StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...
Incorrect information in dialogue Icon_minitimeby markdewet Today at 2:21

» Incorrect information in dialogue
Incorrect information in dialogue Icon_minitimeby markdewet Yesterday at 23:36

» Surround sound in STALKERSOUP
Incorrect information in dialogue Icon_minitimeby markdewet Tue 15 Oct 2024 - 0:52

» Question for pchester re walkthrough
Incorrect information in dialogue Icon_minitimeby markdewet Mon 14 Oct 2024 - 11:11

» A few suggestions from a newbie player
Incorrect information in dialogue Icon_minitimeby markdewet Sun 13 Oct 2024 - 23:25

» Screen freeze
Incorrect information in dialogue Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Sun 13 Oct 2024 - 12:12

» ! error in stalker with visual actors\dolg\stalker_do_antigas
Incorrect information in dialogue Icon_minitimeby humdee Sat 12 Oct 2024 - 15:57

» Spawn Menu Directory
Incorrect information in dialogue Icon_minitimeby markdewet Sat 12 Oct 2024 - 2:08

October 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
markdewet
Incorrect information in dialogue I_vote_lcapIncorrect information in dialogue I_voting_barIncorrect information in dialogue I_vote_rcap 
pchester
Incorrect information in dialogue I_vote_lcapIncorrect information in dialogue I_voting_barIncorrect information in dialogue I_vote_rcap 
Sword2012
binky69
Statistics
We have 1797 registered users
The newest registered user is SteamedHans

Our users have posted a total of 12713 messages in 1772 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Incorrect information in dialogue

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
markdewet
Novice
markdewet

Incorrect information in dialogue Empty
PostSubject: Incorrect information in dialogue   Incorrect information in dialogue Icon_minitimeWed 16 Oct 2024 - 12:21

Hi guys,
Just a small error I picked up now while playing, when MO gives Freeman the blueprints, the dialogue says "Item Removed: Detailed plan of the bunker at x1"
Should it not be x10?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gmcomputers.co.za
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Incorrect information in dialogue   Incorrect information in dialogue Icon_minitimeWed 16 Oct 2024 - 16:54

Hi markdewet

It should say 'Detailed plan of the bunker at Radar', and this was corrected a very long time ago. I'm assuming you're playing 1.10019.5, but I don't think a 'dialogues and descriptions' update has been made available for download during the past two years...

I'll see what can be done about this, and thanks for pointing it out...
Back to top Go down
markdewet
Novice
markdewet

PostSubject: Re: Incorrect information in dialogue   Incorrect information in dialogue Icon_minitimeWed 16 Oct 2024 - 16:59

Sword2012 wrote:
Previous post:
Hi [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Yes I am indeed playing 1.10019.5. I have a screenshot of it if you want it.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Incorrect information in dialogue   Incorrect information in dialogue Icon_minitimeYesterday at 13:53

No need, thanks, as I know this error was fixed about two years ago. We just need to release an updated Dialogues patch, or wait until the next major release...

If you come across any major howlers, please let me know. There's a whole episode in the game which is still full of gobbledegook due to an SSD failure (mine!), which is why a second draft of all the files is now being done...
Back to top Go down
markdewet
Novice
markdewet

PostSubject: Re: Incorrect information in dialogue   Incorrect information in dialogue Icon_minitimeYesterday at 17:54

Sword2012 wrote:
No need, thanks, as I know this error was fixed about two years ago. We just need to release an updated Dialogues patch, or wait until the next major release...

If you come across any major howlers, please let me know. There's a whole episode in the game which is still full of gobbledegook due to an SSD failure (mine!), which is why a second draft of all the files is now being done...
I hear you and I read about the SSD loss of data in another thread, so sorry to hear about that. I have the dialogue files and I am assisting to edit them and make them more understandable. As I play I take screenshots where it does not make sense then search for that dialogue in the files and see how to improve it.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Incorrect information in dialogue   Incorrect information in dialogue Icon_minitimeYesterday at 18:11

If you're doing this for your own game only then this is okay, though there are strict editing rules to follow to avoid messing up the code in your game

But bear in mind that the files you're editing are two years out of date...

I'll contact you privately, because if you're assisting then you'll need the latest version of the relevant text files!
Back to top Go down
markdewet
Novice
markdewet

PostSubject: Re: Incorrect information in dialogue   Incorrect information in dialogue Icon_minitimeYesterday at 18:17

Sword2012 wrote:
Previous post:
No, I received the files from you, I think, as I offered to assist and you replied, supplying me with the latest files as far as I am aware. You emailed me, if you remember.

EDIT: No, apologies, I downloaded the dialogue files from a link here on the forum, so you may be right, they may be out of date.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Incorrect information in dialogue   Incorrect information in dialogue Icon_minitimeYesterday at 21:20

That is correct, by over two years. I've added a note to that effect...
Back to top Go down
markdewet
Novice
markdewet

PostSubject: Re: Incorrect information in dialogue   Incorrect information in dialogue Icon_minitimeYesterday at 23:36

Sword2012 wrote:
That is correct, by over two years. I've added a note to that effect...
Ah OK, I am with you now. my apologies for jumping the gun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Incorrect information in dialogue   Incorrect information in dialogue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Incorrect information in dialogue
Page 1 of 1