StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Tue 26 Mar 2024 - 20:44

» Sakharov wont talk to me
StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 19:37

» All the Database files
StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:19

» What to do after Fly's rescue?
StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeby TrueB Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 11:28

» Game crashes while on load screens
StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 22:26

» Yakut does not give a dialog
StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeby SPEC Fri 8 Mar 2024 - 14:26

» For @everyone
StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeby Aleks1970 Sat 24 Feb 2024 - 0:31

» StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11
StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeby Aleks1970 Fri 23 Feb 2024 - 23:57

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
DUCATISLO
StalkerSoup installation problems... I_vote_lcapStalkerSoup installation problems... I_voting_barStalkerSoup installation problems... I_vote_rcap 
Statistics
We have 1743 registered users
The newest registered user is Tarin

Our users have posted a total of 12527 messages in 1747 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

StalkerSoup installation problems...

Go down 
+16
WhiteWolf
havran12
sjohnson
kaplumbaga
DragonMaster
pchester
Rat Catcher
TecnoBacon
rusty_shackleford
TrueB
KnightLyght Arthoryum.
kd6dm
EridanusAlpha
bisousbisous
Aleks1970
Sword2012
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bisousbisous
Novice
bisousbisous

StalkerSoup installation problems... Empty
PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jun 2017 - 8:02

I downloaded the installer off of ModDB and tried an install, but I get this error message whenever I try to launch the game.
StalkerSoup installation problems... Untitl10
I've had problems with ModDB not downloading everything in a file before so I did an uninstall and redownload, but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
EridanusAlpha
Novice

PostSubject: StalkerSoup installation   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jun 2017 - 9:13

I also downloaded the installer from ModDB and have a similar error message. I have tried redownloading, installing to different directories, setting admin rights, updating before starting etc.

My computer is running Windows 10 (16GB RAM, Intel i-7 4.2GHz, Windows 10 Home, 64 bit).

I played stalkersoup back when it was still a mega-mod and I really enjoyed it, so I really hope I can get this to work!

Thanks for any help!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Aleks1970
Administrator Founder
Aleks1970

PostSubject: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jun 2017 - 13:43

Theme for problems with installing StalkerSoup game...
Back to top Go down
https://stalkersoup.forumotion.com
Aleks1970
Administrator Founder
Aleks1970

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jun 2017 - 14:56

Aleks1970 wrote:
Theme for problems with installing StalkerSoup game...

bisousbisous wrote:
I downloaded the installer off of ModDB and tried an install, but I get this error message whenever I try to launch the game.
Spoiler:
I've had problems with ModDB not downloading everything in a file before so I did an uninstall and redownload, but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EridanusAlpha wrote:
I also downloaded the installer from ModDB and have a similar error message. I have tried redownloading, installing to different directories, setting admin rights, updating before starting etc.

My computer is running Windows 10 (16GB RAM, Intel i-7 4.2GHz, Windows 10 Home, 64 bit).

I played stalkersoup back when it was still a mega-mod and I really enjoyed it, so I really hope I can get this to work!

Thanks for any help!

Spoiler:

Answer:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
you both have the same problems with the game.
The game itself have no access to the system components like the EAX modul (for sound) and the others. Please try to install StalkerSoup on the other drive and not on the system drive and if this is not possible, then just install on the drive C:\  root section:
C:\STALKERSOUP\
using this option: Install as Administrator
- this is mandatory!
Back to top Go down
EridanusAlpha
Novice

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jun 2017 - 15:17

Hi Aleks1970,

Ok, I will try your suggestions tonight - thank you for your help!

EridanusAlpha

Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jun 2017 - 15:32

To reiterate what's already stated in the 'Installation Help' PDF, do NOT install the game to C:\Program Files

Install it to your Games drive (which should not be inside C:\Program Files!)

This is even more important if you have Windows 10, in which case the game should NOT be installed to your C:\ drive at all...!
Back to top Go down
EridanusAlpha
Novice

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jun 2017 - 15:35

Yea, I originally installed to a second HDD, but I got the same error message.

Then I tried installing to the C: drive just to see what would happen, but it didn't work either.

I didn't try installing it outside Program Files though.

