StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Sleeping bag
Postponement of next update Icon_minitimeby TrueB Yesterday at 18:17

» About the new 1.1.0019.5 update
Postponement of next update Icon_minitimeby TrueB Sat 2 Jul 2022 - 9:27

» STALKERSOUP in German
Postponement of next update Icon_minitimeby Zonecamper Sun 26 Jun 2022 - 7:05

» A walk through StalkerSoup...
Postponement of next update Icon_minitimeby TrueB Fri 24 Jun 2022 - 3:39

» Just a few early notes from playing the new 0019.5 update
Postponement of next update Icon_minitimeby TrueB Tue 21 Jun 2022 - 7:48

» StalkerSoup or OP2?
Postponement of next update Icon_minitimeby TrueB Sat 18 Jun 2022 - 5:01

» Windows Heap Size tweak, for increased stability in Stalkersoup
Postponement of next update Icon_minitimeby TrueB Sat 18 Jun 2022 - 4:42

» Yaw 45 degrees
Postponement of next update Icon_minitimeby TrueB Wed 15 Jun 2022 - 23:37

July 2022
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
TrueB
Postponement of next update I_vote_lcapPostponement of next update I_voting_barPostponement of next update I_vote_rcap 
Statistics
We have 1423 registered users
The newest registered user is ecology6645

Our users have posted a total of 11798 messages in 1619 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Postponement of next update

Go down 
+8
Wolf Urine
Tzoun9084
PsyWarVeteran
Sword2012
Ikaruss
TrueB
VodkaMartiniSNS
TecnoBacon
12 posters
AuthorMessage
TecnoBacon
Administrator
TecnoBacon

Postponement of next update Empty
PostSubject: Postponement of next update   Postponement of next update Icon_minitimeFri 25 Feb 2022 - 16:51

Due to the recent aggression by Russia, development on SS will halt until this aggression has stopped. Upon seeing the horrific actions taken by Putin I have no desire to have any connection with a murderer and dictator putting his country as well as the European sector in grave danger. The game may have to make Russia an enemy of freedom and make them a fixed enemy to ALL!
It is sad that the world still has such horrible people in it when we should be WAY BEYOND such IGNORANCE and GREED! SS will no longer be considered a game out of Russia but one out of Ukraine and as long as Russia continues to kill innocent people, I will be retailoring the game so that it is no longer associated with them, I can only hope that the Russian people realize what a monster Putin is and get rid of that criminal!
Sorry for being political but I have to condemn such an action and ashamed of ever glorifying a game revolving around them and stand by Ukraine and feel for their grief!

TrueB and VodkaMartiniSNS like this post

Back to top Go down
http://tecnobacon.com
VodkaMartiniSNS
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Postponement of next update   Postponement of next update Icon_minitimeFri 25 Feb 2022 - 20:34

Completely agree TB, there is no place in this world for this kind of agression, the cost of this nonsense will be as usual innocent lives.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Postponement of next upgrade   Postponement of next update Icon_minitimeSat 26 Feb 2022 - 5:00

Last edited by TrueB on Sun 6 Mar 2022 - 1:26; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ikaruss
Experienced
Ikaruss

PostSubject: Re: Postponement of next update   Postponement of next update Icon_minitimeSat 26 Feb 2022 - 6:32

I will say this only once, then I will withdraw from the forum, as well as cancel the use of my short story.
I find this kind of actions stupid and even hypocritical.
I mean, being that as admin you are from a country (USA) that has a record of invasions to other countries under the false flag of freedom and all that stupidity, I find it very hypocritical of you to go out and condemn Putin and the Russian people as the great villains of this era.
No, I'm not defending Putin, I think he's the most disgusting, homophobic, piece of shit, come on.
However, it bothers me a lot, that there is a lot of political propaganda from the West, putting him as the great villain of the world, and then they (UK, NATO and USA), as if they were the heroes saviors of the world.
It is something that already happened in his time with Hitler, if you know anything about history.
The millions of atrocities committed by the allied leaders (including Russia at that time), were hidden under the idea that the Nazis were the worst in the world, the common enemy.
If they know anything about realistic history, they would know how things are.

I repeat again, I condemn the political actions of Putin's imbecile, but in no way will I put him as the great villain, being hypocritical and not seeing the horrors that NATO itself, and other countries in Europe, have done to other nations before.
And that's not to mention the economic interests behind all this.
Let's not be hypocrites and idiots and be fooled: this war is not about the struggle and freedom of the Ukrainian and Russian people, who are suffering the consequences of the fighting interests of shitty politicians outside Ukraine.

