StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» A walk through StalkerSoup...
Sid's words to MO Icon_minitimeby Jowien Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 2:08

» Yakut does not give a dialog pt.2
Sid's words to MO Icon_minitimeby SPEC Sat 13 Apr 2024 - 15:32

» Is StalkerSoup completed?
Sid's words to MO Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:05

» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
Sid's words to MO Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:03

» Sakharov wont talk to me
Sid's words to MO Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 19:37

» All the Database files
Sid's words to MO Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:19

» What to do after Fly's rescue?
Sid's words to MO Icon_minitimeby TrueB Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 11:28

» Game crashes while on load screens
Sid's words to MO Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 22:26

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user
Statistics
We have 1749 registered users
The newest registered user is digitalaxon

Our users have posted a total of 12536 messages in 1748 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Sid's words to MO

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TrueB
Master

Sid's words to MO Empty
PostSubject: Sid's words to MO   Sid's words to MO Icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2019 - 10:39

Hi, I just got back from the cave, and Sid says "The choice is yours..." etc.
But it isn't because in vanilla SSOC the choice of "brainwashing" is really where Sid goes through the workings of MO's PDA and so on. But in Ssoup there is only a job but no choice. Perhaps, if the first voice sound was omitted and the written quote reads, " Got a job for you.. as in vanilla SSOC, that way there would be no misunderstanding regarding whatever Sid is on about.
I hope feedback is useful guys.

Administrator
Sword2012

Sid's words to MO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sid's words to MO   Sid's words to MO Icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2019 - 12:36

TrueB wrote:
... Perhaps, if the first voice sound was omitted and the written quote reads, " Got a job for you.. as in vanilla SSOC, that way there would be no misunderstanding regarding whatever Sid is on about

Are you able to post a screenshot of that scene, please, so the text to be changed can be identified?

Either that, or quote the existing text exactly so it can be found, please

To anyone suggesting a text error or change, please supply a screenshot (usually F12 or PrtScn) to help us find it amongst the 4.9Mb of text spread throughout 155 files... No

Any error submitted will always be acted on immediately, and credit given santa
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

Sid's words to MO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sid's words to MO   Sid's words to MO Icon_minitimeWed 10 Apr 2019 - 15:03

Hi Sword,
It is the first conversation in English Sid has with MO after the cave and detox drink. The point is that Sid says "the choice is yours" which I think is verbatim, and there is no choice because MO is offered the Nimble job. There isn't the vanilla offer of a pda instruction. If Ssoup is to be a complete game eventually, then there are likely to be new players, who do not know how the PDA woks.
The mini-tutorial on the  PDA in SSOC imo was very helpful. Afaik, though, at the end of the training iirc, MO still gets  the Nimble job, but at least players can understand what the PDA does.

EDIT: I have just realised that Sid's words, could be okay as they are. If the SSOC is followed then the choice was either a pda lesson first or straight to the Nimble quest. However, there is a Stalkersoup dialogue over MO's reaction to the Makarov, that MO complains to Sid for issuing MO with it. Sid's alternative for MO was to return MO to a death truck! So MO takes the survival choice of not being killed  Crying or Very sad !

Administrator
Sword2012

Sid's words to MO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sid's words to MO   Sid's words to MO Icon_minitimeThu 11 Apr 2019 - 14:08

TrueB wrote:
Above post:

Thank you. By searching for 'Makarov' I was able to check that part of the file. MO is still disorientated, sick, tired, and p*ssed off with Sid taking advantage of his memory loss. As the game progresses he'll mature, become more compassionate, and choose his words more carefully...
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

Sid's words to MO Empty
PostSubject: How a pda works   Sid's words to MO Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jul 2019 - 9:10

Sword2012 wrote:
TrueB wrote:
Above post:

Thank you. By searching for 'Makarov' I was able to check that part of the file. MO is still disorientated, sick, tired, and p*ssed off with Sid taking advantage of his memory loss. As the game progresses he'll mature, become more compassionate, and choose his words more carefully...
Hi Sword, I was looking for something and found this again. Sid says "the choice is yours... and in vanilla goes on to to talk about a real job, you'll find (or possibly waste) this Strelok guy ... and I'll..." etc. It is only when the Makarov is mentioned that the option of a death truck is threatened. So really the vocal response of the choice is yours is missing the rest of the comment of "either I treat you like" which refers to MO being a Rookie, in which case the mysteries of the pda are explained or MO goes on his first mission without the instruction. Apart from the headings to be clicked it would perhaps help if the way to send SMS messages using the word processor (WP) is given and indeed, how the WP works. Also to use it to make and save notes, & to use the radio and so on. I often turn the radio on especially far from familliar routes in Level 1. 
Anyway, it occurs to me, and I hope you don't mind my suggesting this: that after the initial set up notes, a short note on the pda without the need for animation might be helpful for new gamers.
Or a line inserted like "ah yes, that Strelok message, in case you have forgotten ..." and the verbal explanation. For when I realised not all message are screened and at least one, needs to be inserted, it took a bit to work out how to send SMS messages. 
I don't know whether the following can be done:  when the information is initially given, MO could type it out, save it, and not send at once, then when he reaches the right location, he could just open the save and click on it for it to be sent. 
The word-processor is also handy for noting and saving codes, due to the lack of scroll on received messages, quicly pushed out of view by tasks etc.
Regards, TrueB.

Administrator
Sword2012

Sid's words to MO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sid's words to MO   Sid's words to MO Icon_minitimeFri 12 Jul 2019 - 22:45

TrueB wrote:
Previous post:

Hi TrueB. Thanks for your comments, as I hadn't noticed these extra functions in the PDA

We're currently incorporating a list of dialogue suggestions from forum members, in preparation for the next patch, and shall include yours

But while we can't do any scripting or coding, and Sid's dialogue was reworked recently, adding a PDA function guide to the Encyclopedia shouldn't be a problem...
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

Sid's words to MO Empty
PostSubject: Re Sid's words to MO   Sid's words to MO Icon_minitimeSat 13 Jul 2019 - 1:50

Sword2012 wrote:
Previous post:
Hi Sword, that's a brilliant idea to put them in the encyclopedia, certainly worthy of a vote.
Thanks and Regards, TrueB.

Sid's words to MO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sid's words to MO   Sid's words to MO Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sid's words to MO
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
StalkerSoup :: Dialogue Improvement team :: Dialogue improvement reports-
Jump to: