StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
Problems with Gatherer  Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Tue 26 Mar 2024 - 20:44

» Sakharov wont talk to me
Problems with Gatherer  Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 19:37

» All the Database files
Problems with Gatherer  Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:19

» What to do after Fly's rescue?
Problems with Gatherer  Icon_minitimeby TrueB Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 11:28

» Game crashes while on load screens
Problems with Gatherer  Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 22:26

» Yakut does not give a dialog
Problems with Gatherer  Icon_minitimeby SPEC Fri 8 Mar 2024 - 14:26

» For @everyone
Problems with Gatherer  Icon_minitimeby Aleks1970 Sat 24 Feb 2024 - 0:31

» StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11
Problems with Gatherer  Icon_minitimeby Aleks1970 Fri 23 Feb 2024 - 23:57

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
DUCATISLO
Problems with Gatherer  I_vote_lcapProblems with Gatherer  I_voting_barProblems with Gatherer  I_vote_rcap 
Statistics
We have 1743 registered users
The newest registered user is Tarin

Our users have posted a total of 12527 messages in 1747 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Problems with Gatherer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TrueB
Master

Problems with Gatherer  Empty
PostSubject: Problems with Gatherer    Problems with Gatherer  Icon_minitimeSun 25 Sep 2022 - 14:06

Hi, I  thought it would be a good idea to play on Gatherer. I used exactly the same version of Stalkersoup as I  am currently playing through on Level 0 ie 1.1.10019.5. I started it in Levelup. It was very sluggish, and crashed twice. The second time when my MO was doing the animal clearance for Sid in Cordon. Incidentally, he has previously had success in the area up to the railway track, not needing to go beyond. Does anyone know if it is all of Cordon or between Sid and the railway line, please?
When the crashes occurred my MO was just using the same load as he carries in Level 0. Does anyone know why Gatherer rank exists, please? If it is for going further afield in the Zone, or is it a storyline like Collector, please advise. Thanks and Regards, JB

Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Gatherer    Problems with Gatherer  Icon_minitimeSun 25 Sep 2022 - 14:48

TrueB wrote:
Does anyone know why Gatherer rank exists, please? If it is for going further afield in the Zone, or is it a storyline like Collector, please advise.
To the best of my knowledge 'Gatherer mode' simply allows you carry as much weight as you want, up to a ridiculously high 2-3,000 kg

It's still subject to the standard memory restrictions of the game, including the maximum number of items you can carry, but it does allow to you empty all your stashes of superfluous items that you've scattered all over the game  Twisted Evil

I used it regularly in 1.10091 while testing and, other than the above provisos, never ran into any problems with it - to the point where I could forget it was even on...
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Problems with Gatherer    Problems with Gatherer  Icon_minitimeSun 25 Sep 2022 - 18:28

Sword2012 wrote:
TrueB wrote:
Does anyone know why Gatherer rank exists, please? If it is for going further afield in the Zone, or is it a storyline like Collector, please advise.
To the best of my knowledge 'Gatherer mode' simply allows you carry as much weight as you want, up to a ridiculously high 2-3,000 kg

It's still subject to the standard memory restrictions of the game, including the maximum number of items you can carry, but it does allow to you empty all your stashes of superfluous items that you've scattered all over the game  Twisted Evil

I used it regularly in 1.10091 while testing and, other than the above provisos, never ran into any problems with it - to the point where I could forget it was even on...
Hi Sword,,  thanks for your prompt reply. I think I will revert to my other game which fortunately is on  a different drive. I assumed I could merrily pick up the contents of NPC without having to care how much bread or bandages they have; I regularly have the Modders.Script set to 6 items per NPC. Of course with ammo this can mean 20 vog grenades. It quickly piles up. It explains why my game crashed perhaps. 😁 Thanks and Regards TrueB

Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Gatherer    Problems with Gatherer  Icon_minitimeMon 26 Sep 2022 - 5:45

Yes, it certainly does, and I almost reported it as a bug when my backpack kept spilling all over the ground well before I'd reached my maximum weight limit...

If you move to a different version of the game, please ensure it's one that everyone else is playing, and not a hybrid version, otherwise your valued responses will be effectively be meaningless. Version 1.10019.5 is the one we're all testing now

But if you're already in 1.10019.5, then you should be able to switch easily from 'Gatherer' to 'Normal' in the game's launcher - Game Manager > Launch options > Options and Cheats > Game type Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Gatherer    Problems with Gatherer  Icon_minitimeMon 26 Sep 2022 - 11:14

Quote :
Previous post:
Hi Sword,  No hybrid as TecnoBacon has assured me that what he referred to during my testing as 1.1.10020 became 1.1.10019.5 plus the small update. So I  am "singing off the same 'song' sheet as everyone" 😌. Due to arthritic hands and the fact for frequent savers, being lost to the Zone is usually seconds to be back in the Zone, I play on invincible mode. The only way this doesn't help is if MO's outfits/artefact protection is being tested, but there are plenty of others who can report better than me on that. Thanks and Best Regards TrueB

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Gatherer    Problems with Gatherer  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problems with Gatherer
Page 1 of 1