StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» NPC's don't spawn
Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Thu 25 Jul 2024 - 13:23

» Money lost on levelup
Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeby TrueB Thu 27 Jun 2024 - 11:11

» Grave at Secret Cave (Recon) (spoilers)
Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeby TrueB Thu 27 Jun 2024 - 10:49

» First Person Weapon Models and Strelok AK Texture
Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Fri 21 Jun 2024 - 23:45

» Stalkersoup in Windows 11
Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeby WhiteWolf Sun 16 Jun 2024 - 3:59

» Starting directly at Collector mode
Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeby TrueB Sun 16 Jun 2024 - 2:37

» Defend the Bar crash
Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeby TrueB Mon 10 Jun 2024 - 11:05

» Forum problems?
Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Fri 7 Jun 2024 - 12:15

July 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
Sword2012
Error message and help/support subforum I_vote_lcapError message and help/support subforum I_voting_barError message and help/support subforum I_vote_rcap 
alcheimers
Error message and help/support subforum I_vote_lcapError message and help/support subforum I_voting_barError message and help/support subforum I_vote_rcap 
Statistics
We have 1778 registered users
The newest registered user is Victor Two

Our users have posted a total of 12586 messages in 1757 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Error message and help/support subforum

Go down 
+49
siriusnator
Maximus86
Strelok981
Hadrons
lv1234
TrueB
ooga_booga
KnightLyght Arthoryum.
Loner12
harry5518
kd6dm
Demawil
PhilH231
fantomas
TheDLord
UndeadDaiki
neworder455
Ikaruss
humdee
N0uba
CEASAR
Auftragsgriller
Alphabet Soup
ZeroGott
Iceddeadmeat
Warezz.K
Jakovsky
WhiteWolf
Bisque
Aleks1970
papanoel
TecnoBacon
Tolya
BadDragon
sjohnson
RazR
grayxy
patmartins
oxe222
NorryD
Rat Catcher
nemisis1842khann
_Nite_
aZmoDen
rusty_shackleford
Hipster Doofus
pchester
Sword2012
Steve90k
53 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
aZmoDen
Experienced
aZmoDen

Error message and help/support subforum Empty
PostSubject: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 5:01

Firstly id like  to say .. HEEEEELP! im getting this message on level change, every second level.

stack trace:

0023:7768C54F KERNELBASE.dll
0023:712F8E89 MSVCR80.dll, CxxThrowException()
0023:05736DA8 xrGame.dll
0023:059579DD xrGame.dll

[error][     183]    : Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

Does anyone konw what it means?

Secondly, id like to say, perhaps we should have a bug report/crash subforum for threads like this one? what do you think?

Last edited by Sword2012 on Wed 19 Jul 2017 - 12:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)
Back to top Go down
Steve90k
Experienced
Steve90k

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 7:24

aZmoDen wrote:
Firstly id like  to say .. HEEEEELP! im getting this message on level change, every second level.

stack trace:

0023:7768C54F KERNELBASE.dll
0023:712F8E89 MSVCR80.dll, CxxThrowException()
0023:05736DA8 xrGame.dll
0023:059579DD xrGame.dll

[error][     183]    : Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

Does anyone konw what it means?

Secondly, id like to say, perhaps we should have a bug report/crash subforum for threads like this one? what do you think?

Well, the thing is, these sorts of crashes should be very rare. I'm playing an old outdated version, and I rarely come across a crash. So it should be much less so for you (if you are playing and up to date version)

However, I feel I have seen this problem before.. Are you playing on win 10?
Because win 10 has some very stupid ways of managing file permissions.

Basically the problem is very likley to be win 10 and not the game...

Sword2012 created a guide for the installation. If you follow his guide to the letter then you should not have problems with win 10.

Heres a link...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

there is also a help thread here....

Back to top Go down
aZmoDen
Experienced
aZmoDen

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 8:54

No its not win10, running windows 7.

Im not sure this is an install issue / instalation problems thread either Smile
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeSun 9 Jul 2017 - 14:22

aZmoDen wrote:
No its not win10, running windows 7.

Im not sure this is an install issue / instalation problems thread either Smile
Hi aZmoDen

I'm running the game fine on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, and I used my own installation to create the Help guide step by step, while adding experiences from other players

As Steve2000 suggested, follow the guide to the letter, ignoring the Windows 10 parts, after thoroughly uninstalling your current game down to registry level

Then let us know how it goes, and if you've anything to add to its collective knowledge

Doing it this way will get the very best out of your game Wink

Back to top Go down
aZmoDen
Experienced
aZmoDen

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jul 2017 - 4:29

Ahhh b*gg*r. I have had this installation since the 1.1 version was posted.
I shall do a reinstall and see if it helps.
Sorry steve90k, looks like you might have been right all along!
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jul 2017 - 12:22

aZmoDen wrote:
Ahhh b*gg*r. I have had this installation since the 1.1 version was posted.
I shall do a reinstall and see if it helps.
Sorry steve90k, looks like you might have been right all along!
You can keep your saves, and they might still work! It's in the Help Guide Smile
Back to top Go down
aZmoDen
Experienced
aZmoDen

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jul 2017 - 12:26

LOL its all gone wrong.
I deleted SS, purged my reg.
Downloaded ss from mega with its app and the game verifier doesnt work.
Downloaded ss from mega with its app (iso version) didnt work.
Downloaded each individual file manually from mega (using vpn got around the gb limit), didnt work.
Im now on the torrent sitting at 156.2KiB/s with an 11h 26m wait time!
i went through all the UAC stuff, different drive (ded games ssd), administrator settings etc, and nothing Sad
lol id seriously take a crash every second level right now but alas, i didnt archive my ss dir.
Back to top Go down
Steve90k
Experienced
Steve90k

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jul 2017 - 13:11

aZmoDen wrote:

lol id seriously take a crash every second level right now but alas, i didnt archive my ss dir.

Well, first I can't be entire correct, becuase I have never heard of these problems with win 7. I'm personally using win 8 and dont have any problems with the game version 0.0.0.4.

But genrally there is another program that "takes control of the folder.

The only thing I can suggest is that you rip everything out again,
Install SS to its own directory on the D: drive (or storage drive), and before you try to play, make sure all the attributes for the folder and subfolders are given full access. (do this by changing the properties of the entire STALKERSOUP folder.

Although all this should be set out clearly in Swords guide.

The next step is to make a shortcut to the stalkersoup.exe file, and always run it as the administrator.

I think many of the problems were facing are not from the mod itself, its just basically becuase the stalker games are well over 10 years old now, and microsoft was quite thoughtless about the compatibilty with the stalker games.

I'l be speaking to Bill about it when I see him.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jul 2017 - 13:14

aZmoDen wrote:
LOL its all gone wrong.
I deleted SS, purged my reg.
Downloaded ss from mega with its app and the game verifier doesnt work.
Downloaded ss from mega with its app (iso version) didnt work.
Downloaded each individual file manually from mega (using vpn got around the gb limit), didnt work.
Im now on the torrent sitting at 156.2KiB/s with an 11h 26m wait time!
i went through all the UAC stuff, different drive (ded games ssd), administrator settings etc, and nothing Sad

I can't comment on the torrent as I'm still waiting for mine to download after several days... Evil or Very Mad

Do you have the latest game verifier? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Do you have all 11 files from Mega?
And in what way do they not work, please? Because the torrent was originally downloaded from Mega!

But a clearer explanation than 'nothing' will help us solve this Wink
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jul 2017 - 21:54

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here another one for the Dialogue Improvement Team if you don't already know about it...

- After returning Arhara's notebook, he gives MO a task
Spoiler:

- Screenshots here if you need them:
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jul 2017 - 22:48

pchester wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here another one for the Dialogue Improvement Team if you don't already know about it...

- After returning Arhara's notebook, he gives MO a task
Spoiler:

Woohoo, thank you for this one! I've been looking for Arhara all over AW! I also found Arhara's laptop in
Spoiler:
without being asked, and have been carting it around with me ever since... Embarassed

Maybe Arhara will finally spawn for me after this cheers

And yes, it will be fixed... santa
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jul 2017 - 23:09

Sword2012 wrote:
Maybe Arhara will finally spawn for me after this

Arhara spawns
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
aZmoDen
Experienced
aZmoDen

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jul 2017 - 1:36

When i run the game verifier a window pops up and immediately closes again. Sad
i know its something on my end.
However my previous install (i did find an older archive [new 110000 new db files]) with
stalkersoup setup -1-08.bin
and
stalkersoup setup.exe
works fine!..
ill await the torrent and see whats up

*edit* altho i had the game verifier from the mega download i thought id try the one you posted and nada. same deal. A window appears and instantly disappears too.

Last edited by aZmoDen on Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 2:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hipster Doofus
Experienced
Hipster Doofus

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jul 2017 - 2:04

I had the same issue with the verifier. Would open then close.

With the torrent the verifier works OK. When it has finished it then starts the install.
Back to top Go down
aZmoDen
Experienced
aZmoDen

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jul 2017 - 2:24

ah sweet Hipster Doofus, there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel!
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jul 2017 - 3:07

Hipster Doofus wrote:
I had the same issue with the verifier. Would open then close.

With the torrent the verifier works OK. When it has finished it then starts the install.

Same happens with me...

If I put the Verifier in the downloaded torrent folder it works fine, and starts the install

If I put the Verifier in the downloaded Mega folder it doesn't work  No

I see that there are 10 .bin files in the torrent, but 9 setup files in the Mega folder, and that the contents look substantially different from each other  scratch

So back to the Mega folder, if I decompress the 'STALKERSUP_SETUP.7z' folder, and then run the Verifier within the new folder created, it works fine, and starts the install cheers

Last edited by Sword2012 on Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 3:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aZmoDen
Experienced
aZmoDen

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jul 2017 - 3:08

see i cant decompress the mega versions of the stalkersup_setup.
7zip gives me errors Sad

G:\GameUpdates\STALKERSOUP\sstalkersup\stalkersup_setup.7z can not open the file as [7z]archive
is not archicve
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jul 2017 - 3:18

aZmoDen wrote:
see i cant decompress the mega versions of the stalkersup_setup.
7zip gives me errors Sad

G:\GameUpdates\STALKERSOUP\sstalkersup\stalkersup_setup.7z can not open the file as [7z]archive
is not archicve

So if you right click on the 'STALKERSUP_SETUP.7z' file, choose 7-Zip, then 'Extract files...', what happens?

Alternatively, WinRAR also works...

Last edited by Sword2012 on Tue 11 Jul 2017 - 3:20; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aZmoDen
Experienced
aZmoDen

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jul 2017 - 3:18

that error message!
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jul 2017 - 3:22

aZmoDen wrote:
that error message!

If WinRAR also doesn't work, then your download could be corrupted. Try the torrent Smile
Back to top Go down
aZmoDen
Experienced
aZmoDen

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jul 2017 - 3:24

yeah i suspect that when mega cuts off the download due to exceeding bandwidth and hopping vpn ips to finish teh download, something goes wrong.

oh well almost finished the torrent~!
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jul 2017 - 3:26

aZmoDen wrote:
yeah i suspect that when mega cuts off the download due to exceeding bandwidth and hopping vpn ips to finish teh download, something goes wrong.

oh well almost finished the torrent~!

Please let us know how it goes... Smile
Back to top Go down
aZmoDen
Experienced
aZmoDen

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jul 2017 - 4:44

Ok there is something wierd going on.
On the mega download there is a game verifier.exe and some zip files.
On the torrent there is .bin files and a game setup.exe.

The torrent one is almost identical to the the version i had archived of the 110000 game files.

Interesting, i ran the STALKERSOU game setup.exe (stalkersoup v110012) and got an error saying minimum install needed is v110013.
Adding the game verifier you linked Sword2012, got the same error message.

christ, this is bizzar, ive purged my pc reg of SS rrelated thingys so yea... fking wierd.

ok every single verifier i coudl find and game setup.exe's give me this exact same message:

Error message and help/support subforum PKW1T

hmm cant see the pic, ill try linking it too
Back to top Go down
aZmoDen
Experienced
aZmoDen

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jul 2017 - 5:11

OMG! ITS WORKING *backs slowly away from the computer to minimise seismic forces*

CCleaner found 1 reg i forgot to delete, Game Verifier.exe works fine, game is installing fine.

Savegames are gone, thats depressing. 3rd time restarting from scratch (2 previous games id already gone through x-16)

However, hopefully this is all stable, workd fine and no issues moving forward!

Sword and Steve, thank you for your advice, help and most importantly your time spent helping me though this life altering clusterquack. I really appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jul 2017 - 6:12

aZmoDen wrote:
OMG!  ITS WORKING *
Congratulations on a job well done! Woohoo! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jul 2017 - 21:15

Another name difference: Bland or Hood...
Spoiler:

Screenshots here:
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jul 2017 - 23:12

pchester wrote:
Another name difference: Bland or Hood...
Thanks for this. It'll be fixed for 1.10014 Smile
Back to top Go down
rusty_shackleford
Experienced
rusty_shackleford

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jul 2017 - 5:36

I've been collecting a list of errors that appear throughout my Level 0 playthrough so far. I've never actually been to Level 1 before, and I think I'll soon be there. More errors to follow:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeWed 19 Jul 2017 - 15:05

Thanks for your list, rusty_shackleford  Smile

The Snitch dialogues should have been fixed two patches ago, so we'll take another look...

Sepator's dialogues, as well as many other Google translations, have not yet been looked at. We've found that that the best way of recreating these dialogues is to actually play the game and figure out what they should be in the correct context

The other two typos you mentioned have been fixed for 1.10014

Thank you for providing the faulty text accurately, enabling us to search for it  Smile
............................................................................................................

NOTE for anyone supplying typos, or other dialogue errors to be fixed

1. If the text is already a mess, it means we haven't got around to that file yet, so there's no point in fixing a single typo within it unless it's a serious one like an NPC name

2. It is worth fixing a typo in something that's clearly in otherwise good English

3. Please provide the faulty text accurately, so we can search for it. We're good at what we do, and can often extrapolate from inaccurate data, but there's no substitute for an accurate description or a screenshot  Smile

4. Please bear in mind that we already have literally hundreds of screenshots, that we've created ourselves, to fix

5. Any dialogue error posted on this forum will be fixed, out of respect for the member reporting it. If you've taken the time to report it, we'll take the time to fix it...

6. Priority will always be given to game-breaking dialogues. If you've struggled over a dialogue before finally figuring out what it should be, please let us know. You'll be saving us time...

7. Ideally, please post dialogue/descriptions to the correct part of the forum i.e. Dialogue Improvement, as it's not always possible to monitor every post on the forum
Back to top Go down
aZmoDen
Experienced
aZmoDen

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jul 2017 - 12:03

Hey peoples! nice to see my thread sticking around!
Im getting a crash after using the mobile trader at ATP.
Has anyone recieved the same / similar thing?

! Cannot find saved game ~~~ utils: object name[atp_mobil_torgovetz] attempt to read a non-existant string field[buy_condition] in section[trader]
* Log file has been saved successfully!
! Cannot find saved game ~~~ trade manager: incorrect trader settings. cannot find buy_condition!!!!
! Cannot find saved game ~~~ utils: object name[atp_mobil_torgovetz] attempt to read a non-existant string field[sell_condition] in section[trader]
* Log file has been saved successfully!
! Cannot find saved game ~~~ trade manager: incorrect trader settings. cannot find sell_condition!!!!
! Cannot find saved game ~~~ bstalk: actor inventory count[523]
sv destroy object [24364][separator:separator24364] [4813]
sv reject. id_parent [0][actor:single_player] id_entity [24364][separator:separator24364] [4813]
cl setDestroy [24364][4813]
FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression    : ini_file.section_exist(section)
[error]Function      : CTradeParameters::process
[error]File          : e:\stalker\sources\trunk\xr_3da\xrgame\trade_parameters_inline.h
[error]Line          : 111
[error]Description   : cannot find section true

stack trace:

Scheduler tried to update object atp_mobil_torgovetz
Back to top Go down
Aleks1970
Administrator Founder
Aleks1970

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jul 2017 - 14:19

aZmoDen wrote:
Hey peoples! nice to see my thread sticking around!
Im getting a crash after using the mobile trader at ATP.
Has anyone recieved the same / similar thing?

Error:

Thanks,
this will be corrected soon in a new micro fix...
Back to top Go down
https://stalkersoup.forumotion.com
aZmoDen
Experienced
aZmoDen

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeWed 2 Aug 2017 - 3:38

I have come across another proiblem.
I hvae gone through the monolith, then done decoder room, npp2 north ending.
But i still have part 4 / 4 of the mission:
'Find the entrance to the chernobyl sarcophagus' - 'find the entrance to teh  sarcophagus'
ive gone back and gone through the monolith again  (for the second time) but it wont trigger the mission end.

*EDIT* also, does anyone know if i can sort that mission out via info-portion? and if so, what is it? Smile

thanks!
Back to top Go down
_Nite_
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeWed 2 Aug 2017 - 5:24

something screwed up on the north side of the pripyat map (not pripyat east the other one), now my game gets a CTD everytime I access that area, I don't know at what point it happened, here is the end of my log file

Spoiler:

I'm gonna have to use the map teleporter to get around it for now
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeWed 2 Aug 2017 - 14:05

aZmoDen wrote:
wont trigger the mission end.

Strange ... I think it is supposed to complete (and the timer stop) when you enter the building (the Sarcophagus) and before you descend to the interior.  However, I just reloaded an old game and it didn't end for me either. It must have worked when I originally played it, as the mission is completed in my later saves. Anyway, the info portion to complete the mission is
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitimeWed 2 Aug 2017 - 14:13

_Nite_ wrote:
something screwed up on the north side of the pripyat map

The north western part of Pripyat is probably the most troublesome area in then game for me for location CTDs. Usually I can get around it by choosing a different route (sticking to the east side and slipping through the side gate into the stadium), or sometimes by using lots of quicksave ... creep forward a few steps ... quicksave...

However, if I need to
Spoiler:
usually I have to come back later and hope that whatever is causing the SetBoneVisible error has cleared.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Error message and help/support subforum
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next