StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» First Person Weapon Models and Strelok AK Texture
A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician Icon_minitimeby TrueB Today at 19:10

» Is StalkerSoup completed?
A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Tue 30 Apr 2024 - 2:48

» A walk through StalkerSoup...
A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician Icon_minitimeby Jowien Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 2:08

» Yakut does not give a dialog pt.2
A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician Icon_minitimeby SPEC Sat 13 Apr 2024 - 15:32

» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:03

» Sakharov wont talk to me
A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 19:37

» All the Database files
A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:19

» What to do after Fly's rescue?
A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician Icon_minitimeby TrueB Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 11:28

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
TrueB
A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician I_vote_lcapA small problem with repairing weapons at the technician I_voting_barA small problem with repairing weapons at the technician I_vote_rcap 
ataberk222
A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician I_vote_lcapA small problem with repairing weapons at the technician I_voting_barA small problem with repairing weapons at the technician I_vote_rcap 
Statistics
We have 1750 registered users
The newest registered user is atst1

Our users have posted a total of 12543 messages in 1749 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ued1945
Novice

A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician Empty
PostSubject: A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician   A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician Icon_minitimeSat 6 May 2023 - 18:53

I would like to ask you all, soup when you can repair weapons at the mechanic without the same weapon, I think this setting is very irrelevant to reality.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician   A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician Icon_minitimeSat 6 May 2023 - 23:52

ued1945 wrote:
I would like to ask you all, soup when you can repair weapons at the mechanic without the same weapon, I think this setting is very irrelevant to reality.

You don't need the same weapon - just a similar weapon made by the same manufacturer, as spare parts are hard to come by in the Zone. For this, you should have received a weapons compatibility list from Sid, which should be in your PDA 

Later on, however, once you acquire a weapons/armor repair kit, you'll be able to do the job yourself - which is a lot more satisfying than paying someone else to do it...  Wink

VodkaMartiniSNS likes this post

Back to top Go down
ued1945
Novice

PostSubject: Re: A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician   A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician Icon_minitimeSun 7 May 2023 - 3:56

Sword2012 wrote:
ued1945 wrote:

You don't need the same weapon - just a similar weapon made by the same manufacturer, as spare parts are hard to come by in the Zone. For this, you should have received a weapons compatibility list from Sid, which should be in your PDA 

Later on, however, once you acquire a weapons/armor repair kit, you'll be able to do the job yourself - which is a lot more satisfying than paying someone else to do it...  Wink
I'm very sorry sir, what I meant was whether it is possible to simply pay rubles when the mechanic repairs, I always feel when playing the mod that it is relatively unreasonable for the mechanic to still need another weapon to repair, if it is a personal repair it is reasonable. Of course, this is my own opinion, can you please answer it, sir. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician   A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician Icon_minitimeTue 9 May 2023 - 18:03

ued1945 wrote:
I'm very sorry sir, what I meant was whether it is possible to simply pay rubles when the mechanic repairs, I always feel when playing the mod that it is relatively unreasonable for the mechanic to still need another weapon to repair, if it is a personal repair it is reasonable. Of course, this is my own opinion, can you please answer it, sir. Thank you!

I apologise for being unclear, and I'll expand on what I said earlier

When you first enter the Zone, most of those you'll meet, including the traders, will be rookies on the Zone's periphery

The Zone is a restricted area, and it's very difficult to bring goods in and out. So everyone has to make do with what's already there

Those who are good at fixing things (the techies) will be happy to repair a weapon or body armor for you, but you'll need to supply them with spare parts to do the job for you (as well as cash!)

