StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» About the new 1.1.0019.5 update!
Ultrawide monitors Icon_minitimeby Aleks1970 Today at 14:01

» StalkerSoup or OP2?
Ultrawide monitors Icon_minitimeby Fofyhead Thu 26 May 2022 - 14:04

» Guides in SS?
Ultrawide monitors Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Thu 26 May 2022 - 5:08

» Quest for Le Havre
Ultrawide monitors Icon_minitimeby WhiteWolf Fri 20 May 2022 - 14:21

» Crash entering level 1
Ultrawide monitors Icon_minitimeby Aleks1970 Sat 14 May 2022 - 1:54

» The dead guy in the little shed in ATP
Ultrawide monitors Icon_minitimeby WhiteWolf Tue 10 May 2022 - 13:04

» Early problem after starting a new game
Ultrawide monitors Icon_minitimeby WhiteWolf Tue 10 May 2022 - 11:32

» Testing S.T.A.L.K.E.R.SOUP Plugins with Photos
Ultrawide monitors Icon_minitimeby WhiteWolf Tue 10 May 2022 - 5:30

May 2022
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
Sword2012
Ultrawide monitors I_vote_lcapUltrawide monitors I_voting_barUltrawide monitors I_vote_rcap 
Blind_doge
Ultrawide monitors I_vote_lcapUltrawide monitors I_voting_barUltrawide monitors I_vote_rcap 
WhiteWolf
Fofyhead
Aleks1970
TecnoBacon
Statistics
We have 1409 registered users
The newest registered user is shortime

Our users have posted a total of 11715 messages in 1605 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 1 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Ultrawide monitors

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pchester
Administrator
pchester

Ultrawide monitors Empty
PostSubject: Ultrawide monitors   Ultrawide monitors Icon_minitimeFri 29 Apr 2022 - 19:07

Is anyone here playing StalkerSoup on an ultrawide (21:9) monitor? I am thinking about getting one, but I have read that there may be problems running older games at these resolutions, even when 'windowed'. I would like to know if I can expect any problems playing StalkerSoup, as this might be a deal-breaker. Thx.
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Veteran
WhiteWolf

Ultrawide monitors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultrawide monitors   Ultrawide monitors Icon_minitimeSat 30 Apr 2022 - 14:40

pchester wrote:
Is anyone here playing StalkerSoup on an ultrawide (21:9) monitor? I am thinking about getting one, but I have read that there may be problems running older games at these resolutions, even when 'windowed'. I would like to know if I can expect any problems playing StalkerSoup, as this might be a deal-breaker. Thx.
Hi brother. I have a 55 inch curve running with my MSI PC, 1080, 1920 X 1080 (native) 60Hz and been running it from 2019 playing Stalkersoup and the 3 stalker series on it, and other older games, and had no problems. Yes, as i no, sins win 10 came out a lot off classic games died out, but i see some are coming back on steam, like age of empires, command and conquer, and more. Hope this info helps.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

Ultrawide monitors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultrawide monitors   Ultrawide monitors Icon_minitimeSat 30 Apr 2022 - 17:17

Thanks WhiteWolf, that is what I was hoping to hear.

If I have room on my desk I will probably be running one of my current monitors alongside the utrawide. That would give me another option for any problem games - as long as I can tell them which monitor to use!
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Veteran
WhiteWolf

Ultrawide monitors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultrawide monitors   Ultrawide monitors Icon_minitimeSun 1 May 2022 - 7:06

pchester wrote:
Thanks WhiteWolf, that is what I was hoping to hear.

If I have room on my desk I will probably be running one of my current monitors alongside the utrawide. That would give me another option for any problem games - as long as I can tell them which monitor to use!
 Hi pchester. mount the big screen on the wall m8, and then the side one you can make a plane on how to mount them. Im also looking on building something similar to this, but with a 55 inch center, left and right sides with smaler but same hite as 55 inch.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
My Settings:
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

Ultrawide monitors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultrawide monitors   Ultrawide monitors Icon_minitimeSun 1 May 2022 - 13:46

That is a nice set-up. I would like something like that for playing spaceflight MMOs (my main reason for wanting an ultrawide monitor) but unfortunately I don't have much room. And my failing eyesight probably couldn't cope with the distance of a wall-mounted screen for viewing tiny targets! Rolling Eyes

Afternote - the monitor I had my eye on has just gone up in price, so I will probably wait a while and see if it comes down again before deciding.
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Veteran
WhiteWolf

Ultrawide monitors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultrawide monitors   Ultrawide monitors Icon_minitimeSun 1 May 2022 - 14:06

Quote :
Previous post:

I sit 2.5 meters away from my screen, and all is good for me, as i also on glasses and have poor sight, as im 51 years old. yes, my space to build my dream setup at this point is also limited, but the moment i move to our other home on the farm, ill spend my time on getting it set up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ultrawide monitors Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ultrawide monitors   Ultrawide monitors Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ultrawide monitors
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
StalkerSoup :: StalkerSoup main discussions-
Jump to: