STALKERSOUP

Everything about the STALKERSOUP game...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Just need some info
by pchester Yesterday at 17:45

» Just a few questions and chat...
by AsianStrelok Yesterday at 7:25

» Soul Cube 110017.1
by nemisis1842khann Sun 19 Aug 2018 - 12:49

» Only curious, nothing game breaking
by pchester Sun 19 Aug 2018 - 11:40

» Hey, everyone!
by Alphabet Soup Sun 19 Aug 2018 - 1:16

» The '100 Rads' bar...
by Aleks1970 Sat 18 Aug 2018 - 23:10

» A Stalker's Diary v1
by PhilH231 Sat 18 Aug 2018 - 20:16

» Dialog 1.1007.1
by pchester Sat 18 Aug 2018 - 20:12

August 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
WhiteWolf

pchester

AsianStrelok

Statistics
We have 557 registered users
The newest registered user is ruudoo1

Our users have posted a total of 6569 messages in 760 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 26 on Sat 7 Apr 2018 - 5:10

Share | 

Game reinstalling

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nemisis1842khann
Veteran

PostSubject: Game reinstalling   Thu 17 May 2018 - 21:28

I have gone through the process of closing down and restart to set
 controls etc, clicked on launch to go through the finer points and I
a small window open with a red/white cross circle, thought best to
hold till its known what its about....

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Access to the path 'C\Program Files\stalkersoup_setup\STALKERSOUP\
tb3d\tb3d_launcher_dx09/txt' is denied

OK
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Any ideas please whats been denied and why,
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master

PostSubject: Re: Game reinstalling   Thu 17 May 2018 - 21:45

What O/S?  This sounds like a Windows 10 ownership issue.

In general, run, do not walk, away from stalkersoup installations in or based in C:\Program Files.  A good thing to do with any Windows O/S, mandatory IMO under Windows 10.

Install to a separate drive or at least a non-system partition on a system drive.  And follow the good instructions brought forth by Sword2012 to the letter.

This is an old game (hey, I'm an old gamer Wink) and is best suited to being coddled per Sword's recommends.
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Game reinstalling   Thu 17 May 2018 - 22:02

win7 64bit, I agree its an old game when I first got it half of text was in eastern uro speak
and had to be translated, till SoC producers thought that there was a large market in UK
and USA and the dialogue changed to mainly English, so making it more playable, and the
other games followed and then the mods, but what that access/denied is all about I am
holding as there is no mention in the installation instructions written by Sword2012, hoping
some one understands the level of its importance.

edit
You can have my 10 years i'm 76 in June, SS keeps me sane.
Back to top Go down
sjohnson
Master

PostSubject: Re: Game reinstalling   Thu 17 May 2018 - 23:06

Hmmm,

Again, try installing somewhere else than C:\Program Files is all I can sort at this time. You will likely need to pend a visit from those more knowledgeable than I.
Back to top Go down
kd6dm

PostSubject: Re: Game reinstalling   Fri 18 May 2018 - 0:12

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
nemesis wrote:

Hi nemisis1842khann, another old gamer here, 73 in August. Anyway, I successfully ran SS from Program Files, but only after I ran "Take Ownership". Explained in the Install Guide by sword2012. BUT, I don't recommend it, and you would have to re-take ownership after updates. You can try "Take Ownership" on your current install, Windows 7 isn't usually as much of a  problem as Windows 10.

So, what sjohnson said is the best advice here. Your error is clearly a file access error, resolvable with re-install to a different directory, e.g., C:\Games\Stalkersoup. Better yet to another partition or HDD.

Windows 10 is a horse of a different color, running it from Program Files is problematical. I run it under Win10, from a separate SSD, E:\Games\Stalkersoup without any issues.

Good luck, mate.

Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Game reinstalling   Fri 18 May 2018 - 1:46

win7 64bit...
What that access/denied is all about I am holding as there is no mention in the installation instructions written by Sword2012

At what stage are you having problems please? You should not be having installation problems with Win 7 64 bit. It's what I use, and I've no intention of changing to Windows 10 for the foreseeable future

Step 3 of the Installation Help guide states
'Once the Installer is running, do NOT install to the default directory C:\Program Files (x86)\STALKERSOUP. Instead, install to the 'STALKERSOUP' folder you created earlier, and install the files there

So did you create an independent folder for the game, as requested in the second paragraph of Step1?
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Game reinstalling   Fri 18 May 2018 - 10:25

Hi Sword2012

Win 10..yuk,   I d/loaded through Mega I bought a months worth, I have done
        this before with no real problem, d/l 2 files at a time as it do's not like bulk d/ling,
        I followed the instructions in your SS install all went well I did a restart to fix the
        base in place, went to the SS desktop start window with the launch/mode/game manager
        on it and that window access denied window popped up, from that point you are
        supposed to set the finer points to make the game fit my rig, from that point you are
        meant to go for the updates if I understand it right,
        To return a bit I d/l into a download folder, I all ways have done it that way, and
        then unpacked into C: Program Files, to create a file stalkersoup_setup, and this file
        had all the unpacked SS files, went through to the menu window to check the revision 0012
        1.0006, closed down, restarted as I said and that/s when this glitch showed up, I have
        unloaded and restarted SoC and all the others and now SS dozens of times over the years
        with out this  oddity, my rig is probably getting old like me and retired when I did, but
        to explain to the wife I need a new computer could/would be dangerous seeing how much
        a decent rig would cost,
        As I said SS has its own folder in Program Files not the (x86) as it has in the past, the
        odd thing was I closed it and and launched SS and it worked ok and did that was needed
        to make the game run, I still have not gone for the updates though, hope that explains
        what I have done and how so you can possibly see were the glitch came from.

EDIT: Possibly the only course is to scratch it all out and try again as I have a months worth with Mega, my main problem is my d/l speed at best is 1.6 mps.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Game reinstalling   Fri 18 May 2018 - 12:32

Previous post:

It's difficult to know what's wrong without knowing the structure of your hard drive first, and if each stage of instruction has been followed to the letter...

Let's start at the beginning. Do you only have a C drive? If so, do you have a dedicated folder within it for your Games? If so, where on the drive is it, please?

If it's inside Program Files, then you'll need to uninstall totally, clean the registry, and start again. As others have already said, DO NOT use either of the Program Files folders... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Game reinstalling   Fri 18 May 2018 - 15:57

Hi again, Firstly I deleted completely and followed as your instructions again took for
   ever any I got there, d/loaded through mega one file at a time, used the verifier and was
   ok, then let the setup do its job again ok, launched to check for 0012 ok, restarted  and
   used the SS updater and the 'wizard' then to latest version, finish, then update, next,
   completed, open launcher and menu screen says 0013, restarted and set all that I have
   used before, closed and reentered and become 'marked one' saw astro and saved the 'all'.
   at this point I chased out for the latest patches what gave Micro rev:9, I did wondered why
   it did not give them when I was loading the other updates, any way they went in ok and
   all was ok, I will work through to sid and see if there are any problems .

but to answer your questions yes I am running a C drive, there is also a games folder thats
   in the C: that has chess/hearts etc, but I have noticed I have 2 this other one is all so in
   C: along with Program file and (x86)  and others but this one is empty, possibly not needed,
   may be from some previous program but did not get deleted...
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Game reinstalling   Fri 18 May 2018 - 17:11

Previous post:

So where is your game installed now, please? Is it
C:\Games\STALKERSOUP?

If so, do you have another folder inside it named STALKERSOUP?
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Game reinstalling   Fri 18 May 2018 - 17:33

No its in program file named stalkersoup should it be with all the other games chess etc
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Game reinstalling   Fri 18 May 2018 - 18:04

No its in program file named stalkersoup should it be with all the other games chess etc

Yes, it should be in a folder named STALKERSOUP in your Games folder

It should NOT be in Program Files, nor in Program Files(x86), and this is where your problems are coming from

Your problem is arising when you actually install the game. Stage 3 of the Installation Help guide says
'Once the Installer is running, do NOT install to the default directory C:\Program Files(x86)\STALKERSOUP.
Instead, install to the 'STALKERSOUP' folder you created earlier, and install the files there

Unfortunately the installer, being generic, suggests installing the game to C:\Program Files(x86)\STALKERSOUP

You need to change it to C:\Games\STALKERSOUP

So please uninstall the game, clean your registry, and start over. But at least you won't need to download your files again. Just start from Stage 3 of the Installation Help guide, and follow the instructions carefully Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game reinstalling   

Back to top Go down

Game reinstalling
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
STALKERSOUP :: STALKERSOUP Main discussions-
Jump to: