StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» A walk through StalkerSoup...
Is the Updater supposed to run in the background? Icon_minitimeby Jowien Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 2:08

» Yakut does not give a dialog pt.2
Is the Updater supposed to run in the background? Icon_minitimeby SPEC Sat 13 Apr 2024 - 15:32

» Is StalkerSoup completed?
Is the Updater supposed to run in the background? Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:05

» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
Is the Updater supposed to run in the background? Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:03

» Sakharov wont talk to me
Is the Updater supposed to run in the background? Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 19:37

» All the Database files
Is the Updater supposed to run in the background? Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:19

» What to do after Fly's rescue?
Is the Updater supposed to run in the background? Icon_minitimeby TrueB Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 11:28

» Game crashes while on load screens
Is the Updater supposed to run in the background? Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 22:26

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user
Statistics
We have 1748 registered users
The newest registered user is ataberk222

Our users have posted a total of 12536 messages in 1748 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Is the Updater supposed to run in the background?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ajayjohn
Novice

Is the Updater supposed to run in the background? Empty
PostSubject: Is the Updater supposed to run in the background?   Is the Updater supposed to run in the background? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Nov 2017 - 19:57

I installed Stalkersoup a week or so ago, not on the C: drive, and have played a little.....just past the first time through the labrynith.

I shut my computer down at least once a day, but most days since initial install and update, whether or not I have started the launcher or played the game, the updater starts on its own.

When I look for anything in task manager, I don't see anything that appears to be related, at least on the surface and all this makes me think I may be infected with some sort of malware.  My brother has been playing for years and this does not happen on his Win 10 machine.

I am on the Win 10 insiders beta-slow ring if it helps.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Is the Updater supposed to run in the background?   Is the Updater supposed to run in the background? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Nov 2017 - 20:07

ajayjohn wrote:
I installed Stalkersoup a week or so ago, not on the C: drive, and have played a little.....just past the first time through the labrynith.

I shut my computer down at least once a day, but most days since initial install and update, whether or not I have started the launcher or played the game, the updater starts on its own.

When I look for anything in task manager, I don't see anything that appears to be related, at least on the surface and all this makes me think I may be infected with some sort of malware.  My brother has been playing for years and this does not happen on his Win 10 machine.

I am on the Win 10 insiders beta-slow ring if it helps.

Running in the background is a 'check the box' option when first running the Installer/Updater...
Back to top Go down
ajayjohn
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Is the Updater supposed to run in the background?   Is the Updater supposed to run in the background? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Nov 2017 - 20:14

So, uninstall/re-install is my option?
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Is the Updater supposed to run in the background?   Is the Updater supposed to run in the background? Icon_minitimeSun 12 Nov 2017 - 20:59

ajayjohn wrote:

It's certainly one way, though ensure you backup your _appdata_ folder first, so you don't lose your gamesaves

However, aleks1970, the creator of the Installer/Updater, may have an alternative option to disable it

Last edited by Sword2012 on Mon 13 Nov 2017 - 16:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ajayjohn
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Is the Updater supposed to run in the background?   Is the Updater supposed to run in the background? Icon_minitimeMon 13 Nov 2017 - 16:04

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Aleks1970
Administrator Founder
Aleks1970

PostSubject: Re: Is the Updater supposed to run in the background?   Is the Updater supposed to run in the background? Icon_minitimeMon 13 Nov 2017 - 16:36

ajayjohn wrote:

Use the last patch: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
and when you're on the "Select Additional Tasks" page:
Is the Updater supposed to run in the background? LfBXkMs

disable the Schedule automatic update to run:
Is the Updater supposed to run in the background? IvZa8Og
Back to top Go down
https://stalkersoup.forumotion.com
ajayjohn
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Is the Updater supposed to run in the background?   Is the Updater supposed to run in the background? Icon_minitimeMon 13 Nov 2017 - 16:48

Thank you also!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the Updater supposed to run in the background?   Is the Updater supposed to run in the background? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is the Updater supposed to run in the background?
Page 1 of 1