StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Now is the time for all good men to do their duty...
Design of Female NPCs Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Wed 1 Dec 2021 - 15:23

» Design of Female NPCs
Design of Female NPCs Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Thu 25 Nov 2021 - 21:21

» Expansion of the Zone and alternative storylines
Design of Female NPCs Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Wed 24 Nov 2021 - 13:09

» Cant find Krysjuk ‘The Rat’
Design of Female NPCs Icon_minitimeby pchester Thu 18 Nov 2021 - 18:00

» Problem with graphics
Design of Female NPCs Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Wed 10 Nov 2021 - 22:24

» Blocks in view
Design of Female NPCs Icon_minitimeby TrueB Sat 30 Oct 2021 - 18:02

» Hello world!
Design of Female NPCs Icon_minitimeby TrueB Sat 30 Oct 2021 - 17:53

» Camp Elimination (at the Army Warehouses)
Design of Female NPCs Icon_minitimeby TrueB Wed 27 Oct 2021 - 11:02

December 2021
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
Sword2012
Design of Female NPCs I_vote_lcapDesign of Female NPCs I_voting_barDesign of Female NPCs I_vote_rcap 
Statistics
We have 1315 registered users
The newest registered user is piekiller29

Our users have posted a total of 11340 messages in 1543 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Design of Female NPCs

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TrueB
Master

Design of Female NPCs Empty
PostSubject: Design of Female NPCs   Design of Female NPCs Icon_minitimeTue 9 Nov 2021 - 13:47

In the game, as far as I have found there are 3 women NPCs: Tweed, Panther and the one in Dead Marshes plus women zombies.
My suggestion for modding is the supply of female MOs, for players who may prefer to play the part of MO in female form.
Naturally uniforms would be needed for play in 3D form where players view their MOs from behind or in F3 mode from any angle.
I don't see why there needs to be any change in the dialogue nor missions,
Simply the MO character even if called Strelok could be female Strelok. The only yet necessary in my opinion change is to mod uniforms that like Tweed have feminine attributes.
When I used to play Stalker SGS 2, I came across a variation mod that had armed groups of female and male stalkers in Rostok. Unfortunately I don't recall the name of the mod. But the players character was still male. I hope this will be considered, Thanks and Regards TrueB
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Design of Female NPCs   Design of Female NPCs Icon_minitimeWed 10 Nov 2021 - 2:46

Well, don't forget Fly, and Lightning. There's also Spark and Sak's wife, both of whom we've not yet met in person, but may make an appearance in future...

But from a dialogues point of view I can see a vast part of the story needing to be rewritten for a female lead - from the perspectives of the protagonist, those encountering her, and the storyline itself

The dialogues for Tweed, Karina, and especially Panther needed to be written from a female perspective, and for the men who respected and cared for them...

But maybe one day, when the story is complete, and we get a female writer on the team...

Aleks1970 and VodkaMartiniSNS like this post

Back to top Go down
Akira
Zombie
Akira

PostSubject: Re: Design of Female NPCs   Design of Female NPCs Icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov 2021 - 4:11

I'd say dialogue doesn't need to be accounted for. Considering the game is already half google-translated.
Also, sorry to hijack the post, is there a way to play Stalkersoup in Russian? I am fluent and the occasional google translated text is just not understandable.. Embarassed

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, it'd probably be a lot of work that could be put elsewhere, considering the amount of suits needed to be rendered for the inventory screen...
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Design of Female NPCs   Design of Female NPCs Icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov 2021 - 10:05

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I'd say dialogue doesn't need to be accounted for. Considering the game is already half google-translated.

Actually very little (if any) of the original machine-translated dialogue remains in StalkerSoup. Sword2012 and his Dialogue Improvement Team have been steadily working through the entire game, replacing the original often garbled text with something more understandable - and in many places making it more relevant and meaningful to the unique story of StalkerSoup.

VodkaMartiniSNS and Akira like this post

Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Design of Female NPCs   Design of Female NPCs Icon_minitimeMon 22 Nov 2021 - 20:02

pchester is correct

StalkerSoup is a merging of independently-created mods woven together into a new and unique storyline, carrying on from where NS ended in 2012

Each of these mods had a different set of authors from different countries, using different writing styles, all of which needed to be brought together into a common language and style

Since 2012, several stalwarts have attempted to translate the mire of gobbledegook that machine translation had imposed on the original text files. However, under the circumstances, understanding the context was incredibly difficult so, in 2015, the decision was made to rewrite the game completely, using native English writers to take the intent and context of each line of dialogue into account

In doing so we've rewritten entire batches of files, common to several other STALKER mods, that have never before appeared in unbroken English - mainly because they were so bl**dy long and difficult to understand... scratch

In addition, we've rewritten all 53 map descriptions in the game to create a Unified Zone, describing a common history of culture, politics, and topography of each area - and how the game's events of 1986 and 2006 affected each of them. This will appear in your game with the next patch

It's true that there are still parts of the game with machine translation, which was due to an unplanned hard drive failure a few years ago, and we're still working towards completing the first draft - but after that it should become a lot more fun, for those of us at both ends of the keyboard... Twisted Evil

VodkaMartiniSNS and Akira like this post

Back to top Go down
Akira
Zombie
Akira

PostSubject: Re: Design of Female NPCs   Design of Female NPCs Icon_minitimeTue 23 Nov 2021 - 22:37

Sorry, I didn't want to come across as if I'm undermining the work that has been put, it's a ton of work, and a lot of time, I just didn't want to hijack the post too bad.. just a little bit! The work that has been done already is absolutely astounding and I'm loving (almost) every minute. The Resident Evil soundtracks sprinkled on top are absolutely amazing I must add. Also the hand translated parts are all very well written. If you guys need help, as a Russian, I'm willing to help with translation.
I asked if it's possible to play in Russian solely because that's my native language, and the language I always played stalker in. This mod is the first I'm playing in English. There's also a little bit of linguistic intrecacies getting lost in translation, but it's totally understandable and is not a big deal at all.

Since this has been mentioned, there actually is a bit of google translated text that still remains. I found it mostly in the chatter with stalkers or various side-missions, it's definitely far from critical but it made me sad that I just couldn't understand what was being said.

You guys did an amazing job so far, for me personally on par with mods like Ray of Hope in terms of scope (even though 2 entirely different realms) just in terms of sheer amount of work. So sorry if I came across as rude!

That being said... is this mod possible to play in Russian though? >_<
Now that I think about it, I don't even want it that bad. Sorry for making a mess out of this innocent thread Design of Female NPCs 1f633
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Design of Female NPCs   Design of Female NPCs Icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2021 - 12:54

Hi Akira

No offence taken at all, and we'd really appreciate it if you would point out those 'lost in translation' errors

It should be very clear from the text which areas have been rewritten, and which are still awaiting reworking - but if you find something that's been rewritten but incorrectly, then please feel free to point it out here

In order to find and correct it a screenshot of the text is the most useful. Either that, or the exact wording of (part of) the incorrect text

Yes, much of the legacy 'chatter' still remains from the original, and this will be addressed after the next patch. Up to now we've been focused on getting the main storyline right so it can be followed naturally without losing immersion, but I'm pleased to inform that, out of the 155 text files that make up StalkerSoup, 132 have been completed to a first draft level

In answer to your question about translation to Russian, it's my opinion that only when all the files have been completed in English that it'll be suitable for translation to other languages - if only to make the job easier for a brave and determined translator to interpret without giving up in sheer frustration... scratch study No
Back to top Go down
Akira
Zombie
Akira

PostSubject: Re: Design of Female NPCs   Design of Female NPCs Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2021 - 11:09

Sorry, I've progressed quite a bit since then, so I can't pin-point exactly or give a screenshot, but it was mostly in Rostok, especially so in the Bar where I saw most of it. Another part I remember is after you give Ghost's diary to the scientist. Again, it's only a very very small bit and nothing serious, doesn't even break immersion that bad. So no worries! All in due time

When it's all ready and done, I'll definitely be happy to give a hand at translating to Russian. Russians don't know what they're missing by not playing this mod!~ I love you
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Design of Female NPCs   Design of Female NPCs Icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2021 - 21:21

Previous post:

Ah, yes, most of the Rostok dialogues, other than Baldy's tales, have been reworked for the next patch. Dialogue improvement anywhere else will be continued after the patch is out

But thank you for the 'Russians' comment. Praise from Caesar indeed!

Akira likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Design of Female NPCs   Design of Female NPCs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Design of Female NPCs
Page 1 of 1