StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» A walk through StalkerSoup...
Negatives of artifacts/mutant parts versus benefits  Icon_minitimeby Jowien Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 2:08

» Yakut does not give a dialog pt.2
Negatives of artifacts/mutant parts versus benefits  Icon_minitimeby SPEC Sat 13 Apr 2024 - 15:32

» Is StalkerSoup completed?
Negatives of artifacts/mutant parts versus benefits  Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:05

» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
Negatives of artifacts/mutant parts versus benefits  Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:03

» Sakharov wont talk to me
Negatives of artifacts/mutant parts versus benefits  Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 19:37

» All the Database files
Negatives of artifacts/mutant parts versus benefits  Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:19

» What to do after Fly's rescue?
Negatives of artifacts/mutant parts versus benefits  Icon_minitimeby TrueB Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 11:28

» Game crashes while on load screens
Negatives of artifacts/mutant parts versus benefits  Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 22:26

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user
Statistics
We have 1749 registered users
The newest registered user is digitalaxon

Our users have posted a total of 12536 messages in 1748 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Negatives of artifacts/mutant parts versus benefits

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TrueB
Master

Negatives of artifacts/mutant parts versus benefits  Empty
PostSubject: Negatives of artifacts/mutant parts versus benefits    Negatives of artifacts/mutant parts versus benefits  Icon_minitimeFri 26 May 2023 - 14:39

Hi, In my opinion, it seems to me that the balance of detriment to benefit may have changed regarding mutant parts and artefacts. I was playing today and was surprised to find artefacts with 10 in red of radiation. Yet electro tears, which used to be good for a balance against radiation, now need about 5 against 10 red artefact radiation attributes. 
I have an idea, since not all of the negative artefacts go in a white case; that would be a couple of stashbags woven with lead thread. Into one could be tipped mutant parts, and into the artefacts that cannot be put in the white cases, and whose 'negatives' prevent them from being useful. At one time impact and rupture in the sense of material tearing where considered essential. Now, it seems to me to be anti-radiation is essential as long as all the other negative attributes can also be countered. Another way of doing this, which would also encourage "cooking artefacts" is to simply write down a new set of values for artefacts/parts and thus improve the pleasures of playing. The forgoing suggestions and opinions are mine, and I appreciate others may well disagree. Hopefully it will lead to the penalties of mutant parts and artifacts to be reduced sufficiently to make Stalkersoup more fun. Thanks and Regards TrueB

Novice

PostSubject: Re: Negatives of artifacts/mutant parts versus benefits    Negatives of artifacts/mutant parts versus benefits  Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jun 2023 - 10:05

Quote :
Previous post:
Hello, can I ask you a technical question?
How technically difficult is it to set up friendly npc's and merchants on the cop map, I've been meaning to ask this while watching the many ns series mods and soups, if you have the time, could you please answer this confusion for me? I'd appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Negatives of artifacts/mutant parts versus benefits    Negatives of artifacts/mutant parts versus benefits  Icon_minitimeSat 17 Jun 2023 - 22:21

ued1945 wrote:
Hello, can I ask you a technical question?
How technically difficult is it to set up friendly npc's and merchants on the cop map, I've been meaning to ask this while watching the many ns series mods and soups, if you have the time, could you please answer this confusion for me? I'd appreciate it.

Hi ued1945.

I'm not sure what you are asking here. What do you mean by 'the cop map'? If by cop you mean Call of Pripyat,  I think all of the maps from that game are included in StalkerSoup - the three main maps being Zaton (called Backwater in StalkerSoup), Jupiter, and of course Pripyat.

As for creating NPC traders and other friendlies, that is certainly something the developers could do if they wished. However, the main StalkerSoup story is nearing completion, and as far as I know there are no plans to add to the current Backwater and Jupiter maps. (Caveat: I am not one of the developers, and this is just my best guess based on what little I know.)

