StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Starting directly at collector mode
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeby pchester Yesterday at 13:12

» First Person Weapon Models and Strelok AK Texture
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeby TrueB Mon 6 May 2024 - 19:10

» Is StalkerSoup completed?
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Tue 30 Apr 2024 - 2:48

» A walk through StalkerSoup...
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeby Jowien Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 2:08

» Yakut does not give a dialog pt.2
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeby SPEC Sat 13 Apr 2024 - 15:32

» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:03

» Sakharov wont talk to me
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 19:37

» All the Database files
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:19

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
TrueB
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 I_vote_lcapError message and help/support subforum - Page 6 I_voting_barError message and help/support subforum - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 
Fofyhead
Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 I_vote_lcapError message and help/support subforum - Page 6 I_voting_barError message and help/support subforum - Page 6 I_vote_rcap 
ataberk222
pchester
Statistics
We have 1750 registered users
The newest registered user is atst1

Our users have posted a total of 12545 messages in 1750 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Error message and help/support subforum

Go down 
+49
siriusnator
Maximus86
Strelok981
Hadrons
lv1234
TrueB
ooga_booga
KnightLyght Arthoryum.
Loner12
harry5518
kd6dm
Demawil
PhilH231
fantomas
TheDLord
UndeadDaiki
neworder455
Ikaruss
humdee
N0uba
CEASAR
Auftragsgriller
Alphabet Soup
ZeroGott
Iceddeadmeat
Warezz.K
Jakovsky
WhiteWolf
Bisque
Aleks1970
papanoel
TecnoBacon
Tolya
BadDragon
sjohnson
RazR
grayxy
patmartins
oxe222
NorryD
Rat Catcher
nemisis1842khann
_Nite_
aZmoDen
rusty_shackleford
Hipster Doofus
pchester
Sword2012
Steve90k
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
sjohnson
Master Veteran
Master Veteran

Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jun 2018 - 13:36

It will be fine on C, until it's not. Ask me how I know. I nearly gave up playing SS over the many, many issues that KEPT coming up. And, that's after throwing every IT trick I've learned in 30 years in the industry at it.

Please, for your enjoyment, find another place to install and follow the installation instructions for Windows 10 exactly.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 8 Jun 2018 - 14:48

sjohnson wrote:
It will be fine on C, until it's not.  Ask me how I know.  I nearly gave up playing SS over the many,  many issues that KEPT coming up.  And, that's after throwing every IT trick I've learned in 30 years in the industry at it.

Please, for your enjoyment, find another place to install and follow the installation instructions for Windows 10 exactly.

I fully agree with sjohnson. It's a 32 bit game within Windows 10, and with the way Windows tries to manage the C:\ drive they make bad neighbours. The game is huge, and that's before you get to Levels 1, 2 and 3. Ten levels are in the pipeline. Windows conflict errors will creep in cumulatively, and your game will just get worse

So you have several options

1. Install an additional SATA drive. It can even be an old 80Gb drive that you can pick up for next to nothing

2. Split your current hard drive into two partitions. If you use a program like Aomei Partition Assistant it will cost you nothing, and it's far better than the partiton manager built into Windows

3. Wait until the 64 bit version of the game comes out later this year cheers
Back to top Go down
Alphabet Soup
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 9 Jun 2018 - 15:01

Spoiler:

Well, I have currently installed SS into the C drive on Windows 10. So far, it is running fine, other than the ocassional load crash, but I will take the caution advised into consideration. I'm sure I will eventually run into more problems.

As for the suggested options..

1. This was an option I was lightly considering and due to the size of the additional gameplay for STALKER SOC alone, I suppose it would be worth it.

2. I only have a single C drive (900gb+ in space) and was wondering if you could do exactly this, thanks for informing me before I asked. This will be the first option I will proceed with.

3. I was not aware of this, could you tell me more? I'm not really "in the know" when it comes to GSC's releases and the modding community. I'm just a random that enjoys STALKER SOC and it's mods. Well, some of them.
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 9 Jun 2018 - 17:59

3: A few mods out there are working on a fully converted xr3da and DLLs to 64bit and more modern shader support.
I have already released the renderers in 64bit and am trying to release the new xr3da.exe in 64bit to fully take advantage of them.
I also am adding DX12/14 support and a new type of interactive play I call 'Live-Link' which will add browser support to the PDA along with multiplayer and command center style play.

Gamespy has been deactivated in my mod for a long time as well as several old functions that were security/hack risks such as the keylogger (replaced with 'on key' callback).

The game presently will use 4gig of ram and 6cores but there are still chances of memory crashes as the object array is restricted to 32bit. Work is in progress on the new 64bit all.spawn which then would allow an object array of 4mil.

Since the game is still evolving there are places that are known to crash still and most of them are cfg file errors which are vast and hard to catch but are being worked on.

Aleks1970 has been a super partner in the advancement of the game and the Dialog Improvement Team which has been an invaluable contribution have really pushed this game forward! I also want to thank Tzounakos9084 for his Extra Spawns which has greatly increased the alife in the Collector level up. AND Sword2012 for helping so much on the forum!
Back to top Go down
http://tecnobacon.com
Warezz.K
Novice
Warezz.K

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jun 2018 - 20:01

I think this mod is closed for me Sad Still getting intense crashes "[error][ 8] : Not enough storage is available to process this command." after dead and last load. I have enough ram or swap usage. Game start only once and keep crashing. I think Windows 10 for this game is very bad. Tried everything posted here before but sadly no solution. No luck. Bad luck.
Back to top Go down
https://www.warezzk.cz/
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jun 2018 - 23:10

Warezz.K wrote:
I think Windows 10 for this game is very bad. Tried everything posted here before but sadly no solution

Have you been successful in creating a new partition on your single drive, or been able to install an additional drive, before reinstalling the game to somewhere other than your C:\ drive?
Back to top Go down
Warezz.K
Novice
Warezz.K

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2018 - 7:28

Sword2012 wrote:
Warezz.K wrote:
I think Windows 10 for this game is very bad. Tried everything posted here before but sadly no solution

Have you been successful in creating a new partition on your single drive, or been able to install an additional drive, before reinstalling the game to somewhere other than your C:\ drive?

Game is installed D:/Games/Stalkersoup. I have only C (SSD system) and D (only data drive). Nothing more.

Edit: I think i found problem maybe. If i extract files from .*db and put to gamedata folder (only few edited files not all!) and edit something like ammo magazines count, trade prices and other small tweaks (for my personal reason i tried to make game harder) then i give it this errors. + also "error 87 the parameter is incorrect". Strange.

Edit 2: Nope. Works fine only 1 hour. Then if i die and last save, again error 87. f... this. Delete from HDD now.
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2018 - 18:06

you should have sent me a save and asked for my help. it sounds like you need to set the stalkersoup folder as run as administrator so that it does not do extended security checks on files as they load.
Back to top Go down
Warezz.K
Novice
Warezz.K

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2018 - 18:20

TecnoBacon wrote:
you should have sent me a save and asked for my help. it sounds like you need to set the stalkersoup folder as run as administrator so that it does not do extended security checks on files as they load.

I tried this before. I tried everything. Run as admin, set as admin, clean install many times, reseting registry etc. Nothing works. I have many mods and tried many mods and every works perfect but this..... I lost my nerves. But here are my last save [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] maybe you find something and thanks.
Back to top Go down
Auftragsgriller
Zombie

PostSubject: CTD when entering th waiting room   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2018 - 20:38

Hi guys, i have a problem when entering the waiting room from the techniques.
The game crashes every time.
I tried running as administrator, cleaning up my savegame folder, read through the whole game discussion forum and 20 pages of google Laughing , however i wasnt able to find someone with this problem.
The log says this:

log:

other Problems i encountered while playing collector:

Collectors notes in AW:

Collectors Note in NPP1:

