StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


The official StalkerSoup forum
 
HomeRegisterLog in
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» About the new 1.1.0019.5 update!
First observed weakness  Icon_minitimeby Aleks1970 Today at 14:01

» StalkerSoup or OP2?
First observed weakness  Icon_minitimeby Fofyhead Thu 26 May 2022 - 14:04

» Guides in SS?
First observed weakness  Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Thu 26 May 2022 - 5:08

» Quest for Le Havre
First observed weakness  Icon_minitimeby WhiteWolf Fri 20 May 2022 - 14:21

» Crash entering level 1
First observed weakness  Icon_minitimeby Aleks1970 Sat 14 May 2022 - 1:54

» The dead guy in the little shed in ATP
First observed weakness  Icon_minitimeby WhiteWolf Tue 10 May 2022 - 13:04

» Early problem after starting a new game
First observed weakness  Icon_minitimeby WhiteWolf Tue 10 May 2022 - 11:32

» Testing S.T.A.L.K.E.R.SOUP Plugins with Photos
First observed weakness  Icon_minitimeby WhiteWolf Tue 10 May 2022 - 5:30

May 2022
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
Sword2012
First observed weakness  I_vote_lcapFirst observed weakness  I_voting_barFirst observed weakness  I_vote_rcap 
Fofyhead
First observed weakness  I_vote_lcapFirst observed weakness  I_voting_barFirst observed weakness  I_vote_rcap 
Aleks1970
First observed weakness  I_vote_lcapFirst observed weakness  I_voting_barFirst observed weakness  I_vote_rcap 
TecnoBacon
First observed weakness  I_vote_lcapFirst observed weakness  I_voting_barFirst observed weakness  I_vote_rcap 
Blind_doge
First observed weakness  I_vote_lcapFirst observed weakness  I_voting_barFirst observed weakness  I_vote_rcap 
WhiteWolf
First observed weakness  I_vote_lcapFirst observed weakness  I_voting_barFirst observed weakness  I_vote_rcap 
Statistics
We have 1409 registered users
The newest registered user is shortime

Our users have posted a total of 11715 messages in 1605 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

 

 First observed weakness

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
darkprince_gr
Novice



Posts : 11
Join date : 2021-11-24

First observed weakness  Empty
PostSubject: First observed weakness    First observed weakness  Icon_minitimeTue 14 Dec 2021 - 20:35

Hi, guys. New to this mod, playing the game for some time now(4-5 days), and reporting  what I have personnaly found as a "weakness". "Artifact cooking". It's NOT working. I was able to create a couple(3 to be precise)of "quirks", in a generated fruit punch, but every time, I had to find a new spot from where I would throw the "ingredients", into the anomaly. And finally I couldn't find ANY suitable spot at all. I've tried all "fruit-punch" locations in Agroprom area(surface+catacombs), spending about 30 minutes in trying, with no result. So according to my perspective this is a "weakness" of the game. Now, if you have some advice, or solution, that would be highly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester


Posts : 2239
Join date : 2017-06-03
Location : UK

First observed weakness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: First observed weakness    First observed weakness  Icon_minitimeTue 14 Dec 2021 - 22:41

darkprince_gr wrote:
Hi, guys. New to this mod, playing the game for some time now(4-5 days), and reporting  what I have personnaly found as a "weakness". "Artifact cooking". It's NOT working. I was able to create a couple(3 to be precise)of "quirks", in a generated fruit punch, but every time, I had to find a new spot from where I would throw the "ingredients", into the anomaly. And finally I couldn't find ANY suitable spot at all. I've tried all "fruit-punch" locations in Agroprom area(surface+catacombs), spending about 30 minutes in trying, with no result. So according to my perspective this is a "weakness" of the game. Now, if you have some advice, or solution, that would be highly appreciated!

Hi darkprince_gr, welcome to StalkerSoup.

Artefact cooking by hand is tricky, mainly because of the lack of control we have over how and where items drop. However, life becomes much easier when you get a special device from Kuznetsov (of the Cordon Bridge Soldiers) as a reward for completing his second mission. This mission becomes available after you reach the bar. I generally avoid any artefact cooking until I have this.

I would also advise buying Anomaly Capsules from Adrenalin and others when you can afford them. There are seven in all, and they enable you to create all of the anomalies required for artefact cooking. Set them up in a location of your choice close to your main artefact stash and you won't need to go looking for anomalies again.

Together these will make your artefact cooking a lot more successful!

Happy cooking, Stalker... santa

VodkaMartiniSNS and darkprince_gr like this post

Back to top Go down
darkprince_gr
Novice



Posts : 11
Join date : 2021-11-24

First observed weakness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: First observed weakness    First observed weakness  Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2021 - 0:37

pchester wrote:
darkprince_gr wrote:
Hi, guys. New to this mod, playing the game for some time now(4-5 days), and reporting  what I have personnaly found as a "weakness". "Artifact cooking". It's NOT working. I was able to create a couple(3 to be precise)of "quirks", in a generated fruit punch, but every time, I had to find a new spot from where I would throw the "ingredients", into the anomaly. And finally I couldn't find ANY suitable spot at all. I've tried all "fruit-punch" locations in Agroprom area(surface+catacombs), spending about 30 minutes in trying, with no result. So according to my perspective this is a "weakness" of the game. Now, if you have some advice, or solution, that would be highly appreciated!