Having said that, TecnoBacon has said that StalkerSoup will support future DLCs, so it is quite possible that these and other relatively-empty maps could become the home for new stories based in the StalkerSoup universe.
Back to top Go down
ued1945
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Negatives of artifacts/mutant parts versus benefits    Negatives of artifacts/mutant parts versus benefits  Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jun 2023 - 3:43

Quote :
Previous post:
I was indeed referring to Call of Pripyat, but I wanted to ask whether adding merchants and friendly npc's to these maps is technically difficult or not, as I noticed that all the full map mods (coc-like) made on top of the Shadows of Chernobyl engine generally don't have friendly npc's and merchants on non-Shadows of Chernobyl maps, which is why I wanted to find out if it's too cumbersome or if the engine is old and makes it technically difficult.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Negatives of artifacts/mutant parts versus benefits    Negatives of artifacts/mutant parts versus benefits  Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jun 2023 - 19:57

It is certainly possible to add NPCs to STALKER mods, and many of the NPCs in StalkerSoup and similar mods have have been added or modified by the various developers along the way. Unfortunately my meagre LUA programming skills are far too rusty, but perhaps someone else with more up-to-date knowledge can explain better.

As I understand it, the main reason why many of the northern maps in StalkerSoup are relatively empty and lacking friendly NPCs is due to STALKER lore* rather than to programming difficulty.

*Following the Chernobyl accident, a 30Km Zone of Alienation was created around the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant, and most of the civilian population within the Zone was evacuated. Only now are explorers, treasure seekers and others making their way back into the forbidden areas. Most enter the Zone through the southern entrance at The Cordon, which is why most of the population is currently located in the south.

The more northern areas are, for the most part, still uninhabited; but a few hardy individuals and secretive factions are beginning to appear in those areas. Eventually, as the reclamation of the Zone progresses, settlements will no doubt appear in these remote areas, and Stalkers and others will gather there to live and trade.

We will have to wait for future DLCs to see how that plays out in StalkerSoup.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Negatives of artifacts/mutant parts versus benefits    Negatives of artifacts/mutant parts versus benefits  Icon_minitimeSun 18 Jun 2023 - 20:31

In addition to pchester's explanation, my own take on this, as part of the Dialogues team and not a coder, is that the reason many imported maps in StalkerSoup not only lack facilities, but also don't even work properly, is that the job isn't simple - otherwise it would have been done by now

Once you get beyond Level 0 in StalkerSoup - that is, when you leave the Dead City through the underground tunnel - many of the maps, mostly imported from CoP and other mods, feel flat, unresponsive, and not as interactive (breakable glass, using stash bags, opening doors, etc) as those you're already familiar with in the game

TB is working on what he calls 'smart terrains' - which I'm guessing means bringing all the new levels up to the same working standard as the old ones

It's not the only problem with imported maps, either

There are 53 maps in StalkerSoup, of which (I think) at least 19 did not come from SoC, Clear Sky, or CoP. The others were imported from other mods, and not one of them contained a description. It fell to the Dialogues Team to write a geo-socio-political history of each new region, connected with all the other maps, to create a new 'Unified Zone' in terms of each map's connection with the StalkerSoup storyline

So it begs the question that, if the original map creators didn't get around to writing basic descriptions, how much more difficult must it have been for them to actually get these areas to work as well as the original maps?  affraid
Back to top Go down
ued1945
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Negatives of artifacts/mutant parts versus benefits    Negatives of artifacts/mutant parts versus benefits  Icon_minitimeMon 19 Jun 2023 - 7:33

Thanks for your patience, but I've been researching ns mods lately and found that SOC's old xray engine generally has cop maps with only enemies and no friendlies, so I just wanted to ask you guys why that is.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Negatives of artifacts/mutant parts verus benefits    Negatives of artifacts/mutant parts versus benefits  Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jun 2023 - 12:23

Quote :
Earlier post:
Hi, it seems rather strange to have discussion about areas of the zone under a heading relating to negatives of artfact/mutant parts versus benefits, whereas a discussion on the subject especially in my opinion the 400% negative appetite given with anti-psi positive.

Novice

PostSubject: Re: Negatives of artifacts/mutant parts versus benefits    Negatives of artifacts/mutant parts versus benefits  Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jun 2023 - 13:26

I don't really understand what you mean by anti-psi positive, could you elaborate on that, if you don't mind?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Negatives of artifacts/mutant parts versus benefits    Negatives of artifacts/mutant parts versus benefits  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Negatives of artifacts/mutant parts versus benefits
Page 1 of 1