StalkerSoup

Everything StalkerSoup related...

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Deserter Quest: Retrieve the wrongful command
Votes in favour of + signs for awarding helpful comments Icon_minitimeby Kharaagh Yesterday at 3:18

» Error message and help/support subforum
Votes in favour of + signs for awarding helpful comments Icon_minitimeby lv1234 Mon 20 Jan 2020 - 2:36

» Cars and missiles
Votes in favour of + signs for awarding helpful comments Icon_minitimeby cullinaire Wed 15 Jan 2020 - 8:46

» How to arm mines - Help, please...
Votes in favour of + signs for awarding helpful comments Icon_minitimeby cullinaire Wed 15 Jan 2020 - 8:43

» Compound Bow / Crossbow
Votes in favour of + signs for awarding helpful comments Icon_minitimeby Musketeer Sun 12 Jan 2020 - 14:50

» What is proper way to report ALL bugs?
Votes in favour of + signs for awarding helpful comments Icon_minitimeby Musketeer Sun 12 Jan 2020 - 9:43

» Realistic water intake
Votes in favour of + signs for awarding helpful comments Icon_minitimeby Musketeer Sun 12 Jan 2020 - 8:39

» Firepower level 1+
Votes in favour of + signs for awarding helpful comments Icon_minitimeby Musketeer Sun 12 Jan 2020 - 8:35

January 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
lv1234
Votes in favour of + signs for awarding helpful comments I_vote_lcapVotes in favour of + signs for awarding helpful comments I_voting_barVotes in favour of + signs for awarding helpful comments I_vote_rcap 
Kharaagh
Votes in favour of + signs for awarding helpful comments I_vote_lcapVotes in favour of + signs for awarding helpful comments I_voting_barVotes in favour of + signs for awarding helpful comments I_vote_rcap 
Statistics
We have 925 registered users
The newest registered user is Artistofphat

Our users have posted a total of 9768 messages in 1263 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 148 on Wed 3 Jul 2019 - 13:42

Votes in favour of + signs for awarding helpful comments

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TrueB
Master

Votes in favour of + signs for awarding helpful comments Empty
PostSubject: Votes in favour of + signs for awarding helpful comments   Votes in favour of + signs for awarding helpful comments Icon_minitimeFri 20 Sep 2019 - 2:40

How many of the little plus signs next to peoples comments can be clicked and has the number recently been changed, please?
If accidentally a minus is tapped instead of a plus, can this be reverted to a plus?
I just ask for I like to put them in when I think comments are of benefit.

Experienced
Arthoryum

PostSubject: Re: Votes in favour of + signs for awarding helpful comments   Votes in favour of + signs for awarding helpful comments Icon_minitimeFri 20 Sep 2019 - 3:00

It would be EXCELLENT if the vote can be reverted, if, for some reason i clicked by accident as negative a post, i would love that vote be reverted and come back to normal, i mean, forgive me for my explanation, i'm spanish, and... well, xDD...

Cheers guys!
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Votes in favour of + signs for awarding helpful comments   Votes in favour of + signs for awarding helpful comments Icon_minitimeFri 20 Sep 2019 - 3:20

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
How many of the little plus signs next to peoples comments can be clicked and has the number recently been changed, please?
If accidentally a minus is tapped instead of a plus, can this be reverted to a plus?
I just ask for I like to put them in when I think comments are of benefit.

Just as in a polling station, for each post it's 'one member - one vote', hence the need to use it carefully...

If you put your 'X' in the wrong box, your vote will have been cast and can't be reversed

The admins and moderators cannot change it, as this could open them up to accusations of 'vote rigging'

These mechanics are the same as they've always been, and have not changed since the inception of the forum

The only way to 'reverse' a vote, or at least correct that member's standing, is by up or downvoting them in another of their posts *

* Please note that there are restrictions to this, as stated in the Forum Rules
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Votes in favour of + signs for awarding helpful comments   Votes in favour of + signs for awarding helpful comments Icon_minitimeFri 20 Sep 2019 - 4:47

Previous post:

Hi Sword, does this also apply to a thread? For the message to me was that I could not award any more pluses not that this was limited to one conversation or one thread. I have not experienced this before and I have tapped on plus signs going right forward from the start of the Forum to recently where I thought that reading certain members messages might be useful to my knowledge of the game? Regards, TrueB

Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Votes in favour of + signs for awarding helpful comments   Votes in favour of + signs for awarding helpful comments Icon_minitimeFri 20 Sep 2019 - 12:13

...I have tapped on plus signs going right forward from the start of the Forum to recently...

If this causes another member's status to go up or down by 60-70 points overnight, you can see how easily it can be perceived as vote manipulation, or rigging - especially if done with just a few members (or one only) and not, as requested in the old Steam forum, 'spread around a bit'

It can also be embarrassing for those members, giving the impression that they've been complicit in an act that's unfair on others who work quietly and consistently in the background in the best interests of the forum and the game

This is why, after two years, the forum rules are currently undergoing a complete overhaul, taking GDPR, respect, and the appropriateness of posts into account
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Votes etc   Votes in favour of + signs for awarding helpful comments Icon_minitimeFri 20 Sep 2019 - 15:07

Previous post:

My finger tips are sore so in brief, I wrote to all those involved to explain why I chose them. There was no favouritism for they including yourself are always helpful on the forum in explaining issues and offering solutions etc. What is GDPR please? This is not intended to exclude anyone and if you feel it would be helpful, I am quite happy to do a second trawl and mark up all other posts that seem helpful provided there is no limit on the number ticked per day.

Experienced
Arthoryum

PostSubject: Re: Votes in favour of + signs for awarding helpful comments   Votes in favour of + signs for awarding helpful comments Icon_minitimeFri 20 Sep 2019 - 16:04

Above post:

Fair enough.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Votes etc   Votes in favour of + signs for awarding helpful comments Icon_minitimeFri 20 Sep 2019 - 16:51

Previous post:

Well, to see if anything had changed I gave 2 votes and on trying a third got a message that I had reached my daily allowance. So I went back to 2017 and tried there but got the same message. It would thus seem that going through to look back for comments is fine but voting for them not. I totally agree with this new arrangement, for I had not considered that a reputation could be artificially increased, and yet realise now it could. So as Arthoryum says: Fair enough.

PostSubject: Re: Votes in favour of + signs for awarding helpful comments   Votes in favour of + signs for awarding helpful comments Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Votes in favour of + signs for awarding helpful comments
Page 1 of 1