StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Tue 26 Mar 2024 - 20:44

» Sakharov wont talk to me
A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 19:37

» All the Database files
A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:19

» What to do after Fly's rescue?
A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeby TrueB Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 11:28

» Game crashes while on load screens
A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 22:26

» Yakut does not give a dialog
A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeby SPEC Fri 8 Mar 2024 - 14:26

» For @everyone
A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeby Aleks1970 Sat 24 Feb 2024 - 0:31

» StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11
A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeby Aleks1970 Fri 23 Feb 2024 - 23:57

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
DUCATISLO
A walk through StalkerSoup... I_vote_lcapA walk through StalkerSoup... I_voting_barA walk through StalkerSoup... I_vote_rcap 
Statistics
We have 1743 registered users
The newest registered user is Tarin

Our users have posted a total of 12527 messages in 1747 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

A walk through StalkerSoup...

Go down 
+14
Sword2012
Strelok981
Aleks1970
nemisis1842khann
KnightLyght Arthoryum.
TrueB
Artyom
Tzoun9084
pchester
kd6dm
VodkaMartiniSNS
ObiWanCannabis
grayxy
PhilH231
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pchester
Administrator
pchester

A walk through StalkerSoup... Empty
PostSubject: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeThu 16 May 2019 - 22:42

This is a two-part walkthrough of the game of StalkerSoup.

Parts I and II have been updated to game version 1.1.0019.5. Part I now covers the full Level (or Levelup) 0, from Death Truck to the end of Dead City. Part II continues from the start of Level 1 (Collector) and through Level 2 (Desolation) to the current end of the game.

NOTE: Previous versions of these PDF files were compressed to reduce the file sizes. Following feedback about the legibility of some photos, I am now including links to both the original (uncompressed) version and the compressed version.

-------------------------------------------

PART ONE
A Walk Through StalkerSoup - Part One - Death Truck to Dead City

- Document version 3.0j, June 2023.

Now covers all of Level 0. Many pictures enlarged/enhanced for clarity. Added appendix for Artefact Recipes. Known bugs and workarounds. (As a result of these changes the document is considerably larger than before!)

- New in 3.0j: minor corrections & additions.

Please note, some minor dialogue changes in 0019.5 have not been included in my update, mainly due to the amount of work that would be involved when further changes are likely. I hope to fully revise all dialogue when the game is more complete.

UNCOMPRESSED PDF: 63.7 MB
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

COMPRESSED PDF: 40.6 MB

PART TWO
A Walk Through StalkerSoup - Part Two - 'Collector' to Reclamation

- Document version 3.0f, May 2023.

Now covers Level 1 (Collector) and Level 2 (Desolation) to the current end of the game. Further content will be added as it is released.

- New in 3.0f: new (well, new to me) document found in Research Station.(Search for "Team Alpha".)

UNCOMPRESSED PDF: 85 MB

COMPRESSED PDF: 36 MB

As always, if you spot any errors or omissions please let me know. Similarly, if you find any sections of dialogue that have yet to be improved, (i.e., they still appear in the original 'machine-translated?' form) please report them to the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Please include either a section of text or a screenshot to enable Sword's team to quickly find and improve the offending wording. (F12 saves a screenshot in your Stalkersoup\_appdata_\screenshots folder.)

COLLECTOR:
Part Two of the Walkthrough includes the Collector quests, but the links below are to older versions with some larger photos that might be easier to see...

Collector Stashes

ZEP Docs

Caesier's Caches

Gold Bars (extracted from A Walk Through StalkerSoup Part 2)

-------------------------------------------------

INFO PORTIONS LIST

Info Portions list extracted from gameplay XML files. See instructions at top of file.

Updated: game version 1.1.0019.1, doc version 2.0a - August 2020
(Microsoft Excel .xlsx file)

I will probably update this with additional notes as I figure out what more info portions do. I won't keep making announcements for these, just increment the version letter: a, b, c... etc..

