StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» A walk through StalkerSoup...
STALKERSOUP in German Icon_minitimeby Jowien Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 2:08

» Yakut does not give a dialog pt.2
STALKERSOUP in German Icon_minitimeby SPEC Sat 13 Apr 2024 - 15:32

» Is StalkerSoup completed?
STALKERSOUP in German Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:05

» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
STALKERSOUP in German Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:03

» Sakharov wont talk to me
STALKERSOUP in German Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 19:37

» All the Database files
STALKERSOUP in German Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:19

» What to do after Fly's rescue?
STALKERSOUP in German Icon_minitimeby TrueB Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 11:28

» Game crashes while on load screens
STALKERSOUP in German Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 22:26

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user
Statistics
We have 1749 registered users
The newest registered user is digitalaxon

Our users have posted a total of 12536 messages in 1748 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

Jowien

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

STALKERSOUP in German

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zonecamper
Zombie

STALKERSOUP in German Empty
PostSubject: STALKERSOUP in German   STALKERSOUP in German Icon_minitimeFri 24 Jun 2022 - 12:59

Hello German S.T.A.L.K.E.R.s,

I have translated the .xml files (eng folder) into German with a document translater. But these still aren´t suitable to play the game in German.

I´ll start with a file workaround. When someone have desire and mood to participate may like to do that.

Here´s the link for the files:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: STALKERSOUP in German    STALKERSOUP in German Icon_minitimeSat 25 Jun 2022 - 0:47

Zonecamper wrote:
Hello German S.T.A.L.K.E.R.s,

I have translated the .xml files (eng folder) into German with a document translater. But these still aren´t suitable to play the game in German.

I´ll start with a file workaround. When someone have desire and mood to participate may like to do that.

Here´s the link for the files:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hi Zonecamper, it will help if you contact the Dialogue Improvement Team as under their help, the game text has been applied to other languages. It also will help you find out if German translation is already being done and to work from their English text makes for continuity. Stalkersoup is always welcoming to helpers. Regards TrueB

Last edited by TrueB on Sat 25 Jun 2022 - 1:03; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Extra and errors)

Zonecamper likes this post

Back to top Go down
Zonecamper
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: STALKERSOUP in German   STALKERSOUP in German Icon_minitimeSun 26 Jun 2022 - 7:05

Hi TrueB,

I have asked and so far no translation of the STALKERSOUP into German is in progress. Well, I thought I'd start with that myself.

Some .xml files are already ready, but the whole thing will take some time. I'll contact the Dialogue Improvement Team in due course, thanks for the tip 👍

Regards Zonecamper
Back to top Go down
Amad8078.
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: STALKERSOUP in German   STALKERSOUP in German Icon_minitimeMon 6 Nov 2023 - 14:01

Maybe create a group in discord and share with a group link to share info and send a link to the patch?
Back to top Go down
Zonecamper
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: STALKERSOUP in German   STALKERSOUP in German Icon_minitimeThu 9 Nov 2023 - 15:21

@[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have completed nine .xml files so far. Of course not everything has to be right, I wanted to start with that. It's just stalled a bit due to time problems. The Discord thing would be a good idea, let's see...
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: STALKERSOUP in German   STALKERSOUP in German Icon_minitimeSun 26 Nov 2023 - 0:46

Zonecamper wrote:
@[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I have completed nine .xml files so far. Of course not everything has to be right, I wanted to start with that. It's just stalled a bit due to time problems. The Discord thing would be a good idea, let's see...

Hi Zonecamper

May I suggest that you start with the smaller files to get the hang of them, and only work with .xml files that state 'Completed' in the editor's notes at the top of each page

Avoid machine-translation if you can, as you can easily lose context. The files in their current English form have been painstakingly re-written from the machine-translation of the original Russian

However, some of the dialogue files have not yet had a full first draft, and the majority of the files containing dialogue are currently undergoing a second draft to complement the evolving storyline as the game approaches completion

The weapon files require a lot more work in terms of descriptions, and ideally need the help of someone with real-life experience of guns and knives. Fortunately, we've already got bows covered   Wink

Please feel free to contact me privately about any of the text files, especially if you've modified a file and now your game won't boot up...   No

And if anyone is prepared to help rewrite the weapons files, please contact me. Military experience would be a major advantage, although simply being a gun/knife enthusiast would do...   Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STALKERSOUP in German   STALKERSOUP in German Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

STALKERSOUP in German
Page 1 of 1