StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» A walk through StalkerSoup...
STALKERSOUP keeps crashing non-stop Icon_minitimeby Jowien Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 2:08

» Yakut does not give a dialog pt.2
STALKERSOUP keeps crashing non-stop Icon_minitimeby SPEC Sat 13 Apr 2024 - 15:32

» Is StalkerSoup completed?
STALKERSOUP keeps crashing non-stop Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:05

» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
STALKERSOUP keeps crashing non-stop Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:03

» Sakharov wont talk to me
STALKERSOUP keeps crashing non-stop Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 19:37

» All the Database files
STALKERSOUP keeps crashing non-stop Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:19

» What to do after Fly's rescue?
STALKERSOUP keeps crashing non-stop Icon_minitimeby TrueB Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 11:28

» Game crashes while on load screens
STALKERSOUP keeps crashing non-stop Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 22:26

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user
Statistics
We have 1749 registered users
The newest registered user is digitalaxon

Our users have posted a total of 12536 messages in 1748 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

STALKERSOUP keeps crashing non-stop

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Swilc Sans
Novice
Swilc Sans

STALKERSOUP keeps crashing non-stop Empty
PostSubject: STALKERSOUP keeps crashing non-stop   STALKERSOUP keeps crashing non-stop Icon_minitimeSun 27 Nov 2022 - 15:49

This is a more recent problem that I have. Basically it crashes A LOT, and by a lot I mean almost after every single transition. I used to just ignore it an reboot the game and everything would work wonders until it crashed again, but the time interval then was way better than now. Is there any way to fix this, for example do I need to delete some saves because the space is overloaded perhaps?

And a bonus question: I got the Gold Ingot that Vitamin gives you after the Warlab, well I stashed it, went to Rostok and came back to go and take Viktor to the Warlab, but on my way I noticed that every single Freedomer is hostile now, did the ingot reset my reputation with them, because I used to be friends with all of them, same with Duty. Any help wiht this too would be appreciated.

Update: I can't even load any of my 5 most recent saves, all of them crash.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: STALKERSOUP keeps crashing non-stop   STALKERSOUP keeps crashing non-stop Icon_minitimeSun 27 Nov 2022 - 18:29

Is there  a Fatal Error message at the very end of your log file after a crash?
(STALKERSOUP\_appdata_\logs\xray_<yourname>.log)

This is not really my area, but if it is happening at transitions it could be a problem with the autosave not working. And yes, that could indicate too many save games in the folder. I keep an archive folder for my older save games and periodically move all but the latest saves to that folder. That way it keeps my main save game folder reasonably empty, but I can go back to an earlier game if I need to.

-----

I haven't had any problems with the Freedom gold bar - other than sometimes forgetting that I have it, and then wondering why Duty are attacking me! Where did you stash it? I always stash it inside the Freedom base. Just guessing here, but it is possible that leaving it elsewhere might make them think you don't want their friendship.

The correct (in-game) way to restore your reputation with a normally-friendly faction is to ask Sidorovich "How can I get on better terms with a faction?". Be warned, however, his services aren't cheap (250k).

Alternatively you could try the [ESC]+[F] 'Attitude' menu. Enter freedom and click on [Set friend] and it should reset your reputation with Freedom to neutral.
Back to top Go down
Swilc Sans
Novice
Swilc Sans

PostSubject: Re: STALKERSOUP keeps crashing non-stop   STALKERSOUP keeps crashing non-stop Icon_minitimeSun 27 Nov 2022 - 18:34

Previous post:
Yes there is, here:

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression    : fatal error
[error]Function      : CScriptEngine::lua_error
[error]File          : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xr_3da\xrGame\script_engine.cpp
[error]Line          : 73
[error]Description   : <no expression>
[error]Arguments     : LUA error: ...kirsoup\stalkersoup\gamedata\scripts\xr_logic.script:1418: attempt to index field 'actor' (a nil value)

stack trace:
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: STALKERSOUP keeps crashing non-stop   STALKERSOUP keeps crashing non-stop Icon_minitimeSun 27 Nov 2022 - 20:03

Hmm. Sorry Swilc Sans, That doesn't tell me anything helpful - but as I have said before, I am not a programmer.

If clearing out your save game folder doesn't help, and unless anyone else can offer a better suggestion, I think your options are to go back to an earlier save where the error wasn't happening and play on from there, or send a save game with an explanation of the problem to aleks1970 (adoler{at}gmail.com) and hopefully he will be able to figure out what is wrong.

Last edited by pchester on Mon 28 Nov 2022 - 0:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Swilc Sans
Novice
Swilc Sans

PostSubject: Re: STALKERSOUP keeps crashing non-stop   STALKERSOUP keeps crashing non-stop Icon_minitimeSun 27 Nov 2022 - 20:43

pchester wrote:
Hmm. Sorry Swilc Sans, That doesn't tell me anything helpful - but I have said before, I am not a programmer.

If clearing out your save game folder doesn't help, and unless anyone else can offer a better suggestion, I think your options are to go back to an earlier save where the error wasn't happening and play on from there, or send a save game with an explanation of the problem to aleks1970 (adoler{at}gmail.com) and hopefully he will be able to figure out what is wrong.
No problem man, you've already helped me out enough.
Back to top Go down
Kwag_Myers
Novice
Kwag_Myers

PostSubject: Re: STALKERSOUP keeps crashing non-stop   STALKERSOUP keeps crashing non-stop Icon_minitimeSun 27 Nov 2022 - 22:53

I sometimes get CTD when my saves folder gets too full. Try copying your saves to another folder and delete about half the older files.
Back to top Go down
https://kwagmyers.github.io/Walkthroughs/index.html
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STALKERSOUP keeps crashing non-stop   STALKERSOUP keeps crashing non-stop Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

STALKERSOUP keeps crashing non-stop
Page 1 of 1