Thank you all for your work, you are awesome!
Because of you i was able to finaly finish the AMK questline after like 10 years and relive some of my old memorys!
I hope, that you all have a great day!
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jun 2018 - 23:04

the waiting room crash was submitted and fixed but has not been released in an update yet, email me at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for a temporary fix
Back to top Go down
Warezz.K
Novice
Warezz.K

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jun 2018 - 20:12

Pfff... I tried start game again and only stand in the game then load last save, load last save ten times, works fine. But... if i die and click to last save i give crash with error parameter incorrect.. My god what the hell is this Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jun 2018 - 1:02

that is most likely the weather system as we were having an issue with transitioning from inside to outside levels not saving the dynamic weather values

try earlier saves and see if any of them load
Back to top Go down
Warezz.K
Novice
Warezz.K

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jun 2018 - 8:50

Well i think (hope so!) found finally my problem after many nerves and months. When load save game i must wait +-30sec (more are better) and then go to action. Then if i die last loading mostly works. If is saving between loading too quicky, game crashing. I use only hard save or saving from console. Today i continue playing and testing and if i confirm this issue maybe helps for other people here.

EDIT: Confirmed. My problem found. It is as i say. Now finally i can play without crashes
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jun 2018 - 2:50

I will see if I can prevent saves while the initial spawn and first update are complete but not sure why you would need to make a save at the same point as the autosave. if you get ambushed on spawn then just reload the autosave and be ready for it, would work the same. when playing what I like to do is escape to the menu and use alt-tab to get out of the game and then rename the autosave like 'autosave radar start scorcher' and then return to the game. this way I don't lose the last autosave when I change levels. one thing I should mention again here is that the engine can only list so many saves right now and when there are too many it will start crashing so archive saves often.
Back to top Go down
ZeroGott
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jun 2018 - 17:16

ZeroGott wrote:
Hello people,
i've got a major problem.
After my loading screen finishes my sound is gone and only a change to another sound device and back is fixing it for a moment. If i tab into the game again its gone again.
Disabling/enabling EAX doesnt change anything.

Using a Xonar DGX with UNi xonar drivers and Windows 8.1.
Stalkersoup running in DX9/11 doesnt make a difference.
My guess is thats a problem with openal.
Somebody maybe got a clue on how to fix this problem?

Still running into the same problem.
Back to top Go down
Iceddeadmeat
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jun 2018 - 18:15

Just a quick note. Running win 10 on a 64 bit quad core, 8 gigs ram. Finally got SS to run on 10, still a little laggy in spots but not bad. cheers
I dumped every bit of SS that I could find from my c drive. Took the exe. directly from the game in my D drive and put a copy on my desk top to boot the game from. Opened the game and so far it seems to be running fine! Yay cheers gotta have my SS fix!!
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Warezz.K
Novice
Warezz.K

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun 2018 - 19:56

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here i've got this random crashing today in the dark valley. Don't know what's wrong. I have visual c++ redist installed.
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun 2018 - 20:40

it might be because you are bypassing the launcher as it sets up the environment at launch. you may also have an old version of DX installed. also make sure that the manifest files exist in the bin folders and are not 0 in size.
Back to top Go down
Iceddeadmeat
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jun 2018 - 23:03

Microsoft vc80.crt.manifest (2kb)
Stlport.5.0.dll.manifest (1kb)
Also after last install I downloaded latest version and installed.
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jun 2018 - 18:17

if DX9 does not work then either the shader system is not getting the right registry value for the version or you have dynamic debug running in the background somehow from C compiler. I am not able to test it any further without being on your machine which obviously I can't...
Back to top Go down
Warezz.K
Novice
Warezz.K

