StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» About the new 1.1.0019.5 update!
STALKERSOUP lagging, long loading times and hang ups on menus and saving Icon_minitimeby Aleks1970 Today at 14:01

» StalkerSoup or OP2?
STALKERSOUP lagging, long loading times and hang ups on menus and saving Icon_minitimeby Fofyhead Thu 26 May 2022 - 14:04

» Guides in SS?
STALKERSOUP lagging, long loading times and hang ups on menus and saving Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Thu 26 May 2022 - 5:08

» Quest for Le Havre
STALKERSOUP lagging, long loading times and hang ups on menus and saving Icon_minitimeby WhiteWolf Fri 20 May 2022 - 14:21

» Crash entering level 1
STALKERSOUP lagging, long loading times and hang ups on menus and saving Icon_minitimeby Aleks1970 Sat 14 May 2022 - 1:54

» The dead guy in the little shed in ATP
STALKERSOUP lagging, long loading times and hang ups on menus and saving Icon_minitimeby WhiteWolf Tue 10 May 2022 - 13:04

» Early problem after starting a new game
STALKERSOUP lagging, long loading times and hang ups on menus and saving Icon_minitimeby WhiteWolf Tue 10 May 2022 - 11:32

» Testing S.T.A.L.K.E.R.SOUP Plugins with Photos
STALKERSOUP lagging, long loading times and hang ups on menus and saving Icon_minitimeby WhiteWolf Tue 10 May 2022 - 5:30

May 2022
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
Sword2012
STALKERSOUP lagging, long loading times and hang ups on menus and saving I_vote_lcapSTALKERSOUP lagging, long loading times and hang ups on menus and saving I_voting_barSTALKERSOUP lagging, long loading times and hang ups on menus and saving I_vote_rcap 
Fofyhead
STALKERSOUP lagging, long loading times and hang ups on menus and saving I_vote_lcapSTALKERSOUP lagging, long loading times and hang ups on menus and saving I_voting_barSTALKERSOUP lagging, long loading times and hang ups on menus and saving I_vote_rcap 
Aleks1970
TecnoBacon
Blind_doge
WhiteWolf
Statistics
We have 1409 registered users
The newest registered user is shortime

Our users have posted a total of 11715 messages in 1605 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 1 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

STALKERSOUP lagging, long loading times and hang ups on menus and saving

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nekomaster
Novice
nekomaster

STALKERSOUP lagging, long loading times and hang ups on menus and saving Empty
PostSubject: STALKERSOUP lagging, long loading times and hang ups on menus and saving   STALKERSOUP lagging, long loading times and hang ups on menus and saving Icon_minitimeSat 14 Aug 2021 - 18:41

So for some reason the official STALKER games and STALKERSOUP are working again, but now STALKERSOUP is running like crap despite it working just fine when I started playing it earlier this year.

I think I have an alright PC for this game. I have Windows 10 running oon an Intel i5-9600K, 64GB of 3200MHz DD4 ram, a GTX 1660 6GB and the game is installed on the D: partition of my 2TB HP EX950 M.2 SSD.

FOr some reason the game is lagging/stuttering every 2-3 seconds on Direct X9 and is neigh unplayable at a misrable 12-15 FPS on Direct X 11 or Dx 11 Extended (even the menus are sluggish and the cusror skips around the menu)

Even on direct x9 with minimum graphics settings, I'm pulling 30-80 FPS (I use to get nearly 200 FPS in most places) and some places cause the game to just lock up for several seconds at a time.

Another serious issue is the very long load times when it comes to launching the game and getting to the main menu, starting a new game, loading an existing save, or when switching areas.

The game freezes up for 20-30 seconds when ever I save, be it a hard save in the menu, using the save command the console, or doing a quick save.
Other times the game freezes up with the audio repeating the last second of audio/music are

ALT-TABBING out and back into the game (black screen that lasts up to a minute until the game comes back)

Going into the menu and returnign to the game

Changing options

Click on the load menu

Clicking on the save menu

Sometimes even opening the ESC menu takes a couple seconds.

