StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Game crashes while on load screens
Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 22:26

» Yakut does not give a dialog
Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby SPEC Fri 8 Mar 2024 - 14:26

» All the Database files
Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 6 Mar 2024 - 18:03

» For @everyone
Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Aleks1970 Sat 24 Feb 2024 - 0:31

» StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11
Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Aleks1970 Fri 23 Feb 2024 - 23:57

» What to do after Fly's rescue?
Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Tue 20 Feb 2024 - 20:30

» Monolith respawns
Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Tue 6 Feb 2024 - 13:40

» Fanatic and Sakharov Teleporters
Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeby pchester Sun 4 Feb 2024 - 14:25

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user
Statistics
We have 1741 registered users
The newest registered user is Iamthepanda

Our users have posted a total of 12521 messages in 1746 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...

Go down 
+28
Sword2012
Fofyhead
ze4400
Dirmagnos
Aleks1970
TrueB
CPTJack
Ikaruss
WhiteWolf
Vadrigos
cullinaire
takethemonolithpill
bobrar
Erpy
Killing_One
Shadow758
td3005
Wombat_70
zone
jak2921
Sgtanarchy
liquidflorian
nemisis1842khann
Sagari12
Reaper1510
sjohnson
Vi_severance
meinkaiser
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Ikaruss
Experienced

Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2020 - 4:02

Murphy's laws haunt me ...
Finally I was able to go up to the place, with many tricks, and in God mode, because I fell many times.
Still, that didn't stop me from fracturing my legs.

Spoiler:
And I'm not going to do it, not when my progress is too much, it would be easier to start the game again ... and before that, I prefer to uninstall the game than how frustrated I am right now...
So, please, help...

Last edited by Ikaruss on Tue 14 Jul 2020 - 4:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Veteran
WhiteWolf

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2020 - 12:20

Previous post:
Hello Friend Ikarrus. Bro, i have dune this a lot, and found my self in a spot that i cannot go forward. The big rule in this game is, don't rus to quick to other parts of the game maps, do the quests in correct way. You will get a quest sometimes in the beginning, but, it is for later in the game like the 2 controller brains. There is a guide to help you do it step by step right to the end of the hole game, please download it, play the game by following the guide as you go. Please Send Swords or Pchester a private message asking the link to that guide as i still have it but cannot find the link to it. I know i got it of MEGA
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2020 - 12:49

Pchester's Wise, Wonderful, Wide-ranging Walkthroughs are here  santa

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2020 - 14:55

Ikaruss wrote:
So it's simple: I need a way to continue this mission, revive Lukash, or whatever, that does not involve returning 80 saved games back, because it would be the fourth time that as long I have been playing, that I must return several savegame back. And I'm not going to do it, not when my progress is too much, it would be easier to start the game again ... and before that, I prefer to uninstall the game than how frustrated I am right now... So, please, help...

Unfortunately there is no way that I know of to spawn-in a named NPC.

You could try resurrecting Lukash if his body is still there, but that generally only works immediately after death and I doubt that it would work after all this time. If you want to try resurrection, make a save, target the corpse and enter [ESC]+[R]. (The save is because I find [ESC]+[R] often crashes the game on the first attempt, but for some reason it can work after reloading.)

If resurrection does work, Lukash will almost certainly be hostile, but you may be able to calm him down with the [ESC]+[F] (Attitude) menu.

If resurrection doesn't work, I am afraid you are unlikely to be able to continue with your current game. Lukash and his Freedomers are key to exploring Warlab, and the rest of the game opens up from there.

If you still want to continue, you can 'PM' me with your email address and I will send you a working save game from just before talking to Lukash. I will undoubtedly have done some things differently from you, but at least the game can be completed from that save.

Sword has given you a link to some walkthroughs; there is an updated version of Part I here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Part II (Recon onward) will be updated for dialogue improvements in due course, but is pretty much correct as far as the story goes.

