StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» A walk through StalkerSoup...
Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeby Jowien Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 2:08

» Yakut does not give a dialog pt.2
Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeby SPEC Sat 13 Apr 2024 - 15:32

» Is StalkerSoup completed?
Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:05

» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:03

» Sakharov wont talk to me
Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 19:37

» All the Database files
Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:19

» What to do after Fly's rescue?
Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeby TrueB Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 11:28

» Game crashes while on load screens
Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 22:26

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user
Statistics
We have 1749 registered users
The newest registered user is digitalaxon

Our users have posted a total of 12536 messages in 1748 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...

Go down 
+28
Sword2012
Fofyhead
ze4400
Dirmagnos
Aleks1970
TrueB
CPTJack
Ikaruss
WhiteWolf
Vadrigos
cullinaire
takethemonolithpill
bobrar
Erpy
Killing_One
Shadow758
td3005
Wombat_70
zone
jak2921
Sgtanarchy
liquidflorian
nemisis1842khann
Sagari12
Reaper1510
sjohnson
Vi_severance
meinkaiser
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Sword2012
Administrator

Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2020 - 13:13

If you're into random stashes, talking with most NPCs while sharing a bottle with them will often result in gaining a stash coordinate that they've not been able to check out...

Dirmagnos likes this post

Back to top Go down
Dirmagnos
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2020 - 14:22

Quote :

There is a setting for stashes in the game's Advanced Options on the main menu, to select between "Classic Game Mode", "Random Contents" and "Randomly Occurring". It is a while since I played with these, but I don't remember there being a noticeable difference in what I found.
Is there description somewhere as what exactly is the difference between those sittings ?
Quote :

If you're into random stashes, talking with most NPCs while sharing a bottle with them will often result in gaining a stash coordinate that they've not been able to check out...
Yes, i noticed that leveling Alcoholism skill is helpful in that regard.

Another question: is there any way to scale UI/text ? Everything is soooo tiny in 2k.
Also, is there any usage for Guitars ?
Is there shortcut for "Take All" ?
Would it be possible, in theory, to create an artifact that would slowly repair player items, one at the time, selected at random, but have severe negative side-effects to compensate ?
There dont happen to be an option for auto-unloading of all picked up weapons ?
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2020 - 22:20

Dirmagnos wrote:
Another question:

is there any way to scale UI/text ? Everything is soooo tiny in 2k.
Not that I know of, but possibly someone else may know of a setting somewhere...

Players can't play guitars or other instruments, we can only trade them. (Some NPCs "play" very well, and are worth listening to for a few minutes respite...)

If you mean for items on the ground, then I am afraid not. There is a "Take all" button on stashes and NPC/mutant bodies.

Would it be possible, in theory, to create an artifact that would slowly repair player items, one at the time, selected at random, but have severe negative side-effects to compensate ?
I am sure it would be possible, but the dev team are currently focused on finishing the game. Perhaps when everything else is done they will have time to look at other possible additions.

There dont happen to be an option for auto-unloading of all picked up weapons?
Sorry, no, only stacked weapons can be unloaded in one go.

Back to top Go down
Dirmagnos
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon 24 Aug 2020 - 23:37

Quote :

If you mean for items on the ground, then I am afraid not. There is a "Take all" button on stashes and NPC/mutant bodies.
I meant as keybind.
Im a bit spoiled by those games where you can just loot everything and close loot window with just one click.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2020 - 0:35

Dirmagnos wrote:
Im a bit spoiled by those games where you can just loot everything and close loot window with just one click.

You have to remember that StalkerSoup is based on the 32-bit Shadow of Chernobyl game engine from 2007. TecnoBacon has pushed the X-ray engine about as far as it can be pushed. He is now developing a 64-bit engine for StalkerSoup, which will open the way to many game improvements over what we have now.

ze4400 and Dirmagnos like this post

Back to top Go down
Dirmagnos
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 25 Aug 2020 - 14:16

What does respawn in game ? To some degree it seems that mobs respawn, but do artifacts do ? I dont mean same artifacts, just random ones across each zone ? If i found every artifact in Dump, for example, if i were to return to area later at some point, will i find something new ?

Is there any way to adjust opacity of minimap ? Cant see anything on it for most of the time.

IS there an option to bind items ? Like classical CTRL+1, etc.
Select gun, press CTRL+1 and if player presses 1 it equips this weapon in appropriate slot.

Are there some special requirements with Sidorovich and repair kits ? I have Gravi and i have several Stone Flowers, but only option i get is "Ive changed my mind". Other exchange options work just fine, got some liquid courage and some med kits without problems.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2020 - 2:01

Dirmagnos wrote:
If i found every artifact in Dump, for example, if i were to return to area later at some point, will i find something new ?

Yes. As long as there are anomalies, there'll be artefacts...

Is there any way to adjust opacity of minimap ? Cant see anything on it for most of the time

Not specifically for the minimap. You'll probably need to play with your graphics settings, as this is not a common issue

IS there an option to bind items ? Like classical CTRL+1, etc.
Select gun, press CTRL+1 and if player presses 1 it equips this weapon in appropriate slot

All keybinding (Primary and Secondary) is set up in the main Options menu. But single keys only - not combos. If you want to equip a weapon, just double-click on it and it will mount automatically in its appropriate slot

NOTE: You can't equip rifles in your handgun slot, and vice versa

Are there some special requirements with Sidorovich and repair kits ? I have Gravi and i have several Stone Flowers, but only option i get is "Ive changed my mind".

As I understand it, you can't use the kits of spare parts without having the toolbox to go with them. Once you have that, you'll be able to obtain the kits

Back to top Go down
Dirmagnos
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed 26 Aug 2020 - 14:06

Is there any solution to broken quests ? Aside of trashing them thru ESC+S ?
I have like half of them that i cant complete. Aside of Mole PDF one(agr_krot_PDA_done) i cant do two for Fox(10 medkits and parcel from Prapor), as he has no dialogue options to turn them in and there were few others.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2020 - 11:01

Some quests can be forced to end by using the correct info portion... if you can identify it... but always remember that using the wrong info portion can cause you far more problems than you started with! Ending a task this way means that you don't get the reward.

Side missions are mostly stand-alone (asked to something, do it, get reward) so a failure in one shouldn't affect other tasks that are not related. Mole's PDA mission is one of a small number of long-known-about game issues that will no doubt be fixed eventually... for now we just have to live with it.

Most other tasks should complete correctly; if they don't, from my own experience it is usually because I have forgotten to do something or done something in the wrong order. (Or I have been lazy and tried a 'shortcut' that didn't work as expected! Rolling Eyes ) Occasionally tasks do fail because of a glitch in the game, but in my experience that is rare these days.

Fox's missions should work, but you have to
Spoiler:

You can hand these tasks in separately... but if you aren't getting the final dialogue line, make sure you are still carrying all the items that he wants.

Back to top Go down
Dirmagnos
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2020 - 14:11

I have 30+ orange medkits and "parcel", as i understand, is M4 Benelli Super 90, really nice shotgun, have been using it extensively. Does shotgun has to be in perfect condition ?
Fox has only standard stalker lines. "how you doing..." and "Goodbye my friend..."
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Stuck in the Gameplay stalker? Let's have a little chat   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2020 - 17:23

Dirmagnos wrote:
Quote :

There is a setting for stashes in the game's Advanced Options on the main menu, to select between "Classic Game Mode", "Random Contents" and "Randomly Occurring". It is a while since I played with these, but I don't remember there being a noticeable difference in what I found.
Is there description somewhere as what exactly is the difference between those sittings ?
Quote :

Yes, i noticed that leveling Alcoholism skill is helpful in that regard.

Another question: is there any way to scale UI/text ? Everything is soooo tiny in 2k.
There dont happen to be an option for auto-unloading of all picked up weapons ?

Hi Dirmagnos,
You could go to Tecnobacon's website and click on his email address to send these interesting suggestions to him. TB keeps a copy of suggestions and he will incorporate them if he likes them, when he and TeamTB have time. There is likely a mod for playing instruments as I have seen them played in a basic way in a STALKER mod though I cannot recall which one.
I particularly like the auto-unloading idea. Sometimes you may not want firearms but just the ammo in them, so eg if a dead NPC is raided, if the TB3D Modders.Script allowed for MO being able to click on any or all of the NPC's firearms to auto-unload but straight into MO's backpack it would be very helpful and economic with players' time imo. Regards, TrueB.

Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 27 Aug 2020 - 18:10

Dirmagnos wrote:
I have 30+ orange medkits and "parcel", as i understand, is M4 Benelli Super 90, really nice shotgun, have been using it extensively. Does shotgun has to be in perfect condition ?
Fox has only standard stalker lines. "how you doing..." and "Goodbye my friend..."

Yes, the shotgun needs to be in perfect condition!

How would you feel if you'd asked someone to get you something that was supposed to be new, and on which your life depended, and then found out they'd been playing with it and wearing it out along the way? Evil or Very Mad

Better get it fixed up before you earn a reputation for lack of due respect... Wink

Back to top Go down
Dirmagnos
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 28 Aug 2020 - 13:54

Quote :

I particularly like the auto-unloading idea. Sometimes you may not want firearms but just the ammo in them, so eg if a dead NPC is raided, if the TB3D Modders.Script allowed for MO being able to click on any or all of the NPC's firearms to auto-unload but straight into MO's backpack it would be very helpful and economic with players' time imo.
Im a hoarder by nature in games. "Reappropriate" everything that is not nailed down. And then get a claw hammer...
So, as result, after one good fight i may find myself with a lot of guns. Plus, amount of ammo that is squired from unloading guns far exceeds amount of ammo that player finds on dead npcs. Unloading them all, one by one, is extremely tedious. Not to mention that after every unload inventory resets and have to scroll down again, if there is several rows of junk.
Quote :

How would you feel if you'd asked someone to get you something that was supposed to be new, and on which your life depended, and then found out they'd been playing with it and wearing it out along the way? Evil or Very Mad
Well, first of all
Spoiler:
i would be totally ok with that. And second, it was never implied in what condition package was supposed to be delivered in.
I find it extremely triggering, making such demands, considering in what condition world is in. Children are starving, you know.
Quote :

Better get it fixed up before you earn a reputation for lack of due respect...
Its not even damaged. I just used it a bit...some...extensively, but took good care of it. Durability bar is full.
Back to top Go down
Aleks1970
Administrator Founder
Aleks1970

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 1 Sep 2020 - 4:20

Dirmagnos wrote:
I will need your save to check out this problem...

Back to top Go down
https://stalkersoup.forumotion.com
Dirmagnos
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Sep 2020 - 22:10

*facepalm*
Was away for a few days. Started playing, like an hour in and now whenever i try to open any menu, like inventory or conversation or map, it instantly auto-closes.
Gonna try an older save, luckily it started just now, maybe its something recent.
Quote :

Where to send it ? Or just upload it somewhere ?
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat 5 Sep 2020 - 23:10

Dirmagnos wrote:
*facepalm*
Was away for a few days. Started playing, like an hour in and now whenever i try to open any menu, like inventory or conversation or map, it instantly auto-closes.
Gonna try an older save, luckily it started just now, maybe its something recent.
Quote :

Please send your save game to aleks at adoler(at)gmail.com.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Stuck in the game stalker? Let's have a little chat   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 8 Sep 2020 - 10:56

Previous posts:
Hi, when you rescue the NPC from the Bandits on your first entry to Garbage, he asks you to get his firearm. It is usually damaged. There is a setting in TB3D Modders.Script to either have guns accepted or not by NPCs if damaged. There is a outfit later in the game that MO says he will hang on to it even though it is a similar fetch issue as with Fox. So it should not matter depending on your settings. On the otherhand MO's reputation among Factions is dependent on how he treats them. The simplest way is to look at your reputation, save when collecting the gun, use it as per your needs snd hand it to Fox; look at your reputation after a hsrd save and if it is down you know not to use Fox's gun. If unaltered then its okay. My MO has tried out Fox's gun without his reputation changing from excellent.
In the script there are lots of things that can be changed tobtailor the game to your preferences. But it is imo better to make a copy of the script elsewhere in case setting changes affect gameplay, then you can revert to the original or a copied version that worked for you. Scripts are linked to updates though.

Back to top Go down
ze4400
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2020 - 10:44

Hi Pchester! Been playing SS for a long time and i love it. This is my first post. I've had problems with quests and such but usually tried harder in the future and accomplished them. One at them moment is Fangs map that I had to get a copy of. I've gotten it (Fangs map) before on the floor in the Recon cave and I'm sure I gave it to Fang when i talked to him but its the COPY of Fangs map that I can't locate. Its not in my inventory or stashes because im sure its a non drop or non transferable item. Any idea where i can look or have missed? One other question is the portals in RECON before talking to Pilgrim in the secret caves. How do you turn them off? I know im passed this section in the quest because i couldn't figure it out so i ended up removing TELEPORT from the map lol. Sucks i know but maybe next time i can do it without deleting level objects. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2020 - 17:55

ze4400 wrote:
Hi Pchester! Been playing SS for a long time and i love it. This is my first post.

Hi ze4400, and welcome. Glad to hear you are enjoying the game.

ze4400 wrote:
I've had problems with quests and such but usually tried harder in the future and accomplished them.
One at them moment is Fangs map that I had to get a copy of. I've gotten it (Fangs map) before on the floor in the Recon cave and I'm sure I gave it to Fang when i talked to him but its the COPY of Fangs map that I can't locate. Its not in my inventory or stashes because im sure its a non drop or non transferable item. Any idea where i can look or have missed?

You should have received both
Spoiler:

ze4400 wrote:
One other question is the portals in RECON before talking to Pilgrim in the secret caves. How do you turn them off? I know im passed this section in the quest because i couldn't figure it out so i ended up removing TELEPORT from the map lol. Sucks i know but maybe next time i can do it without deleting level objects. Thanks!

When you first talk to Pilgrim, he is
Spoiler:

Aleks1970 and ze4400 like this post

Back to top Go down
Aleks1970
Administrator Founder
Aleks1970

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu 10 Sep 2020 - 23:28

Dirmagnos wrote:
*facepalm*
I'm sure that you are now in game progress when the pda goes to be broken by the normal game design.
You should go to the mechanic in bar...

Dirmagnos wrote:

You can send me a save on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or you could upload it somewhere and pass me a link to the save.
Back to top Go down
https://stalkersoup.forumotion.com
Dirmagnos
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2020 - 2:23

You ppl are evil, i thought that game broke when i couldtn interact with NPCs or open PDA. But apparently its a quest, an expensive one at that.
There is serious drought of vodka in this game. Almost everything requires it, but it is hard to come by. There are other variations of vodka, aside of Cossacks, but when it comes to quests it seems that only latter one counts. And traders seems to sell mostly non-Cossacks brands.
Problem with quests like one with Mole, first one, when entering Agroprom, seem to be that they break if player reloads game somewhere after entering area and before meeting Mole. But i go thru whole thing in one go, then its fine. So if were to enter Agroprom, then reload after dying in firefight, from example,and then approach Mole, he will have nothing but default lines for me.
It is funny how many mercs seem to speak German, but have Slavic names.
Quote :

You can send me a save on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or you could upload it somewhere and pass me a link to the save.
I need to get to Fox again and he has moved on to swamp. Il make a save and send it when i try him again.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2020 - 2:49

Dirmagnos wrote:
You ppl are evil...