What happens if you have Windows 10 and you only have a C: drive?
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jun 2017 - 16:21

Because of the way Windows 10 manages its files, you'll probably have problems with the game. You need to get the game away from your system drive (or partition)

If you have a single large drive, partitioned only as a C:\ drive, then you could repartition it into a C:\ drive and a D:\ drive, allowing maybe 250Gb for the C:\ drive for Windows and programs, and the D:\ drive for data and games

This is a much more efficient method of data management anyway, the equivalent of having a huge office space that would be better off having walls installed to create individual private and quieter offices instead...

If you need more advice on this, I'd need to know more about your hard drive, please. What's its capacity, and is it a HDD or an SSD?
Back to top Go down
bisousbisous
Novice
bisousbisous

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jun 2017 - 18:52

Partitioned my harddrive into a new volume, installed STALKERSOUP, same problem and same access violation.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jun 2017 - 19:10

bisousbisous wrote:
Partitioned my harddrive into a new volume, installed STALKERSOUP, same problem and same access violation.
How many partitions do you now have, please?

Which partition is Windows on?

Onto which partition are you trying to install the game?

Have you followed the instructions in the Installation Help guide to the letter?

At what point in the Help guide do you get a problem?

Would you please post send a screenshot of the error?

Thanks. The answers to all these questions will help us to help you Smile
Back to top Go down
kd6dm
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jun 2017 - 19:38

I don't know if this will help, but I always used it on programs installed in Program Files. Sometimes solved my issue(s).

I recently built a new computer, transferred my separate GAMES drive to it, and nothing would run. Same error as you have. One install of Secret Trails would just go to a black screen and freeze. After running Take Ownership, they worked.

Worth a try...good luck.
Back to top Go down
bisousbisous
Novice
bisousbisous

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jun 2017 - 20:48

Sword2012 wrote:
bisousbisous wrote:
How many partitions do you now have, please?

Which partition is Windows on?

Onto which partition are you trying to install the game?

Have you followed the instructions in the Installation Help guide to the letter?

At what point in the Help guide do you get a problem?

Would you please post send a screenshot of the error?

Thanks. The answers to all these questions will help us to help you Smile

I now have two partitions, C, which is the one windows is installed on, and B, where STALKERSOUP, and only STALKERSOUP, is installed on.
Yes I followed the installation guide to the letter, the problem occurs when I press launch from the STALKERSOUP launcher. The small Shadow of Chernobyl screen comes up, the one with the guy with the gas mask on it, then the XRay Engine bugtrap pops up.
StalkerSoup installation problems... Untitl11
Back to top Go down
Aleks1970
Administrator Founder
Aleks1970

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jun 2017 - 20:59

bisousbisous wrote:
I now have two partitions, C, which is the one windows is installed on, and B, where STALKERSOUP, and only STALKERSOUP, is installed on.
Yes I followed the installation guide to the letter, the problem occurs when I press launch from the STALKERSOUP launcher. The small Shadow of Chernobyl screen comes up, the one with the guy with the gas mask on it, then the XRay Engine bugtrap pops up.
Spoiler:

Please try this solution: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
bisousbisous
Novice
bisousbisous

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jun 2017 - 21:10

Aleks1970 wrote:

Please try this solution

Gave everyone full control and still no dice.
Back to top Go down
Aleks1970
Administrator Founder
Aleks1970

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jun 2017 - 21:17

bisousbisous wrote:
Gave everyone full control and still no dice.

Try with your name:
Spoiler:
and/or run the STALKERSOUP.exe program with the "run as Administrator" option
Back to top Go down
bisousbisous
Novice
bisousbisous

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jun 2017 - 21:25

Gave my name full control AND ran it as administrator, still nothing.
I will try one last thing, and that is installing it on my 32gb USB stick.
Back to top Go down
EridanusAlpha
Novice

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jun 2017 - 21:30

OK,

I tried reinstalling to my D: drive (D:\Programs 2\StalkerSoup) and I ran the installer with admin rights. The whole install process goes fine and the launcher runs perfectly fine.

However, when I press 'launch' the game screen comes up (the green thumbnail with the gasmask guy) and a small black box that looks like a cmd prompt box. But the game crashes. In task manager XR_3DA.exe is labelled as not responding.