Finally, if you don't mind some general advice, do not take game shortcuts unless you have no alternative and are willing to take a chance that things might go wrong. StalkerSoup is a very linear game at times, and if you do things in the wrong order or use "cheat" menus to bypass parts of the story, you can miss important events and triggers.... which can seriously mess up your game later on!

Also be careful to read all of the dialogue; there are often important clues (like Voronin telling you not to get involved with Skull) that are there for a reason.

Good luck, Stalker...
Back to top Go down
Ikaruss
Experienced
Ikaruss

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jun 2020 - 23:56

My previous rant:

EDIT:

First, apologies for letting myself be carried away by the frustration of my message.
However, I did not delete it, nor change my opinion, about the errors that some missions of the game have.

As a last attempt, I try reviving the dead with the Esc + R.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Ikaruss on Tue 14 Jul 2020 - 4:32; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I put the spoilers)
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2020 - 20:08

You have no need to apologise for being frustrated with the current state of the game. And thank you for pointing out these issues. Those of us who have been playing the game repeatedly over many years know where most of the problems are, and we can generally avoid them or know how to solve them. We tend to forget how confusing and unforgiving it can be to a new player, and it is always worth being reminded of that. I certainly can't argue that the game is perfect, but there is something about it that keeps drawing many of us back for yet another replay.

StalkerSoup is still in beta development, and therefore we are all effectively beta testers. Hopefully at least some of the issues that you have encountered will be fixed before the final release, but the development team is a very small band of dedicated individuals, and unfortunately they don't have as much time to spend on the game as they would wish. Progress is sometimes slow, but the game is improving with every update and patch.

As you probably know, StalkerSoup is the result of merging several large mods, a monumental task in itself and one that is still being worked on. Many of the issues that you have highlighted, such as using the 'edge' areas around certain maps, are direct imports from those mods or a result of inconsistencies between them. I don't know if TecnoBacon intends to do any further work on the imported maps, but in the past he has tended to leave other people's work unchanged where possible, in recognition of the work done by the original authors. In my personal opinion, if something doesn't affect the story I would consider any such modification to be low priority at most.

Errors in the gameplay are a different matter. As you say, it should not be possible to make an in-game decision that prevents you from finishing the game. Skull's task is an obvious example, and in my opinion the option to side with him against Freedom should be removed. However, that isn't my decision to make. I am sure that such issues will be fixed in due course, but for now TecnoBacon is focusing his efforts on completing the endgame and drawing all the threads together, and it may be a while before he has time to revisit earlier problems.

I am not trying to excuse the game's state, only to give my personal opinion of why we are where we are. All I can say is, please don't give up on StalkerSoup. Keep on playing and reporting anything you encounter that spoils your enjoyment. I can't promise that things will be fixed, at least in the short term, but if you come up against further issues that you can't solve we will do our best to help you here.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2020 - 22:05

The only thing I'd add to pchester's comprehensive explanation is that StalkerSoup is about choices. You can play the game in any way you want, but there will always be consequences

Throw your hand in with the wrong lot, and certain avenues of opportunity will be lost to you - just as in real life

There's nothing to stop you from playing the game in any way you wish. You can even try to kill everyone you see, but expect consequences

Join forces with Skull, the renegade from Duty, or side with the Freedomers? - The choice is yours

Side with the bandits, or kill them all on sight? - It's your choice, and there are outcomes to both

Whenever there are two or more more opposing factions, do you take sides or wait until the carnage is over? There are consequences to each decision you make. And that's why the game hasn't been completed yet, because it's constantly evolving

You don't need to use pchester's guide. You can play freestyle and see what happens. Personally I like to wander the Zone, following clues and listening to conversations, and seeing what turns up

Only use the Guide if you want to get the maximum out of the game, or want to know what happens if you make a certain choice. But the player is never forced down an absolute route. It's full of choices and potentially missed opportunities

As pchester says, there is much in the game that still requires fixing, but that doesn't stop you from playing

I've only been with it since 2014, and I don't think it will ever be finished. I certainly hope not. I want it to keep on getting better... Wink
Back to top Go down
Ikaruss
Experienced
Ikaruss

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Jun 2020 - 23:30

pchester wrote:

As you probably know, StalkerSoup is the result of merging several large mods, a monumental task in itself and one that is still being worked on.