-------------------------------------------------

Last edited by pchester on Wed 7 Jun 2023 - 14:06; edited 50 times in total

Fercyful, sf67n20, Snow Bunny, zoust, hamzajimi, WolfHound74, DoomGaming and CapableMagician like this post

Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeFri 17 May 2019 - 2:37

pchester, may I please say that, to me, this is truly a work of art. It's a masterpiece of effort, layout and beauty

I never expected to see a walkthrough of such magnificence for this game, but then I didn't know you were working on one!

In creating this, plus your other offerings above, you have just taken StalkerSoup to a whole new level, and I wish I could offer more upvotes for a single post
flower

sf67n20 likes this post

Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Walkthrough   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeFri 17 May 2019 - 9:17

pchester wrote:
Spoiler:
Hi pchester, you have demonstrated time and again your expert knowledge of Stalkersoup, helping Gamers, and I look forward to using your guide. A wonderful achievement so far. Best wishes, TrueB

Last edited by TrueB on Sat 6 May 2023 - 8:56; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos)
Back to top Go down
PhilH231
Novice

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeFri 17 May 2019 - 13:40

pchester - these are amazing! Thanks very much for all your efforts! I've been logging my own trips through the Zone and was considering doing them in InDesign and making them into pdfs but I don't think I could match this!
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeFri 17 May 2019 - 14:09

PhilH231 wrote:
pchester - these are amazing! Thanks very much for all your efforts! I've been logging my own trips through the Zone and was considering doing them in InDesign and making them into pdfs but I don't think I could match this!

Thank you PhilH231, but please don't stop your planned walkthrough on account of mine. Everyone's experiences in the Zone will be different, and the more up-to-date game guides we have available to players, the better.
Back to top Go down
grayxy
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeFri 17 May 2019 - 21:06

pchester, I'm impressed. And that is, trust me, quite a feat.

Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Collector Walkthrough   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeSun 19 May 2019 - 6:24

pchester wrote:
Original post:
Hi pchester, thank you once again for your gifts of walkthroughs generously and altruistically given for the use of all players including me. Thanks and Regards TrueB

Last edited by TrueB on Sat 6 May 2023 - 9:03; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeSun 19 May 2019 - 12:21

TrueB wrote:
Hi pchester, at the start of Collector, Sid asks MO to sell Sid quickly any of the items MO finds. Did you do so or did you keep them for your belt, please. I ask here because, it seems obvious imo that if players are pretty wealthy by the time they start the second level, Level 1, that they would keep the artefacts and only sell them if the first level they play is level 1. So I wonder if you are aware of any other benefits of selling such artefacts as mushrooms to Sid in Level 1 to 4, please? I look forward to your reply, thanks and regards, TrueB.

Sid is at heart a trader, and he wants you to trade exclusively with him and not trade with his rivals. However, If I have something I want to trade I just take it to the nearest trader, whoever that is. There are exceptions, of course, but in general I don't find it worth my time to cart stuff across half the Zone just to take advantage of a small price difference.

It is really a matter of player choice whether to sell everything immediately or to stash everything in case you might need it later. Personally I have always been a looter/hoarder at heart, so I tend to loot everything and leave stashes everywhere. Admittedly much of it never gets touched again.

As you say, by the time Collector starts most players who started in Level 0 will have built up enough money to buy anything they need or want to try out. I do like trying different weapons, for example, and it is nice not to have to worry about whether I can afford the next shiny. If I need more money I can usually go to my nearest stash and sell enough to make up the difference. I find that more interesting than carrying multiple-millions in cash on me at all times; but that is just me.

In my experience there aren't many artefacts in Collector that are significantly better than the top-tier ones from the pre-Collector game. Even so, I tend to stash all of the artefacts that I find. (It is "Collector" after all!)

