StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» A walk through StalkerSoup...
Bomber in Warehouse disappears after Photo Shoot Icon_minitimeby Jowien Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 2:08

» Yakut does not give a dialog pt.2
Bomber in Warehouse disappears after Photo Shoot Icon_minitimeby SPEC Sat 13 Apr 2024 - 15:32

» Is StalkerSoup completed?
Bomber in Warehouse disappears after Photo Shoot Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:05

» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
Bomber in Warehouse disappears after Photo Shoot Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:03

» Sakharov wont talk to me
Bomber in Warehouse disappears after Photo Shoot Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 19:37

» All the Database files
Bomber in Warehouse disappears after Photo Shoot Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:19

» What to do after Fly's rescue?
Bomber in Warehouse disappears after Photo Shoot Icon_minitimeby TrueB Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 11:28

» Game crashes while on load screens
Bomber in Warehouse disappears after Photo Shoot Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 22:26

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user
Statistics
We have 1749 registered users
The newest registered user is digitalaxon

Our users have posted a total of 12536 messages in 1748 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Bomber in Warehouse disappears after Photo Shoot

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PapyStalker
Experienced

Bomber in Warehouse disappears after Photo Shoot Empty
PostSubject: Bomber in Warehouse disappears after Photo Shoot   Bomber in Warehouse disappears after Photo Shoot Icon_minitimeMon 28 Nov 2022 - 11:55

Hi all irradiated Stalkers,

I did the Photo of the bomber in Army Warehouse but the Bomber (Sour) Disappears instantly. So I cannot talk with him.

Any help appreciated,

EDIT: Hi all,

Again I'm to speed to search all the NPC for "SOUR"

Found him !

Regards,
\PapyStalker
Back to top Go down
Kwag_Myers
Novice
Kwag_Myers

PostSubject: Re: Bomber in Warehouse disappears after Photo Shoot   Bomber in Warehouse disappears after Photo Shoot Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jan 2023 - 3:01

I'm having trouble with this one, too. Sour is in a Freedom suit and shows as friendly (not neutral). If I take his picture, Freedom turns hostile.
Back to top Go down
https://kwagmyers.github.io/Walkthroughs/index.html
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Bomber in Warehouse disappears after Photo Shoot   Bomber in Warehouse disappears after Photo Shoot Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jan 2023 - 10:55

Did you photograph the green NPC called 'Sour' or the invisible NPC inside the yellow 'hit-box'?

Both Nix and Sour are can be found at their respective campfires before you take the photos. If you are friends with their factions (Loner/Freedom) then you will also be friends with them. However, you are not supposed to know they are the targets until you photograph the yellow rectangle and look at the photo. The target only "becomes" Sour after you read his name on the photograph and know who to look for. Make sure you are photographing the yellow box and not the green NPC Sour.

The game seems to treat the camera like a gun, so when you 'fire' at the named NPC his friends think you are attacking one of their faction. I am not a programmer, but - as I understand it - this is just one of many 'tricks' that have had to be used to overcome the limitations of the game engine and make it do things it wasn't built to do.

-----
If that doesn't solve your problem, you could try turning Freedom back to neutral either by using Sidorovich's faction relationship repair service (which is expensive) or by using the [ESC]+[F] menu and entering "freedom".
Back to top Go down
Kwag_Myers
Novice
Kwag_Myers

PostSubject: Re: Bomber in Warehouse disappears after Photo Shoot   Bomber in Warehouse disappears after Photo Shoot Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jan 2023 - 14:38

I had trouble with Freedom earlier in the game at the end of the Signet Ring task and had to use the relationship menu. I tried Sidorovich first, but the second time I returned to Army Warehouses, Freedom was hostile again. Now, Sour is the only friendly with all other Freedomers neutral. 

There is no invisible NPC in the binoculars, minimap, or bioradar. The Cordon bomber appears in all three. My guess is that using the relationship menu may have caused a bug. Anyway, I can't proceed because Sour gives me the information I need to get to Dead City. I may just wait until the next patch and start over. I have to say that this is, by far, the buggiest mod I've played so far.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Bomber in Warehouse disappears after Photo Shoot   Bomber in Warehouse disappears after Photo Shoot Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jan 2023 - 14:42

pchester wrote:
The game seems to treat the camera like a gun, so when you 'fire' at the named NPC his friends think you are attacking one of their faction

There's also the point that while guns were freely allowed in the more security-conscious areas of the Zone, cameras were not, so certain suitable weapons had their innards redesigned to accomodate a camera instead of a shell

The Eagle Eye and the Photomatic rifle are cases in point, and use their optics and firing mechanisms to take a clandestine picture

Hence the communal concern when someone points a weapon at one of you and says, "Smile!"
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Bomber in Warehouse disappears after Photo Shoot   Bomber in Warehouse disappears after Photo Shoot Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jan 2023 - 16:39

Kwag_Myers wrote:
I may just wait until the next patch and start over. I have to say that this is, by far, the buggiest mod I've played so far.

Hi Kwag_Myers. Sorry to hear that. As you know, Stalkersoup is still in development. And, as with most 'alpha' releases that I have followed, there are good patches and there are bad patches. StalkerSoup 1.1.0019.5 certainly has its share of bugs, but I have no doubt this will improve with future updates.

If you decide to continue with your current game, the info portions that you probably need are
as_ubiysa_done (ends the find the bomber in AW task); and
kvest_vstrecha_start (starts the Eavesdropping task).
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Bomber in Warehouses disappears after photo shoot   Bomber in Warehouse disappears after Photo Shoot Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jan 2023 - 5:25

Kwag_Myers wrote:
I had trouble with Freedom earlier in the game at the end of the Signet Ring task and had to use the relationship menu. I tried Sidorovich first, but the second time I returned to Army Warehouses, Freedom was hostile again. Now, Sour is the only friendly with all other Freedomers neutral. 

There is no invisible NPC in the binoculars, minimap, or bioradar. The Cordon bomber appears in all three. My guess is that using the relationship menu may have caused a bug. Anyway, I can't proceed because Sour gives me the information I need to get to Dead City. I may just wait until the next patch and start over. I have to say that this is, by far, the buggiest mod I've played so far.
Hi, I don't know if this will help but watching  commentator play recently, I noticed that the target is actually not by the campfire but slightly back by one of the large crates within the. campfire area. Regards TrueB
Back to top Go down
Kwag_Myers
Novice
Kwag_Myers

PostSubject: Re: Bomber in Warehouse disappears after Photo Shoot   Bomber in Warehouse disappears after Photo Shoot Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jan 2023 - 14:48

TrueB wrote:

Hi, I don't know if this will help but watching  commentator play recently, I noticed that the target is actually not by the campfire but slightly back by one of the large crates within the. campfire area. Regards TrueB
Thanks. I can see that in the guide (page 136). Also, I'm familiar with the task from Narodnaya Solyanka. As I've said, there is no indication in the bioradar or minimap of an NPC there. 

I went back to my save to get a screen shot and wouldn't you know it, guess who shows up. I can't tell you how many time I reloaded that save and waited... Anyway, I took the shot and got the confirmation. But when I went down to talk to Sour, the fifth person at the campfire was gone and Sour (a friendly) offered only the standard NPC dialog.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bomber in Warehouse disappears after Photo Shoot   Bomber in Warehouse disappears after Photo Shoot Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bomber in Warehouse disappears after Photo Shoot
Page 1 of 1