StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» A walk through StalkerSoup...
Petrenko's death...? Icon_minitimeby Jowien Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 2:08

» Yakut does not give a dialog pt.2
Petrenko's death...? Icon_minitimeby SPEC Sat 13 Apr 2024 - 15:32

» Is StalkerSoup completed?
Petrenko's death...? Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:05

» Vanilla graphics addon? And maybe a better hitmarker?
Petrenko's death...? Icon_minitimeby DUCATISLO Mon 8 Apr 2024 - 17:03

» Sakharov wont talk to me
Petrenko's death...? Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 19:37

» All the Database files
Petrenko's death...? Icon_minitimeby Reconboi Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 14:19

» What to do after Fly's rescue?
Petrenko's death...? Icon_minitimeby TrueB Wed 20 Mar 2024 - 11:28

» Game crashes while on load screens
Petrenko's death...? Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Sun 17 Mar 2024 - 22:26

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user
Statistics
We have 1749 registered users
The newest registered user is digitalaxon

Our users have posted a total of 12536 messages in 1748 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Petrenko's death...?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
valalla
Novice

Petrenko's death...? Empty
PostSubject: Petrenko's death...?   Petrenko's death...? Icon_minitimeMon 23 Aug 2021 - 9:18

I found Petrenko dead. It doesn't seem normal to me. Also, after completing Dan's mission to retrieve the ecologists' persimmon, Arhara does not reappear. he seems to have disappeared. This also doesn't seem normal to me. who has problems?
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Petrenko's death...?   Petrenko's death...? Icon_minitimeMon 23 Aug 2021 - 13:03

valalla wrote:
I found Petrenko dead. It doesn't seem normal to me. Also, after completing Dan's mission to retrieve the ecologists' persimmon, Arhara does not reappear. he seems to have disappeared. This also doesn't seem normal to me. who has problems?

Petrenko is not supposed to die, but random events can occur such as a bandit or mutant appearing inside the base and killing him. Petrenko has several side-missions, one of which has an artefact recipe as a reward. Other than that I don't think he is needed for anything important, so his absence later on should not affect your game too much.

As for Arhara, after you retrieve the Psi-helmet from Agroprom (I assume that this is what you mean) Arhara should head for the Agroprom railway tunnel where he will remain. If he has not appeared in the tunnel, it is possible that he is still making his way back from the Military base. Head back along the map's southern border to the valley behind the base where you first met him, and you may meet him coming back. You can check your diary's Contacts page to see if he is nearby.

If Arhara is nowhere on the map, it is possible that he was killed during the attack or by another random event. Arhara is needed for an important mission later, when Kruglov (scientist in Yantar) asks you to find something for him. If you haven't done that mission yet, you will probably need to reload an earlier game when Arhara was still alive.

TrueB likes this post

Back to top Go down
valalla
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Petrenko's death...?   Petrenko's death...? Icon_minitimeMon 23 Aug 2021 - 16:58

in fact, as far as petrenko is concerned, I had already finished his missions. Arhara appeared after some time. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Petrenko's death...    Petrenko's death...? Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2021 - 20:02

pchester wrote:
valalla wrote:

Petrenko is not supposed to die, but random events can occur such as a bandit or mutant appearing inside the base and killing him. Petrenko has several side-missions, one of which has an artefact recipe as a reward. Other than that I don't think he is needed for anything important, so his absence later on should not affect your game too much.

As for Arhara, after you retrieve the Psi-helmet from Agroprom (I assume that this is what you mean) Arhara should head for the Agroprom railway tunnel where he will remain. If he has not appeared in the tunnel, it is possible that he is still making his way back from the Military base. Head back along the map's southern border to the valley behind the base where you first met him, and you may meet him coming back. You can check your diary's Contacts page to see if he is nearby.

If Arhara is nowhere on the map, it is possible that he was killed during the attack or by another random event. Arhara is needed for an important mission later, when Kruglov (scientist in Yantar) asks you to find something for him. If you haven't done that mission yet, you will probably need to reload an earlier game when Arhara was still alive.

Hi, With the Arhara mission, (after doing a hard save before meeting him in case of such a mishap) clearing the area before meeting him of mutants and going ahead on the military base attack. In your first visit, the opportunity to stash several rifle grenades near by can prevent eg more than 10 falling out of your rucksack, if this still happens. Use a suitable rifle to fire grenades from the top down through the windows, before Arhara's group arrive, then get in at the back and straight up to do the mission, throwing F1 grenades to bounce of the walls at each landing as the enemy can be on the stairs beyond the landing. If the helicopter comes in sight shoot it with a Saiga; my MO even shot down the helicopter penetrating the top floor.
On your way back if you haven't already, have a look for a goodie in the second floor rooms if this still applies. and clear the other stairs usually results in  Arhara surviving. Good hunting, TrueB

Last edited by TrueB on Sat 18 Sep 2021 - 11:38; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed - thanks to pchester''s advice)
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Petrenko's death...?   Petrenko's death...? Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2021 - 21:20

TrueB wrote:
Hi, IIRC meeting Petrenko, after his missions, at the transition into Dark Valley from  Garbage and here when bandits approach he sometimes takes them on and dies, sometimes he sits with them and often his body lies there.

I think you may be confusing Petrenko with Plichko. Col. Petrenko is the Duty trader, and usually stays inside his room in the Duty compound. Sgt. Plichko guards the entrance to the Duty compound when you first arrive. After MO completes his mission, he leaves, and sometimes makes his way to the camp fire just inside the Dark Valley. However, in my last game he stopped at the Duty outpost in the Dump, so someone might have had a quiet word...
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Petrenko's death...?   Petrenko's death...? Icon_minitimeSat 11 Sep 2021 - 2:41

TrueB wrote:
In your first visit, the opportunity to stash several rifle grenades near by can prevent eg more than 10 falling out of your rucksack, if this still happens.

If you want to carry more than ten of any grenade type, you can change this in your Modders' Script, in the INVENTORY CONTROL section

The default for each type is 10. Above this number, as you quite rightly observe, they fall out of your rucksack

Personally, I set my MS to 50 of each. You know, just in case... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Petrenko's death...?   Petrenko's death...? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Petrenko's death...?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
StalkerSoup :: Game help discussions :: Game guides-
Jump to: