StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» A walk through StalkerSoup...
Installation Issues - Broken Setup Icon_minitimeby Jowien Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 2:08

» Yakut does not give a dialog pt.2
Installation Issues - Broken Setup Icon_minitimeby SPEC Sat 13 Apr 2024 - 15:32

» Is StalkerSoup completed?
Installation Issues - Broken Setup Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:05

» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
Installation Issues - Broken Setup Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:03

» Sakharov wont talk to me
Installation Issues - Broken Setup Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 19:37

» All the Database files
Installation Issues - Broken Setup Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:19

» What to do after Fly's rescue?
Installation Issues - Broken Setup Icon_minitimeby TrueB Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 11:28

» Game crashes while on load screens
Installation Issues - Broken Setup Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 22:26

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user
Statistics
We have 1749 registered users
The newest registered user is digitalaxon

Our users have posted a total of 12536 messages in 1748 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Installation Issues - Broken Setup

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DrChameleon
Novice

Installation Issues - Broken Setup Empty
PostSubject: Installation Issues - Broken Setup   Installation Issues - Broken Setup Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jul 2022 - 23:25

I install and verify files fine. Setup runs. Pick language. Immediately takes me to the Select Additional Tasks screen. Hit Next. Ready to Install screen and the destination location has been default set to C: drive.

I have deleted every single file I could. Installed CCleaner and Glary Utilities to clean registry. Restarted computer every time to ensure that these changes go through. Uninstalled everything and retried countless times but my setup always skips a bit even when i am sure i got rid of any previous install.

Any help please?
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Installation issues - broken setup    Installation Issues - Broken Setup Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jul 2022 - 1:23

DrChameleon wrote:
I install and verify files fine. Setup runs. Pick language. Immediately takes me to the Select Additional Tasks screen. Hit Next. Ready to Install screen and the destination location has been default set to C: drive.

I have deleted every single file I could. Installed CCleaner and Glary Utilities to clean registry. Restarted computer every time to ensure that these changes go through. Uninstalled everything and retried countless times but my setup always skips a bit even when i am sure i got rid of any previous install.

Any help please?
Hi DrChameleon, in my opinion: Afar as I know it is best if you install Stalkersoup on another internal drive preferably an SSD, and not C: drive; if you only have one drive,  then put it directly in C:\ as Stalkersoup or STALKERSOUP. Of course if you are already installing to another drive, provided you instal exactly according to the download of setup instructions provided obtained via this Forum, it may be worth considering ensuring your antivirus program is not blocking any parts of the program - this has happened to me in the past. Stalkersoup is a Standalone game and though based on the Shadow of Chernobyl S.T.A.L.K.E.R  game should not be loaded as a mod for it or any other of the commercial games, nor other mods - some players may have which is is why I  mention it. Regards TrueB

Last edited by TrueB on Tue 12 Jul 2022 - 1:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Back to top Go down
DrChameleon
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Installation Issues - Broken Setup   Installation Issues - Broken Setup Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jul 2022 - 2:29

TrueB wrote:

Previous post:
I am following the installation guide. My antivirus is disabled. Understand that SS is standalone. Issue is when I run the setup program it skips the part that lets me pick a different installation location. It defaults to the C: drive and then skips to the Ready For Install screen. Read on the forums that this is most likely caused by previous installs of ss, but i have cleared my registry and any stray files i could find. Dont know what I am doing wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Installation Issues - Broken Setup   Installation Issues - Broken Setup Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jul 2022 - 2:41

Hi DrChameleon

Okay, first things first. From where did you download your installation files, please?

At which numbered section of the Installation Guide is it skipping your choice of installation location?

And which numbered section is it skipping to?
Back to top Go down
DrChameleon
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Installation Issues - Broken Setup   Installation Issues - Broken Setup Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jul 2022 - 4:13

Sword2012 wrote:
Hi DrChameleon

Okay, first things first. From where did you download your installation files, please?

At which numbered section of the Installation Guide is it skipping your choice of installation location?

And which numbered section is it skipping to?
Downloaded files to an external hard drive. (E:) Attempting to install to this same drive.

Following this guide
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
- StalkerSoup Installation Guide 1.1.0019.5b

Step 7 Asks me to verify. This goes well. Runs Setup.

Step 8 StalkerSoup Setup Wizard. Language Selection. There is no screen for "I accept the agreement" There is no screen for intro. There is no screen offering to change the install folder. There is no screen for 'Recommended Installation' (Step 9) --- Select Additional Tasks is the first screen I see after the Setup launching and selecting English. If I hit Next it goes to Ready For Install where I see everything has been set to default.

the only part of Step 9 I see is the end for the additional tasks. Hitting next attempts to install to C:, which I understand is bad.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Installation Issues - broken setup   Installation Issues - Broken Setup Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jul 2022 - 14:27

DrChameleon wrote:

Previous post:
Hi DrChameleon, 
generally speaking it is not considered a good idea to use an external hard drive. It's disadvantages are that saves are not automatically saved; instead they accumulate,  so that eventually the if not dealt with they can crash the game.

Externally, there is no auto update, nor registry entry. But you should have the game loader among the main files and so make a short cut on your desktop to start the game with. Good luck. Regards TrueB

DrChameleon likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Installation Issues - Broken Setup   Installation Issues - Broken Setup Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jul 2022 - 14:48

TrueB is absolutely correct here, as external USB drives are treated very differently by Windows than SATA drives

This is why the Installation Guide, in the 'Preparation' section, states Installing to an external USB drive is not recommended, as it tends to be accumulatively unreliable in the long term. This mode is not supported by the main forum, because everyone who’s tried it has run into problems!

If you only have one internal drive, this would explain why you're not being offered a different installation option

Your solutions are to either
1. Partition your C:\ drive to create a separate drive for games, data, etc

OR

2. Install an additional SATA drive

Ideally go for a SSD drive, as it will shorten your loading times between maps considerably, in any STALKER game

DrChameleon likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Installation Issues - Broken Setup   Installation Issues - Broken Setup Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Installation Issues - Broken Setup
Page 1 of 1