StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» A walk through StalkerSoup...
Vanishing RG-6 Icon_minitimeby Jowien Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 2:08

» Yakut does not give a dialog pt.2
Vanishing RG-6 Icon_minitimeby SPEC Sat 13 Apr 2024 - 15:32

» Is StalkerSoup completed?
Vanishing RG-6 Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:05

» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
Vanishing RG-6 Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:03

» Sakharov wont talk to me
Vanishing RG-6 Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 19:37

» All the Database files
Vanishing RG-6 Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:19

» What to do after Fly's rescue?
Vanishing RG-6 Icon_minitimeby TrueB Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 11:28

» Game crashes while on load screens
Vanishing RG-6 Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 22:26

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user
Statistics
We have 1749 registered users
The newest registered user is digitalaxon

Our users have posted a total of 12536 messages in 1748 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Vanishing RG-6

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kwag_Myers
Novice
Kwag_Myers

Vanishing RG-6 Empty
PostSubject: Vanishing RG-6   Vanishing RG-6 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2022 - 2:57

I pulled the RG-6 out of the Bloodsucker Village cellar. It is in perfect condition. However, when I transition to Rostok, the weapon is no longer in my inventory. This also happens with the weapon in my primary slot, drawn or holstered.
Back to top Go down
https://kwagmyers.github.io/Walkthroughs/index.html
pchester
Administrator
pchester

Vanishing RG-6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanishing RG-6   Vanishing RG-6 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2022 - 16:14

For some reason RG-6s and VOG grenades (plus a few other items) currently disappear when you leave the map. A workaround is to spawn them in when you reach your destination. Fortunately Voronin will accept a spawned RG-6.
Back to top Go down
Kwag_Myers
Novice
Kwag_Myers

Vanishing RG-6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanishing RG-6   Vanishing RG-6 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2022 - 17:19

So the lesson here is to take a screenshot of your inventory before leaving Army Warehouses.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

Vanishing RG-6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanishing RG-6   Vanishing RG-6 Icon_minitimeSat 12 Nov 2022 - 19:43

Unfortunately it isn't just Army Warehouses, it seems to happen wherever you are if you change maps while carrying these items. There is another mission involving an RG-6, and one requiring some green ration packs. In both cases I lost the items en route and had to spawn them at the destination to complete the missions.
Back to top Go down
Kwag_Myers
Novice
Kwag_Myers

Vanishing RG-6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanishing RG-6   Vanishing RG-6 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2022 - 17:03

I wonder if there's a text editor I can use to copy the inventory from one save to another? I tried using NotePad++, but that resulting in a crash to desktop. I hate using the spawn menu because I feel like I'm cheating, even though it seems to be the only option for this bug.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

Vanishing RG-6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanishing RG-6   Vanishing RG-6 Icon_minitimeSun 13 Nov 2022 - 20:11

Sorry, I can't help you with a save-game editor. That is some way above my level of expertise. Shocked

I don't like having to use the spawn menu either, but it is there for a reason: to enable us to get past annoying and potentially game-breaking bugs. StalkerSoup is still being developed on what is essentially the original 32-bit game engine from 2007. I'm not sure if it is currently an 'alpha' or a 'beta' in terms of game development, but it is likely to continue being buggy and unstable for some time to come.

Hopefully TecnoBacon will be successful in his plan to convert the game to run on a stable 64-bit engine, but I don't see that happening for a while yet. In the meantime, all I can suggest is that we use the tools that have been made available to us, and enjoy the game for what it is.
Back to top Go down
Kwag_Myers
Novice
Kwag_Myers

Vanishing RG-6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanishing RG-6   Vanishing RG-6 Icon_minitimeThu 17 Nov 2022 - 22:14

I'm noticing this issue in other transitions, too. Between Radar and X-10 (both ways) I lost my VOG-25s and VOG-25Rs. I also noticed when I quick saved between talking to Pvt. Katz and picking up the document, if I reload the save the document isn't there. I couldn't find it in the spawn menu, so I had to go back to a save before my conversation with him. It's like the engine isn't reading the save correctly. 

Anyway, on to Pripyat.

pchester likes this post

Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

Vanishing RG-6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanishing RG-6   Vanishing RG-6 Icon_minitimeFri 18 Nov 2022 - 16:37

Hi Kwag_Myers.
Thanks for letting us know about your new findings. I tested Katz' documents and they stayed in my inventory through both quicksave/load and a full save/load, so I think your issue might be something different. (Incidentally, the document is spawnable, but it is cunningly hidden in the RADAR section for some reason - item rad_document7.)

As for the other items that disappear, I assume that there is a common factor between the RG-6, VOG-25 and VOG-25P grenades (however, the RG-6 "Bulldog" isn't affected); but the green Military Ration packs that Syslov requires also disappear. These items all disappear whenever you change map or load a game, but I am not a programmer and I have no idea what could be causing it.

There may well be other items disappearing that I haven't noticed, so please report anything else that disappears in your game.
Back to top Go down
Kwag_Myers
Novice
Kwag_Myers

Vanishing RG-6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanishing RG-6   Vanishing RG-6 Icon_minitimeSun 27 Nov 2022 - 0:42

For anyone else reading this thread; the green military rations are not on the Esc+S menu (that I could see). You must use the Esc+F4 option (in game) and type in irp-b,2.

Edit: I should also mention for those of us new to the mod (and its spawn menus), these items spawn on the floor and not in your backpack (like the Esc+S items do).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vanishing RG-6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanishing RG-6   Vanishing RG-6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vanishing RG-6
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
StalkerSoup :: Game help discussions :: Game guides-
Jump to: