Everything StalkerSoup related...

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Storyline for Levels 1 to 3?
Is Tolik essential to the plot? Icon_minitimeby pchester Yesterday at 18:37

» Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...
Is Tolik essential to the plot? Icon_minitimeby pchester Tue 10 Dec 2019 - 21:37

» Moving items
Is Tolik essential to the plot? Icon_minitimeby cullinaire Sun 8 Dec 2019 - 10:45

» Mauser C96 shoulder stock
Is Tolik essential to the plot? Icon_minitimeby cullinaire Sat 7 Dec 2019 - 19:41

» Crash trying to open sid's door
Is Tolik essential to the plot? Icon_minitimeby takethemonolithpill Wed 4 Dec 2019 - 23:29

» Sarcophagus is heavy on performance...
Is Tolik essential to the plot? Icon_minitimeby cullinaire Thu 28 Nov 2019 - 18:38

» Crash after NPP north teleporters
Is Tolik essential to the plot? Icon_minitimeby Sgtanarchy Tue 26 Nov 2019 - 1:39

» Is Tolik essential to the plot?
Is Tolik essential to the plot? Icon_minitimeby yeong Sat 23 Nov 2019 - 8:03

December 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
pchester
Is Tolik essential to the plot? I_vote_lcapIs Tolik essential to the plot? I_voting_barIs Tolik essential to the plot? I_vote_rcap 
takethemonolithpill
Is Tolik essential to the plot? I_vote_lcapIs Tolik essential to the plot? I_voting_barIs Tolik essential to the plot? I_vote_rcap 
humdee
Statistics
We have 900 registered users
The newest registered user is wotkipper

Our users have posted a total of 9713 messages in 1257 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 148 on Wed 3 Jul 2019 - 13:42

Is Tolik essential to the plot?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
yeong
Zombie

Is Tolik essential to the plot? Empty
PostSubject: Is Tolik essential to the plot?   Is Tolik essential to the plot? Icon_minitimeFri 22 Nov 2019 - 4:05

i came back from garbage and tolik had died, last time i passed the rookie village he hadn't spawned yet. i tried resurrecting him with esc+r (i had to turn all my settings down to minimum or it would crash) but he just spawns in again already dead.

id rather not continue until i know whether or not ive broken my game and if i need to reload and save him before i left cordon.
Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Is Tolik essential to the plot?   Is Tolik essential to the plot? Icon_minitimeFri 22 Nov 2019 - 9:47

Hi yeong,

Did you find and save Tolik when
Spoiler:

If you didn't do that, he would have died then and his body would probably have despawned in the map clean-up when you left for the Dump. NPCs can also die from random Zone encounters while you are elsewhere, although fortunately that doesn't happen often.

Tolik isn't necessary for the main story, but there are a couple of side missions that involve him. One of these is given by another NPC later on, but if Tolik is dead you just won't be offered that mission.

ESC-R will sometimes work if you try several times, but there are times when it just doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
yeong
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Is Tolik essential to the plot?   Is Tolik essential to the plot? Icon_minitimeFri 22 Nov 2019 - 10:05

his body was still there when i came back, its just that i cant seem to bring him back. if he's not essential to the story and my game isnt broken i wont worry too much about it then. thanks for the reply

i have a new problem though, doing the mission for zahar in cordon with sepator and trying to get the goldfish in the factory (by shooting it closer to the hole) has made all the military under the bridge except kuznetsov hostile to me. i assume its triggered by firing a weapon too close to them but i thought i would be safe at the farm. i thought i could pay sid to calm them down but i guess i can't

edit: another one, i get this crash everytime i load a save ingame. opening the game again nad loading a save is fine though

i get this
Stack trace:

started happening once i reached the dark valley
Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Is Tolik essential to the plot?   Is Tolik essential to the plot? Icon_minitimeFri 22 Nov 2019 - 15:57

Depending on where the Goldfish's "bobble" movement has taken it, it is sometimes possible to reach it without shooting it. However, shooting it shouldn't worry the bridge soldiers - unless maybe they were hit by a ricochet... If they turned hostile while you were fighting the Avengers attacking Sepator, one might have been hit by a stray bullet.

It helps to keep them non-hostile for later in the game, so it might be worth replaying that section. Alternatively you could try the ESC-F menu to improve their 'attitude'.

The error message doesn't tell me much, but others here are better than me at interpreting game errors. Does the DV crash happen when you are leaving DV or at some other time? There is a known bug that crashes the game whenever you use a transition out of the DV map. Fortunately the Autosave usually works.
Back to top Go down
yeong
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Is Tolik essential to the plot?   Is Tolik essential to the plot? Icon_minitimeSat 23 Nov 2019 - 8:03

it crashes during level transitions out of the DV & reloading any saves in the DV, its the same stack trace just with an out of memory message at the end when it crashes during a transitions whereas the ones that happen upon reloading only shows what i posted above. lowering my settings doesnt seem to do anything, this only happens in the dark valley too.  whenever i start up my game i'm able to just load whatever save i was previously on though, autosaves indluded.

the soldiers seem to have calmed down on their own, so i guess its just temporary thankfully.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Tolik essential to the plot?   Is Tolik essential to the plot? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is Tolik essential to the plot?
Page 1 of 1