StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» NPC's don't spawn
Question regarding updates, and AutoUpdater Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Thu 25 Jul 2024 - 13:23

» Money lost on levelup
Question regarding updates, and AutoUpdater Icon_minitimeby TrueB Thu 27 Jun 2024 - 11:11

» Grave at Secret Cave (Recon) (spoilers)
Question regarding updates, and AutoUpdater Icon_minitimeby TrueB Thu 27 Jun 2024 - 10:49

» First Person Weapon Models and Strelok AK Texture
Question regarding updates, and AutoUpdater Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Fri 21 Jun 2024 - 23:45

» Stalkersoup in Windows 11
Question regarding updates, and AutoUpdater Icon_minitimeby WhiteWolf Sun 16 Jun 2024 - 3:59

» Starting directly at Collector mode
Question regarding updates, and AutoUpdater Icon_minitimeby TrueB Sun 16 Jun 2024 - 2:37

» Defend the Bar crash
Question regarding updates, and AutoUpdater Icon_minitimeby TrueB Mon 10 Jun 2024 - 11:05

» Forum problems?
Question regarding updates, and AutoUpdater Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Fri 7 Jun 2024 - 12:15

July 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
Sword2012
Question regarding updates, and AutoUpdater I_vote_lcapQuestion regarding updates, and AutoUpdater I_voting_barQuestion regarding updates, and AutoUpdater I_vote_rcap 
alcheimers
Question regarding updates, and AutoUpdater I_vote_lcapQuestion regarding updates, and AutoUpdater I_voting_barQuestion regarding updates, and AutoUpdater I_vote_rcap 
Statistics
We have 1778 registered users
The newest registered user is Victor Two

Our users have posted a total of 12586 messages in 1757 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Question regarding updates, and AutoUpdater

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PsyWarVeteran
Novice
PsyWarVeteran

Question regarding updates, and AutoUpdater Empty
PostSubject: Question regarding updates, and AutoUpdater   Question regarding updates, and AutoUpdater Icon_minitimeSat 23 Mar 2019 - 10:54

Hello Stalkers, I am not sure if this is the proper section to ask this so apologies if it is.

My question is, is the auto updater in the launcher all I need for getting new updates?

For example, if there is an update tomorrow would I have to download it manually or the auto updater will inform me about it and make me download it with the press of a button?

Also, does some, major updates require new games? Because if you are playing a mod as big as this, it would be very problematic to start over.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding updates, and AutoUpdater   Question regarding updates, and AutoUpdater Icon_minitimeSat 23 Mar 2019 - 12:09

PsyWarVeteran wrote:
Hello Stalkers, I am not sure if this is the proper section to ask this so apologies if it is.

My question is, is the auto updater in the launcher all I need for getting new updates?

For example, if there is an update tomorrow would I have to download it manually or the auto updater will inform me about it and make me download it with the press of a button?

Also, does some, major updates require new games? Because if you are playing a mod as big as this, it would be very problematic to start over.

Thank you.

Hi PsyWarVeteran. This is the perfect place for such a question Very Happy

The manual Updater is not in the Launcher. You can find it either in your StalkerSoup installation folder (UpdateSS), or in your Start menu STALKERSOUP folder (StalkerSoup update)

You'd normally set the AutoUpdater to update regularly when you install the game. If you haven't, then just manually update whenever you feel like it, or when a notice appears on this forum, or ModDB

The last update, Patch 110017.9, was in early Jan this year, so we should be due another one soon

The need to restart your game after a major patch was eliminated by TB in major patch 1.10016, though you may find that certain aspects of the game will be different on your next playthrough, due to the way the game saves information. Or new questlines may have been added before where you are in the game now

In every case, whenever you've installed a new patch, always Launch the game, ‘Enter the Zone’, and choose your level of difficulty. Complete your initial conversation with Astrologer and, after a few seconds, the game will freeze briefly while it creates two new autosaves named ‘STALKER START’ and ‘ALL’, as the patch’s updated components are integrated into the system

Only then should you return to your previous saved game to continue playing

Good hunting, Stalker...
Back to top Go down
PsyWarVeteran
Novice
PsyWarVeteran

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding updates, and AutoUpdater   Question regarding updates, and AutoUpdater Icon_minitimeSat 23 Mar 2019 - 14:05

Yeah, I mixed up the Updater's location, it's been a long time since I last played STALKERSOUP Very Happy

So, if I set the Updater to auto, it will update my game whenever a new patch comes out?
For example if I were to update the game now using the Updater, would I get the latest patch 110017.9 (and every patch that will come out in the future) as you have said?

Thank you for the quick response and thanks to all STALKERSOUP team for still working on it to this day.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding updates, and AutoUpdater   Question regarding updates, and AutoUpdater Icon_minitimeSat 23 Mar 2019 - 15:03

PsyWarVeteran wrote:
Yeah, I mixed up the Updater's location, it's been a long time since I last played STALKERSOUP Very Happy

So, if I set the Updater to auto, it will update my game whenever a new patch comes out?
For example if I were to update the game now using the Updater, would I get the latest patch 110017.9 (and every patch that will come out in the future) as you have said?

Thank you for the quick response and thanks to all STALKERSOUP team for still working on it to this day.
If you manually update the game now, it should bring you to 110017.9. That is, version 1.10017 including Micropatch 9

Sorry, I don't know a way of changing the Updater from manual to auto, as I've always done this when it asks for your preference on installing the game. If you find out please let us know... Wink

But if you keep an eye on this forum, you'll always know within 24 hours of a new patch pirat
Back to top Go down
PsyWarVeteran
Novice
PsyWarVeteran

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding updates, and AutoUpdater   Question regarding updates, and AutoUpdater Icon_minitimeSat 23 Mar 2019 - 16:05

Sword2012 wrote:
Above post:

I see, thank you again for your help.
Back to top Go down
Iceddeadmeat
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding updates, and AutoUpdater   Question regarding updates, and AutoUpdater Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jun 2019 - 22:31

What happened with the update for 109999?
Just wondering why its not available ?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding updates, and AutoUpdater   Question regarding updates, and AutoUpdater Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jun 2019 - 23:09

Iceddeadmeat wrote:
What happened with the update for 109999?
Just wondering why its not available ?
Thanks

What version of the game are you running, please? And from where did you get the installation files?

The latest installation files should have brought you to version 1.1.0012, and from there the AutoUpdater takes you to 1.1.0018
Back to top Go down
Iceddeadmeat
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding updates, and AutoUpdater   Question regarding updates, and AutoUpdater Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jun 2019 - 15:52

Well I still couldn't get 1.1.0012, to run after trying to load the installer from Mega I dumped everything again. I went back into my Mega-downloads and found a copy(1.0.99.81) that I had been running before I did a clean on my computer. So Loaded that to D:games. I seems to be running ok?
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding updates, and AutoUpdater   Question regarding updates, and AutoUpdater Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jun 2019 - 20:01

Iceddeadmeat wrote:
Well I still couldn't get 1.1.0012, to run after trying to load the installer from Mega I dumped everything again. I went back into my Mega-downloads and found a copy(1.0.99.81) that I had been running before I did a clean on my computer. So Loaded that to D:games. I seems to be running ok?

Sorry, Iceddeadmeat, but that installer is obsolete, and soooooo many things won't work properly  affraid

The game changed definitively at 1.10012, and this is where you should start

Have a look at that Installation Help Guide, as it'll tell you how to get those pesky Mega files, and how to validate them

In the meantime, you'll need to do a full uninstall and clean out again... No

But rest assured it'll be worth it though Wink
Back to top Go down
Iceddeadmeat
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding updates, and AutoUpdater   Question regarding updates, and AutoUpdater Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jun 2019 - 22:17

Hi Sword, yes I kind of noticed that, so I dumped it as well. I finally got my Mega back up, downloaded 12 from there and loaded it. I got to the point of updating, and my updater keeps timing out on me!
I might have some network issues ? We'll see?
I need to get back to the zone!
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question regarding updates, and AutoUpdater   Question regarding updates, and AutoUpdater Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question regarding updates, and AutoUpdater
Page 1 of 1