StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» NPC's don't spawn
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Thu 25 Jul 2024 - 13:23

» Money lost on levelup
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby TrueB Thu 27 Jun 2024 - 11:11

» Grave at Secret Cave (Recon) (spoilers)
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby TrueB Thu 27 Jun 2024 - 10:49

» First Person Weapon Models and Strelok AK Texture
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Fri 21 Jun 2024 - 23:45

» Stalkersoup in Windows 11
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby WhiteWolf Sun 16 Jun 2024 - 3:59

» Starting directly at Collector mode
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby TrueB Sun 16 Jun 2024 - 2:37

» Defend the Bar crash
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby TrueB Mon 10 Jun 2024 - 11:05

» Forum problems?
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Fri 7 Jun 2024 - 12:15

July 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
alcheimers
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 I_vote_lcapError message and help/support subforum - Page 2 I_voting_barError message and help/support subforum - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Sword2012
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 I_vote_lcapError message and help/support subforum - Page 2 I_voting_barError message and help/support subforum - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Statistics
We have 1778 registered users
The newest registered user is Victor Two

Our users have posted a total of 12586 messages in 1757 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Error message and help/support subforum

Go down 
+49
siriusnator
Maximus86
Strelok981
Hadrons
lv1234
TrueB
ooga_booga
KnightLyght Arthoryum.
Loner12
harry5518
kd6dm
Demawil
PhilH231
fantomas
TheDLord
UndeadDaiki
neworder455
Ikaruss
humdee
N0uba
CEASAR
Auftragsgriller
Alphabet Soup
ZeroGott
Iceddeadmeat
Warezz.K
Jakovsky
WhiteWolf
Bisque
Aleks1970
papanoel
TecnoBacon
Tolya
BadDragon
sjohnson
RazR
grayxy
patmartins
oxe222
NorryD
Rat Catcher
nemisis1842khann
_Nite_
aZmoDen
rusty_shackleford
Hipster Doofus
pchester
Sword2012
Steve90k
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
pchester
Administrator

Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 2 Aug 2017 - 14:13

_Nite_ wrote:
something screwed up on the north side of the pripyat map

The north western part of Pripyat is probably the most troublesome area in then game for me for location CTDs. Usually I can get around it by choosing a different route (sticking to the east side and slipping through the side gate into the stadium), or sometimes by using lots of quicksave ... creep forward a few steps ... quicksave...

However, if I need to
Spoiler:
usually I have to come back later and hope that whatever is causing the SetBoneVisible error has cleared.
Back to top Go down
_Nite_
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 2 Aug 2017 - 21:58

pchester wrote:
_Nite_ wrote:
something screwed up on the north side of the pripyat map

The north western part of Pripyat is probably the most troublesome area in then game for me for location CTDs. Usually I can get around it by choosing a different route (sticking to the east side and slipping through the side gate into the stadium), or sometimes by using lots of quicksave ... creep forward a few steps ... quicksave...

However, if I need to
Spoiler:
usually I have to come back later and hope that whatever is causing the SetBoneVisible error has cleared.

edit: thanks for your tip, I stayed on the northeast side of the map and was able to pass so I will do that from now on Smile

edit2: also the pripyat transition at generator can't be used because of this problem, so my only way out of that map is the military lab currently....
Back to top Go down
aZmoDen
Experienced
aZmoDen

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Aug 2017 - 4:53

Thanks again pchester, you are a walking encyclopedia of SS!
More thingys for you!
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 3 Aug 2017 - 10:30

aZmoDen wrote:
Thanks again pchester, you are a walking encyclopedia of SS!
More thingys for you!