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2018 - 22:27

When mark position from pda functions got this

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : g_uiSpotXml->NavigateToNode(path_base,0)
[error]Function : CMapLocation::LoadSpot
[error]File : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xr_3da\xrGame\map_location.cpp
[error]Line : 78
[error]Description : XML node not found in file map_spots.xml
[error]Arguments : mapspot_pda_habar

stack trace:
Back to top Go down
Aleks1970
Administrator Founder
Aleks1970

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jun 2018 - 22:56

Warezz.K wrote:
When mark position from pda functions got this

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression    : g_uiSpotXml->NavigateToNode(path_base,0)
[error]Function      : CMapLocation::LoadSpot
[error]File          : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xr_3da\xrGame\map_location.cpp
[error]Line          : 78
[error]Description   : XML node not found in file map_spots.xml
[error]Arguments     : mapspot_pda_habar

stack trace:
Thanks. Will be fixed in next micro patch.
Back to top Go down
https://stalkersoup.forumotion.com
CEASAR
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Jul 2018 - 23:07

XR_3DA.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files (x86)\R.G. Mechanics\STALKERSOUP\bin_DX11\XR_3DA.exe" at 0023:00000000

Getting this error whenever i try to enter Agroprom, cant move in story. Im losing my mind. It also crashes sometimes when i try to quickload, but thats minor problem.

Looking forward for your response and thanks in advice.

Stay Cheeki Breeki
Back to top Go down
kd6dm
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jul 2018 - 7:05

CEASAR wrote:
XR_3DA.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files (x86)\R.G. Mechanics\STALKERSOUP\bin_DX11\XR_3DA.exe" at 0023:00000000

Getting this error whenever i try to enter Agroprom, cant move in story. Im losing my mind. It also crashes sometimes when i try to quickload, but thats minor problem.

Looking forward for your response and thanks in advice.

Stay Cheeki Breeki

That's the bugtrap error message, and not of any diagnostic value. Look in \STALKERSOUP\_appdata_\logs for the log file, in the form of "xray_username.log". Is there a FATAL ERROR section at the end of the file? Please post everything under that. You can also send the log file and the autosave to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for TB to look at. But post the FATAL ERROR information here first in case a forum member might be able to help.

BTW, can you restart and load the autosave for agroprom? Many times the crash at level change can be successfully loaded. Garbage to other levels usually crashes for me, but will load the autosave. Good luck.

Master Veteran
Master Veteran
sjohnson

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jul 2018 - 7:08

Agree with kd6dm, I couldn't begin to count the number of times I've successfully loaded an autosave after a CTD.
Back to top Go down
CEASAR
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jul 2018 - 9:51

Nevermind, I managed to get in Agroprom, after 5 or 6 tries in row. Thanks for help anyway

XR_3DA.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files (x86)\R.G. Mechanics\STALKERSOUP\bin_DX11\xrCore.dll" at 0023:00F3000E

I got this just a minute ago when trading with trader from helicopter, looked in the file, there is no fatal error at the end of file. This is last information in both xray_username and xray_date and time of last crash :

- Critical: SMapLocation binded to non-existent object id=26008
stack trace:

0023:00F3000E xrCore.dll
Back to top Go down
kd6dm
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jul 2018 - 14:46

CEASAR wrote:
Nevermind, I managed to get in Agroprom, after 5 or 6 tries in row. Thanks for help anyway

XR_3DA.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files (x86)\R.G. Mechanics\STALKERSOUP\bin_DX11\xrCore.dll" at 0023:00F3000E

I just noticed that STALKERSOUP is installed in "Program Files (x86)". That is problematical for STALKERSOUP as Windows 10, and even Windows 7 have permission issues for programs installed to Program Files.

Follow Sword2012's excellent installation guide at
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for a working installation. Good luck.

Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jul 2018 - 14:47

so, uninstall and install again? And what about saves?

thanks for all the help
Back to top Go down
Aleks1970
Administrator Founder
Aleks1970

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jul 2018 - 15:18

CEASAR wrote:
so, uninstall and install again? And what about saves?

thanks for all the help

You can reuse your _appdata_ folder.
Reinstall StalkerSoup and move your old _appdata_ folder with the saves into new install location...
Back to top Go down
https://stalkersoup.forumotion.com
sjohnson
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
sjohnson

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2018 - 22:32

I'm in Cordon, rookie village
Spoiler:
Again, something is missing.  Similar to me earlier not getting the isomorphic detector after Max saying he's giving it to me, the game is not following the dialogs and actions as far as I can tell.  Probably an ID 10 T issue that is right in front of me, but I simply can't see what to do.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul 2018 - 22:59

sjohnson wrote:
I'm in Cordon, rookie village
Spoiler:
Again, something is missing.  Similar to me earlier not getting the isomorphic detector after Max saying he's giving it to me, the game is not following the dialogs and actions as far as I can tell.  Probably an ID 10 T issue that is right in front of me, but I simply can't see what to do.

You have to
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
sjohnson

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jul 2018 - 4:47

As to the picture label, it is "шухер" which translates to "shoer" or "Nix" per google translate, so the naming is right.

Nix disappears as soon as the shot is taken.  He doesn't appear to come back to the rookie village after 8 hours in-game time and an immediate search of Cordon for him after taking the photo is fruitless.  No body can be found of he or any other NPC.

Looking for an info portion now, this is a silly chase.  At least Nix shows up at the camp, something he did not do in my first 3-4 plays of this sub-mission.

(ETA)
Spoiler:
My game keeps changing but still cannot finish this subtask, having played 3 different minor variations on the sub-task(but still not the "right" variation).  Still looking for the pertinent info portion...
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jul 2018 - 10:28

sjohnson wrote:
As to the picture label, it is "шухер" which translates to "shoer" or "Nix" per google translate, so the naming is right.

Nix disappears as soon as the shot is taken.  He doesn't appear to come back to the rookie village after 8 hours in-game time and an immediate search of Cordon for him after taking the photo is fruitless.  No body can be found of he or any other NPC.

Looking for an info portion now, this is a silly chase.  At least Nix shows up at the camp, something he did not do in my first 3-4 plays of this sub-mission.

(ETA)
Spoiler:
My game keeps changing but still cannot finish this subtask, having played 3 different minor variations on the sub-task(but still not the "right" variation).  Still looking for the pertinent info portion...

I ignore Nix before taking the photo (I'm not supposed to know it is him yet) and just rely on my binoculars and the camera. I climb up to the corner of the roof of the building indicated in the photo, then I line up my binoculars on the yellow hit-box (wait for it to settle at the fire if it is moving), then swap to the camera. I make sure the target reticule is still yellow, and this should give the "camera ready" message.

If for some reason it still won't work, I think you can trigger the next dialogue with Panther's Father with info portion shuher_dialog_start.
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
sjohnson

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jul 2018 - 14:35

Either I

a) have no NPC murderer of whom I may take a picture

or

b) have a murderer, invisible, yellow box NPC of whom I may take a picture, but disappears after the shot

or

c) have a murderer, visible, green box NPC named Nix but no picture can be taken of him, and no yellow box is present anywhere I can find in the rookie village.

I've completed this sub-task several times over the past year or so, the game has never taunted me like this, before.  The only tweak left to me is a complete game re-install AFAIK.

Afraid I'll need to use that info portion and see where it goes.  "shuher", huh?  I would not have thought of that spelling of shoer.  Thanks, again!

(ETA)shuher_dialog_start did not advance the game. Drat!
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jul 2018 - 21:51

Well, of these, (b) looks most promising. You photograph the yellow box, the box disappears, you talk to Nix at the camp fire (if necessary after resurrecting him), then talk to Panther's Father. I have never known Nix to disappear altogether.

Again, I'm not sure why the info portion didn't work for you. I just tested it by taking the photo, ignoring Nix, giving myself the info portion and going straight to Panther's Father. He then had the dialogue to continue.

Other than reloading an earlier save and trying again, I can't think what else to suggest. If you want to send me an earlier save game, I can play it through and see if it works in my game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Error message and help/support subforum   Error message and help/support subforum - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Error message and help/support subforum
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next