StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Starting directly at collector mode
Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeby Fofyhead Today at 1:01

» First Person Weapon Models and Strelok AK Texture
Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeby TrueB Yesterday at 19:10

» Is StalkerSoup completed?
Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Tue 30 Apr 2024 - 2:48

» A walk through StalkerSoup...
Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeby Jowien Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 2:08

» Yakut does not give a dialog pt.2
Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeby SPEC Sat 13 Apr 2024 - 15:32

» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:03

» Sakharov wont talk to me
Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 19:37

» All the Database files
Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:19

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
ataberk222
Crash on launching... I_vote_lcapCrash on launching... I_voting_barCrash on launching... I_vote_rcap 
TrueB
Crash on launching... I_vote_lcapCrash on launching... I_voting_barCrash on launching... I_vote_rcap 
Fofyhead
Statistics
We have 1750 registered users
The newest registered user is atst1

Our users have posted a total of 12544 messages in 1750 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Crash on launching...

Go down 
+4
Dr_Sztychowka
pchester
Iceddeadmeat
wera
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
wera
Novice

Crash on launching... Empty
PostSubject: Crash on launching...   Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeSun 7 Apr 2019 - 22:23

As soon as i launch the game i get a crash.

"XR_3DA.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "D:\stalker series\STALKERSOUP\bin\xrCore.dll" at 0023:00B3000E"
Log file:
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Crash on launching...   Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeMon 8 Apr 2019 - 0:50

wera wrote:

"XR_3DA.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "D:\stalker series\STALKERSOUP\bin\xrCore.dll" at 0023:00B3000E"

1. Windows 7 or 10?

2. The game may not like the space in your 'stalker series' folder name

3. Did you follow the Installation Help guide?
Back to top Go down
wera
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Crash on launching...   Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeTue 9 Apr 2019 - 0:43

Sword2012 wrote:
wera wrote:

1. Windows 7 or 10?

2. The game may not like the space in your 'stalker series' folder name

3. Did you follow the Installation Help guide?
Possibly the space i made a dedicated "STALKERSOUP" folder and reinstalled all is well now.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Crash on launching...   Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeTue 9 Apr 2019 - 0:53

wera wrote:
Above post:
Possibly the space i made a dedicated "STALKERSOUP" folder and reinstalled all is well now.

Excellent. Thanks for the feedback Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Iceddeadmeat
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Crash on launching...   Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jun 2019 - 22:00

Hi Guys, I just did a clean install of stalkersoup on windows 10.
Uninstalled the old game first and ran CClean. Loaded it to my "D" partition and ran the update that's with the install. I've been getting a crash on load everytime. (also ran it before the update and same thing. Here is the log.

Log file:
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Crash on launching...   Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jun 2019 - 22:11

Hi Iceddeadmeat,

I think you have posted the wrong log file. This one is for a Steam installation of Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl. The Stalkersoup log file is in Stalkersoup\_appdata_\logs.

Back to top Go down
Iceddeadmeat
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Crash on launching...   Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jun 2019 - 23:24

Woops I feel like a complete noob!!!  This might work a little better !
'
Log file:
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Crash on launching...   Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jun 2019 - 23:34

Iceddeadmeat wrote:

Hi Iceddeadmeat

Your game should not be installed to the 'program files (x86)' folder

Here's a guide to installing the game with Windows 10

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Crash on Launch   Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jun 2019 - 7:08

Iceddeadmeat wrote:
'
Log file:
Stalkersoup is a standalonegame so does not use the Shadow of Chernobyl disc at all. This is why it needs to be loaded as per Sword2012's instructions. There are also shader files needed, if these haven't been added to Sword2012's instructions, they can be obtained from aleks1970.

Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Crash on launching...   Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jun 2019 - 13:21

Iceddeadmeat wrote:

Sorry, I should also have added that the game does not recognise folders with spaces in their name

As such, it will note a folder named 'program files (x86)' as 'programfiles(x86)' in the installation route, but when it looks for that folder at the start of the game this folder won't exist, causing a crash

Please ensure there are no spaces in the names of any installation folder, as in the problem posted by wera above
Back to top Go down
Iceddeadmeat
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Crash on launching...   Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jun 2019 - 17:58

Hi guys back again, dumped everything, did a new download from moddb, created a "Game" file in D: unpacked and then loaded it into that file. Ran Ccleaner, still crashing? Don't know what is going on? I had the game in D:pro86 for a couple years and no problems except for the occasional crash.

* CPU Features: RDTSC, MMX, SSE, SSE2

Initializing File System...
using fs-ltx fsgame.ltx
--found external arch mp_military_2.xdb0
FS: 57149 files cached, 7716Kb memory used.
Init FileSystem 1.418804 sec
'xrCore' build 3312, Feb 27 2008

Initializing Engine...
Executing config-script "user.ltx"...
[d:\games\stalkersoup\_appdata_\user.ltx] successfully loaded.
Starting INPUT device...
Loading DLL: xrRender_R2.dll
Loading DLL: xrGame.dll
stack trace:

0023:00D5000E xrCore.dll
0023:00C1CE47 xrCore.dll, xrDebug::fail()

[error][ 126] : The specified module could not be found.

Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Crash on launching...   Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jun 2019 - 19:34

Iceddeadmeat wrote:
Hi guys back again, dumped everything, did a new download from moddb, created a "Game" file in D: unpacked and then loaded it into that file. Ran Ccleaner, still crashing? Don't know what is going on?  I had the game in D:pro86 for a couple years and no problems except for the occasional crash

Your installation path is much better, but have you followed the Installation Guide to the letter, especially the section on Windows 10?

You'll need to completely uninstall every trace of the recent faulty installation and all previous installations, run CCleaner, even do a manual registry check for 'stalkersoup' entries if necessary, restart your PC, and then follow the instructions
Back to top Go down
Iceddeadmeat
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Crash on launching...   Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jun 2019 - 20:54

I finally got it to run! Thanks for all the help you guys gave me!

Edit:
Disregard last post. I uninstalled, ran Ccleaner, went through manually and picked out anything I could find! Dumped everything and downloaded again from Mega. Loaded it per the guide and I'm still getting this:

'

using fs-ltx fsgame.ltx
FS: 58879 files cached, 7924Kb memory used.
Init FileSystem 1.440667 sec

Initializing Engine...
[d:\games\stalkersoup\_appdata_\user.ltx] successfully loaded.
Starting INPUT device...
stack trace:

0023:01C1000E xrCore.dll
0023:01ADCE47 xrCore.dll, xrDebug::fail()

Help! don't have clue why it's crashing when I try to load the game?
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Crash   Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jun 2019 - 3:37

Iceddeadmeat wrote:
Previous post:
You could try putting it into a D:\stalkersoup\  and leave out "games" folder. Sometimes causes are external such as program upgrades. Some graphic card programs enable temporary closure of unnecessary programs and their notifications. 
When following Sword's instructions for installation, starting the game in direct X9 can help.
When and if you reach the point of meeting Astrologer, try saving, quitting the game to Windows, and restarting.
Ensure you have Alex1970 shader fix.
Using an internal SSD drive works best.
Regards, TrueB

Administrator Founder
Aleks1970

PostSubject: Re: Crash on launching...   Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jun 2019 - 23:08

Iceddeadmeat wrote:
stack trace:

0023:01C1000E xrCore.dll
0023:01ADCE47 xrCore.dll, xrDebug::fail()

Help! don't have clue why it's crashing when I try to load the game?

It seems that xrGame.dll file were not find!?
Check if you have the file in your game 'bin' folders.
You can also try to instal the latest patch from here:
P.S. Maybe your security program delets the file along the installation process!?
Back to top Go down
https://stalkersoup.forumotion.com
Iceddeadmeat
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Crash on launching...   Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jun 2019 - 3:01

Hi, Aleks. yes I checked and xrgame.dll is there. I even tried a download from moddb and loaded with the same results? I wonder which security program in win.10 might be doing that?
Also a quick question, is there a better program than Ccleaner for getting rid of hangers on?
Anyway I've never had this much trouble in the past loading Stalkersoup!
Is there anybody else out there with win.10 that had these problems loading the game and what was done the fix it?
Thanks

EDIT: Ps. For some reason back when I loaded a older version, "1.0.9981" I was able to run that game?
Just some food for thought?
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Crash on launching...   Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jun 2019 - 11:12

Iceddeadmeat wrote:
Also a quick question, is there a better program than Ccleaner for getting rid of hangers on?