Hi darkprince_gr, welcome to StalkerSoup.

Artefact cooking by hand is tricky, mainly because of the lack of control we have over how and where items drop. However, life becomes much easier when you get a special device from Kuznetsov (of the Cordon Bridge Soldiers) as a reward for completing his second mission. This mission becomes available after you reach the bar. I generally avoid any artefact cooking until I have this.

I would also advise buying Anomaly Capsules from Adrenalin and others when you can afford them. There are seven in all, and they enable you to create all of the anomalies required for artefact cooking. Set them up in a location of your choice close to your main artefact stash and you won't need to go looking for anomalies again.

Together these will make your artefact cooking a lot more successful!

Happy cooking, Stalker... santa


Thanx, for the info. I have aquired the device(and a few capsules as well from said trader), but chose not to use it, at least not before giving it a try to the original procedure. I entered the original comment, only because I found the latter very frustrating. Take care and thanx, one more time, all of you guys, for giving us such a tremendous mod(btw, your guide, for reaching the labyrinth, was very helpfull).
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012


Posts : 1131
Join date : 2017-05-31
Location : UK

First observed weakness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: First observed weakness    First observed weakness  Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2021 - 1:53

Sidorovich should, by now, have sent a note to your PDA about the best ways of cooking artefacts - as gleaned from the collective knowledge of the stalkers he deals with

It's in both your best interests, because if you're unable to create artefacts, then he can't buy them off you to sell at a huge profit to his clients...

darkprince_gr likes this post

Back to top Go down
darkprince_gr
Novice



Posts : 11
Join date : 2021-11-24

First observed weakness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: First observed weakness    First observed weakness  Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2021 - 8:21

Sword2012 wrote:
Sidorovich should, by now, have sent a note to your PDA about the best ways of cooking artefacts - as gleaned from the collective knowledge of the stalkers he deals with

It's in both your best interests, because if you're unable to create artefacts, then he can't buy them off you to sell at a huge profit to his clients...

Thanx again guys. To be honest, I don't remember receiving any such message, but maybe it happened, during some fighting moment, and didn't notice it. Never the less, and since, the original procedure proved very troubling to me, I will attempt my next try, by using the device from Kuznetsof.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master



Posts : 838
Join date : 2017-06-03
Location : UK

First observed weakness  Empty
PostSubject: First observed weakness   First observed weakness  Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2021 - 15:30

darkprince_gr wrote:
Sword2012 wrote:
Sidorovich should, by now, have sent a note to your PDA about the best ways of cooking artefacts - as gleaned from the collective knowledge of the stalkers he deals with

It's in both your best interests, because if you're unable to create artefacts, then he can't buy them off you to sell at a huge profit to his clients...

Thanx again guys. To be honest, I don't remember receiving any such message, but maybe it happened, during some fighting moment, and didn't notice it. Never the less, and since, the original procedure proved very troubling to me, I will attempt my next try, by using the device from Kuznetsof.

Hi darkprince,

Click on darkened panel for this may be a spoiler - First time for  everything: spoiler didn't work so Click on Click on it below

Regards TrueB


Last edited by TrueB on Wed 15 Dec 2021 - 22:09; edited 3 times in total

darkprince_gr likes this post

Back to top Go down
darkprince_gr
Novice



Posts : 11
Join date : 2021-11-24

First observed weakness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: First observed weakness    First observed weakness  Icon_minitimeWed 15 Dec 2021 - 21:37

Previous post:

Thanx for one more time. As I wrote I do posses the device, and planning to use it, from now on. I will also try your suggestion working the script file. I'm using the walkthrough you've mentioned, whenever I encounter difficulties I can't find, or think of a solution. It has been a great help. As for the quicksave, give me some credit, I obviously saved before those attempts!
Anyway I find very encouraging the fact, that I was immediately approached by you guys with suggestions and guidance. It is very comforting knowing that this community is so supportive. TAKE CARE!

zoust likes this post

Back to top Go down
darkprince_gr
Novice



Posts : 11
Join date : 2021-11-24

First observed weakness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: First observed weakness    First observed weakness  Icon_minitimeSat 18 Dec 2021 - 20:43

[quote="TrueB"]
darkprince_gr wrote:
Sword2012 wrote:
Sidorovich should, by now, have sent a note to your PDA about the best ways of cooking artefacts - as gleaned from the collective knowledge of the stalkers he deals with

It's in both your best interests, because if you're unable to create artefacts, then he can't buy them off you to sell at a huge profit to his clients...


Hi darkprince,

Click on darkened panel for this may be a spoiler - First time for  everything: spoiler didn't work so Click on Click on it below

Regards TrueB

Ok, I used it and worked like a charm. To be honest, after the difficulties I faced with the original procedure, I was reluctant - or more accurately - sceptical to use it, until, you guys encouraged me to do so. I guess this makes it, the most valuable device, I have encounter in the game, better even than the bioradar. Hurray!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





First observed weakness  Empty
PostSubject: Re: First observed weakness    First observed weakness  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
First observed weakness
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
StalkerSoup :: StalkerSoup main discussions-
Jump to: