StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» About the new 1.1.0019.5 update!
Crash entering level 1 Icon_minitimeby Aleks1970 Today at 14:01

» StalkerSoup or OP2?
Crash entering level 1 Icon_minitimeby Fofyhead Thu 26 May 2022 - 14:04

» Guides in SS?
Crash entering level 1 Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Thu 26 May 2022 - 5:08

» Quest for Le Havre
Crash entering level 1 Icon_minitimeby WhiteWolf Fri 20 May 2022 - 14:21

» Crash entering level 1
Crash entering level 1 Icon_minitimeby Aleks1970 Sat 14 May 2022 - 1:54

» The dead guy in the little shed in ATP
Crash entering level 1 Icon_minitimeby WhiteWolf Tue 10 May 2022 - 13:04

» Early problem after starting a new game
Crash entering level 1 Icon_minitimeby WhiteWolf Tue 10 May 2022 - 11:32

» Testing S.T.A.L.K.E.R.SOUP Plugins with Photos
Crash entering level 1 Icon_minitimeby WhiteWolf Tue 10 May 2022 - 5:30

May 2022
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
Sword2012
Crash entering level 1 I_vote_lcapCrash entering level 1 I_voting_barCrash entering level 1 I_vote_rcap 
Fofyhead
Crash entering level 1 I_vote_lcapCrash entering level 1 I_voting_barCrash entering level 1 I_vote_rcap 
Aleks1970
TecnoBacon
Blind_doge
WhiteWolf
Statistics
We have 1409 registered users
The newest registered user is shortime

Our users have posted a total of 11715 messages in 1605 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Crash entering level 1

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bzaurie
Novice

Crash entering level 1 Empty
PostSubject: Crash entering level 1   Crash entering level 1 Icon_minitimeSun 8 May 2022 - 18:16

Hey,

After leaving Dead city through the sewer, at the coordinates left by Spark, I spawned near Sid's bunker (as per pchester walkthrough, I should've arrived near the cement factory). I've come across a bug (SS version 1.1.0015 - this one is far more stable on my system than the latest. Crazy, huh?): after a chat with Sid, loading screen pops up, with the "Press any key to enter the zone", I do and my mouse and keyboard stop working (I can press ESC and bring up the menu, though). This isn't a hard crash, meaning whole game freezes. Just my periferials.

If you need any logs, I will provide them. I would, but I don't know, which parts are relevant for troubleshooting.

Thanks for taking a glance. Yours, bzaurie.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Crash entering level 1   Crash entering level 1 Icon_minitimeSun 8 May 2022 - 22:56

Hi bzaurie

Version 1.10015 is no longer supported on this forum, and hasn't been for years, so we need to find out why the latest version 1.10019.1 isn't working for you

From where did you download your installation files, please, and did you use the Installation Guide [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]?

If you got your files from the wrong place, or didn't install the correct files properly, then you're going to have problems with this game...   No

bzaurie likes this post

Back to top Go down
bzaurie
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Crash entering level 1   Crash entering level 1 Icon_minitimeMon 9 May 2022 - 1:10

Hello Sword,

The base game I downloaded via torrent links from Install guide and patches from moddb. I know those are deprecated, but - as I've said - 15 version runs more smoothly on my system (arch linux). I'll update and see, if old saves won't get corrupted (which is unlikely). Taking the chance: when I run the updater from the SS folder, I get an error, complaining about stalkersoup_install.ini file not being present. Is it available somewhere?

Yours, bzaurie
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Crash entering level 1   Crash entering level 1 Icon_minitimeMon 9 May 2022 - 18:28

Hi bzaurie

The files in the torrent links in the Installation Guide work fine, but the patches on ModDB do not

If you've followed the Guide, then once you've got the base files installed, the Updater should take over, but if it doesn't then please let us know at what numbered stage in the Guide your installation and checking is getting stuck

Having said that, the Guide is for Windows users only. I've not seen feedback from anyone else on this forum using Linux, otherwise their advice would have been added to the Guide

StalkerSoup is a 32 bit game adapted for 64 bit systems, and it's very finicky - so I'm sorry if this is a dead end for you. However, the problems you're describing sound like you're using obsolete and mismatched files...

bzaurie likes this post

Back to top Go down
bzaurie
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Crash entering level 1   Crash entering level 1 Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2022 - 3:21

Hey,

I updated SS to 1.10019 (not to 19.1 - through autoupdater - because I still don't have the stalkersoup_install.ini file). Created the "STALKER_START" and ALL autosaves, loaded cordon autosave (from v 1.10015) and I did spawn at the cement factory, so it looks alright so far.

Thank you very much indeed for assistance Sword.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Crash entering level 1   Crash entering level 1 Icon_minitimeTue 10 May 2022 - 17:24

If you don't have the 'stalkersoup_install.ini' file, then it means that your installation is corrupted, and you'll have problems further down the line that won't be supported on this forum

Now that you've got the correct files, you'd do better to totally uninstall your game, delete every registry entry pertaining to StalkerSoup, and reinstall from scratch following the Installation Guide

This is only way you'll get to play the game as it was intended, and to receive advice when things go wrong

Also, there's a new patch for the game expected soon. It's going to make a huge difference, and you'll want your installation to be able to accept it...  Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Aleks1970
Administrator Founder
Aleks1970

PostSubject: Re: Crash entering level 1   Crash entering level 1 Icon_minitimeSat 14 May 2022 - 1:54

bzaurie wrote:
Hey,

I updated SS to 1.10019 (not to 19.1 - through autoupdater - because I still don't have the stalkersoup_install.ini file).

Please extract the content of this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] archive into the resources folder and run updater once again...

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crash entering level 1   Crash entering level 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crash entering level 1
Page 1 of 1