What I find most unfortunate, is to bring politics into a work of fiction, and mix things up.
I mean, you have to be an idiot to criticize a work related to Russia at this time, as I just shared a subtitled video of the great Russian singer Pelageya, and I received aggressive comments from imbecile people.

The truth is that being the case that as an admin you can't separate your political ideas from a work of fiction, I'm not interested in participating anymore.
I have enough problems with my shitty country, that when I try to escape from that in a game, a work of fiction, I have to encounter more propagandistic politics.

Delete the comment, if you want, you can ban me.
I'm out.[/spoiler]

Strelok981, Fofyhead and hmg_777 like this post

Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Postponement of next update   Postponement of next update Icon_minitimeSat 26 Feb 2022 - 15:40

TB, you have my sword - my full support

Personally, I've never really seen the game as being Russian per se, considering that everything takes place in Ukraine's post-Soviet era - a dark time that should have stayed dead and buried in the sarcophagus of history

The latest submitted text files now include descriptions of most of the game's 53 areas as actual places in Ukraine, and pchester has put much work into their real-life locations, topography, industry, and social history (both pre and post-Soviet Union)

Even the replacement for the copyrighted 'Soul Cube' is based upon Ukraine's history, and the original village of Chernobyl

I love the attitudes and grim determination of the Russian people under Soviet control, and much of the humour in the game is based on this previously-bygone era - where humour was a psychological survival tool

Hell, I was even at the Berlin Wall in the early 80's as part of a student protest at its very existence. In my early 30's then, experiencing the bleakness of East Berlin, and the terror of passing through Checkpoint Charlie, are memories that will stay with me forever, and they still influence the Dialogue Team's contributions to the game

Whatever direction the game takes from here, whichever way you'd like the writing to flow in aid of our Ukrainian cousins, please know that we'll be with you
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: Postponement of next update   Postponement of next update Icon_minitimeSat 26 Feb 2022 - 18:20

Ikaruss wrote:
I will say this only once, then I will withdraw from the forum, as well as cancel the use of my short story.
I find this kind of actions stupid and even hypocritical.
I mean, being that as admin you are from a country (USA) that has a record of invasions to other countries under the false flag of freedom and all that stupidity, I find it very hypocritical of you to go out and condemn Putin and the Russian people as the great villains of this era.
No, I'm not defending Putin, I think he's the most disgusting, homophobic, piece of shit, come on.
However, it bothers me a lot, that there is a lot of political propaganda from the West, putting him as the great villain of the world, and then they (UK, NATO and USA), as if they were the heroes saviors of the world.
It is something that already happened in his time with Hitler, if you know anything about history.
The millions of atrocities committed by the allied leaders (including Russia at that time), were hidden under the idea that the Nazis were the worst in the world, the common enemy.
If they know anything about realistic history, they would know how things are.

I repeat again, I condemn the political actions of Putin's imbecile, but in no way will I put him as the great villain, being hypocritical and not seeing the horrors that NATO itself, and other countries in Europe, have done to other nations before.
Let's not be hypocrites and idiots and be fooled: this war is not about the struggle and freedom of the Ukrainian and Russian people, who are suffering the consequences of the fighting interests of shitty politicians outside Ukraine.

What I find most unfortunate, is to bring politics into a work of fiction, and mix things up.
I mean, you have to be an idiot to criticize a work related to Russia at this time, as I just shared a subtitled video of the great Russian singer Pelageya, and I received aggressive comments from imbecile people.

The truth is that being the case that as an admin you can't separate your political ideas from a work of fiction, I'm not interested in participating anymore.
I have enough problems with my shitty country, that when I try to escape from that in a game, a work of fiction, I have to encounter more propagandistic politics.

Delete the comment, if you want, you can ban me.
I'm out.[/spoiler]

Sorry you are so misinformed (must watch a lot of Russian propaganda as there is absolutely NO JUSTIFICATION other than feeding the ego of a murderer and racist monster. Sorry to hear you are leaving the forum, but you do you and keep your head in the sand.
Back to top Go down
PsyWarVeteran
Novice
PsyWarVeteran

PostSubject: Re: Postponement of next update   Postponement of next update Icon_minitimeSat 26 Feb 2022 - 21:32

Why "punish" the entire country and it's regular citizens when the one giving orders is one man, Putin?
Also why would you gimp your own creation and stop its progress / updates because of it?