On the periphery, spare parts for almost anything are unavailable, so you'll need to bring in a similar weapon so that the techie can make one good weapon out of two damaged ones

As you progress further into the Zone, you'll meet traders who have a 'special relationship' with the military, or scientists, or certain factions, and can supply you with equipment unavailable elsewhere - often in exchange for 'favors'

One item you'll acquire along the way (in exchange for doing a dangerous job) will be a professional toolkit which will allow you to do your own weapon and body armor repairs, though you'll still need to buy consumable fabrication kits for it

Once you have this, you'll no longer need to rely on techies nor spare weapons  cheers

The difference is like either taking your car to a garage for servicing, or doing the job yourself because you've got the experience and the right tools...

VodkaMartiniSNS likes this post

Back to top Go down
ued1945
Novice

PostSubject: Re: A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician   A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician Icon_minitimeWed 10 May 2023 - 6:46

Quote :
Previous post:

I understand sir, thank you for your patient answer. I still have some questions that I don't quite understand though, when I play Collector mode. I found that the map does not lead to Pripyat of cop and Jupiter region  and the hulk of the zaton area without merchants. What is the problem? I look forward to your answer, thank you very much!

Edit;
Sorry I meant Pripyat, I had a little trouble remembering the names of places. I apologize for that.

Last edited by ued1945 on Wed 10 May 2023 - 6:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician   A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician Icon_minitimeWed 10 May 2023 - 13:51

ued1945 wrote:
...when I play Collector mode. I found that the map does not lead to Pripyat of cop and Jupiter region  and the hulk of the zaton area without merchants. What is the problem?

Edit;
Sorry I meant Pripyat, I had a little trouble remembering the names of places. I apologize for that.

I'm certain that others will have different answers for your question but, since 1.10019.5, the game has moved on and the whole of Collector mode has now been integrated with the Level 0 storyline

In other words, Collector mode is no longer independent of the main game and, if you play it as it is, it won't make sense

The reason that Zaton, and many other regions, have no merchants is explained in the expanded storyline, and here 
(Warning: Here be spoilers...)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Sword2012 on Thu 11 May 2023 - 10:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ued1945
Novice

PostSubject: Re: A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician   A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician Icon_minitimeWed 10 May 2023 - 14:50

Quote :
Previous post:
Thank you very much for your patience, I have one last question, when I finish level 1 and 2 and complete the project zep, will the originally evacuated traders return to their sites?
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician   A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician Icon_minitimeWed 10 May 2023 - 17:03

ued1945 wrote:

Thank you very much for your patience, I have one last question, when I finish level 1 and 2 and complete the project zep, will the originally evacuated traders return to their sites?

Ah, that's the big question!

This final part of the game, which should complete the story for now, is still in the process of being written and coded

Once that's done, having compiled many of the best mods in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. history into one extensive storyline taking over 200 hours of gameplay, the next stage is to convert it from 32-bit to 64-bit, so that even more can be added  cheers

And then there's further DLC to come...  santa
Back to top Go down
ued1945
Novice

PostSubject: Re: A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician   A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician Icon_minitimeWed 10 May 2023 - 17:22

Quote :
Previous post:
I understand, thank you very much, and I look forward to your updates. I am very impressed as a player who has just passed cs and is preparing to pass soc for you guys to make such achievements. I hope to do better. ps, can I ask how to get to the Jupiter region and East Pripyat?
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician   A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician Icon_minitimeThu 11 May 2023 - 10:10

ued1945 wrote:
can I ask how to get to the Jupiter region and East Pripyat?

Hi ued1945,

Don't worry, you will visit Jupiter, East Pripyat and other new areas as you follow the Collector quests.

There is also a task that involves going to East Pripyat. This usually comes in the first section of the game, but I think it is also available if you are just playing Collector. To begin this task you need to ask Syslov (the Clear Sky trader) about 'specialized items' - in particular if he has heard rumours about something called the "Shard".

Good luck...
Back to top Go down
ued1945
Novice

PostSubject: Re: A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician   A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician Icon_minitimeThu 11 May 2023 - 13:55

Quote :
Previous post:
Okay thank you for your answer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician   A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A small problem with repairing weapons at the technician
Page 1 of 1