StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» A walk through StalkerSoup...
Poor English  in old translation? Icon_minitimeby Jowien Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 2:08

» Yakut does not give a dialog pt.2
Poor English  in old translation? Icon_minitimeby SPEC Sat 13 Apr 2024 - 15:32

» Is StalkerSoup completed?
Poor English  in old translation? Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:05

» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
Poor English  in old translation? Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:03

» Sakharov wont talk to me
Poor English  in old translation? Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 19:37

» All the Database files
Poor English  in old translation? Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:19

» What to do after Fly's rescue?
Poor English  in old translation? Icon_minitimeby TrueB Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 11:28

» Game crashes while on load screens
Poor English  in old translation? Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 22:26

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user
Statistics
We have 1749 registered users
The newest registered user is digitalaxon

Our users have posted a total of 12536 messages in 1748 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Poor English in old translation?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TrueB
Master

Poor English  in old translation? Empty
PostSubject: Poor English in old translation?   Poor English  in old translation? Icon_minitimeMon 1 Jul 2019 - 14:50

Hi Sword and Co,
With the version 19 upgrade hopefully soon to be released, is there any point in sending pages, if you have almost finished Level 0. Would it be better to wait until after the release/upgrade and see if such have been corrected rather than send beforehand?
I look forward to your reply. Thanks and regards, TrueB.

Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Poor English in old translation?   Poor English  in old translation? Icon_minitimeMon 1 Jul 2019 - 19:35

TrueB wrote:
With the version 19 upgrade hopefully soon to be released, is there any point in sending pages, if you have almost finished Level 0. Would it be better to wait until after the release/upgrade and see if such have been corrected rather than send beforehand?

Screenshots showing textual errors and context are always useful, especially before a new patch release

This enables 'last minute' problems to be fixed before the patch comes out, if they've not already been addressed Wink

But leaving until afterwards means that if they haven't been addressed, they definitely won't get fixed until the next patch Sad
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Re poor English etc   Poor English  in old translation? Icon_minitimeTue 2 Jul 2019 - 2:22

Sword2012 wrote:
Previous post:
Sound advice. In addition to the screenshot do you need area entrance save and a save at the point of screenshot please? I will try to send these if I remember, Sword, thanks and regards, TrueB.

Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Poor English in old translation?   Poor English  in old translation? Icon_minitimeTue 2 Jul 2019 - 10:21

TrueB wrote:
In addition to the screenshot do you need area entrance save and a save at the point of screenshot please?

If it's a text fault, just send screenshots with a brief description of the fault and what it should be, please
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Poor English in old translations   Poor English  in old translation? Icon_minitimeTue 2 Jul 2019 - 10:44

Sword2012 wrote:
TrueB wrote:
In addition to the screenshot do you need area entrance save and a save at the point of screenshot please?

If it's a text fault, just send screenshots with a brief description of the fault and what it should be, please
Hi Sword, I will send screenshots. I doubt I can put in what it should be, but will attempt a contextual feedback, for in the recent ones I've seen, the words appear not to be English.
Thanks and regards. TrueB.

Master

PostSubject: Poor English   Poor English  in old translation? Icon_minitimeTue 2 Jul 2019 - 11:25

Sword2012 wrote:
TrueB wrote:

Further to your announcement Sword, in Aleks' statement about the second Walkthrough by pchester, Aleks appears to say to send any documents for correction to himself.
Does this mean sending a copy to both of you, please?

Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Poor English in old translation?   Poor English  in old translation? Icon_minitimeTue 2 Jul 2019 - 12:53

TrueB wrote:
Previous post:

Aleks was kind enough to post pchester's announcement of the walkthrough, so any faults in the walkthrough should be posted to pchester

However, the early release of v41 was to assist players through the current spate of difficulties in Level 1. It's a first draft and has not been proofed, so I'd suggest holding off on comments until the next version 42 has been released, to give pchester a chance to complete it

Any faults found in the game dialogues and descriptions should be sent to me, along with a screenshot please

Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Poor English   Poor English  in old translation? Icon_minitimeTue 2 Jul 2019 - 21:07

Sword2012 wrote:
TrueB wrote:
Previous post:

Aleks was kind enough to post pchester's announcement of the walkthrough, so any faults in the walkthrough should be posted to pchester

However, the early release of v41 was to assist players through the current spate of difficulties in Level 1. It's a first draft and has not been proofed, so I'd suggest holding off on comments until the next version 42 has been released, to give pchester a chance to complete it

Any faults found in the game dialogues and descriptions should be sent to me, along with a screenshot please

Thank you Smile
Thanks for letting me know Sword, and thanks to Aleks, pchester and you for your considerable help to gamers including me, for making the game so much easier to comprehend and play. Best wishes to you all, and regards. TrueB.

PostSubject: Re: Poor English in old translation?   Poor English  in old translation? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poor English in old translation?
Page 1 of 1