Empathy is important here. Let's say USA's leader decides to attack a country and as a result the creator of your favorite piece of media blocks you from it, even though you were against the attack and had nothing to do with it, how would that make you feel?

If USA were to attack a country the next day would you also remove everything related to it from SS?

It's pointless to hold an entire nation responsible for the attrocities of one man and his personal circle.

Strelok981 and Ikaruss like this post

Back to top Go down
Tzoun9084

PostSubject: Re: Postponement of next update   Postponement of next update Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2022 - 1:13

There is no reason to halt SS patch for putins invasion to ukraine. I find it non sense.
And if it is postponed, when it will start again. Simply never.

x64 engine needs work according to you. DLC system is way back. Main story the same. All delayed for nonsence.

War is something bad, but here we are for the game not for politics

7driv3r7, Strelok981, PsyWarVeteran and Ikaruss like this post

Back to top Go down
Wolf Urine
Novice
Wolf Urine

PostSubject: Re: Postponement of next update   Postponement of next update Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2022 - 11:51

Sorry to hear about the postponement of patch work due to Russia's action in Ukraine.
Personally I never related Stalkersoup to Russia in any way as it is set in Chernobyl, Ukraine, and for the most part accommodates Ukraine nationals surviving in the zone - with the exception of certain foreign nationals, most notably German mercenaries.
Lets hope that the current activity postponing work on the game is short lived but my money is on a protracted problem in the region potentially lasting years.
Lets hope this does not mark the end of the Stalkersoup mod story.
Best wishes to all modders and players, especially those in the region

PsyWarVeteran likes this post

Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: Postponement of next update   Postponement of next update Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2022 - 18:53

I am only delaying the next update until I see the results of this horrific invasion as it may change the game slightly as there are references to Russia I may want to remove completely or make them the true danger facing the zone. In any case releasing this update would be in poor taste if released right now.

codeonion and Fofyhead like this post

Back to top Go down
Strelok981
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Postponement of next update   Postponement of next update Icon_minitimeSun 27 Feb 2022 - 23:03

Ikaruss wrote:

I agree with this, one should not be a hypocrite and accuse only one side, and not look at one's own deeds. There is no need for double standards, and that is largely done. I can say that because I survived the bombing by NATO and the USA that lasted 77 days, 82 children and 2000 civilians were killed, and no one was ever held accountable for those crimes.
Bridges, trains and civilian houses were targeted and the entire bombing was without the consent and permission of the UN Security Council.

I will never support any war, although I believe that Russia has the right to recognize the secessionist former republics of Ukraine, because the great powers of the world have done the same when it comes to Kosovo and recognized that non-existent state. in this respect, the USA and NATO are not at all different from Russia, and there is Afghanistan and Iraq, countries that allegedly had chemical weapons were destroyed, but it turned out to be false information.
So no one can say that he is sinless and that he is absolutely right and that the whole country should not be judged for what individuals have done. The USA killed children and civilians in my country, but it was done by individuals, not all and that is why I would never judge the whole nation on that basis, moreover I adore country music, I follow WWE.
Personally, I think that the game should not be associated with politics and war, but the creator of the game is free to make it the way he wants, especially since the game is free. I will definitely play when a new patch comes out, as I have played for the past 10 years.

Back to top Go down
Ikaruss
Experienced
Ikaruss

PostSubject: Re: Postponement of next update   Postponement of next update Icon_minitimeMon 28 Feb 2022 - 8:07

The sad and unfortunate thing here is the attitude of the admin getting his politics in the way.
Because if he had said something like: due to the obvious situation with Russia and Ukraine, I think it is convenient to delay the update, I think nobody, nobody would have said anything about it.

But no... he had to come out and get political by throwing a stance and taking a side, polarizing the whole issue.

That is a total lack of objectivity and neutrality from an administrator.

As a final thought, I will say that the only thing to condemn here, is the war itself.
At best, have an open and objective mind, so as not to lose sight of who are the people or groups the real creators of the suffering, who are the people or groups that benefit from it.

