StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» A walk through StalkerSoup...
StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11 Icon_minitimeby Jowien Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 2:08

» Yakut does not give a dialog pt.2
StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11 Icon_minitimeby SPEC Sat 13 Apr 2024 - 15:32

» Is StalkerSoup completed?
StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11 Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:05

» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11 Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:03

» Sakharov wont talk to me
StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11 Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 19:37

» All the Database files
StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11 Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:19

» What to do after Fly's rescue?
StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11 Icon_minitimeby TrueB Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 11:28

» Game crashes while on load screens
StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11 Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 22:26

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user
Statistics
We have 1749 registered users
The newest registered user is digitalaxon

Our users have posted a total of 12536 messages in 1748 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SerbianStrelok
Novice

StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11 Empty
PostSubject: StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11   StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jan 2023 - 8:38

Hi everyone,

after a long time I've decided to play SSoup again. Last time I went through the whole story, started to gather Kostya cashes, side missions etc. but I was playing this on a PC, with Win 7.

Now I have a laptop with Win 11 Home. I've installed stuff as per required in the installation guide but the very first instance where I need to start the game (step 11, to launch the game after the first installation). The game freezes on the splash image, not even entering the game itself. If I click on it I get that random Win message XR-3DA.exe not responding so I have to kill it.

I went in to see the logs, the first log says only this:

* Detected CPU: AuthenticAMD , F15/M3/S3, 3014.00 mhz, 8-clk 'rdtsc'
* CPU Features: RDTSC, MMX, 3DNow!, SSE, SSE2

Initializing File System...
using fs-ltx fsgame.ltx
--found external arch mp_military_2.xdb0
FS: 119 files cached, 186Kb memory used.
Init FileSystem 0.013033 sec
'xrCore' build 3312, Feb 27 2008

The other one is an empty file.

I assume this is all about Win 11 itself which really makes me sad as I finally have a few hours a day to get myself into this world again (missing that feel of Zone radio while sneaking upon bandits with the upgraded G-36). So any help is highly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11   StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jan 2023 - 10:46

SerbianStrelok wrote:
Hi everyone,

after a long time I've decided to play SSoup again. Last time I went through the whole story, started to gather Kostya cashes, side missions etc. but I was playing this on a PC, with Win 7.

Now I have a laptop with Win 11 Home
Hi SerbianStrelok

Windows 10/11 Home is not as tolerant of the game as the Pro version, and you'll need to grant it some permissions

You'll find these in the Installation Guide on page 1 - Windows 10 Guide

Also, please ensure that you're using the latest version 1.10019.5c version of the Guide

Please let us know how it goes, and if you recommend any changes to the Guide
Back to top Go down
SerbianStrelok
Novice

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11   StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jan 2023 - 12:36

Sword2012 wrote:
SerbianStrelok wrote:
Hi everyone,

Now I have a laptop with Win 11 Home
Hi SerbianStrelok

Windows 10/11 Home is not as tolerant of the game as the Pro version, and you'll need to grant it some permissions

You'll find these in the Installation Guide on page 1 - Windows 10 Guide

Also, please ensure that you're using the latest version 1.10019.5c version of the Guide

Please let us know how it goes, and if you recommend any changes to the Guide
Thanks mate. I did try to follow the instructions there:
1. to take ownership of that whole folder
2. to ensure it's not read-only
So far no luck. I took ownership, files inside are not read only although, for some reason, it keep ticking the whole folder for a read only - but not full tick but half tick. (tried so many options there, manual, automatic, via command shell)

StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11 T32+973PvPyOF+o33zY52Sr4O9ZbD7a5++88475K0D968jz58+bP9UGgP8ferFHBmw5RzYAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

What puzzles me the most is that it wont go past that splash image, wont fire up the engine and create entry in a log.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11   StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jan 2023 - 15:12

Just a few checks:

From where did you download the base files?

Is their file size correct?

Did you check the files using the verifying tool?

What is the installation path for your main STALKERSOUP folder? E.g. D:\Games\STALKERSOUP  

Does this folder contain the correct number of files, according to the Guide?

Do you have all the Visual C++ Redistributable and XNA Framework libraries installed?
Back to top Go down
SerbianStrelok
Novice

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11   StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jan 2023 - 19:52

Sword2012 wrote:
Just a few checks:

From where did you download the base files?

Is their file size correct?

Did you check the files using the verifying tool?

What is the installation path for your main STALKERSOUP folder? E.g. D:\Games\STALKERSOUP  

Does this folder contain the correct number of files, according to the Guide?

Do you have all the Visual C++ Redistributable and XNA Framework libraries installed?
Roger. I have downloaded them following instructions from Moddb, found archive on Google Drive and downloaded files from there. I was using StalkerSoup Installation Guide 1.10019.5c (02 Sept 22), went through all the steps, one by one. Installed C++ Redist and XNA (those 3 versions).

My installation is in D:\SSoup\STALKERSOUP

And yeap, did verifier, checked before the installation. Maybe I should just uninstall and try to install again. I did partitioning of C drive beforehand (had one partition on my SSD) but that shouldn't create any problem for it I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11   StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jan 2023 - 21:39

Yes, it's a good idea to reinstall, following the uninstall instructions in the Guide

Do NOT follow any instructions from ModDB, as these files could be obsolete. Use only the links shown in the Guide to obtain the correct base files

Partitioning of your SSD should be okay, just as long as you don't install to the C:\ drive  Evil or Very Mad

SerbianStrelok likes this post

Back to top Go down
SerbianStrelok
Novice

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11   StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jan 2023 - 23:18

Sword2012 wrote:
Yes, it's a good idea to reinstall, following the uninstall instructions in the Guide

Do NOT follow any instructions from ModDB, as these files could be obsolete. Use only the links shown in the Guide to obtain the correct base files

Partitioning of your SSD should be okay, just as long as you don't install to the C:\ drive  Evil or Very Mad
No luck I'm afraid. This time I've tried to run third option (DX11 Sweet) and got these errors
Graphical error messages:

Last error is also saying I have failed to initialize graphics engine. Could it be that dx12 is making problems? Also, for the first time I have a log as well.
Back to top Go down
SerbianStrelok
Novice

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11   StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jan 2023 - 23:20

Here is the log:

Error log:

I am happy as it shows signs of life at least Smile
Also, it has 47 files and folders, the last install, I gotta uninstall and install again.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11   StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jan 2023 - 12:11

Just checking, but what graphics card do you have in your laptop?
Back to top Go down
Aleks1970
Administrator Founder
Aleks1970

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11   StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11 Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jan 2023 - 12:17

SerbianStrelok wrote:
Here is the log:

Error log:

I am happy as it shows signs of life at least Smile
Also, it has 47 files and folders, the last install, I gotta uninstall and install again.

Please, generate a system snapshot and then
try reinstalling DirectX with this file:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://stalkersoup.forumotion.com
SerbianStrelok
Novice

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11   StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11 Icon_minitimeSat 14 Jan 2023 - 21:35

Hey fellas,

I have tried reinstalling DirectX 9. Still, no luck, all the same. Here are my specs:
StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11 YgHFjGSV7QvAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCStalkerSoup not working on Windows 11 Ak0hxh2zEDgoAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
Still no idea what could cause this, maybe system is using integrated GPU which game does not recognize?

And I am really sorry for spamming you with questions. I really like SSoup, as a matter of fact I have it on another PC, at my parents place and that PC is turned on only when I wanna play it. Now, when I finally got 1 to 2 hours a day for StalkerSoup I am sad that I can't get it up and running Sad
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11   StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11 Icon_minitimeWed 18 Jan 2023 - 22:38

after you launch the game from the launcher (required to start game properly) there should be a user log, please send it to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://tecnobacon.com
Wolf Urine
Experienced
Wolf Urine

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11   StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11 Icon_minitimeWed 21 Feb 2024 - 1:14

Have played Stalkersoup one way or another for a decade or more, most recently 1.00060rev 00190 on Win 11 without issue. 
Have tried three times now for a clean install of the base game ready to update to 1.10019.5d on a new pc with Win 11 without success. 
Downloaded all the files fresh as instructed from the link on this forum and installed on a new pc with Win 11 and with no previous game installed. 
Got to the section in the install guide as follows:
Check your STALKERSOUP folder, and ensure it contains 45 new folders and files. If not, don’t carry on but check you’ve downloaded the correct set of files, uninstall everything, and start again from the top

Well each time I download and install from the links on this site I get 47 folders (including uninstall and update) and files showing in the install directory compared to the 45 quoted above. 

Not sure what gives but the game will not load and CTD's with the following:
XR_3DA.exe caused BREAKPOINT in module 'D:/STALKERSOUP/bin/xrCore.dll' at 0023:00D7CC85, xrDebug::backend0+165byte(s)
It is a pity but after three attempted fresh installs I guess it's time to maybe give up and move on.
After such a long hiatus I'm guessing that future auto updates and further Stalkersoup development, 64 bit, multi play etc that we dreamed of will remain a dream.
Its been a great mod and I want to thank everybody who made it into such a great game.....one of my best all time TBH and it will take some beating............Cheers
Back to top Go down
Aleks1970
Administrator Founder
Aleks1970

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11   StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11 Icon_minitimeFri 23 Feb 2024 - 23:57

Wolf Urine wrote:
Have played Stalkersoup one way or another for a decade or more, most recently 1.00060rev 00190 on Win 11 without issue. 
Have tried three times now for a clean install of the base game ready to update to 1.10019.5d on a new pc with Win 11 without success. 
Downloaded all the files fresh as instructed from the link on this forum and installed on a new pc with Win 11 and with no previous game installed. 
Got to the section in the install guide as follows:
Check your STALKERSOUP folder, and ensure it contains 45 new folders and files. If not, don’t carry on but check you’ve downloaded the correct set of files, uninstall everything, and start again from the top

Well each time I download and install from the links on this site I get 47 folders (including uninstall and update) and files showing in the install directory compared to the 45 quoted above. 

Not sure what gives but the game will not load and CTD's with the following:
XR_3DA.exe caused BREAKPOINT in module 'D:/STALKERSOUP/bin/xrCore.dll' at 0023:00D7CC85, xrDebug::backend0+165byte(s)
............Cheers

Hi! I will need the content of your log file instead!
Back to top Go down
https://stalkersoup.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11   StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

StalkerSoup not working on Windows 11
Page 1 of 1