A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeby TrueB Today at 2:24

» stalkersoup walkthrough collector guide1
A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeby kaplumbaga Yesterday at 7:51

» Music flashdrives in music player
A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeby TrueB Fri 14 Jun 2019 - 11:10

» Forum Rules and game
A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeby TrueB Fri 14 Jun 2019 - 10:20

» New map with new areas ??
A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeby ObiWanCannabis Thu 13 Jun 2019 - 13:20

June 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
TrueB
A walk through StalkerSoup... I_vote_lcapA walk through StalkerSoup... I_voting_barA walk through StalkerSoup... I_vote_rcap 
kaplumbaga
A walk through StalkerSoup... I_vote_lcapA walk through StalkerSoup... I_voting_barA walk through StalkerSoup... I_vote_rcap 
pchester
Tzoun9084
Ikaruss
Aleks1970
ObiWanCannabis
Statistics
We have 795 registered users
The newest registered user is sigma3d

Our users have posted a total of 8839 messages in 1128 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 144 on Wed 15 May 2019 - 23:13

A walk through StalkerSoup...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
pchester
pchester

A walk through StalkerSoup... Empty
PostSubject: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeThu 16 May 2019 - 22:42

This is Part One of what will probably be a two-part walkthrough. It takes the story from its start to just before going to Recon - which, according to the page count in my notebook, is roughly half-way through the game.

A Walk Through STALKERSOUP - Part One - Death Truck to Recon
(updated to document version 1.1 - 17 May 2019)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hopefully Part Two won't take me quite as long to complete now that I have a better idea of what works and what doesn't!

If anyone finds any errors or omissions, please PM me and let me know. (I know they are there, I am going cross-eyed repeatedly proof-reading it and I am still finding things. But if I don't publish it now, I will be forever tinkering...)

Similarly, if you have a better (or just different) way of doing things, please let me know. I will be happy to include and acknowledge any useful information in future revisions.

COLLECTOR:

(I might as well include these here...)

Collector Stashes

ZEP Docs

Caesier's Caches

(Kostya & Gold Bars - work in progress!)

Last edited by pchester on Fri 17 May 2019 - 13:24; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeFri 17 May 2019 - 2:37

pchester, may I please say that, to me, this is truly a work of art. It's a masterpiece of effort, layout and beauty

I never expected to see a walkthrough of such magnificence for this game, but then I didn't know you were working on one!

In creating this, plus your other offerings above, you have just taken StalkerSoup to a whole new level, and I wish I could offer more upvotes for a single post
flower
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Veteran

PostSubject: Walkthrough   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeFri 17 May 2019 - 9:17

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Spoiler:

Hi pchester, you have demonstrated time and again your expert knowledge of Stalkersoup, helping Gamers, and I look forward to your certain successful walkthrough in due course. A wonderful achievement so far. Best wishes, TrueB

Novice

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeFri 17 May 2019 - 13:40

pchester - these are amazing! Thanks very much for all your efforts! I've been logging my own trips through the Zone and was considering doing them in InDesign and making them into pdfs but I don't think I could match this!
Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeFri 17 May 2019 - 14:09

pchester - these are amazing! Thanks very much for all your efforts! I've been logging my own trips through the Zone and was considering doing them in InDesign and making them into pdfs but I don't think I could match this!

Thank you PhilH231, but please don't stop your planned walkthrough on account of mine. Everyone's experiences in the Zone will be different, and the more up-to-date game guides we have available to players, the better.
Back to top Go down
grayxy
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeFri 17 May 2019 - 21:06

pchester, I'm impressed. And that is, trust me, quite a feat.

Back to top Go down
TrueB
Veteran

PostSubject: Collector Walkthrough   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeSun 19 May 2019 - 6:24

This is Part One of what will probably be a two-part walkthrough. It takes the story from its start to just before going to Recon - which, according to the page count in my notebook, is roughly half-way through the game.

A Walk Through STALKERSOUP - Part One - Death Truck to Recon
(updated to document version 1.1 - 17 May 2019)

Hopefully Part Two won't take me quite as long to complete now that I have a better idea of what works and what doesn't!

If anyone finds any errors or omissions, please PM me and let me know. (I know they are there, I am going cross-eyed repeatedly proof-reading it and I am still finding things. But if I don't publish it now, I will be forever tinkering...)

Similarly, if you have a better (or just different) way of doing things, please let me know. I will be happy to include and acknowledge any useful information in future revisions.

COLLECTOR:

(I might as well include these here...)

Collector Stashes

ZEP Docs

Caesier's Caches

(Kostya & Gold Bars - work in progress!)
Hi pchester, at the start of Collector, Sid asks MO to sell Sid quickly any of the items MO finds. Did you do so or did you keep them for your belt, please. I ask here because, it seems obvious imo that if players are pretty wealthy by the time they start the second level, Level 1, that they would keep the artefacts and only sell them if the first level they play is level 1. So I wonder if you are aware of any other benefits of selling such artefacts as mushrooms to Sid in Level 1 to 4, please? I look forward to your reply, thanks and regards, TrueB.

Last edited by TrueB on Sun 19 May 2019 - 8:16; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mis-spelled)
Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeSun 19 May 2019 - 12:21

Hi pchester, at the start of Collector, Sid asks MO to sell Sid quickly any of the items MO finds. Did you do so or did you keep them for your belt, please. I ask here because, it seems obvious imo that if players are pretty wealthy by the time they start the second level, Level 1, that they would keep the artefacts and only sell them if the first level they play is level 1. So I wonder if you are aware of any other benefits of selling such artefacts as mushrooms to Sid in Level 1 to 4, please? I look forward to your reply, thanks and regards, TrueB.

Sid is at heart a trader, and he wants you to trade exclusively with him and not trade with his rivals. However, If I have something I want to trade I just take it to the nearest trader, whoever that is. There are exceptions, of course, but in general I don't find it worth my time to cart stuff across half the Zone just to take advantage of a small price difference.

It is really a matter of player choice whether to sell everything immediately or to stash everything in case you might need it later. Personally I have always been a looter/hoarder at heart, so I tend to loot everything and leave stashes everywhere. Admittedly much of it never gets touched again.

As you say, by the time Collector starts most players who started in Level 0 will have built up enough money to buy anything they need or want to try out. I do like trying different weapons, for example, and it is nice not to have to worry about whether I can afford the next shiny. If I need more money I can usually go to my nearest stash and sell enough to make up the difference. I find that more interesting than carrying multiple-millions in cash on me at all times; but that is just me.

In my experience there aren't many artefacts in Collector that are significantly better than the top-tier ones from the pre-Collector game. Even so, I tend to stash all of the artefacts that I find. (It is "Collector" after all!)

Mushrooms are different, and these are the only items that I sell as a matter of course. Stashed mushrooms have (or had? I don't know if this has been changed...) a tendency to 'disappear' after a while. I have been told that this is because mushrooms would be expected to rot away over time. I don't know if that is the actual reason, but it makes a kind of sense so I am happy to go along with it.
Back to top Go down
ObiWanCannabis
Experienced
ObiWanCannabis

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeMon 20 May 2019 - 17:13

'kin hell !!
great great work !!!
I wish I had the motivation to create such a useful document.
Congratulations for this magnum opus and thank you for the enormous workload you have made making our playing experience less frustrating in StalkerSoup.
cheers
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Veteran

PostSubject: Collector sales to Sid   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeMon 20 May 2019 - 18:40

Sid is at heart a trader, and he wants you to trade exclusively with him and not trade with his rivals. However, If I have something I want to trade I just take it to the nearest trader, whoever that is. There are exceptions, of course, but in general I don't find it worth my time to cart stuff across half the Zone just to take advantage of a small price difference.

It is really a matter of player choice whether to sell everything immediately or to stash everything in case you might need it later. Personally I have always been a looter/hoarder at heart, so I tend to loot everything and leave stashes everywhere. Admittedly much of it never gets touched again.

As you say, by the time Collector starts most players who started in Level 0 will have built up enough money to buy anything they need or want to try out. I do like trying different weapons, for example, and it is nice not to have to worry about whether I can afford the next shiny. If I need more money I can usually go to my nearest stash and sell enough to make up the difference. I find that more interesting than carrying multiple-millions in cash on me at all times; but that is just me.

In my experience there aren't many artefacts in Collector that are significantly better than the top-tier ones from the pre-Collector game. Even so, I tend to stash all of the artefacts that I find. (It is "Collector" after all!)

Mushrooms are different, and these are the only items that I sell as a matter of course. Stashed mushrooms have (or had? I don't know if this has been changed...) a tendency to 'disappear' after a while. I have been told that this is because mushrooms would be expected to rot away over time. I don't know if that is the actual reason, but it makes a kind of sense so I am happy to go along with it.
Thanks pchester, I will follow your advice, best wishes, TrueB.