Thanks for the thingys, aZmoDen, much appreciated (I think Shocked ) I only know these things because I have experienced most of these problems at one time or another, and I enjoy looking for solutions. I am a Stalkersoup addict and as soon as I completed a game I start a new one. One of the benefits (or otherwise) of not having a life... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
aZmoDen
Experienced
aZmoDen

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Aug 2017 - 6:00

Alright heres another one!
got sent by sak to x-10 (lost scientist exp). Theres a grey circle on teh radar map.
I go into x-10 and comb (we aint found shit!) under every everything, ontop of every everything, and check every single bit of of passable area, and no scientists.
The only thing i found was a backpack on the ground in the brainscorcher control room with a sphere, some other stuff and a document.
However, that didnt do anything, and apon returning to radar, the grey circle is still there.
The guide just says to goto x-10. It is of no help Razz

so, HEEEELLLLLPPPPPPPP! (please!)
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Aug 2017 - 11:01

aZmoDen wrote:
got sent by sak to x-10 (lost scientist exp)

Firstly, have you been to the Wishgranter yet? TB has rearranged some sections of the story and I think you now have to be past the Wishgranter before you can complete this mission.

There are also some spawning issues in 110013, and the missing
Spoiler:

When you go back to
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
aZmoDen
Experienced
aZmoDen

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Aug 2017 - 11:30

Ah once again pchester, you have saved my bacon!
Yes i am past the wishgranter and have done the decoder room and npp2 race for the 'true' ending.
im now basically at the point where:
- i have done the agroprom ambush (ghost) but Yatuk hasnt got the opption to send me to radar to meet ghost.
- i need to go to x-10 for the scientists (lost exp)
- freedom leader wants me to go to wishgranter for teleports or something
-one other thing i cant remember Embarassed

More thingys for you!
Back to top Go down
aZmoDen
Experienced
aZmoDen

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Aug 2017 - 13:07

Yeah im stuck now, cant complete the mission to find ghost in the agro underground (ambush) no matter what i do / which exit to take.
after finishing the lost exp (the spoiler you gave me) ghost doesnt appear / yakut doesnt give further instructions to meet ghost at radar.

I wonder why all these problems have hit version 13.

Anyway, im off to see how the infiltrate monolith works!
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 4 Aug 2017 - 13:48

aZmoDen wrote:
i have done the
Spoiler:

Sorry, I thought I posted a reply. It hasn't appeared (unless I posted it somewhere else!), so I must have 'previewed' and not 'posted'. Silly me.

You can force the Agroprom mission to close with info portion (I will have to start shortening that to ip!)
Spoiler:

You really need
Spoiler:
so that he can give you the next clue ... which is
Spoiler:
and you should hopefully be back on track.

Not sure what Lukash mission you mean.
Back to top Go down
aZmoDen
Experienced
aZmoDen

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Aug 2017 - 5:23

The lukash mission is the one after the controller brains.; From what i remember him telling me, he wants me to go to the sarcophagus (monolith) and pickup stuff on the floor

Thanks for all your help pchester, bigly,hugely and greatly appreciated Very Happy

... thingys!

*edit* i think by now i might have to start a premium help / support account with you Razz
whats your monthly rate? (in thingys)
Back to top Go down
_Nite_
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Aug 2017 - 6:48

Razz

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
aZmoDen
Experienced
aZmoDen

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Aug 2017 - 6:55

lol!
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Aug 2017 - 11:47

aZmoDen wrote:
The lukash mission is the one after the controller brains.; From what i remember him telling me, he wants me to go to the sarcophagus (monolith) and pickup stuff on the floor

Hmm, sorry, I'm drawing a blank on that one.
Spoiler:
I don't remember Lukash asking for anything inside the Sarcophagus building. Perhaps someone else can jog my memory. scratch

I offer very competitive rates for regular customers... geek
Back to top Go down
aZmoDen
Experienced
aZmoDen

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Aug 2017 - 12:32

Alrighty, armed with the IP's i found ghost, put the scientific expedition out of its misery and freeman is freely talking!
And the beautiful thing? all the missions now have tasks in the pda to keep track of.
Thanks again pchester!
Back to top Go down
kd6dm
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Aug 2017 - 15:50

aZmoDen wrote:

The reward for getting him the brains is 5 Monolith teleports, and a Stealth Exo, which you pick up near the Wish Granter in the Sarcophagus.

Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Aug 2017 - 16:09

kd6dm wrote:
The reward for getting him the brains is 5 Monolith teleports, and a Stealth Exo, which you pick up near the Wish Granter in the Sarcophagus.

Ah, interesting, thank you. I must keep missing (or forgetting!) that reward description. I generally pick up the
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Master

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 6 Aug 2017 - 16:31

SS collector. east pripyat
    Has any one encountered a problem in finding the stash in east pripyat, I could not find it until
 I had a argument with mercs and there it was ' by accident ' right by me, whether this is a bug I do
 not no so I thought test the water before worrying TB with it

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
kd6dm
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Oct 2017 - 23:39

nemisis1842khann wrote:
SS collector. east pripyat
    Has any one encountered a problem in finding the stash in east pripyat, I could not find it until
 I had a argument with mercs and there it was ' by accident ' right by me, whether this is a bug I do
 not no so I thought test the water before worrying TB with it

Spoiler:

It's on his list, in 109961, locations were changed, but location descriptions weren't. For a list of correct locations, see: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good Hunting, Stalker

Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Oct 2017 - 1:41

kd6dm wrote:
It's on his list, in 109961, locations were changed, but location descriptions weren't. For a list of correct locations, see: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Many months back the Dialogue Team was asked not to touch the Collector files, which were an ongoing WIP

But this well-compiled list of errors would be very easy to fix, ready for the next patch

Should we do this? At least until further changes get made later on...
Back to top Go down
_Nite_
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Oct 2017 - 4:47

the stash in east pripyat is almost always at the statue in the northeast for me on every playthrough I done
Back to top Go down
kd6dm
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Oct 2017 - 7:19

Sword2012 wrote:
kd6dm wrote:

Many months back the Dialogue Team was asked not to touch the Collector files, which were an ongoing WIP

But this well-compiled list of errors would be very easy to fix, ready for the next patch

Should we do this? At least until further changes get made later on...

Hi Sword, when TB and I communicated about this, he asked for the list, and specifically requested that I not edit the files. I agree, it would be easy to edit the files, but there's probably a reason he doesn't want them changed at this point.
(Looks like I missed the E Pripyat one).

Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Oct 2017 - 17:30

Re-installed stalkersoup. Get error message "cannot open file fsgame.ltx   check your working folder.

i searched and it is missing. HEEEEEEEEEELP!!!
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Oct 2017 - 17:50

Rat Catcher wrote:
Re-installed stalkersoup. Get error message "cannot open file fsgame.ltx   check your working folder.

PM me your email address and I will send it to you.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Oct 2017 - 17:57

Rat Catcher wrote:

If pchester's advice doesn't work for you, please try the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It'll help you prepare and achieve a perfect installation of the game, but first you'll need to get rid of every trace of the old one, including registry entries...
Back to top Go down
Rat Catcher
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Oct 2017 - 18:54

OK, I uninstalled the program and removed all traces from the registry. To my surprise, my computer was able to restart. WHEW!! Now what.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Oct 2017 - 19:54

Rat Catcher wrote:
OK, I uninstalled the program and removed all traces from the registry. To my surprise, my computer was able to restart. WHEW!! Now what.

Use a non-parasitic registry cleaner like CCleaner or Glary Utilities to remove everything StalkerSoup-related, then restart your PC and follow the Installation Help guide. Let us know if you encounter problems along the way, especially if you use Windows 10...

Oh, and be patient. Perfection takes a little longer...
Back to top Go down
Rat Catcher
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Oct 2017 - 20:01

I used Revo uninstaller. I need the link to the latest GAME version. Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 23 Oct 2017 - 20:07

Rat Catcher wrote:
I used Revo uninstaller. I need the link to the latest GAME version.  Thanks in advance.

Download links:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Installation guide:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
oxe222
Novice
oxe222

PostSubject: Lightning quests   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Nov 2017 - 22:24

The further I get in the lightning quests the more frequent the crashes become, It is strange because everything before that was as stable as ever.

I tried to load a game where it had teleported me to x10 from helicopter blade and it crashed on first load since relaunching the game.

Then I sometimes on quickload I get logs with errors I almost never seen before:

0023:094D5AF0 xrGame.dll
0023:00424471 XR_3DA.exe, CInput::KeyUpdate()

[error][ 87] : The parameter is incorrect.

