StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» About the new 1.1.0019.5 update!
Problem with launcher Icon_minitimeby Aleks1970 Today at 14:01

» StalkerSoup or OP2?
Problem with launcher Icon_minitimeby Fofyhead Thu 26 May 2022 - 14:04

» Guides in SS?
Problem with launcher Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Thu 26 May 2022 - 5:08

» Quest for Le Havre
Problem with launcher Icon_minitimeby WhiteWolf Fri 20 May 2022 - 14:21

» Crash entering level 1
Problem with launcher Icon_minitimeby Aleks1970 Sat 14 May 2022 - 1:54

» The dead guy in the little shed in ATP
Problem with launcher Icon_minitimeby WhiteWolf Tue 10 May 2022 - 13:04

» Early problem after starting a new game
Problem with launcher Icon_minitimeby WhiteWolf Tue 10 May 2022 - 11:32

» Testing S.T.A.L.K.E.R.SOUP Plugins with Photos
Problem with launcher Icon_minitimeby WhiteWolf Tue 10 May 2022 - 5:30

May 2022
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
Sword2012
Problem with launcher I_vote_lcapProblem with launcher I_voting_barProblem with launcher I_vote_rcap 
Fofyhead
Problem with launcher I_vote_lcapProblem with launcher I_voting_barProblem with launcher I_vote_rcap 
Aleks1970
TecnoBacon
Blind_doge
WhiteWolf
Statistics
We have 1409 registered users
The newest registered user is shortime

Our users have posted a total of 11715 messages in 1605 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Problem with launcher

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ikaruss
Experienced
Ikaruss

Problem with launcher Empty
PostSubject: Problem with launcher   Problem with launcher Icon_minitimeSun 26 Dec 2021 - 12:23

Hi, my again.
I'm playing the game now that I have a new computer.
No problems with the game following the guide (well, a few bunch of problems, but I replay some missions to trigger some bugs).

The mayor, but not an big issue, I have it with the launcher when I try to close it:

Problem with launcher Sin_tz11

Yeah, is in spanish, haha...

The translation could be like:
the input chain/string is not in the correct format

I can't close the launcher.
When I hit accept, the message keep popping up over and over again, and I have to use the task manager to end the program.
Any idea?[url=https://servimg.com/view/18556338/25]

Last edited by Ikaruss on Sun 26 Dec 2021 - 12:26; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Capture fix)
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Problem with launcher   Problem with launcher Icon_minitimeSun 26 Dec 2021 - 15:06

Ikaruss wrote:

I can't close the launcher.
When I hit accept, the message keep popping up over and over again, and I have to use the task manager to end the program

Hi Ikaruss. I had the same problem as you, albeit in English, and was unable to resolve it - even by contacting Aleks...  scratch scratch

But once I updated from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro this year, and reinstalled the game, the problem never returned

So I'd suggest reinstalling your game, following the latest version of the Installation Guide [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Please let us know how it goes for you, because every piece of useful feedback goes into the help guides... santa
Back to top Go down
Ikaruss
Experienced
Ikaruss

PostSubject: Re: Problem with launcher   Problem with launcher Icon_minitimeMon 27 Dec 2021 - 5:29

The opposite happened to me:
Before I had windows 7 on my old PC and it worked fine.
Then I changed PC and migrated to windows 10 enterprise, but later for technical reasons, I ended up switching to windows 10 pro.
I thought that it would be an installation problem, so I uninstalled everything, and reinstalled it according to the guide.
In fact I had made the mistake of installing the game on disk C and program files, and now reinstalled on another disk, and in the games folder.
Even so I keep getting the same problem.

It could have to do with some changes in the TB3D Modders file?
It's the only thing that I remember change it in both instalations.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Problem with Launcher    Problem with launcher Icon_minitimeMon 27 Dec 2021 - 7:46

Ikaruss wrote:
The opposite happened to me:
Before I had windows 7 on my old PC and it worked fine.
Then I changed PC and migrated to windows 10 enterprise, but later for technical reasons, I ended up switching to windows 10 pro.
I thought that it would be an installation problem, so I uninstalled everything, and reinstalled it according to the guide.
In fact I had made the mistake of installing the game on disk C and program files, and now reinstalled on another disk, and in the games folder.
Even so I keep getting the same problem.

It could have to do with some changes in the TB3D Modders file?
It's the only thing that I remember change it in both instalations.

If changing TB3D Modders.Script I recommend making a copy of the latest one to a folder away from Stalkersoup, then if adjustments don't work out  you can revert by replacing changed a script by a copy of the one from TB. Also if you change the actor script it can help to have a backup of the entire Stalkersoup folders. But as there are degrees of player eg indestructible mode etc, any adjustments to the actor script should in my opinion be made to the chosen degree as well. Regards TrueB
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Problem with launcher   Problem with launcher Icon_minitimeMon 27 Dec 2021 - 21:19

When I updated to Windows 10, my Windows 7 Ultimate installation was about four years old, and I've found that Windows 7 starts getting flaky after about 18 months, so it needed a re-install anyway. This would probably have cured the problem I had - the same as yours - as I'd never seen it before...

As I mentioned, asking Aleks for help didn't resolve it, even though he sent me several alternative Installer files to try out, so I'm pretty certain the problem lay within Windows, and the way the Installer interacts with it

Although you have a fresh Windows install, you say that you've changed from Windows 10 Enterprise to Pro. Was this a completely fresh install, or an upgrade/downgrade within Windows from one version to another?

The reason I ask is that I've read that changing from one Windows version to another, without doing a completely wipe first, can leave behind registry entries from the previous version, and this is especially noticeable when going from Home to Pro, which can leave you unable to access some of the higher functions of Pro

The problem regarding the Installer is a rare one that we've not able to pinpoint yet, so I'm looking for similarities between our setups that might provide a solution. In both cases it seems to suggest a dodgy or degraded installation of Windows

If I may ask, why did you downgrade from Enterprise to Pro, and how did you go about it, please?

Back to top Go down
Ikaruss
Experienced
Ikaruss

PostSubject: Re: Problem with launcher   Problem with launcher Icon_minitimeTue 28 Dec 2021 - 5:09

No, it was a brand new installation.
In fact, initially I wanted to do an update but the system did not let me, so I formatted my hard drive, and did a complete installation from scratch.

About TB3D Modders.Script, I have only changed the Hit option, setting it to false..

PS:
I will try to change the options to run the program as administrator, to see if something changes there.
I did not do it before because I only have one user in windows, and I am already an admin.
I will inform you if there are changes.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Problem with Launcher    Problem with launcher Icon_minitimeTue 28 Dec 2021 - 11:26

Previous post:

Hi Ikaruss, you mention putting Stalkersoup in a Games folder. I found when putting it in a folder there were Launcher problems but putting it on the SSD within just in a STALKERSOUP folder ran better. I put capital letters because that is the writing format on the folder. Good luck. Regards, TrueB.
Back to top Go down
Ikaruss
Experienced
Ikaruss

PostSubject: Re: Problem with launcher   Problem with launcher Icon_minitimeWed 29 Dec 2021 - 15:12

Well, I was able to solve the launcher problem.
In the options: Game Manager/Launch Options, I check on the Log Output option.
I guess the error is still there, but it doesn't warn me anymore.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problem with launcher   Problem with launcher Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problem with launcher
Page 1 of 1