and see if it helps.

If it doesn't work, please contact Aleks and hopefully he can help. (Click on the banner picture above, then on any aleks1970 link, then Contact, then Email or PM.)
I always happy for your help. Thanks!
P.S: Why this script isn't fixed in latest patch? I think change one file is not that hard.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2022 - 15:27

undead32 wrote:
P.S: Why this script isn't fixed in latest patch? I think change one file is not that hard.

This and several other bugs only appeared in the latest 0019.5 patch. Hopefully they will be fixed in the next one, but I don't know when that will appear. StalkerSoup only has a small number of developers, and currently 'real-life' issues are taking up most of their time.
Back to top Go down
undead32
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue 30 Aug 2022 - 16:38

pchester wrote:
undead32 wrote:

This and several other bugs only appeared in the latest 0019.5 patch. Hopefully they will be fixed in the next one, but I don't know when that will appear. StalkerSoup only has a small number of developers, and currently 'real-life' issues are taking up most of their time.
I thought it was an old bug and i didn't think only a few of us developing, sorry for that.
Back to top Go down
undead32
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Aug 2022 - 8:41

FATAL ERROR
 I finished kostya's caches in army warehouses and talk to him find pda in Rader than crashed.
0019.5 patch is quite buggy for new starter i think

Error log:
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Aug 2022 - 12:55

undead32 wrote:
FATAL ERROR
 I finished kostya's caches in army warehouses and talk to him find pda in Rader than crashed.

I haven't had a crash at that point, so it may just be something in your game. Try reloading a save from before entering Army Warehouses to talk to Kostya and see if it works then. If not, please send your save game to aleks1970 (adoler{at}gmail.com) with a description of the problem and hopefully he will be able to figure out what is wrong.

StalkerSoup is a complex game, with several large mods from different authors merged into a single story. It is still in development, and is currently running on a very old 32-bit game engine. Having said that, I agree that the current patch does seem to be more buggy than usual. Hopefully, if TecnoBacon is successful in his plan to move StalkerSoup to a 64-bit engine, it will become much more stable in the future.
Back to top Go down
undead32
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Aug 2022 - 13:02

pchester wrote:
undead32 wrote:
FATAL ERROR

I haven't had a crash at that point, so it may just be something in your game. Try reloading a save from before entering Army Warehouses to talk to Kostya and see if it works then. If not, please send your save game to aleks1970 (adoler{at}gmail.com) with a description of the problem and hopefully he will be able to figure out what is wrong.
I've lower my graphic option and it works, I dont know why. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
undead32
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed 31 Aug 2022 - 15:58

I'm writing this for who faced CTD in the specific area or task.

Do not spawn too many item or npc! Especially NPC! It cause crash!

I got too much CTD in army warehouse and get CTD in talking about task with eliminating bloodsucker for freedom. I think it's reason is spawning, I spawn almost 40 monolith to kill skull's squad and assassination task. But their corpse and weapon won't disapper and no blowout happen.
Of course, lowering graphic option isn't solve this.

So I load my old save. I can clear the task effortlessly and no crash at all.
Back to top Go down
Semtex
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon 6 Feb 2023 - 23:38

Hi there,

I have some CTD/Crash when using a medkit:

Spoiler:

Checked the script (after unpacking) but honestly don't know what to change.

Spoiler:

EDIT: SOLVED, see here --> [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu 9 Feb 2023 - 22:28

I have tested this and can confirm that this bug occurs in my game too. Standard or Military medkits used while a bandage is still active crashes my game. Scientific and Elite medkits seem to be unaffected. I can use any medkit if I allow the bandage to complete its work first.

EDIT: My game also crashes if I use a medkit while an anti-rad is still active.

The 'workaround' for meds causing crashes therefore seems to be to allow the active med to finish working (the on-screen medication symbol disappears) before taking another.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Error message and help/support subforum
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11