Experienced

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeMon 20 May 2019 - 19:39

Pchester, just see this post and started to download, but you're the best source of information about the soup!
Back to top Go down
VodkaMartiniSNS
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeMon 20 May 2019 - 21:07

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], amazing work, if I owned and wore a cap, I would surely doff it.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Veteran

PostSubject: Walkthrough by pchester   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeTue 21 May 2019 - 10:38

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], amazing work, if I owned and wore a cap, I would surely doff it.
Stalker-badged caps would be cool!

kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2019 - 0:29

pchester, the walkthroughs are EPIC, true works of art. You constantly exceed expectations.
THANK YOU

pchester

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2019 - 13:03

Thank you all, I hope it will be of help the next time you get stuck - as long as you get stuck before Recon, that is...

Just so you know, Sword (our arbiter of good dialogue) has kindly offered to proof-read all 220-odd pages, correcting my sloppy spellings as he goes. My thanks also to those of you who have been sending me corrections, suggestions and reminders of things I had forgotten about. Hopefully the next update will be even closer to what is actually in the game!

I have started work on Part 2 (just got Lukash's ring) and still have a long way to go, but at least it is going. Speaking of which, I suppose I had better get back to it... study Sleep
Back to top Go down
Tzoun9084

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeFri 24 May 2019 - 18:54

Great job mate
Back to top Go down
Artyom
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeFri 24 May 2019 - 19:58

Why you don't make a youtube channel pchester? i'll surely subscribe!
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Veteran

PostSubject: A walk through Soup part 2   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeSat 25 May 2019 - 22:53

Thank you all, I hope it will be of help the next time you get stuck - as long as you get stuck before Recon, that is...

Just so you know, Sword (our arbiter of good dialogue) has kindly offered to proof-read all 220-odd pages, correcting my sloppy spellings as he goes. My thanks also to those of you who have been sending me corrections, suggestions and reminders of things I had forgotten about. Hopefully the next update will be even closer to what is actually in the game!

I have started work on Part 2 (just got Lukash's ring) and still have a long way to go, but at least it is going. Speaking of which, I suppose I had better get back to it...  study  Sleep
Hi pchester your 1st walk is brilliant and I keep it by me on my tablet pc whenever I game. I am really looking forward to your 2nd walkthrough as I stopped just before Generators previously. My MO has sent yours, a new pair of hiking socks and boots, a larger rucksack containg the crate of beer in lab x18  Wink

Last edited by TrueB on Wed 29 May 2019 - 8:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kd6dm
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2019 - 19:29

Hi pchester

Brilliant work. I'm part way through Collector 2 from a MO 1.10018 start. For the first time ever, found the Collector stash in Old Village at the tractor taken over by trees. Screens below, if needed:

Thank you for this exceptional guide.

(EDIT-sorry about the accidental inclusion of garbage and limansk screens, unintentional)

pchester

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeWed 29 May 2019 - 10:09

Hi kd6dm,

Well done, that one has always eluded me, too. It seems so obvious in your screenshot, but the number of times I have circled that thing looking for it... Rolling Eyes  I have a way to go before Collector, but perhaps this time I won't need to make that "just in case" save before picking up the previous stash!

Still moving forward with Part 2... 70-odd pages done and Boatswain has just arrived at his new home. I am still undecided about how to handle the collector missions, but hopefully something will come to me by the time I get there!
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Veteran

PostSubject: Walkthrough   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeWed 29 May 2019 - 12:40

Hi kd6dm,

Well done, that one has always eluded me, too. It seems so obvious in your screenshot, but the number of times I have circled that thing looking for it... Rolling Eyes  I have a way to go before Collector, but perhaps this time I won't need to make that "just in case" save before picking up the previous stash!

Still moving forward with Part 2... 70-odd pages done and Boatswain has just arrived at his new home. I am still undecided about how to handle the collector missions, but hopefully something will come to me by the time I get there!
Boatswain! You are certainly 'motoring' pchester. Doing Lightning eventually should be interesting. I, on the other hand, are going at a leisurely pace, enjoying cooking artefacts on a camper stove.

Last edited by TrueB on Wed 29 May 2019 - 12:43; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A walk through StalkerSoup...
Page 1 of 1