Why, thank you...  Embarassed

Quote :
funny how many mercs seem to speak German, but have Slavic names...

Yeah. That's one of the problems in being a Merc. It's easy to disguise your identity when infiltrating a country. But when your body armor's filling up with bullets, and your combat pants with sh*t, trying to disguise your accent is quite a significant challenge...

Back to top Go down
Dirmagnos
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2020 - 3:35

Yantar, escorting Kruglov, of course i die, reload and now Kruglov is bugged hugging the door to bunker. *sigh*
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2020 - 9:58

I don't think you dying is the problem... unfortunately Kruglov doesn't seem to be very smart for a scientist. Personally I think his brain may have become addled by being out observing too many emissions. Or perhaps he is just your typical "absent-minded professor". Not content with forgetting what he is supposed to do next in Wild Territory, He often gets confused by the Yantar bunker door and tries to walk through it without waiting for it to open. Nowadays I usually run ahead and stand next to it so it is open when he arrives. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
Dirmagnos
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 11 Sep 2020 - 12:53

Quote :

I don't think you dying is the problem... unfortunately Kruglov doesn't seem to be very smart for a scientist.
Its not the first time i have noticing that reloading breaks script. NPCs bug out and sometimes reloading helps to "restart" their brains, but usually its the other way around. They seem to reset to either beginning of the script(aka going back where they started and do everything from beginning) or to NPC neutral stance, where they lack any specific dialogue options. Like Mole.
Quote :

He often gets confused by the Yantar bunker door and tries to walk through it without waiting for it to open.
Yes, this. But door cant open because he is standing against it.
We were at the drainage pipe when i died, i reloaded and he just tuned around and went back to bunker and got stuck hugging the door. And since door cant open when somebody is standing against it, its a standstill.
Back to top Go down
ze4400
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Sep 2020 - 8:19

Thanks pchester I ended up spawning the item with escS. Have no idea what happened. And now another problem has come up just today. I'm at the Hospital with the active mission and doctor or dad is asking me to come up. I see the orb teleport at the bottom. I go in it and Im on the floor they are on but just need to go to the other side of the building. There's nothing down the hallway and going over the mound of dirt that is above the cave and stairwell but it don't let me go to the hallways that are just there next to the mound. Are the invisible barriers there on purpose? I can't seem to jump across either. Im super suck here.
Back to top Go down
ze4400
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Sep 2020 - 8:27

Oh by the way broken pda and zipper where one of many favorite parts of the game. It had me astounded on the level of detailed in "compromisable" menus/inventory with scripted code. It had me on edge with the chimeras in cordon with the weapons i coulden change. lol
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Sep 2020 - 10:15

ze4400 wrote:
And now another problem has come up just today. I'm at the Hospital with the active mission and doctor or dad is asking me to come up. I see the orb teleport at the bottom. I go in it and Im on the floor they are on but just need to go to the other side of the building. There's nothing down the hallway and going over the mound of dirt that is above the cave and stairwell but it don't let me go to the hallways that are just there next to the mound. Are the invisible barriers there on purpose? I can't seem to jump across either. Im super suck here.

There should be another 'sphere' teleport in the alcove at the far end of the first corridor, at the opposite end to the Black Doctor. This teleport takes you across to the corridor on the other side of the room. Follow that corridor to reach the Black Doctor.

The Black Doctor has enemies who have already tried to kill him, so he has installed a defensive line of invisible one-way barriers all around the edge of the upper corridors. You can pass through these barriers to return pto the main floor, but once on the "room" side you can't get back. If you pass through accidentally, you will have to descend to the floor level and use the first teleport again.

ze4400 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fofyhead
Novice

PostSubject: Ghost research PDA   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Sep 2020 - 18:34

Spoiler:

How to put spoiler alerts in these posts? Sorry I don't know how to do it.

Edit: I think I got it hehe

Last edited by Fofyhead on Sun 13 Sep 2020 - 22:32; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Sep 2020 - 20:16

Fofyhead wrote:

Hi Fofyhead. You'll find the information here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Fofyhead likes this post

Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Sep 2020 - 21:18

Fofyhead wrote:
Sakharov ask me to find research pda of Vasiliev and Ghost. I have Vasiliev one but I cannot find Ghost research. I search in the forum and some user found it in Agroprom? Where is it or can it be? I don't want to spawn it I hope is somewhere.

Sakharov wants you to find the
Spoiler:
The item in Agroprom belongs to Ghost but it is not his PDA. You will be asked to find that item a bit later on.

Fofyhead likes this post

Back to top Go down
ze4400
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2020 - 8:42

Hey pchester! I acknowledged and did what you told me about a teleport at the end of the first corridor but nothings there. I'm sure you are right and something must have happened that isnt triggering it to spawn just like the first one at the bottom just as soon as Father and Doctor invite you to go up to meet them. I never removed or made any changes on that map with the tools in the menu. This time for sure i can't progress in that quest. Any idea?
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Sep 2020 - 15:29

Sorry ze4400, I have never known that teleport to be missing, but there have been occasions in recent patches where people have reported that other teleports have disappeared mid-game. Unfortunately I don't know of any way to force a missing teleport to appear.

Please send your save game to Aleks so he can take a look at it, and hopefully he will be able to identify the problem. If you would like me to, you can also send me your game and I will see if I can play it past that point. I will PM you with our email addresses.

ze4400 likes this post

Back to top Go down
ze4400
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Sep 2020 - 21:12

pchester wrote:
Sorry ze4400, I have never known that teleport to be missing, but there have been occasions in recent patches where people have reported that other teleports have disappeared mid-game. Unfortunately I don't know of any way to force a missing teleport to appear.

Please send your save game to Aleks so he can take a look at it, and hopefully he will be able to identify the problem. If you would like me to, you can also send me your game and I will see if I can play it past that point. I will PM you with our email addresses.

Thanks Pchester for your continuous help. Did some back tracking and managed to continue with the quest, Copy of Heart, finding Fly, Boatswin and all. Now I feel like im taking advantage of your help. lol ATM I have found the Black box/Brown ball from the helicopter in NPPNORTH and now trying to get up that stack with the other helicopter hanging from it. Do i need to go back and give the blackbox to Voronin first to allow me to go up the stack? The latter's seem to bee decorative and not functional. Portals all around just end up to another map or in the sarcophagus. I do remember playing a version of stalker, can't tell which one, where i was at the top of the crane next to the stack but not sure if thats true. There is a electro anomaly up there but just cant seem to find a way to get there. Your help is truly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Sep 2020 - 22:58

No problem ze4400, we are all happy to help out if we can... scratch  

No need to return to Voronin yet. If you know about the third helicopter, you must have
Spoiler:

There is a walkthrough available if you need it, but obviously it is full of spoilers... study  affraid
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

ze4400 likes this post

Back to top Go down
ze4400
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue 22 Sep 2020 - 23:39

Thanks Pchester! I did jump down to and obtained the goodies from the box that had the photo. I just never jumped off of the blades. I was thinking that was too high and jumped off of the railing. A trigger event just missed. I'll go back and walk the plank. Thanks P!

EDIT: Ok I did all what was requested from the game. I got everything that was needed to go to Hospital and continue the quest. This time it seemed to go well with Panther, prerequisite artifacts combining for the quest, generators quests(psp console, transmitters, truce between the factions, and starting the 3rdGen). Also the whole deal with Astrologer and Fang Shocked .  But still stuck with the portal in the corridor at Hospital. Can i send you my save file again?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...   Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat... - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next