HOWEVER: if I change my 'mode' in the launcher to sweetFX DX11 the game runs fine!

I have installed updates and will try to play the game now...
Back to top Go down
Aleks1970
Administrator Founder
Aleks1970

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jun 2017 - 21:47

EridanusAlpha wrote:
OK, However, when I press 'launch' the game screen comes up (the green thumbnail with the gasmask guy) and a small black box that looks like a cmd prompt box. But the game crashes. In task manager XR_3DA.exe is labelled as not responding.

HOWEVER: if I change my 'mode' in the launcher to sweetFX DX11 the game runs fine!

It seems, that I have to include: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
within the installer...

Try to install the DX9.0c from the link above.
Back to top Go down
bisousbisous
Novice
bisousbisous

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jun 2017 - 21:58

Aleks1970 wrote:
EridanusAlpha wrote:
OK, However, when I press 'launch' the game screen comes up (the green thumbnail with the gasmask guy) and a small black box that looks like a cmd prompt box. But the game crashes. In task manager XR_3DA.exe is labelled as not responding.

It seems, that I have to include:DirectX 9.0c End-User Runtime within the installer...

Try to install the DX9.0c from the link above.

"You must be running Windows 98, Windows Millennium, Windows 2000, Windows xp or Windows server 2003 family to install directx 9.0'"
Also I tried to run in Dx11 and Sweetfx Dx11 mode to no avail.
Back to top Go down
kd6dm
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jun 2017 - 22:23

In Windows 10, you need to use "DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)". Here:

Shouldn't have to, though. But, if any files are missing/corrupt, the above will fix it.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
bisousbisous
Novice
bisousbisous

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jun 2017 - 22:30

kd6dm wrote:
In Windows 10, you need to use "DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)". Here:

Shouldn't have to, though. But, if any files are missing/corrupt, the above will fix it.

Good luck.

Downloaded it, ran the setup app, still can't get past the initial start up screen.
I'm heading off to work in 5 minutes,hopefully I will be able to play when I get back!
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeMon 12 Jun 2017 - 22:43

bisousbisous wrote:
I now have two partitions, C, which is the one windows is installed on, and B, where STALKERSOUP, and only STALKERSOUP, is installed on

In addition to the other suggestions, I'd recommend changing the name of your second partition to anything other than B:\ or A:\

These two letters used to be for a computer's floppy drive(s), while C:\ is always the system (Windows) partition

I don't know if Windows still allocates special properties, permissions, restrictions, and limitations to these two letters, but to play safe I'd label your extra partitions from D:\ upwards...

Last edited by Sword2012 on Tue 13 Jun 2017 - 13:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bisousbisous
Novice
bisousbisous

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jun 2017 - 7:56

Still nothing Sword, guess I'm out of luck for now.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeTue 13 Jun 2017 - 13:32

Until Aleks1970 modifies the Installer, the only thing I can see that looks out of place is your installation folder of 'Programs 2'

Try removing the space, in case Windows or the Installer has problems with it, or just call the folder 'Games', so that your installation path is D:\Games\Stalkersoup

Let us know how it goes, please Smile
Back to top Go down
bisousbisous
Novice
bisousbisous

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeWed 14 Jun 2017 - 10:02

Sword2012 wrote:
Until Aleks1970 modifies the Installer, the only thing I can see that looks out of place is your installation folder of 'Programs 2'

Try removing the space, in case Windows or the Installer has problems with it, or just call the folder 'Games', so that your installation path is D:\Games\Stalkersoup

Let us know how it goes, please Smile

No dice. It's not that big a problem though, I can wait a couple of weeks for the installer to be fixed. I have a backlog I've been meaning to go through anyways.
Back to top Go down
KnightLyght Arthoryum.
Experienced
KnightLyght Arthoryum.

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeThu 15 Jun 2017 - 23:56

I have those messages...

StalkerSoup installation problems... Error10

And...

StalkerSoup installation problems... Error210

I've been able to play it before without any problem, but... there's no luck this time... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jun 2017 - 0:08

Arthoryum wrote:
I have those messages...

As a matter of interest, how come your StalkerSoup game is named 'S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl'? instead of 'STALKERSOUP'?