Mushrooms are different, and these are the only items that I sell as a matter of course. Stashed mushrooms have (or had? I don't know if this has been changed...) a tendency to 'disappear' after a while. I have been told that this is because mushrooms would be expected to rot away over time. I don't know if that is the actual reason, but it makes a kind of sense so I am happy to go along with it.
Back to top Go down
ObiWanCannabis
Experienced
ObiWanCannabis

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeMon 20 May 2019 - 17:13

'kin hell !!
great great work !!!
I wish I had the motivation to create such a useful document.
Congratulations for this magnum opus and thank you for the enormous workload you have made making our playing experience less frustrating in StalkerSoup.
cheers
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Collector sales to Sid   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeMon 20 May 2019 - 18:40

pchester wrote:
Previous post:
Thanks pchester, I will follow your advice, best wishes, TrueB.

Experienced

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeMon 20 May 2019 - 19:39

Pchester, just see this post and started to download, but you're the best source of information about the soup!
Back to top Go down
VodkaMartiniSNS
Novice

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeMon 20 May 2019 - 21:07

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], amazing work, if I owned and wore a cap, I would surely doff it.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Walkthrough by pchester   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeTue 21 May 2019 - 10:38

VodkaMartiniSNS wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], amazing work, if I owned and wore a cap, I would surely doff it.
Stalker-badged caps would be cool!

kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2019 - 0:29

pchester, the walkthroughs are EPIC, true works of art. You constantly exceed expectations.
THANK YOU

Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeWed 22 May 2019 - 13:03

Thank you all, I hope it will be of help the next time you get stuck - as long as you get stuck before Recon, that is...

Just so you know, Sword (our arbiter of good dialogue) has kindly offered to proof-read all 220-odd pages, correcting my sloppy spellings as he goes. My thanks also to those of you who have been sending me corrections, suggestions and reminders of things I had forgotten about. Hopefully the next update will be even closer to what is actually in the game!

I have started work on Part 2 (just got Lukash's ring) and still have a long way to go, but at least it is going. Speaking of which, I suppose I had better get back to it... study Sleep
Back to top Go down
Tzoun9084

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeFri 24 May 2019 - 18:54

Great job mate
Back to top Go down
Artyom
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeFri 24 May 2019 - 19:58

Why you don't make a youtube channel pchester? i'll surely subscribe!
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: A walk through Soup part 2   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeSat 25 May 2019 - 22:53

pchester wrote:
Thank you all, I hope it will be of help the next time you get stuck - as long as you get stuck before Recon, that is...

Just so you know, Sword (our arbiter of good dialogue) has kindly offered to proof-read all 220-odd pages, correcting my sloppy spellings as he goes. My thanks also to those of you who have been sending me corrections, suggestions and reminders of things I had forgotten about. Hopefully the next update will be even closer to what is actually in the game!

I have started work on Part 2 (just got Lukash's ring) and still have a long way to go, but at least it is going. Speaking of which, I suppose I had better get back to it...  study  Sleep
Hi pchester your 1st walk is brilliant and I keep it by me on my tablet pc whenever I game. I am really looking forward to your 2nd walkthrough as I stopped just before Generators previously. My MO has sent yours, a new pair of hiking socks and boots, a larger rucksack containg the crate of beer in lab x18  Wink

Last edited by TrueB on Wed 29 May 2019 - 8:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kd6dm
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeTue 28 May 2019 - 19:29

Hi pchester

Brilliant work. I'm part way through Collector 2 from a MO 1.10018 start. For the first time ever, found the Collector stash in Old Village at the tractor taken over by trees. Screens below, if needed:

Thank you for this exceptional guide.

(EDIT-sorry about the accidental inclusion of garbage and limansk screens, unintentional)

Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeWed 29 May 2019 - 10:09

Hi kd6dm,

Well done, that one has always eluded me, too. It seems so obvious in your screenshot, but the number of times I have circled that thing looking for it... Rolling Eyes  I have a way to go before Collector, but perhaps this time I won't need to make that "just in case" save before picking up the previous stash!

