StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Starting directly at collector mode
My new criticism of the game. Icon_minitimeby pchester Tue 7 May 2024 - 13:12

» First Person Weapon Models and Strelok AK Texture
My new criticism of the game. Icon_minitimeby TrueB Mon 6 May 2024 - 19:10

» Is StalkerSoup completed?
My new criticism of the game. Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Tue 30 Apr 2024 - 2:48

» A walk through StalkerSoup...
My new criticism of the game. Icon_minitimeby Jowien Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 2:08

» Yakut does not give a dialog pt.2
My new criticism of the game. Icon_minitimeby SPEC Sat 13 Apr 2024 - 15:32

» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
My new criticism of the game. Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:03

» Sakharov wont talk to me
My new criticism of the game. Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 19:37

» All the Database files
My new criticism of the game. Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:19

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
Fofyhead
My new criticism of the game. I_vote_lcapMy new criticism of the game. I_voting_barMy new criticism of the game. I_vote_rcap 
ataberk222
My new criticism of the game. I_vote_lcapMy new criticism of the game. I_voting_barMy new criticism of the game. I_vote_rcap 
pchester
TrueB
Statistics
We have 1750 registered users
The newest registered user is atst1

Our users have posted a total of 12545 messages in 1750 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

My new criticism of the game.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

My new criticism of the game. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new criticism of the game.   My new criticism of the game. Icon_minitimeTue 28 Dec 2021 - 22:44

Hi Ikaruss

Thanks for your comments and suggestions, as it's rare that we get them from professional writers

In answer, may I first point out that the game version you're currently playing will become obsolete next month, as 18 months of reworked text files, covering every aspect of the game, will be included in the new patch, and I'd be very grateful for comments on it, as it will certainly eliminate many of the problems you're facing

As TrueB stated, the game is still evolving, and the original dialogues were machine-translated from several Eastern European languages. We gave up trying to translate them, and decided instead to rewrite everything from scratch. After five years, the first draft of 155 text files weighing in at 4.7Mb is nearly complete

Because the merged mods came from different sources, our job has been to try to make sense of them all, and connect them together into a single, cohesive, and meaningful storyline. By necessity, and with access to text only, this had to include explanations of why events happened the way they did - and I accept that some of them are a tad overlong

But once we finish the first draft, the second draft will be a lot easier (it'll all be in English!) and we can finally focus on editing and fine tuning...

Yes, the SMS message timings are too short, so we'll see if it's possible to have their screen presence extended in the Modders Script

Regarding your comment [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on missions, the new patch will have better text descriptions of what to do next

Re your comment [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Infoportions - yes, somebody needs to do this in a spreadsheet in cooperation with the game devs - but it's a massive job for a relatively luxury item, which is why nobody has done it yet...

And regarding the way text is displayed, I'm afraid we have no way of displaying text in bold, or italicized, or underlined, or in a different colour. The only editing tools we have for emphasis are capitals (which look odd in anything other than acronyms), or to use a new paragraph...

Finally, I believe you've exemplified the nature of the Zone perfectly. The game is meant to be scary, intense, and visceral, because this is the most dangerous place on earth, and no place for women or, God forbid, children. Tempers and life expectancy are short, most rookies die before getting beyond the Dump, and even an experienced stalker can die simply by letting their guard down for a moment. Stress, adrenaline, and testosterone abound, nerves are frayed, and there's a lot of swearing. It's not a game you can play easily in the dark  What a Face

But I guarantee that the new patch will make the game far more enjoyable than your current version, and please let me know if there's any part of the game to which you'd like to contribute with your coding or writing skills. The game continues to evolve with each new patch, and there's still much more to do!

VodkaMartiniSNS likes this post

Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: My new criticism of the game.   My new criticism of the game. Icon_minitimeWed 29 Dec 2021 - 10:15

Ikaruss wrote:
I'll be looking forward to the new version, then.
True I had read that they were going to move to the 64x system?
Or was that much further down the road?

TecnoBacon recently posted an update explaining his current plans for the next patch and for the 64-bit engine. See
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ikaruss likes this post

Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: My new criticisms of the game    My new criticism of the game. Icon_minitimeWed 29 Dec 2021 - 11:08

Above post:

Hi Ikaruss, in Advanced Options, is one where players can choose to have completed  missions auto saved. I turn this on at the start, but there are some mission(s) that can be broken by intermediate saves, and here it is necessary in my opinion to turn of mission saves until that sort are completed, and then to turn mission auto saving back on again. This should hopefully address your marker suggestions.
Best Wishes TrueB
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: My new criticism of the game   My new criticism of the game. Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jan 2022 - 8:01

Previous post:
Hi Ikaruss.
Once, many years ago, my wife and I went to a local art gallery. One picture seemed wrong and whilst we were criticising it, an attendant said to us that rather than wasting energy on a  picture we did not like, why not simply move on to one we did like; we have since followed this advice.
There are many Stalker whole story mods available. One channel showcases these. Stalkersoup is almost complete; it represents years of work from translation of the original Peoplesoup, to a holistic approach in putting the text together in a rewrite whilst keeping its idiosyncrasies.
Modding whole areas adding new mutants, and making the Soup of Stalker mods coherent, and enjoyably exciting with wit and scare, gives a wonderful whole world standalone free game..
But there are other games you may enjoy better. Stalkersoup is awaiting imminent completion of Levelup 3, the final part before DLC. If you have suggestions that relate to a glitch, you may find in the latest update, I suggest it is better for you to email them to TB than air them on the Forum - in my opinion.
Regards, TrueB.

Last edited by Sword2012 on Wed 12 Jan 2022 - 18:54; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Address)
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: My new criticism of the game.   My new criticism of the game. Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jan 2022 - 20:06

Hi Ikaruss

You make some good points and I hope I can answer a few of them

StalkerSoup is a creation of talents from developers who truly love and feel as one with the STALKER world, including its history, and this is why credit and honour are given to GSC and its developers who invested their own passion into it, and became the figurative shoulders on which later modders now stand

It's for this reason that, in the new patch, 'In Memoriam' noticeboards around the Zone will mourn the passing of Sergey Ivanov, the original scriptwriter for what would finally become 'S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl', and who succumbed to Covid-19 a year ago

The boards also remember key contributors to this forum, and to the game

It's hoped that, once the game's engine becomes more flexible, we can include the new dynamic 'Voices', where the player can find scraps of reporters' notes, borne by the winds all over the Zone, which contain genuine quotes from the Zones' original survivors back in 1986. We want to remember them too

Re Lightning, more is covered on her in the new patch. Although she's
Spoiler:

Personal and totally unrequested opinion on time travel:

BTW, I really appreciated your video compilation which, right from the opening, took me back to the world I love while awaiting the new patch. I hope the graphics in the game can, some day, be as good as this - but in the meantime we'll have to make do with our imagination...

VodkaMartiniSNS and Ikaruss like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My new criticism of the game.   My new criticism of the game. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My new criticism of the game.
Page 1 of 1