StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Starting directly at collector mode
Latest Walkthrough guides 1 & 2 Icon_minitimeby pchester Yesterday at 13:12

» First Person Weapon Models and Strelok AK Texture
Latest Walkthrough guides 1 & 2 Icon_minitimeby TrueB Mon 6 May 2024 - 19:10

» Is StalkerSoup completed?
Latest Walkthrough guides 1 & 2 Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Tue 30 Apr 2024 - 2:48

» A walk through StalkerSoup...
Latest Walkthrough guides 1 & 2 Icon_minitimeby Jowien Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 2:08

» Yakut does not give a dialog pt.2
Latest Walkthrough guides 1 & 2 Icon_minitimeby SPEC Sat 13 Apr 2024 - 15:32

» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
Latest Walkthrough guides 1 & 2 Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:03

» Sakharov wont talk to me
Latest Walkthrough guides 1 & 2 Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 19:37

» All the Database files
Latest Walkthrough guides 1 & 2 Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:19

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
pchester
Latest Walkthrough guides 1 & 2 I_vote_lcapLatest Walkthrough guides 1 & 2 I_voting_barLatest Walkthrough guides 1 & 2 I_vote_rcap 
TrueB
Latest Walkthrough guides 1 & 2 I_vote_lcapLatest Walkthrough guides 1 & 2 I_voting_barLatest Walkthrough guides 1 & 2 I_vote_rcap 
Fofyhead
ataberk222
Statistics
We have 1750 registered users
The newest registered user is atst1

Our users have posted a total of 12545 messages in 1750 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Latest Walkthrough guides 1 & 2

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TrueB
Master

Latest Walkthrough guides 1 & 2 Empty
PostSubject: Latest Walkthrough guides 1 & 2   Latest Walkthrough guides 1 & 2 Icon_minitimeFri 3 Apr 2020 - 17:15

Hi, in the latest walkthru guides there are hyperlinks in the contents, but not all pdf readers can open them.
Adobe Acrobat Reader can.
Once opened in Adobe they remain in its records, so are easy to find.
Getting them to work direct from desktop needs them to be initially open by Adobe, as other pdf readers are difficult to replace once activated.

Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Latest Walkthrough guides 1 & 2   Latest Walkthrough guides 1 & 2 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Apr 2020 - 14:55

Previous post:
Hi TrueB

To ensure that all PDFs in future are opened by Adobe Reader (or whichever other PDF reader you prefer)

Right click on any PDF and choose 'Open with', then 'Choose default programme'

Choose Adobe Reader (or whichever), and check the box 'Always use the selected programme to open this kind of file

Click OK, and whichever PDF reader you selected will become your default  Wink
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Latest Walkthru Guides 1 & 2   Latest Walkthrough guides 1 & 2 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Apr 2020 - 17:52

Previous post:

Hi Sword, thanks. The suggestion for Adobe, is only because the writer of the walkthrus, very kindly put hyperlinks under the Contents' headers. But whilst Adobe Reader does work with the Walkthrough author's contents, not all do. Also Adobe includes a search option.
I was trying the hyperlinks with another pdf program but it didn't recognise the blue underlines as hyperlinks, whereas, I eventually found Adobe's Reader does. It also holds the document opened, in its 'memory' for going back to it. I put it in because it was helpful to me and imo will be useful for other players to know. All the Best, TrueB.

Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Latest Walkthrough guides 1 & 2   Latest Walkthrough guides 1 & 2 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Apr 2020 - 12:35

Hi TrueB,
If you are talking about my walkthroughs, the documents and their hyperlinks were converted from MS Word Bookmarks using the industry standard Adobe Acrobat, so they are standard PDFs. I have tested them in a variety of free PDF readers (Acrobat Reader, Foxit Reader, Javelin Reader and SumatraPDF) and also by direct-dragging the PDF files onto Firefox and Chrome browsers. The links work for me in all cases. Sorry, I don't know why they don't work for you, but at least you are able to use Acrobat.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Latest Walkthrough Guides 1 & 2   Latest Walkthrough guides 1 & 2 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Apr 2020 - 13:33

Previous post:

Thanks pchester. As you say I have got Adobe. I see there is an option to select which reader is used. Maybe it is because I use a tablet PC for all non-volume attachment emails, so use a stylus to click on your useful URLs.
Anyway it is good news that they work for others, and reassuring should I access on my laptop. For I was unable to access on my Tab pc. I didn't identify you as author of your brilliant guides, simply because I understand that players names are not to be mentioned in comments.

PostSubject: Re: Latest Walkthrough guides 1 & 2   Latest Walkthrough guides 1 & 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Latest Walkthrough guides 1 & 2
Page 1 of 1