Still moving forward with Part 2... 70-odd pages done and Boatswain has just arrived at his new home. I am still undecided about how to handle the collector missions, but hopefully something will come to me by the time I get there!
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Walkthrough   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeWed 29 May 2019 - 12:40

pchester wrote:
Previous post:
Boatswain! You are certainly 'motoring' pchester. Doing Lightning eventually should be interesting. I, on the other hand, are going at a leisurely pace, enjoying cooking artefacts on a camper stove.

Last edited by Sword2012 on Tue 2 Jul 2019 - 10:43; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeTue 2 Jul 2019 - 10:35

pchester wrote:
Original post:
Hi pchester, many thanks for your dedication in producing part 2 of this excellent and very helpful addition. I shall continue to keep it by my side when playing. All the Best to you. TrueB

EDIT: Hi pchester, regarding your excellent guide, with contents headings underlined in blue. I clicked on some of these, thinking they were links to the relevant chapters but nothing happened. Please advise if they are simply lay out enhancements or links? Thanks and regards, TrueB.

Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeTue 2 Jul 2019 - 12:34

TrueB wrote:
EDIT: Hi pchester, regarding your excellent guide, with contents headings underlined in blue. I clicked on some of these, thinking they were links to the relevant chapters but nothing happened. Please advise if they are simply lay out enhancements or links? Thanks and regards, TrueB.

They are links, but for some reason they don't work if you open the documents directly in Google Drive. If you download them first, the links should work.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: A Walk Through Stalkersoup part 2   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeTue 2 Jul 2019 - 21:01

pchester wrote:
TrueB wrote:

They are links, but for some reason they don't work if you open the documents directly in Google Drive. If you download them first, the links should work.
Thanks for letting me know so quickly, pchester. Wednesdays are my main gaming days, so just in time. I have them in my program so will try to download them as well.
Best Wishes, TrueB.

Experienced

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeWed 25 Sep 2019 - 2:03

Excellent as always!

Pchester, i'm using the not updated guide, i'm at this part:

"You enter the Swamps at a hamlet in the south east. A small group here is led by Lector.
Talk to Lector
Lector explains about the Clear Sky clan, which has its base in the Swamp."

What page this is in the new guide?
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: A Walk Through Stalkersoup - Part One (document version 2.0)   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeWed 25 Sep 2019 - 6:59

pchester wrote:
Initial post:
Hi pchester, for all your hard work on this update, having your expertise in all things Stalkersoup extant generously shared is a real boon to all players. Adding to this your skills in map-making and draughtsmanship is such a wonderful and helpful gift. From me a big thank you too, for making my way through this ever evolving Game would be very hard without having a Master Stalker as you are to guide the way.

Experienced
KnightLyght Arthoryum.

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeWed 25 Sep 2019 - 16:50

There's no words... this is INCREDIBLE, pchester, congratulations and... THANK YOU.

Cheers!!!
Back to top Go down
Artyom
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeThu 26 Sep 2019 - 3:55

Great stuff, i just don't feel going there bcause i fear not doing in the right order and breaking a quest XD
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: A walk through Stalkersoup   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeThu 26 Sep 2019 - 9:16

pchester wrote:
TrueB wrote:

Thank you also pchester for uploading the parts that make up Levelup 1 separately. It makes for far quicker access, and ease of playing, Cheers. Best wishes, TrueB.