Well, this explains many, many things.

Already much calmer, I will comment on other details that add to my problems:
On the one hand, the language.
Although I am good at understanding spoken English, to read it do I have my weaknesses, and well, it also influences that sometimes it is a rare or poorly written English.

Spoiler:

From already thank you very much.
And again, sorry for my complaints. Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Ikaruss on Tue 14 Jul 2020 - 4:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I put the spoilers tag)
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2020 - 0:59

Thanks for your measured response, Ikaruss

You're absolutely right about the English. The dialogues team has been translating and rewriting it for the past five years

You should have seen it then - totally incomprehensible and machine-translated from several Eastern European writers. I'd say that about 80% of the text files have been fixed over this period, but untranslated parts are still scattered around the game

This is because a lot of the work was lost (in translation?) after a drive failure a couple of years back

But most of the game's dialogues are now good - including Cyclops' riddles   Twisted Evil  

Basically, if you find something that makes no sense, then it still needs to be fixed - and this is where pchester's guide comes in useful

Just as TB and his coding team have taken at least four large and disparate STALKER mods, plus a huge variety of smaller mods, and got them all working together (a magnificent achievement in itself), the dialogues team has been knitting together the separate stories to make a connected and immersive storyline as you transition from one to the next

Not only that, but the coding team has tweaked and fixed many parts of the engine and code that make the game stand head and shoulders above most other STALKER mods

So as you've already discovered the best parts of this game - the reasons why so many keep on replaying it with every new update - you're also finding the bits that haven't been fixed yet!

So I ask you to please bear with us. We know you love this game, and so do we. For all of us here this is the best STALKER mod ever, and it has so many ambitions for the future. But it's still growng and is still nowhere near its maximum potential. For one thing it's still restricted by a 32-bit architecture. Just wait until it goes true 64-bit...

As for some of your storylines not developing, I find that if I give it time, and just go somewhere else and do something different in the game for a while, then characters will eventually reach their intended destinations and be there when I return. For me, this organic nature of the game is one of my favorite and most immersive, true-to-life dynamics...
Back to top Go down
Ikaruss
Experienced
Ikaruss

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2020 - 1:41

Well, the truth is, I totally ignored that this mod was mods united and working together.
It was obvious that you were taking elements from other mods, and even from other games, like Metro, but I thinking (now I see that mistakenly), that the game was programmed by you (Tecno Bacon).
And as I mentioned before, in my previous message, now everything makes sense, haha ​​...

It's funny how all this reminds me of the case of the Robotech animated series, where Harmony Gold USA took three different anime series, and they transformed it to their liking.
Resulting SDF Macross (where is my avatar), the most affected series.
Only here, if I see good intentions on the part of the staff.

Going back to STALKER, if you want and if you can, I have some missions designed for the game, which I actually write for the Role Playing Game.
But if you wish and can include them, I will gladly translate them into English, somewhere in the suggestions.

For now, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], if your offer to pass me a save cleaner than mine, in order to continue the game, I will appreciate it.
I send you a PM.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 24 Jun 2020 - 22:19

Ikaruss wrote:
For now, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], if your offer to pass me a save cleaner than mine, in order to continue the game, I will appreciate it.
I send you a PM.

Hi Ikaruss,

I replied to your PM, but for some reason my reply has been stuck in my outbox all day. I seem to get this problem a lot. Rolling Eyes

I can send you a save game from just after Fang gives you the Red Forest mission and before you return the ring to Lukash, or a later one from after you bring Viktor Hologram to Maples. Both saves are before actually going to the Red Forest. Please let me know which one you want, and PM me with your email address so I can send it to you.
Back to top Go down
Ikaruss
Experienced
Ikaruss

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jun 2020 - 7:30

Here we go again.
This time, I'm stuck with
Spoiler:

But hey, keep in mind that detail that there is this bug of not accepting the mission.

Last edited by Ikaruss on Tue 14 Jul 2020 - 4:34; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I put the spoilers tag)
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Stuck in the gameplay stalker let's have a little chat   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 28 Jun 2020 - 13:49

Ikaruss wrote:
Here we go again.
This time, I'm stuck with the hunter quest in Red Forest.
Or rather in the swamps.
Spoiler:

But hey, keep in mind that detail that there is this bug of not accepting the mission.

Hi Ikaruss, in many ways Stalkersoup is a linear game. This is the benefit of pchester's excellent guides. There is a similar issue in Levelup 1 where MO has to speak to one party, then another, then a 3rd, and then...speak again to the first without doing in that order the next mission never presents itself. There is also a wealth of info in the pages of the Forum, though there it pays to read from back to front, to get the latest data. The search engine works well imo. Because unless info can be quickly accessed, it is a case of waiting for an answer from the helpful members but only when they are online. Regards, TrueB.

Experienced
Ikaruss

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Jul 2020 - 11:16

Stuck, once again ...
I looked it up, but found nothing about it.

I'm on a mission to
Spoiler:
Of course, until you get to this point.

Last edited by Ikaruss on Tue 14 Jul 2020 - 4:35; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I put the spoilers tag)
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 1 Jul 2020 - 20:52

Hmm, I don't know why you don't see the
Spoiler:

Try this:

Don't worry, you have a lot more to do before you reach the end of Level 0... and after that you have Levels 1 and 2 awaiting you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ikaruss
Experienced
Ikaruss

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Jul 2020 - 6:18

pchester wrote:
Spoiler:

No, no ... I do saw it, I see it, and I focus my sight so that it is in the exact middle.
Spoiler:
Neither of them works.

pchester wrote:

Try this:

Don't worry, you have a lot more to do before you reach the end of Level 0... and after that you have Levels 1 and 2 awaiting you Very Happy

I will do this, and later I tell you how it is go.

EDIT:

It worked... for now.

Spoiler:

About what happened, I have no idea.
And is it possible that due to the changes in the versions, there are big differences between what is your walktrough and the current version that I am playing, (v v1.1.0019)?

Spoiler:

I'm going to continue playing, to see if any other problem appears (hopefully not), and I keep a save named specifically at this point, just in case.

Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Stuck in the gameplay Stalker? Let's have a little chat.   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Jul 2020 - 9:57

Ikaruss wrote:
pchester wrote:
Hmm...
And is it possible that due to the changes in the versions, there are big differences between what is your walktrough and the current version that I am playing, (v v1.1.0019)?
Hi Ikaruss, as far as I know, the latest version is 1.10019.1 Regards, TrueB.

Ps: beautiful song.

Last edited by Sword2012 on Thu 2 Jul 2020 - 11:23; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Ps)
Back to top Go down
Ikaruss
Experienced
Ikaruss

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2020 - 0:24

Well, I got to what is level 2, and I think this is where I am, at least for now.

My criticism of the game, which I hope is constructive, is in spoilers:

Spoiler:

But hey, for now I will go to Dead Air, which I have downloaded for a while waiting for me.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 14 Jul 2020 - 0:47

Thanks for your constructive comments, Ikaruss

The devs already know how they'd like the game to be, and are steadily working towards it. But it's a labour of love from quite a small, albeit very talented team...

Notwithstanding the coding problems when merging mods, one issue with including someone else's work is that, in giving their permission, they sometimes ask for it to remain essentially untouched - so we have to work around it no matter how much we'd like to make 'improvements' Evil or Very Mad

But please feel free to come back in a year or so, ideally soon after a new major patch, and see if the game's any closer to what you'd like Wink
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Stuck in the gameplay stalker? Let's have a little chat.   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jul 2020 - 11:38

pchester wrote:
Spoiler:

Try this:

Lastly, there will hopefully be Levelup 3 the final (?), plus DLC extensions in Levelups 4 to 10.
Stalkersoup from beginning to end with 4 parts: 0, 1, 2, and 3, is remarkable for its sheer size and variety. I find the Levelups as fascinating and imo harder than Level 0. I am really looking forward to playing Level 3, which has yet to be uploaded, together with the end of Level 2.

Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Aug 2020 - 1:08

WhiteWolf wrote:
Hi, this page you can post your problem when you cannot find your way to complete the quest you on, or just ask a question about where , what and how. We all know the game change a lot, and things are tweaked a bit if i can say so. So, don't just stand there, come in, and lets have a little chat, and we will try our best to help you out. Cool

I can't find instructions on how to make an artifact. I'm thinking you have to throw the ingredients into the anomaly but can't find how to throw objects. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Stuck in the gameplay stalker? let's have a little chat   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Aug 2020 - 5:09

Previous post:

Hi please click on the dark area below to find out.
Spoiler:

Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Aug 2020 - 18:16

TrueB wrote:
Previous post:

Hi please click on the dark area below to find out.
Spoiler:

Thanks! But how do you get the ingredients into the anomaly?
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue 4 Aug 2020 - 18:31

Quote :
Thanks!  But how do you get the ingredients into the anomaly?

Stand as close to the anomaly as you dare

Turn away so that your back is to the anomaly - you don't want to be blinded by what will happen soon

If the artefact or item you want to drop is attached to your belt, remove it and put it into your Inventory

In your Inventory, right click on the artefact or item you want to throw, and select 'Drop'

Once you've dropped the correct artefact, or group of items, if the anomaly has accepted them you'll see a blinding white flash around you

If not, those items may have missed the anomaly, so pick them up and try again a bit closer...  Twisted Evil

NOTE: The anomaly may also refuse to accept the items if it doesn't recognise them, or the selection...

CPTJack likes this post

Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Stuck in the soup, let's have a little chat.   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 6 Aug 2020 - 5:04

CPTJack wrote:
Thanks!  But how do you get the ingredients into the anomaly?

You should try Sword's method, but it may not work if you have not acquired the correct recipes.
Spoiler:

regards, TrueB.
Back to top Go down
Dirmagnos
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2020 - 1:03

Tried to look around forum, cant find anything.
Question is simple - is there any way to revert zombification ? I got zombified by Controller in Agroprom tunnels and now everybody shoots at me.
Is there a FAQ for those questions ?
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2020 - 8:17

HI Dirmagnos.
It depends how badly zombified you have become.
- Sleeping for as little as an hour can cure light zombification.
- Akim and other traders sell Antizombin tablets, which cure all but the most serious zombification. However, they are expensive - and I'm not sure if traders will trade with you if you are already zombified. Akim gives Antizombin tablets as a reward for some of his tasks. Always worth carrying some with you just in case...
- Finally you will meet someone later
Spoiler:
who sells a device which prevents zombification.

If you are too badly zombified (usually the case if the zombification "brain" icon at lower right on your screen has turned red), it is probably incurable and unfortunately you will need to reload an earlier game.

There isn't a FAQ as such, but there is a two-part walkthrough which tries to cover most of the issues that you might encounter in the game - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Aleks1970
Administrator Founder
Aleks1970

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2020 - 10:51

Dirmagnos wrote:
Question is simple - is there any way to revert zombification ? ...

pchester wrote:
HI Dirmagnos.
If you are too badly zombified (usually the case if the zombification "brain" icon at lower right on your screen has turned red), it is probably incurable and unfortunately you will need to reload an earlier game.