Talking with people sometimes causes the game to lock up for around 20-30 seconds after which I can finally interact with the dialog and the audio returns to normal.

The game is running like its installed on a crappy old IDE Hard disk played on a Pentium 4 CPU and 1GB DDR ram.

I have no idea whats going on since other games play just fine like STALKER Anomaly, the Ofifical stalker games (ShOC, CS, CoP), The Outer Worlds, CyberPunk2077, GTA 5, etc. all of which are games installed on the same D: Partition of my M.2 SSD.

EDIT: ALSO Just to be sure I didn't do something stupid in the past with any tweaks I redownloaded the installer, delt with the registy key for STALKERSOUP to install a fresh copy and updated to the latest version and the game was still lagging to high hell with all the same problems so I dont think its my tweaked game install thats causing the issues (only tings I did was mostly tweak the medkits and magazines of some weapons)
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: STALKERSOUP lagging, long loading times and hang ups on menus and saving   STALKERSOUP lagging, long loading times and hang ups on menus and saving Icon_minitimeSat 14 Aug 2021 - 19:30

Hi nekomaster

I suggest that you save your old games, do a full cleanup and reinstall of the game, and check the game works properly before using an old, and possibly corrupted, save

Ideally, follow the instructions in the Installation Guide to the letter and then, when you reach the Testing the Game part, let us know at which stage your game starts playing up

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also, keep the number of apps running in the background to an absolute minimum when you play, because the game is very CPU intensive...

Back to top Go down
nekomaster
Novice
nekomaster

PostSubject: Re: STALKERSOUP lagging, long loading times and hang ups on menus and saving   STALKERSOUP lagging, long loading times and hang ups on menus and saving Icon_minitimeSat 14 Aug 2021 - 19:34

Sword2012 wrote:
Hi nekomaster

I suggest that you save your old games, do a full cleanup and reinstall of the game, and check the game works properly before using an old, and possibly corrupted, save

Ideally, follow the instructions in the Installation Guide to the letter and then, when you reach the Testing the Game part, let us know at which stage your game starts playing up

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Also, keep the number of apps running in the background to an absolute minimum when you play, because the game is very CPU intensive...

I did all that before I came here to ask for help. I had to get rid of the traces of the old install to reinstall a fresh copy.

ALSO the game lags and has issues regardless of loading an existing save or starting a new game (be it marked one or freeplay).

I even looked at the installation help tips and what not to see if there was anything there that might help but nada, nothing to deal with my loading, saving and lag issues.

If anything nothing should have changed with the game or my PC in the last 3 months that I wasnt playing STALKERSOUP so I dont know why now its suddenly having issues with a fresh install with all the VCRedists and XNA stuff installed and DirectX 9 updated just to be safe.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: STALKERSOUP lagging, long loading times and hang ups on menus and saving   STALKERSOUP lagging, long loading times and hang ups on menus and saving Icon_minitimeSun 15 Aug 2021 - 1:24

So do you experience all these issues immediately on starting a new game, talking with Astrologer at the Cordon, and making your way to the Rookie Village, please?
Back to top Go down
nekomaster
Novice
nekomaster

PostSubject: Re: STALKERSOUP lagging, long loading times and hang ups on menus and saving   STALKERSOUP lagging, long loading times and hang ups on menus and saving Icon_minitimeSun 15 Aug 2021 - 2:27

Sword2012 wrote:
So do you experience all these issues immediately on starting a new game, talking with Astrologer at the Cordon, and making your way to the Rookie Village, please?

Yes this issue happens with a NEW GAME or a an Existing Save.

I also tried Collector Freeplay but still the same results, stutter, long loading times and freezing when saving the game. It'd be fine if it was only a second or two but it freezes up for a long time when saving or quick saving.

ALSO the long load times happen when opening the game and when loading a save/starting a new game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STALKERSOUP lagging, long loading times and hang ups on menus and saving   STALKERSOUP lagging, long loading times and hang ups on menus and saving Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

STALKERSOUP lagging, long loading times and hang ups on menus and saving
Page 1 of 1