StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Starting directly at collector mode
Sid's Special Mission to steal docs from the Mil base Icon_minitimeby pchester Tue 7 May 2024 - 13:12

» First Person Weapon Models and Strelok AK Texture
Sid's Special Mission to steal docs from the Mil base Icon_minitimeby TrueB Mon 6 May 2024 - 19:10

» Is StalkerSoup completed?
Sid's Special Mission to steal docs from the Mil base Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Tue 30 Apr 2024 - 2:48

» A walk through StalkerSoup...
Sid's Special Mission to steal docs from the Mil base Icon_minitimeby Jowien Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 2:08

» Yakut does not give a dialog pt.2
Sid's Special Mission to steal docs from the Mil base Icon_minitimeby SPEC Sat 13 Apr 2024 - 15:32

» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
Sid's Special Mission to steal docs from the Mil base Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:03

» Sakharov wont talk to me
Sid's Special Mission to steal docs from the Mil base Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 19:37

» All the Database files
Sid's Special Mission to steal docs from the Mil base Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:19

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
Fofyhead
Sid's Special Mission to steal docs from the Mil base I_vote_lcapSid's Special Mission to steal docs from the Mil base I_voting_barSid's Special Mission to steal docs from the Mil base I_vote_rcap 
ataberk222
Sid's Special Mission to steal docs from the Mil base I_vote_lcapSid's Special Mission to steal docs from the Mil base I_voting_barSid's Special Mission to steal docs from the Mil base I_vote_rcap 
pchester
TrueB
Statistics
We have 1750 registered users
The newest registered user is atst1

Our users have posted a total of 12545 messages in 1750 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Sid's Special Mission to steal docs from the Mil base

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pchester
Administrator
pchester

Sid's Special Mission to steal docs from the Mil base Empty
PostSubject: Sid's Special Mission to steal docs from the Mil base   Sid's Special Mission to steal docs from the Mil base Icon_minitimeSat 14 Apr 2018 - 11:14

Sid's second Special Mission for MO has been changed, but the dialogue is still the original.

In the original task, you had to sneak in to the base without being detected. A "Find the military armor" task opened and then completed immediately. Aleks has now reinstated the missing part of the task, which now involves finding a special military suit (Berill-5M) so MO can enter the base in disguise. (Kuznetsov sells the Berill-5M.)

In stable_dialogs_escape.xml:
Back to top Go down
Kwag_Myers
Novice
Kwag_Myers

PostSubject: Re: Sid's Special Mission to steal docs from the Mil base   Sid's Special Mission to steal docs from the Mil base Icon_minitimeSat 8 Oct 2022 - 3:09

I realize this is an old thread, but didn't want to start another one unless I had to. I'm having trouble with this task. I have the Berill-5M from Kuznetsov and it's in top condition. When I drive down the road toward the base in the military Uaz from Sidorovich, they fire on me. I've tried rolling back a save or two, but get the same results.
Back to top Go down
https://kwagmyers.github.io/Walkthroughs/index.html
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Sid's Special Mission to steal docs from the Mil base   Sid's Special Mission to steal docs from the Mil base Icon_minitimeSat 8 Oct 2022 - 13:16

Is it the BTR firing or the soldiers? In my experience the BTRs (there is a second one in the valley to the right of the outpost) are almost always hostile, or turn hostile soon after I arrive. I try to destroy them before taking Sid's mission so they don't get in the way. The soldiers shouldn't be hostile if you are wearing any undamaged military uniform (the SKAT9 from Agroprom also works if undamaged).

If reloading an earlier save doesn't work, you may need to cheat...

Unfortunately the faction repair menu (ESC+F) doesn't seem to work with the Military, so you may need to switch on "God Mode" and try to ignore them while you pick up the items you need. I don't think Sid minds as long as you don't kill any soldiers during the mission. (It doesn't matter it they kill each other!)

You could also try killing all the soldiers before taking the mission. I don't know if that would work, but you wouldn't be killing anyone during the mission and you could loot in peace!

Don't forget to pick up the two documents (artefact recipes) and the circuit boards for Lanky if you have that task, before picking up the case for Sid.
Back to top Go down
Kwag_Myers
Novice
Kwag_Myers

PostSubject: Re: Sid's Special Mission to steal docs from the Mil base   Sid's Special Mission to steal docs from the Mil base Icon_minitimeSat 8 Oct 2022 - 15:52

Thanks for the reply. It's both BTRs and soldiers. Seems odd to give you task instructions with little-to-no chance of completing them. I may try the traditional covert approach after dark.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Sid's Special Mission to steal docs from the Mil base   Sid's Special Mission to steal docs from the Mil base Icon_minitimeSat 8 Oct 2022 - 17:03

Kwag_Myers wrote:
Seems odd to give you task instructions with little-to-no chance of completing them. I may try the traditional covert approach after dark.

Well, not if Sid's trying it on, now that he's got a new expendable runner who looks like he can take care of himself..

He would have known that stealing confidential documents from a military base was never going to be easy, so giving you a false sense of hope by donning a military uniform is Sid's modus operandi for getting what he wants...  Twisted Evil

If he'd told you the truth, would you have taken on the mission?  affraid
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Sid's Special Mission to steal docs from the Mil base   Sid's Special Mission to steal docs from the Mil base Icon_minitimeSat 8 Oct 2022 - 23:47

Kwag_Myers wrote:
Thanks for the reply. It's both BTRs and soldiers. Seems odd to give you task instructions with little-to-no chance of completing them. I may try the traditional covert approach after dark.

Sid's instructions did work in the past, but the latest patch may have changed that - intentionally or otherwise.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Sid's special mission to steal docs from the mil base   Sid's Special Mission to steal docs from the Mil base Icon_minitimeMon 10 Oct 2022 - 9:26

pchester wrote:
Kwag_Myers wrote:

Sid's instructions did work in the past, but the latest patch may have changed that - intentionally or otherwise.
I found that regardless of my MO sneaking in, in the latest game, Sid still gave the mission re the suit and car. I find if MO grabs the car and gets going for Sid's mission and keeps off road until after the little bridge/culvert by the Rookie Village and straight down the road so avoiding the minefield he can run in, grab the case and hopefully be back to the Village before any shots are fired. In TB3D Modders.Script the response time of the A0Cs can be slowed thus allowing the getaway.
Back to top Go down
Kwag_Myers
Novice
Kwag_Myers

PostSubject: Re: Sid's Special Mission to steal docs from the Mil base   Sid's Special Mission to steal docs from the Mil base Icon_minitimeWed 12 Oct 2022 - 2:58

That was not the case for me. The BTR would open up on me as soon as I came down the hill. Soldiers were firing at me, too. I waited until about 01:00, jumped the fence by the outhouse, walked in, picked up the case, and used the stairs to the guard tower in the southwest corner to get back over the fence. Easy-peasy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sid's Special Mission to steal docs from the Mil base   Sid's Special Mission to steal docs from the Mil base Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sid's Special Mission to steal docs from the Mil base
Page 1 of 1