An
Spoiler:
is a medicine that heals from the last stage of zombification.
Some traders have it on their sell list...
Back to top Go down
https://stalkersoup.forumotion.com
Dirmagnos
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2020 - 12:14

pchester wrote:

Unfortunately i have this case.
It seems that i will have to start whole game from zero.
Due to completely idiotic system, with all do respect to mod team, that creates a million autosaves due to the fact game saves every time something happens(and does not overwrites or deletes old saves), i recently deleted all the saves, so there is nothing to go back to.
Ohh well, at least now i know.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2020 - 12:20

Quote :

As a last resort (or maybe a first, if you need to restart), Line 266 in the Modder's Script will let you disable zombification What a Face

Also, in the game's Launcher, the Game Manager will allow you to manage your saves to keeping just the last 1, 2, 3, or 4 gaming hours cheers
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2020 - 12:37

Dirmagnos wrote:

I didn't know that
Spoiler:

StalkerSoup does create a lot of autosaves, plus I make my own at certain points. I find it helpful to move anything other than 'transition' saves ("Marked One from A to B") to a separate folder. This keeps my normal game saves folder manageable, and I still have my older games available to copy back in if I need to return to them.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Stuck in the gameplay stalker? Let's have a little chat.   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2020 - 13:46

Dirmagnos wrote:
pchester wrote:

Due to completely idiotic system, with all do respect to mod team, that creates a million autosaves due to the fact game saves every time something happens(and does not overwrites or deletes old saves), i recently deleted all the saves, so there is nothing to go back to.
Ohh well, at least now i know.
Hi, Regarding Zombification (Z), in addition to the above advice:
Spoiler:
I hope this info helps. Good hunting, TrueB.

Last edited by Aleks1970 on Sat 22 Aug 2020 - 16:16; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : Spoiler fail)
Back to top Go down
Dirmagnos
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 22 Aug 2020 - 14:04

Thanks for all the replies, suggestions and ideas. Learned a lot. Restarted anyway, since i botched most of the quests in Agroprom(plus Mole bugged out, not talking to me about Strelok), because on Marked One difficulty all stalkers died even before i got to them. TTK is way to short and i cant rush in without dying in an instant. Or in Dump i get quest about monsters attacking Duty outpost and it failed 15 seconds later, with them flaming me for being useless, even tho i didnt even have time to get there.
Now that i get better feel for this mod, hopefully things will go a bit better.
Quote :

If you wish to turn off transition and reward etc saves, this can be done in Esc Advanced settings.
SOB, how to hell did i miss this one... *facepalm*
As far as saves go, i prefer manual + quicksave combo just fine.
Back to top Go down
Dirmagnos
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 23 Aug 2020 - 12:36

Another question.
How do stashes work in this mod ?
I remember in vanilla Stalker i could kill a dozen of bandits and get at least one set of coordinates, usually a couple.
In Stalkersoup, after about 5 hours, i got 3 sets and at least 2 of them were preset.
There is no random coordinates to be found from simply looting corpses ? All stalkers have PDAs, yet none of them seem to contain any useful information unfortunately.
I understand there is Collector bit, but those all are preplaced.
I miss those stashes, not even as much for loot, but for the thrill of the treasure hunt.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2020 - 12:38

I think stashes from info found on dead NPCs are randomly selected from a list of possible descriptions/locations/contents. These stashes are found less frequently than in some other STALKER mods that I have played, but still often enough to make it worth while investigating what might be hidden there. Mission-related stashes are fixed - they are in the same place and have (mostly) the same contents from game to game.

There is a setting for stashes in the game's Advanced Options on the main menu, to select between "Classic Game Mode", "Random Contents" and "Randomly Occurring". It is a while since I played with these, but I don't remember there being a noticeable difference in what I found.

Dirmagnos likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2020 - 13:13

If you're into random stashes, talking with most NPCs while sharing a bottle with them will often result in gaining a stash coordinate that they've not been able to check out...

Dirmagnos likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next