Is there anybody else out there with win.10 that had these problems loading the game and what was done the fix it?

The registry cleaner within CCleaner works well, and I also use the registry cleaner from Glary Utilities, but a line by line manual search for 'StalkerSoup' would be the best way to go if you're still having problems

Every post on the forum that includes how someone fixed their Windows 7 or 10 problem gets included in the next version of the Installation Help Guide

Here's a pre-release version containing all the latest tips, which will be fully updated once 1.10019 comes out

Back to top Go down
Iceddeadmeat
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Crash on launching...   Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jun 2019 - 22:19

Hi guys I'm back again. I reset my machine, dumped everything I had. Redownloaded from Mega. Checked Regedit, and found "XR_3DA.EXE hiding there. Deleted it. ran a registry check with Ccleaner.
Checked my files, tried to open the game and got this;
Log file:

EDIT: I just had a thought, it might be nothing ; I have a old copy of stalker shoc on my 'D" partition as well, could that be causing problems?
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Crash on launching...   Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jun 2019 - 22:37

Iceddeadmeat wrote:
Hi guys I'm back again. I reset my machine, dumped everything I had. Redownloaded from Mega. Checked Regedit, and found "XR_3DA.EXE hiding there. Deleted it. ran a registry check with Ccleaner.
Checked my files, tried to open the game and got this;
Log file:

Hi Iceddeadmeat

Looks like you've got your StalkerSoup folder installed inside another folder named 'StalkerSoup', so the game can't find it  No

Time to delete everything and reinstall again, I'm afraid, but the Installation Help Guide does warn against this as it's easy to do...

Last edited by Sword2012 on Thu 27 Jun 2019 - 22:58; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Iceddeadmeat
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Crash on launching...   Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jun 2019 - 22:40

K I'll try that thanks Sword!
Back to top Go down
Iceddeadmeat
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Crash on launching...   Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jun 2019 - 0:58

using fs-ltx fsgame.ltx
FS: 57208 files cached, 7443Kb memory used.
Init FileSystem 2.005972 sec

Initializing Engine...
[d:\stalkersoup\_appdata_\user.ltx] successfully loaded.
Starting INPUT device...

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : hGame
[error]Function : CEngineAPI::Initialize
[error]File : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xr_3da\EngineAPI.cpp
[error]Line : 67
[error]Description : Game DLL raised exception during loading or there is no game DLL at all

stack trace:
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Crash on launching...   Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jun 2019 - 1:10

Iceddeadmeat wrote:
Previous post:

Hi Iceddeadmeat

Are you following the instructions in the Guide to the letter? Have you validated all the files? Are you carrying out all the tests along the way? If you are, at what point in the procedure are you getting this problem, please?
Back to top Go down
Iceddeadmeat
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Crash on launching...   Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jun 2019 - 17:47

Hi Sword, I dumped all my downloads,( and files) did a registry scan with Ccleaner, checked in regeditor for some residuals and redownloaded from Mega. Downloaded the files one at a time to megasync download folder.
Verified all files. Loaded the game then checked if I had all 45 files. Then tried to load the game from desk top shortcut with the same results as before?
I went back to the game file and was going to try to take ownership of the file, ( the instructions are a bit confusing for a noob like me) Any suggestions?
I did a drop down to properties and tried to do it from there don't know if that is right or wrong?
I'm running: Win.10, 8 gigs ram, AMD A8-5500 Apu with Radon HD graphics card, with a 64bitx64 processor.

EDIT: I pulled up instructions on how to take ownership of a file. followed these instructions, tried to run the game again, still crashing??
I have never had this much trouble loading this game in the past, what am I missing??
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Crash on launching...   Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jun 2019 - 19:13

Iceddeadmeat wrote:
I have never had this much trouble loading this game in the past, what am I missing??

Having completed testing at each stage along the way, at which point in the Installation instructions are you starting to have problems, please?