Master

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeFri 27 Sep 2019 - 15:01

Hi pchester
many thanks for the massive new walkthrough pt.1, in the past it was recomended to
go down the caves with god mode on due to the serious lack of protection, is this still a
runner, also I did not know one could go round most of the cave system before seeing the
miner and so get lots of goodies, I have just restarted SS and would like to give it a try using
your cave plans and stash/sell all over wieght items collected on the return to sids place,
and then go back to normal mortality, I realise its cheating but but the shear number of
nasties down there one has a poor level of survival with out the god mode as an opption.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeFri 27 Sep 2019 - 17:31

nemisis1842khann wrote:

Hi pchester
     many thanks for the massive new walkthrough pt.1, in the past it was recomended to   go down the caves with god mode on due to the serious lack of protection, is this still a  runner, also I did not know one could go round most of the cave system before seeing the  miner and so get lots of goodies, I have just restarted SS and would like to give it a try using   your cave plans and stash/sell all over wieght items collected on the return to sids place,  and then go back to normal mortality, I realise its cheating but but the shear number of nasties down there one has a poor level of survival with out the god mode as an opption.

Hi nemisis1842khann,

No part of StalkerSoup is intended to be so tough that you have to use God mode to succeed, but the option is there if you need it. IMHO, not having any worries about getting hurt takes a lot of the fun out of the game. On the other hand, so does constantly dying, so I do understand why some players use it.  

I seem to remember the Caves-of-old being harder than they are now, but that may just be my familiarity with the area having been through it so many times! If you aren't sure, I suggest that you make a hard save at the start of the Caves section and try without using God mode. If it doesn't work out for you, then reload and use God. Just remember to use the minigun in short bursts to minimise its kick, reload whenever the mutants give you a chance, and use bolts to locate and get past anomalies - especially those in the entrance to the Miner's cavern. Make use of saves whenever you complete a section successfully. Work your way through the area at your own pace, and reload your last save and try again if something goes wrong.

Good luck, Stalker...
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: A walk through Stalkersoup   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeThu 3 Oct 2019 - 17:34

pchester wrote:
Previous post:
I agree about the caves pchester, I find once the gang of mutants arrival is well known to players, then backing up some of the sloping walls can get MO above them. They wipp mill around below snd MO can get them with the minigun in a few bursts. 
Where I do feel Invincible mode is a good idea, is the corridor in Lab X 18 when metal is thrown by the monsters it will kill MO. Invincible mode is so handy but it has to be selected prior to play. It would be great if like the advanced options section, or in options Game, if players could move from normal to invincible or if brave, aggressive mode, during play, please?

Administrator Founder
Aleks1970

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeThu 3 Oct 2019 - 18:02

TrueB wrote:
I agree about the caves ... I find once the gang of mutants arrival ... and MO can get them with the minigun in a few bursts ... 

Where I do feel Invincible mode is a good idea, is the corridor in Lab X 18 ...  but it has to be selected prior to play.
It would be great if like the advanced options section, or in options Game, if players could move from normal to invincible ...
You can enable the 'god' option on the options game menu page.
Back to top Go down
https://stalkersoup.forumotion.com
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: A Walk Through Stalkersoup   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeThu 3 Oct 2019 - 19:56

[quote="Aleks1970"][quote="TrueB"]I agree about the caves ... I find once the gang of mutants arrival ... and MO can get them with the minigun in a few bursts ... 

Where I do feel Invincible mode is a good idea, is the corridor in Lab X 18 ...  but it has to be selected prior to play.
It would be great if like the advanced options section, or in options Game, if players could move from normal to invincible ...[/quote]
You can enable the 'god' option on the options game menu page.[/quote]
Super

Last edited by TrueB on Sat 26 Feb 2022 - 9:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitimeThu 3 Oct 2019 - 22:10

TrueB wrote:
Aleks1970 wrote:
You can enable the 'god' option on the options game menu page.

I just wondered if you meant the game options were on the launcher or actually accessible in play by Esc Options Game

While in-game, pressing Esc, Options, Game, and ticking 'God Mode' will make you invincible enough to get you through a difficult part

While still in-game, pressing Esc, Options, Game, and unticking 'God Mode' will get you back to normal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A walk through StalkerSoup...   A walk through StalkerSoup... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A walk through StalkerSoup...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next