If memory serves, Dead City is going to be crash every 2-3 reloads.
Back to top Go down
_Nite_
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 3 Nov 2017 - 0:47

well TB did say that level 0 was around 90% complete, ya might be getting near missions that still need to be fixed.
Back to top Go down
oxe222
Novice
oxe222

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 3 Nov 2017 - 0:55

_Nite_ wrote:
well TB did say that level 0 was around 90% complete, ya might be getting near missions that still need to be fixed.

I figured, the moment I left hospital for agroprom, quality in translation became less than good and I had 3 quest breaking bugs in just the Lightning story not counting Dead City.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 3 Nov 2017 - 21:08

Sorry oxe222, I messed up - I tried to edit my reply to you and ended up somehow deleting both your post and mine! Rolling Eyes  

The CTD at the end of DC happened to me as well. I got around it by deleting the problem lines in the indicated function (around line 1100) in the tb3d_dyn_spawn.script file. NB: this needs to be unpacked into \gamedata\scripts\ so you can edit it.  

This is what mine now looks like... (commented-out lines start with --)

MY EDIT:
Back to top Go down
oxe222
Novice
oxe222

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Nov 2017 - 1:12

pchester wrote:
Sorry oxe222, I messed up - I tried to edit my reply to you and ended up somehow deleting both your post and mine! Rolling Eyes  

The CDT at the end of DC happened to me as well. I got around it by deleting the problem lines in the indicated function (around line 1100) in the tb3d_dyn_spawn.script file. NB: this needs to be unpacked into \gamedata\scripts\ so you can edit it.  

This is what mine now looks like... (commented-out lines start with --)

MY EDIT:

No problem and thanks.
One last question though... is there a reason why Yurik's beer quest (no matter how trivial) is not showing up and there is no reference to Lubero's quest during Life heart?

These are things in the past during level 0, but I'd like to know.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Nov 2017 - 11:55

oxe222 wrote:
One last question though... is there a reason why Yurik's beer quest (no matter how trivial) is not showing up and there is no reference to Lubero's quest during Life heart?

These are things in the past during level 0, but I'd like to know.

Sorry, I can't help you there. Yurek has never asked me about beer, and AFAIK Max Lubero isn't involved in the Life Heart quest. My last task from Yurek was to
Spoiler:
, now he only says thanks for helping him out. For Max, after
Spoiler:
I only get the option to ask him about the area.

Some minor tasks only appear after doing other things or going back to an NPC at the right time, so it is always possible that I have never done whatever triggers them.
Back to top Go down
oxe222
Novice
oxe222

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Nov 2017 - 12:28

pchester wrote:

Sorry, I can't help you there. Yurek has never asked me about beer, and AFAIK Max Lubero isn't involved in the Life Heart quest. My last task from Yurek was to
Spoiler:
, now he only says thanks for helping him out. For Max, after
Spoiler:
I only get the option to ask him about the area.

Some minor tasks only appear after doing other things or going back to an NPC at the right time, so it is always possible that I have never done whatever triggers them.

Nevermind about Yurik, I think it is that stalker in the bar that gives you quest to find beer I don't get the dialogue.

Lubero is not directly involved in life heart quest, but pripyat doc used to mention him for one of the ruby recipies, I tried to talk to him throughout the NS Story even after life heart was done.
Back to top Go down
kd6dm
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Nov 2017 - 14:16

oxe222 wrote:
Nevermind about Yurik, I think it is that stalker in the bar that gives you quest to find beer I don't get the dialogue.

Lubero is not directly involved in life heart quest, but pripyat doc used to mention him for one of the ruby recipies, I tried to talk to him throughout the NS Story even after life heart was done.

I vaguely remember the beer task, but I think it was for Dan in the Swamps. I have a very old list of NS spawn items that contains "oceanic915 = beer for Dan". Used to spawn in Cordon. But I haven't seen that quest in a very long time. TB has been cleaning up and re-ordering quests to try to avoid the out-of-order problems so common in NS-DMX mods.

The only things i remember about Max Lubero is saving him in DV, the PDA, and Doc's dog. Lots of changes in Stalkersoup over the years.

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Error message and help/support subforum
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next