StalkerSoup

Everything StalkerSoup related...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Chenobylite - Anyone noticed this new game?
Shadow graphical issue Icon_minitimeby Musketeer Today at 9:27

» Limansk to Dead City problem
Shadow graphical issue Icon_minitimeby TrueB Today at 9:11

» Level 0 to Level 10
Shadow graphical issue Icon_minitimeby TrueB Today at 2:32

» Long time no enter the soup. I get in, so what the...
Shadow graphical issue Icon_minitimeby Artyom Yesterday at 20:01

» Error message and help/support subforum
Shadow graphical issue Icon_minitimeby TecnoBacon Yesterday at 17:14

» Question about NPP (North)
Shadow graphical issue Icon_minitimeby _Nite_ Yesterday at 0:26

» Soul Cubes
Shadow graphical issue Icon_minitimeby TrueB Fri 13 Sep 2019 - 20:17

» Electro Rats, anyone? Haha
Shadow graphical issue Icon_minitimeby Musketeer Fri 13 Sep 2019 - 18:44

September 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
TrueB
Shadow graphical issue I_vote_lcapShadow graphical issue I_voting_barShadow graphical issue I_vote_rcap 
_Nite_
Shadow graphical issue I_vote_lcapShadow graphical issue I_voting_barShadow graphical issue I_vote_rcap 
pchester
TecnoBacon
bobrar
Musketeer
Sword2012
nemisis1842khann
Artyom
humdee
Statistics
We have 863 registered users
The newest registered user is Tunguska

Our users have posted a total of 9451 messages in 1213 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

Musketeer, Ramjet146

Most users ever online was 148 on Wed 3 Jul 2019 - 13:42

Shadow graphical issue

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wolf666
Novice

Shadow graphical issue Empty
PostSubject: Shadow graphical issue   Shadow graphical issue Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jul 2019 - 14:15

Hello, I've been having this strange graphical issue which I'M assuming is something to do with shadows, any help? Thank you.

PC specs:
GPU: GTX 1050Ti
CPU: i5 7400 3ghz
RAM: 16GB
W10 64bit

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Edit: This only occurs with full dynamic lighting enabled.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Shadow graphical issue   Shadow graphical issue Icon_minitimeThu 1 Aug 2019 - 12:33

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Previous post:

Hi Wolf666, I suggest you send a screenshot eg use F12, plus a save for entering wherever this occurs. Have you loaded 1.10019 update? If not, the problem might right itself when you do. If it is occurring in level 0 please send these details to Aleks 1970, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], if during level 1 and/or 2, please send to TecnoBacon at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I hope this helps. Regards, TrueB.

Novice

PostSubject: Re: Shadow graphical issue   Shadow graphical issue Icon_minitimeFri 2 Aug 2019 - 0:46

Previous post:

Hello TrueB, I did install the 1.10019 update. As for the occurence, I've just started, so level 0 (Cordon), strange issue mainly occurs on buildings and other objects like bridges, walls, even the roads, although that is only visible during movement, tree shadows flicker when I move the character as well. I've also tried searching for this issue on the forums and google, although i found nothing, so I fear this may be a unique occurence, something wrong on my end.

As for screenshots, I'm not exatcly sure how to put images here, so I'm sending them via ibb.co

Save file:

Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: Shadow graphical issue   Shadow graphical issue Icon_minitimeFri 2 Aug 2019 - 1:09

In 110019 the shader system has been reorganized to properly set the shadow mask size as well as invoke the advanced shadow masking. Now the shaders need to be tweaked to compensate for the shadow mask sizes as well as adjusting lighting in them. I am hoping that someone with shader experience would volunteer to work on them which I would give help and info to. I have it on my list to do but it is a ways down it and won't get done anytime soon with the schedule I have to keep.

The shadow fluctuation is most likely being caused by too high a contrast within the shadow blending code if anyone wants to mess with it. The common.h files that get copied to the shader folder at launch are in the options folder and the ones to tweak. The shadersettings.txt in the R2 folder sets all the defaults for dx11 along with other .txt files for water and godrays, etc.

If anyone out there wants to work on them then please get with me first to guide you to the right files to edit, thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://tecnobacon.com
TrueB
Veteran

PostSubject: Shadow Graphical Issue   Shadow graphical issue Icon_minitimeFri 2 Aug 2019 - 1:48

In 110019 the shader system has been reorganized to properly set the shadow mask size as well as invoke the advanced shadow masking. Now the shaders need to be tweaked to compensate for the shadow mask sizes as well as adjusting lighting in them. I am hoping that someone with shader experience would volunteer to work on them which I would give help and info to. I have it on my list to do but it is a ways down it and won't get done anytime soon with the schedule I have to keep.

The shadow fluctuation is most likely being caused by too high a contrast within the shadow blending code if anyone wants to mess with it. The common.h files that get copied to the shader folder at launch are in the options folder and the ones to tweak. The shadersettings.txt in the R2 folder sets all the defaults for dx11 along with other .txt files for water and godrays, etc.

If anyone out there wants to work on them then please get with me first to guide you to the right files to edit, thanks.
Hi TB, I thought Aleks' shader fix after 1.10018 was to fix this. Have you tried reapplying it to 1.10019? Regards, TrueB.

Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: Shadow graphical issue   Shadow graphical issue Icon_minitimeFri 2 Aug 2019 - 16:26

the fix aleks had was actually from me as only part of the final fix made it into the patch which caused a shared file issue.
110019 has the complete reorganization of the shared files and added the shadow mask size selection in the launcher to properly set the right shared files to be used. Now the proper common settings are being used by all the shader code which was not the case before. Unfortunately the values used in the shared files were not being used properly so the tweaks I had made 3 years ago do not apply after the fix. The settings in the modders script also need adjustment as they were created to compensate for the original flaw that was carried over from implementing sweetFX back then.
My last r2 renderer dll supports soft water and ray particles which replaces the sweetFX hooks and also needs to be integrated with the shaders from the scripts but this is another down the road task on my list.
If anyone out there tweaks them to remove the shadow fluctuation as well as readjusting lighting and other settings that work, please share with the forum if you can, thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Shadow graphical issue   Shadow graphical issue Icon_minitimeFri 2 Aug 2019 - 18:55

I've just started playing Level 1 and, while I don't have these shadow effects, the colors in the Dead City look uncharacteristally garish, and building signs like the hotel's look like they were made for Toys  'R' Us...

And back in the Cordon all the buildings, especially the white ones, look overly bright

I don't dare touch shader files, so if anyone creates something that works for them - it doesn't need to be a perfected work of art - I'd be very grateful, thanks!

EDIT: My apologies - Yes, I do have the shadow effects... Sad
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Veteran

PostSubject: Shaders   Shadow graphical issue Icon_minitimeSat 3 Aug 2019 - 8:17

the fix aleks had was actually from me as only part of the final fix made it into the patch which caused a shared file issue.
110019 has the complete reorganization of the shared files and added the shadow mask size selection in the launcher to properly set the right shared files to be used. Now the proper common settings are being used by all the shader code which was not the case before. Unfortunately the values used in the shared files were not being used properly so the tweaks I had made 3 years ago do not apply after the fix. The settings in the modders script also need adjustment as they were created to compensate for the original flaw that was carried over from implementing sweetFX back then.
My last r2 renderer dll supports soft water and ray particles which replaces the sweetFX hooks and also needs to be integrated with the shaders from the scripts but this is another down the road task on my list.
If anyone out there tweaks them to remove the shadow fluctuation as well as readjusting lighting and other settings that work, please share with the forum if you can, thanks in advance!
Hi TB, is this something that can be corrected with the sliders in options, please, for poor old Sword is in tears over shadow effects, and so I wonder if, as in the past, things like bloom being turned off might remove over-brightness and grungy colours? Best Wishes, TrueB.

Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Shadow graphical issue   Shadow graphical issue Icon_minitimeSun 4 Aug 2019 - 0:13

Previous post:

I wish it was that simple. The shader adjustments need someone who doesn't just know what they're doing, but why they're doing it, what to adjust, and can actually see the difference it's making...

Think of it as looking at a beautiful painting of nature, working out how the artist got the colors and brushstrokes just right, and then figuring out how to create the same result yourself... flower
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Veteran

PostSubject: Shaders   Shadow graphical issue Icon_minitimeSun 4 Aug 2019 - 8:26

Previous post:

I wish it was that simple. The shader adjustments need someone who doesn't just know what they're doing, but why they're doing it, what to adjust, and can actually see the difference it's making...

Think of it as looking at a beautiful painting of nature, working out how the artist got the colors and brushstrokes just right, and then figuring out how to create the same result yourself... flower
Actually Sword, as I am a trained painter artist, I would find it a lot easier to follow your analogy than to touch shaders. My suggestion is for a different angle. I appreciate from TB's post that there are problems with the shaders which I hope TB can prioritise for adjustment. Meanwhile, garish colours and over brightness might be possibly changed from the video adjustments section for it has worked in the past for me. The advantage imo is that with options they can be set back to default albeit all options would then default. I see no harm in trying. Also, your graphics card's software may be able to be set to best appearance, which might help. Regards, TrueB.
Ps: just a thought, depending on your possible NV type, if this is on during day, then things look a lot brighter.

Last edited by TrueB on Sun 4 Aug 2019 - 11:00; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Ps)
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: Shadow graphical issue   Shadow graphical issue Icon_minitimeSun 4 Aug 2019 - 22:52

I started messing with my nvidia settings and found the issue occurs in different combinations. Star by restoring your card's default settings which for me eliminates the shadow fluctuation. Then try adjusting them one at a time until the fluctuation is noticeable.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Shadow graphical issue   Shadow graphical issue Icon_minitimeThu 8 Aug 2019 - 22:55

I've never seen this before. My game crashed while being left in the background, then wouldn't restart

Happens only on DX11 (Extended). DX9 and DX11 are fine. Any ideas, please? I have Tzoun's patch, extra_spawns on false, and playing Collector
Back to top Go down
Wolf666
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Shadow graphical issue   Shadow graphical issue Icon_minitimeSun 11 Aug 2019 - 18:12

I started messing with my nvidia settings and found the issue occurs in different combinations. Star by restoring your card's default settings which for me eliminates the shadow fluctuation. Then try adjusting them one at a time until the fluctuation is noticeable.

Well, I did that. Did a fresh install too, made sure i followed the installation guide to the letter, still have messed up shadows on full dynamic lightning.
Back to top Go down
Wolf666
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Shadow graphical issue   Shadow graphical issue Icon_minitimeSat 17 Aug 2019 - 17:19

Well, I seem to have fixed it apparently, the shadows near, sun near setting in the advanced options was causing it, pulling it all the way down completely removed the weird shadow lines from the ground and buildings, flickering tree shadows still occur, but very rarely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadow graphical issue   Shadow graphical issue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shadow graphical issue
Page 1 of 1