And are you using the 1.10018b version of the instructions, just so we're (literally) on the same page?
Back to top Go down
Iceddeadmeat
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Crash on launching...   Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jun 2019 - 20:39

It says guide for 1.10017a
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Crash on launching...   Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeSat 29 Jun 2019 - 21:26

Iceddeadmeat wrote:
It says guide for 1.10017a

Okay. If it's a PDF from ModDB, then it's been superceded by this one

Although it's a Beta version in Word, waiting for the 1.10019 patch, it contains far more info on Windows 10 and other contributions from members of this forum

Clean everything out, then start from scratch. Don't jump ahead, follow every instruction to the letter, and let us know what happens. If it crashes, or is unstable, let us know at which testing stage in the instructions you're at...
Back to top Go down
Iceddeadmeat
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Crash on launching...   Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jun 2019 - 0:35

Hi Sword, using the right installation guide, and loading "Visual C++ Redistributable and XNA Framework Redistributable", did the trick! I thought I was up to date with some of that stuff but apparently not , a total noob move on my part!! I was getting frustrated as well and I'm sure that didn't help! Thanks for hanging in there with me! and thanks for this awesome game !
Good hunting Stalker
Iceddeadmeat
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Crash on launching...   Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jun 2019 - 1:50

Iceddeadmeat wrote:
Previous post:

Thanks for the positive feedback, my friend. I'm very glad you got there in the end... cheers
Back to top Go down
Iceddeadmeat
Experienced

PostSubject: Re: Crash on launching...   Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeThu 4 Jul 2019 - 16:48

I'm getting a a lot of ctd's in the Dvalley? A few here and there but mostly in the Dark Valley during transitions. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Crash on launching...   Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeThu 4 Jul 2019 - 17:37

Iceddeadmeat wrote:
I'm getting a a lot of ctd's in the Dvalley? A few here and there but mostly in the Dark Valley during transitions. Any ideas?

This isn't unusual, I'm afraid. Dark Valley has been a known problem area for some time. I usually get a CTD whenever I leave DV for any destination. The only solution at present is to restart your game and load the transition Autosave. Fortunately the autosave is usually good.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Crash on launch   Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeFri 5 Jul 2019 - 3:30

pchester wrote:
Iceddeadmeat wrote:

This isn't unusual, I'm afraid. Dark Valley has been a known problem area for some time. I usually get a CTD whenever I leave DV for any destination. The only solution at present is to restart your game and load the transition Autosave. Fortunately the autosave is usually good.
Sometimes pressing Esc takes the Game to desktop, sometimes signing out is needed by me. For some unknown reason using Windows 10 Pro 1609 version, rebooting takes my pc a lot longer that signing out and back in. In Level 1, Waiting Room has similar problems to Dark Valley.
With Dark Valley post the first mission, as there are several more, if Gamers amass several missions before going again, this saves on reloads.

Novice

PostSubject: Re: Crash on launching...   Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2020 - 21:39

Hi. I installed stalker soup and got an error:XR_3DA.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "D:\program files\STALKERSOUP\bin\xrCore.dll" at 0023:00B0000E. I asked on a polish forum for help and they told me to uninstall the game from program files on my D hard drive and install it on D drive without any folders except the STALKERSOUP one. I uninstalled the game and tried to install it back on my D hard drive. But there is one problem, i uninstalled all the game files(except the downloaded ones) and the install menu was saying that i have the game installed, there are 4 options: launch STALKERSOUP configurator, repair/reset, uninstall, exit. I first tried uninstall button but when i clicked it, the installer closed and nothing happened. Then i tried the repair/reset and a part of installation screen poped up and i selected these options that i had earlier and then my game has started to install. But i wanted to install this into my D drive but there was no option to select where it should install. The guy on that polish forum said that i can move the file to my D drive and see if it will launch. Nothing has changed.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Crash on launching...   Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2020 - 23:29

Hi Dr_Sztychowka

You'll need to manually delete every StalkerSoup file you've installed, then run a registry cleaner like CCleaner to get rid of every remaining registry entry that connects the game with Windows

Restart your PC, then use 'regedit' to manually remove all leftover registry entries named 'StalkerSoup'

Restart your PC again, and follow the step by step installation instructions [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Dr_Sztychowka
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Crash on launching...   Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2020 - 13:17

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thanks for the help, i will.
Back to top Go down
Dr_Sztychowka
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Crash on launching...   Crash on launching... Icon_minitimeSat 30 May 2020 - 18:07

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I uninstalled all the game files succesfuly and installed the game on my D hard drive too but that did nothing i get the exact same error but with diffrent path.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crash on launching...   Crash on launching... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crash on launching...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next