StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» A walk through StalkerSoup...
Help! I've run out of triggers! Icon_minitimeby Jowien Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 2:08

» Yakut does not give a dialog pt.2
Help! I've run out of triggers! Icon_minitimeby SPEC Sat 13 Apr 2024 - 15:32

» Is StalkerSoup completed?
Help! I've run out of triggers! Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:05

» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
Help! I've run out of triggers! Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:03

» Sakharov wont talk to me
Help! I've run out of triggers! Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 19:37

» All the Database files
Help! I've run out of triggers! Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:19

» What to do after Fly's rescue?
Help! I've run out of triggers! Icon_minitimeby TrueB Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 11:28

» Game crashes while on load screens
Help! I've run out of triggers! Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 22:26

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user
Statistics
We have 1749 registered users
The newest registered user is digitalaxon

Our users have posted a total of 12536 messages in 1748 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Help! I've run out of triggers!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DerellLicht
Novice

Help! I've run out of triggers! Empty
PostSubject: Help! I've run out of triggers!   Help! I've run out of triggers! Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2022 - 16:51

So I just finished first trip to the WishBringer, and woke up in Agroprom afterwards.  I jumped over to Yantar and gave the doc his bag, and got the tools for Syak... but now I have *no* pending quests!!  I have a bunch of minor quests left over from the first part of the game, but none of them sound consequential.  The primary quest that I have pending, is to go back to the Sarcophagus and find the hidden door... is that what I'm supposed to do next??  If not, where do other triggers appear??

The walkthru has several pages about dealing with Kostya's caches, but I never pursued his thread at all; I couldn't find the first cache in Cordon, and just abandoned it at that point.  

Help??
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Help! I've run out of triggers!   Help! I've run out of triggers! Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2022 - 19:36

The main story continues with opening the coded door in the Sarcophagus, so if you want you can go back there immediately after visiting the Wish Granter. There are other things that you will need to do as part of the main story, but if you haven't done them yet you should be able to complete them later. It is difficult to say whether there is more you can do at this stage without knowing what you have already completed. 

You may still be able to pick up Kostya's quest line if you can use the walkthrough to find his first stash. I assume that he is still be waiting at the vehicle scrapyard in the Dump, but I have never left it this long and he may have wandered off.

A couple of mission 'threads' that I sometimes forget to follow (I don't think they are recorded in the task list) are:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
DerellLicht
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Help! I've run out of triggers!   Help! I've run out of triggers! Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2022 - 20:11

Wow, this is interesting...

So I intentionally did *not* read your walkthrough step-by-step before proceeding into the game, and now that I'm checking it out, I realize that I left a *lot* of threads hanging!!  Partially because from game data, it wasn't evident what to do.  In many cases, people would say things to me, but the message would fade away *far* too quickly for me to pick it up, and it would not be present in the notes...

I *think* Cat's quests may be in that category; I completed *something* for him, and he just stands around now and has nothing to say to me... I don't know if he said anything about Miser...

As for Voronin, I did a couple of quests for him successfully, but when he wanted me to steal rocket launchers from Freedom, I backed away, 'cause they be my friends and I don't want to steal from them!!  (Yeah, I'm a Freedom follower...)

Truth is, it isn't critical to me to complete every single thread, as long as they don't prevent me from proceeding with the game in general!!
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Help, I've run out of triggers.   Help! I've run out of triggers! Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2022 - 14:47

DerellLicht wrote:
Wow, this is interesting...

So I intentionally did *not* read your walkthrough step-by-step before proceeding into the game, and now that I'm checking it out, I realize that I left a *lot* of threads hanging!!  Partially because from game data, it wasn't evident what to do.  In many cases, people would say things to me, but the message would fade away *far* too quickly for me to pick it up, and it would not be present in the notes...

I *think* Cat's quests may be in that category; I completed *something* for him, and he just stands around now and has nothing to say to me... I don't know if he said anything about Miser...

As for Voronin, I did a couple of quests for him successfully, but when he wanted me to steal rocket launchers from Freedom, I backed away, 'cause they be my friends and I don't want to steal from them!!  (Yeah, I'm a Freedom follower...)

Truth is, it isn't critical to me to complete every single thread, as long as they don't prevent me from proceeding with the game in general!!

Hi, did you meet Guide in Cordon in the ruined house opposite the flesh farm? If not it may pay you to see if he is there. You need to take a groza which can be got from Barkeep for an artefact. This should lead you further into the game.
Stalkersoup is a very linear game and for an initial run through in my opinion at least reading through pchester's Stalkersoup Guides especially the first part will hopefully be helpful to you. I have it on a tablet PC  next to my desktop PC; then I can check what's next before proceeding. Reading the first part, (especially if you have a good idea of your progress in the game) will help you check if you have kept to the storyline. Then perhaps if there are sequences missing you may be able to get them done. Sometimes a restart can be helpful. I hope this helps, regards TrueB.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Help! I've run out of triggers!   Help! I've run out of triggers! Icon_minitimeWed 16 Mar 2022 - 14:57

Most of the important information in StalkerSoup is recorded in the task list or in your diary, but there are occasions when it is not, so if you miss a message because you are busy doing something else - like staying alive - it is worth checking the message log in your diary.

The main story in StalkerSoup has many interwoven threads, and Cat's tasks and Voronin's flash drive mission are both important.

If there is nothing in your task list for Cat, and he doesn't have anything new to say, it probably means you have completed his missions - which end in his advice to talk to Miser. Try talking to Miser and see if he has any new dialogue.

You need to remain friendly with both Duty and Freedom, but I haven't noticed any lowering of reputation by doing Duty or Freedom missions as long as you avoid any that involve killing members of the other faction. Most of Voronin's missions are side-missions and can be ignored (although you may miss out on some nice items) but the Psychotic Stalker's flash drive is important. Snitch won't give you some important information until Voronin sends you to him.

DerellLicht likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help! I've run out of triggers!   Help! I've run out of triggers! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help! I've run out of triggers!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
StalkerSoup :: Game help discussions :: Game guides-
Jump to: