StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Pripyat Scenario
Crash when approaching Sidorovich for first time Icon_minitimeby pchester Today at 17:29

» Find the Treasure in Cave
Crash when approaching Sidorovich for first time Icon_minitimeby pchester Today at 17:25

» Problems with Gatherer
Crash when approaching Sidorovich for first time Icon_minitimeby TrueB Today at 11:14

» Warlab transition from Radar
Crash when approaching Sidorovich for first time Icon_minitimeby pchester Yesterday at 22:14

» Cannot reach hidden door in Sarcophagus
Crash when approaching Sidorovich for first time Icon_minitimeby TrueB Yesterday at 18:47

» After Le Havre killing no dialog with Yakut
Crash when approaching Sidorovich for first time Icon_minitimeby PapyStalker Fri 23 Sep 2022 - 14:28

» Lot of CTD in Radar Base. Save are corrupted
Crash when approaching Sidorovich for first time Icon_minitimeby pchester Thu 22 Sep 2022 - 22:32

» Workaround solution to the "no message from Lightning" problem
Crash when approaching Sidorovich for first time Icon_minitimeby pchester Thu 22 Sep 2022 - 16:53

September 2022
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
PapyStalker
Crash when approaching Sidorovich for first time I_vote_lcapCrash when approaching Sidorovich for first time I_voting_barCrash when approaching Sidorovich for first time I_vote_rcap 
pchester
Crash when approaching Sidorovich for first time I_vote_lcapCrash when approaching Sidorovich for first time I_voting_barCrash when approaching Sidorovich for first time I_vote_rcap 
Sword2012
TrueB
Statistics
We have 1465 registered users
The newest registered user is Dzhordzh

Our users have posted a total of 11990 messages in 1653 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Crash when approaching Sidorovich for first time

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DerellLicht
Novice

Crash when approaching Sidorovich for first time Empty
PostSubject: Crash when approaching Sidorovich for first time   Crash when approaching Sidorovich for first time Icon_minitimeMon 7 Mar 2022 - 18:47

I just installed SS, upgraded to 1.1.0019, and started a new game... all has been fine until I reached Rookie Village, and try to go down to visit Sid and get first tasks.

When I walk down the stairs, right at the base of the stairs, the screen goes black for a couple of seconds, then displays CLOSED.  If I take even one step off the stairs into the room, the game crashes.  Log file displays this error message:

[error]Expression    : fatal error
[error]Function      : CScriptEngine::lua_error
[error]File          : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xr_3da\xrGame\script_engine.cpp
[error]Line          : 73
[error]Description   : <no expression>
[error]Arguments     : LUA error: ...es\stalkersoup\gamedata\scripts\arhara_dialog.script:2443: attempt to concatenate global 'sms' (a nil value)

My system:
Windows 10 Pro
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
32GB RAM
NVidia GTX 1070ti
monitor: HP ZR30w 30" monitor
game drive: Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 SSD, 960GB free

EDIT: Hokay, I just read through the walkthru, and noted that I can't approach Sid until after I do something else.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] also noted that others have reported this crash here, so this report is probably redundant.  I'll go do the other task first, then hopefully this problem will go away.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Crash when approaching Sidorovich for first time   Crash when approaching Sidorovich for first time Icon_minitimeMon 7 Mar 2022 - 19:25

Hi DerellLicht, welcome to the StalkerSoup forum. You have already found the solution, and hopefully things will be okay again after you do as the Swamp Doctor suggests. Good hunting...

DerellLicht likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Crash when approaching Sidorovich for first time   Crash when approaching Sidorovich for first time Icon_minitimeMon 7 Mar 2022 - 19:33

Yeah. You've been through so much already, that if you don't get to the Swamp Doctor as pchester advises, and rest awhile under his sedative, you'll pass out at the bottom of the stairs...

Welcome to StalkerSoup Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Crash when approaching Sidorovich for first time   Crash when approaching Sidorovich for first time Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2022 - 3:46

DerellLicht wrote:
I just installed SS, upgraded to 1.1.0019, and started a new game... all has been fine until I reached Rookie Village, and try to go down to visit Sid and get first tasks.
When I walk down the stairs, right at the base of the stairs, the screen goes black for a couple of seconds, then displays CLOSED.  If I take even one step off the stairs into the room, the game crashes.  Log file displays this error message:
[error]Expression    : fatal error
[error]Function      : CScriptEngine::lua_error
[error]File          : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xr_3da\xrGame\script_engine.cpp
[error]Line          : 73
[error]Description   : <no expression>
[error]Arguments     : LUA error: ...es\stalkersoup\gamedata\scripts\arhara_dialog.script:2443: attempt to concatenate global 'sms' (a nil value)
My system:
Windows 10 Pro
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
32GB RAM
NVidia GTX 1070ti
monitor: HP ZR30w 30" monitor
game drive: Samsung 980 Pro Gen4 SSD, 960GB free
EDIT: Hokay, I just read through the walkthru, and noted that I can't approach Sid until after I do something else.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] also noted that others have reported this crash here, so this report is probably redundant.  I'll go do the other task first, then hopefully this problem will go away.
Hi,  there is an update to your version which may help: 1.10019.1.
I mention this because my MO always visits Sid first on replays and I have not had any crashes. I like making contact and he does tell my MO to see the Marsh Doctor. Regards TrueB

Back to top Go down
DerellLicht
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Crash when approaching Sidorovich for first time   Crash when approaching Sidorovich for first time Icon_minitimeThu 10 Mar 2022 - 3:55

Thank ye, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] !!! I might have already known about that, if I was using the launcher, but I've been running directly from the .exe ... I've now got the 19.1 upgrade installed...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crash when approaching Sidorovich for first time   Crash when approaching Sidorovich for first time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crash when approaching Sidorovich for first time
Page 1 of 1