Back to top Go down
Fofyhead
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Postponement of next update   Postponement of next update Icon_minitimeMon 28 Feb 2022 - 12:44

I agree with ikarus but without the bad words and I don't hate Putin or the Ucraine people but I despise the corruption everywhere and NATO. I love this game and is sad to mix politics. I won't leave the forum because I love this game!
Back to top Go down
MarkedOne
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Postponement of next update   Postponement of next update Icon_minitimeFri 4 Mar 2022 - 15:11

Hey guys,
I really love this game too and i am at the nearly end of the actual version of stalkersoup. I want to express my gratitude to the developer for.this game. It is really awesome. But the delay cause of the situation in the world makes.me.very sad... I hope it will continue soon.
Back to top Go down
Massie
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Postponement of next update   Postponement of next update Icon_minitimeSat 9 Apr 2022 - 20:06

Imma be honest man, I'm just here waiting for the hand-translation update since last year, and I reckon 90% of users here are in the same boat. 
I get your point of "making a statement", but idk what impact you hope to achieve by protesting within a small mod community that has like 5 people actively using the forums.
The only impact you're having is creating a major inconvenience for your dedicated fans that are eagerly awaiting the next update. People understand if update progression is difficult due to Corona, or IRL issues requiring attention, and as far as I've seen people are very supportive if the devs have to delay their work because of that.
Yet it's not your political opinion people are bothered by, but the fact you're roping in the game/mod itself and boycotting it to absolutely no one's benefit.
Like ultimately it's your mod and you get to chose what happens to it, but obviously fans will critcize you if you decide to self-sabotage your game for such a personal and game-unrelated agenda.

PsyWarVeteran and Ikaruss like this post

Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: Postponement of next update   Postponement of next update Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2022 - 15:52

Massie wrote:
Imma be honest man, I'm just here waiting for the hand-translation update since last year, and I reckon 90% of users here are in the same boat. 
I get your point of "making a statement", but idk what impact you hope to achieve by protesting within a small mod community that has like 5 people actively using the forums.
The only impact you're having is creating a major inconvenience for your dedicated fans that are eagerly awaiting the next update. People understand if update progression is difficult due to Corona, or IRL issues requiring attention, and as far as I've seen people are very supportive if the devs have to delay their work because of that.
Yet it's not your political opinion people are bothered by, but the fact you're roping in the game/mod itself and boycotting it to absolutely no one's benefit.
Like ultimately it's your mod and you get to chose what happens to it, but obviously fans will critcize you if you decide to self-sabotage your game for such a personal and game-unrelated agenda.
The reasons are: 1. I have family and friends there and am trying to help. 2. I am considering changing certain dialogs and references to Russia as I feel they have become a real threat to our small planet and I want NOTHING that refers to them in any way, even as enemies. Sorry if you feel I am stepping out of bounds but such heinous actions cannot be tolerated or recognized.
Back to top Go down
Massie
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Postponement of next update   Postponement of next update Icon_minitimeSun 10 Apr 2022 - 20:18

Previous post:
Changing dialogue etc. is fine (to a reasonable degree), because you can argue that this ties into how you want to envision the mod to be, it's really just the "development will halt" part that most fans here are frustrated by.
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: Postponement of next update   Postponement of next update Icon_minitimeThu 14 Apr 2022 - 17:26

There will be a mini patch coming out very soon. The next major update is on hold as the person (great friend) lives in the Ukraine and I have not heard from him since Kyiv was attacked. He was working on the final video and soundtrack which is why development halted. The mini patch will fix zep doc 29 thru 30 and levelup to DLC properly now without the video. If no DLC found, then the game goes to a random spawner that starts the invasion from the North of the NPP with calls for help regularly from loners and factions trying to stop the invasion. I may make the invaders Russian to vilify the sicko Putin invasion of Ukraine with documents discussing the war crimes being committed. I feel for the Russian people as this is not their war and the EX-KGB monster floods them with propaganda, so they don't know what atrocities are being done there (sound familiar?)!
I do hope he and his family are OK as well as the rest of the people of Ukraine!
Back to top Go down
Fofyhead
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Postponement of next update   Postponement of next update Icon_minitimeThu 14 Apr 2022 - 19:01

Thank you for the effort to keep this magnificent game fresh. Its an honor to be able to interact with the developers here and give feedback. My concern and opinion which is no more than that but still valuable as feedback is that this update may have anger and possibly quick judgment and this produce a broken immersion forced narrative, similar to the "Illuminati' narrative into Lost Alpha which they retracted later. Personally I try to be as open minded as I can and thus I consider the existence of BioLabs in Ukraine and that overall the Russian incursion is aimed at non civilian targets. Also the Nazi movements which really exists there can be at least partially responsible for atrocities commited to civilians. That said and I know is tough to hear, I think noone really knows what is really cooking up there because I dont trust the TV, and what the time will show us is the real truth later, so putting a quick temper narrative may worsen the game. If that is the case I will still enjoy the current version nonetheless apart from the fact that my laptop is a potato :')

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Postponement of next update   Postponement of next update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Postponement of next update
Page 1 of 1