StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Petrenko's package at Forgotten Forest
Suddenly can't load games or change options (even in regular SHOC) Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 28 Jul 2021 - 10:06

» About the new game update!
Suddenly can't load games or change options (even in regular SHOC) Icon_minitimeby Wolf666 Sun 25 Jul 2021 - 22:12

» Cannot find Crest's URT teleport...
Suddenly can't load games or change options (even in regular SHOC) Icon_minitimeby vitoscarletta* Sun 25 Jul 2021 - 20:22

» Can StalkerSoup be played at 2560x1440 resolution?
Suddenly can't load games or change options (even in regular SHOC) Icon_minitimeby Strelok981 Sat 24 Jul 2021 - 19:34

» Windows Heap Size tweak, for increased stability in Stalkersoup
Suddenly can't load games or change options (even in regular SHOC) Icon_minitimeby TecnoBacon Thu 22 Jul 2021 - 19:21

» Blowout Artefact Spawning
Suddenly can't load games or change options (even in regular SHOC) Icon_minitimeby TecnoBacon Thu 22 Jul 2021 - 19:10

» Problem with Lightning and dropping isomorphic plastic explosive
Suddenly can't load games or change options (even in regular SHOC) Icon_minitimeby pchester Fri 16 Jul 2021 - 13:49

» Why so many Monolith in Radar?
Suddenly can't load games or change options (even in regular SHOC) Icon_minitimeby Wolf Urine Tue 6 Jul 2021 - 11:18

July 2021
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
Wolf Urine
Suddenly can't load games or change options (even in regular SHOC) I_vote_lcapSuddenly can't load games or change options (even in regular SHOC) I_voting_barSuddenly can't load games or change options (even in regular SHOC) I_vote_rcap 
pchester
Suddenly can't load games or change options (even in regular SHOC) I_vote_lcapSuddenly can't load games or change options (even in regular SHOC) I_voting_barSuddenly can't load games or change options (even in regular SHOC) I_vote_rcap 
Statistics
We have 1250 registered users
The newest registered user is BasedGigaChad

Our users have posted a total of 11133 messages in 1508 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Suddenly can't load games or change options (even in regular SHOC)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nekomaster
Novice
nekomaster

Suddenly can't load games or change options (even in regular SHOC) Empty
PostSubject: Suddenly can't load games or change options (even in regular SHOC)   Suddenly can't load games or change options (even in regular SHOC) Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jun 2021 - 21:26

So today I was playing a bit of STALKERSOUP and had to go out for a bit, came back and my computer was being a bit weird (turns out it was just a loose DVI cable) and so I restarted my PC.

After restarting there wasn't any update thingy, just went strait to the Windows 10 log in screen.
First thing I did was try to load up the game and it just sat at a black screen and I couldn't do anything because task manager was stuck behind it (so I couldn't close the game)

I restarted the PC again, opened task manager on a different monitor and than tried the game again, and still ran into a black screen on loading a save.

I tried a couple other saves including some older saves and I still run into the same Black screen and task manager says theres 0% CPU and 0% Disk usage and that the game isn't responding even when I leave it for 10 minute to go make lunch and a coffee.

I also tried my seperate install of Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl with no mods and that also does the same thing.

Just in case it was something with the video settings I tried changing the game to static lighting and minimal graphics but the game also goes black and hang ups when I hit Accept on the options screen (even if I dont change anything).

Last thing I tried doing was moving my user.ltx settings file somewhere else and let the game start with fresh settings but that didn't work either (couldn't even set the game to 1920x1080 without it doing the same lockup black screen).

I honestly have NO idea what the hell is going on since the game was working just fine earlier.

I would post a log file but theres nothing in the log, the game isn't able to make a log because it just hangs up and the xray log file shows nothing inside and 0KB.

And just a reminder, I'm on Windows 10 64-bit on a i5-9600K, 64GB RAM, and a GTX 1660 running the game on a 2TB M.2 drive.