Surely there's got to be a clue there... Wink
Back to top Go down
KnightLyght Arthoryum.
Experienced
KnightLyght Arthoryum.

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jun 2017 - 0:50

Sword2012 wrote:
Arthoryum wrote:
I have those messages...

As a matter of interest, how come your StalkerSoup game is named 'S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl'? instead of 'STALKERSOUP'?

'cause i paste there the files of the folder StalkerSoup, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl is where i install the main game, and StalkerSoup is where the files of the installation of the mod are.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jun 2017 - 1:36

Arthoryum wrote:
Sword2012 wrote:
Arthoryum wrote:
I have those messages...

'cause i paste there the files of the folder StalkerSoup, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl is where i install the main game, and StalkerSoup is where the files of the installation of the mod are.

Stalkersoup is NOT a mod for SoC. It's a full game in itself, includes a highly modified version of the XRay engine, and is definitely NOT meant to be installed into an SoC folder...

Please see the installation guide here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
KnightLyght Arthoryum.
Experienced
KnightLyght Arthoryum.

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jun 2017 - 3:36

Sword2012 wrote:
Arthoryum wrote:
Sword2012 wrote:
Arthoryum wrote:
I have those messages...

Stalkersoup is NOT a mod for SoC. It's a full game in itself, includes a highly modified version of the XRay engine, and is definitely NOT meant to be installed into an SoC folder...

Please see the installation guide here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It gives me the same message... No, it tells me that i don't have that dll... MSVCP100.dll, scratch!
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jun 2017 - 11:29

Arthoryum wrote:
It gives me the same message... No, it tells me that i don't have that dll... MSVCP100.dll, scratch!

You may have had other files pre-existing in your folder, that the game didn't overwrite, but actually needs to work

May I suggest that you save your _appdata_ folder, totally delete the game and all its registry entries, and reinstall it from scratch following the guide to the letter?

If you need another installation of SoC, CoP, Clear Sky, Call of Chernobyl, Lost Alpha, etc then put them in their own folders. STALKERSOUP should be in a folder of its own, and not joined with any other game...
Back to top Go down
KnightLyght Arthoryum.
Experienced
KnightLyght Arthoryum.

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jun 2017 - 16:25

Sword2012 wrote:
Arthoryum wrote:

You may have had other files pre-existing in your folder, that the game didn't overwrite, but actually needs to work

May I suggest that you save your _appdata_ folder, totally delete the game and all its registry entries, and reinstall it from scratch following the guide to the letter?

If you need another installation of SoC, CoP, Clear Sky, Call of Chernobyl, Lost Alpha, etc then put them in their own folders. STALKERSOUP should be in a folder of its own, and not joined with any other game...

I'll see what can i do, thank you!!
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jun 2017 - 18:48

Arthoryum wrote:
Sword2012 wrote:
Arthoryum wrote:

It also helps if Soup is installed on a separate drive preferably an internal SSD with sufficient space to allow for archived saves and screenshots.
Back to top Go down
kd6dm
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jun 2017 - 20:25

Arthoryum wrote:
Sword2012 wrote:
Arthoryum wrote:

That dll is part of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010, and is either missing or damaged. Try re-installing it from:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (32 bit)

and
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (64 bit)

Install both. If the installer says it's already installed, then do a repair install. This dll is found in \Windows\System32, and not in the STALKER directory. For some reason, this is not an uncommon error with Windows 10.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
KnightLyght Arthoryum.
Experienced
KnightLyght Arthoryum.

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitimeFri 16 Jun 2017 - 22:46

kd6dm wrote:
Arthoryum wrote:
Sword2012 wrote:
Arthoryum wrote:

That dll is part of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010, and is either missing or damaged. Try re-installing it from:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (32 bit)

and
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (64 bit)

Install both. If the installer says it's already installed, then do a repair install. This dll is found in \Windows\System32, and not in the STALKER directory. For some reason, this is not an uncommon error with Windows 10.

Good luck.

Thank you so much, to everyone but in special to kd6dm, 'cause finally i can play the game without any problem... cheers I love you!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup installation problems...   StalkerSoup installation problems... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

StalkerSoup installation problems...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next