StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» NPC's don't spawn
Transmuted artefacts keep spawning below the map Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Thu 25 Jul 2024 - 13:23

» Money lost on levelup
Transmuted artefacts keep spawning below the map Icon_minitimeby TrueB Thu 27 Jun 2024 - 11:11

» Grave at Secret Cave (Recon) (spoilers)
Transmuted artefacts keep spawning below the map Icon_minitimeby TrueB Thu 27 Jun 2024 - 10:49

» First Person Weapon Models and Strelok AK Texture
Transmuted artefacts keep spawning below the map Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Fri 21 Jun 2024 - 23:45

» Stalkersoup in Windows 11
Transmuted artefacts keep spawning below the map Icon_minitimeby WhiteWolf Sun 16 Jun 2024 - 3:59

» Starting directly at Collector mode
Transmuted artefacts keep spawning below the map Icon_minitimeby TrueB Sun 16 Jun 2024 - 2:37

» Defend the Bar crash
Transmuted artefacts keep spawning below the map Icon_minitimeby TrueB Mon 10 Jun 2024 - 11:05

» Forum problems?
Transmuted artefacts keep spawning below the map Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Fri 7 Jun 2024 - 12:15

July 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
Sword2012
Transmuted artefacts keep spawning below the map I_vote_lcapTransmuted artefacts keep spawning below the map I_voting_barTransmuted artefacts keep spawning below the map I_vote_rcap 
alcheimers
Transmuted artefacts keep spawning below the map I_vote_lcapTransmuted artefacts keep spawning below the map I_voting_barTransmuted artefacts keep spawning below the map I_vote_rcap 
Statistics
We have 1778 registered users
The newest registered user is Victor Two

Our users have posted a total of 12586 messages in 1757 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Transmuted artefacts keep spawning below the map

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Doomgrin
Novice
Doomgrin

Transmuted artefacts keep spawning below the map Empty
PostSubject: Transmuted artefacts keep spawning below the map   Transmuted artefacts keep spawning below the map Icon_minitimeWed 26 Sep 2018 - 19:52

While doing some transmutations, about one out of every four attempts seem to appear below the surface of the map. After some experimentation, nothing seems to prevent this, as I have used both permanent anomalies and spawned via menu anomalies. I have even spawned the anomalies on hills in an attempt to have a wide margin of spawn area, since on occasion I have witnessed floating/falling artefacts. Yet, I'm still running into this issue. Reloading a save made after the transmutation was initiated doesn't seem to change the chances for spawn location.

Is the only solution to make a save before starting the transmutation, and then reloading when its a failure? In other words, should I stop attempting batches of transmutations due to higher probability of below map spawns? Or should I find a location with scaffolding and spawn anomalies there so any that fall would still be accessible?

I would appreciate any advice on the matter, as my attempts to access the under map area only leads to teleportation to transitions or just crashes.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Transmuted artefacts keep spawning below the map   Transmuted artefacts keep spawning below the map Icon_minitimeWed 26 Sep 2018 - 21:58

I use the anomaly capsules that Adrenaline and other traders sell, to set up a line of anomalies in the grassy area behind the fence in the main Bar area. This makes artefact cooking much easier than hunting for random anomalies. Each time I return to the Bar I just move along the line, opening the Transmutator at each one, and it shows me which artefacts I can cook without me having to keep checking my recipe list.

Some Artefacts do spawn underground, but they usually pop up eventually. Occasionally one will float up in the sky, but shooting it will cause it to fall back to earth.
Back to top Go down
Doomgrin
Novice
Doomgrin

PostSubject: Re: Transmuted artefacts keep spawning below the map   Transmuted artefacts keep spawning below the map Icon_minitimeWed 26 Sep 2018 - 22:10

Well, currently I setup a nearly fail-proof method. Near that southern entrance to the Bar area, there is a stack of shipping crates. I climbed up them and spawned in several anomalies through the spawn menu up in the air. I can safely walk under them and use the transmutator with no issue, and so far with a couple attempts they seem to spawn around waist level, so not even touching the ground.

I'll keep that in mind for the future, with those that might spawn underground popping back up eventually. I have run into a few floating artefacts, and shooting them from below has sent them flying into the stratosphere. Maybe a shotgun isn't the best fishing pole. Thanks for the reply, and quick question about those capsules. Is it spawned on location it hits? Like throwing it at a ceiling, would it spawn in the air?
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: Transmuted artefacts keep spawning below the map   Transmuted artefacts keep spawning below the map Icon_minitimeWed 26 Sep 2018 - 22:25

I have that on my list so it will get fixed soon. I have passed patch 17.4 to aleks for posting so it will not be in this one but maybe for 17.5
Back to top Go down
http://tecnobacon.com
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Transmuted artefacts keep spawning below the map   Transmuted artefacts keep spawning below the map Icon_minitimeWed 26 Sep 2018 - 22:28

The anomaly spawns where the capsule lands. I have only tried throwing them on the ground, and they appear to need some kind of "floor" to settle on. The top of a container might work, I have never tried. Why not experiment when you get a capsule, and see if the anomaly will form where you want it.
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: Transmuted artefacts keep spawning below the map   Transmuted artefacts keep spawning below the map Icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep 2018 - 2:41

what is needed is to create a list of the arts with an additive to the Y value. the list is needed because not all types need to be adjusted or adjusting could send them off into space (physics engine)
Back to top Go down
http://tecnobacon.com
Doomgrin
Novice
Doomgrin

PostSubject: Re: Transmuted artefacts keep spawning below the map   Transmuted artefacts keep spawning below the map Icon_minitimeThu 27 Sep 2018 - 3:01

Bezoar seemed to have a high chance of being underground and when it failed as a cobblestone instead, would always be floating around head level or little below. The Steel Kolobok or Titan Kolobok also spawned underground, but uncertain which due to my rapid reloading. Might have been the anomaly, either Whirligig or Springboard I was using was placed slightly below the ground (the ones next to the covered truck near the tree along that road south of the Bar).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transmuted artefacts keep spawning below the map   Transmuted artefacts keep spawning below the map Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transmuted artefacts keep spawning below the map
Page 1 of 1