PS. Nothing else I play is running into issues, just anything to do with Shadow of Chernobyl including STALKER SOUP (the only other STALKER game I have is ANomaly and that works just fine)
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Suddenly can't load games or change options (even in regular SHOC)   Suddenly can't load games or change options (even in regular SHOC) Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2021 - 14:06

Original message:

Hi nekomaster, sorry to hear about your STALKER game issues. I am not a techie, so I'm not sure how much help I can be. If my suggestions don't work, hopefully someone with more knowledge will be able to suggest something better.

- Is StalkerSoup installed on your Windows drive? It is highly advised not to install on 'C', although I am not sure if a separate partition on the same drive is okay - check the installation guide [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] if you haven't already done so.

- Are you running StalkerSoup and SSoC on a different drive from your other games that work? If so, it could be a problem with that drive. (Although I doubt it, as you can at least get as far as a black screen!)

- StalkerSoup is a stand-alone installation, so the fact that you are having the same problem with SSoC suggests that the issue is related to something outside the actual games. Both games require 32-bit support, whereas Anomaly (which you say works) is 64-bit. System File Checker might identify any system files that are missing or corrupted, or you could try running StalkerSoup in Windows 7 or even XP Compatibility Mode and see if that helps.

Otherwise all I can suggest is to try a complete reinstall of the game and hope that whatever is wrong gets corrected. You can rename your current STALKERSOUP installation to avoid overwriting it if there are things that you want to keep.

Sorry I can't be more help. Good luck Stalker...
Back to top Go down
nekomaster
Novice
nekomaster

PostSubject: Re: Suddenly can't load games or change options (even in regular SHOC)   Suddenly can't load games or change options (even in regular SHOC) Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun 2021 - 21:28

I keep my games on a seperate partition on my M.2 SSD, so StalkerSoup and SHOC are running off the D: Drive/Partition. the D drive is basically my Primary game and user data drive so all my other games that work that I play semi-frequently are also on there and still work.

I have tried using WIndows 7 compatibility mode and running both games with it and with administrator mode and that doesnt help.

When I open stalkersoup or SHOC and close it when it gets to the main menu, the only "serious" error I see in the xray engine logs is that its complaining that theres no registry entry for Software/GCS Game World/SSHOC or something like that.

This is the first time since running windows 10 when it came out that I've had weird issues with STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl (and thus also with STalkerSoup)

I would do a reinstall but I'd have to download the installer for either game again since I've manage to loose the installers (probably cleaning up my files thinking I'd never need the installers again so long as I dont have any drive failures or modify anything stupid)

I've also tried different rendering options and even removing the user.ltx file and even that doesnt help (the game reverts to its default low-resolution settings and even trying to set the resolution to 1920x1080 also causes the black screen issue and not responding message in task manager)

*Mind you* The black screen/not responding issue happens when ever I try to start a new game, load a existing save (be it recent or old saves for the same gameplay) or when trying to change any settings.
For some reason the game still accepts stuff like "cfg_save" in the console.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Suddenly can't load games or change options (even in regular SHOC)   Suddenly can't load games or change options (even in regular SHOC) Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun 2021 - 22:35

Again with the caveat of my limited knowledge, the thing that concerns me the most is the reported registry error. If your 32-bit game registry entries have somehow been removed or altered, that could be the issue. You could try a registry search and see what comes up for StalkerSoup - e.g., do the entries point to the correct address?

I don't know when the registry entries are written during installation, but if it is at the start of the process, this worked for me in another game...  

- rename your current game folder;
- start a new installation to create a new game folder with the necessary registry entries;
- break out of the installation;
- delete the new installation folder and rename your original folder back again.

If that doesn't work, other than a full reinstall I am out of ideas.
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator
TecnoBacon

PostSubject: Re: Suddenly can't load games or change options (even in regular SHOC)   Suddenly can't load games or change options (even in regular SHOC) Icon_minitimeFri 25 Jun 2021 - 0:45

I have had several others with the same issue after a windows update. For some reason it uninstalled direct X 9/11 so reinstalling direct x will most likely fix your issue.
Back to top Go down
http://tecnobacon.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suddenly can't load games or change options (even in regular SHOC)   Suddenly can't load games or change options (even in regular SHOC) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suddenly can't load games or change options (even in regular SHOC)
Page 1 of 1