StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» The game crashes every time dozens of NPCs are fighting...
Discord server? Icon_minitimeby pchester Yesterday at 18:48

» StalkerSoup completed (for now)!
Discord server? Icon_minitimeby Fenrir Fri 17 Sep 2021 - 17:03

» Help required for starting Soul Cube mission
Discord server? Icon_minitimeby valalla Wed 15 Sep 2021 - 15:55

» Old version of Stalkersoup
Discord server? Icon_minitimeby TrueB Tue 14 Sep 2021 - 1:53

» I need help with Cyclops' riddle
Discord server? Icon_minitimeby pchester Sun 12 Sep 2021 - 17:55

» Petrenko's death...?
Discord server? Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Sat 11 Sep 2021 - 2:41

» Discord server?
Discord server? Icon_minitimeby yeong Fri 10 Sep 2021 - 19:05

» Can't get the controller brain for Sviblov
Discord server? Icon_minitimeby pchester Tue 7 Sep 2021 - 12:54

September 2021
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
No user
Statistics
We have 1276 registered users
The newest registered user is AZ

Our users have posted a total of 11237 messages in 1525 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 254 on Thu 8 Apr 2021 - 17:10

Discord server?

Go down 
+2
Fenrir
Warezz.K
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Warezz.K
Novice
Warezz.K

Discord server? Empty
PostSubject: Discord server?   Discord server? Icon_minitimeThu 10 Jun 2021 - 18:12

Hello fellow!

Do you have a discord server? And if not, what do you think about this? It's very popular between gamers, mods, even companies etc. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.warezzk.cz/
Fenrir
Novice
Fenrir

Discord server? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discord server?   Discord server? Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2021 - 5:50

I want to know this too
Back to top Go down
TecnoBacon
Administrator
TecnoBacon

Discord server? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discord server?   Discord server? Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug 2021 - 15:53

I am looking at discord and possibly my own servers now that I have fiber optic but it will only become available when I have completed the new engine which is still a ways off.
Back to top Go down
http://tecnobacon.com
TecnoBacon
Administrator
TecnoBacon

Discord server? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discord server?   Discord server? Icon_minitimeWed 8 Sep 2021 - 20:02

So far after testing several games hosted by discord I am not happy with it. Disconnections, stalls and long down times are the main reasons I may not use it. It appears to me that they are way overselling thier service which is the main cause of all the problems, will look at other hosting solutions.
Back to top Go down
http://tecnobacon.com
yeong
Novice

Discord server? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discord server?   Discord server? Icon_minitimeThu 9 Sep 2021 - 19:38

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
So far after testing several games hosted by discord I am not happy with it. Disconnections, stalls and long down times are the main reasons I may not use it. It appears to me that they are way overselling thier service which is the main cause of all the problems, will look at other hosting solutions.

i think the idea behind the question was more to have a community server where people could maybe get updates/discuss stalkersoup/share content more readily and frequently. not to host games on there, its mainly a chat client.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

Discord server? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discord server?   Discord server? Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2021 - 3:30

TB has been looking for a proper, professional hosting service for a long time. A Dropbox Pro account was unsuitable because it couldn't cope with the sheer amount of downloads. ModDB was found to be a very dated platform, which now only hosts StalkerSoup's previous obsolete builds. Mega is clunky, and demands a paid-for account to do a full download in one go

Which means that the main means of downloading the game currently is via torrents seeded by players, which is considerably inconsistent depending on which time zone you're in, and whose PC's are actually running  No

It was a big move when this forum was forced to separate from Steam five years ago, so notwithstanding the feasibility of a more modern chat client, and assuming that we wanted to move away from this now well-established forum, wouldn't it make better sense to use the associated client of a decent hosting service from which you could also download the game itself?
Back to top Go down
aZmoDen
Experienced
aZmoDen

Discord server? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discord server?   Discord server? Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2021 - 5:28

Since most people who play games use discord for dozens of different games it makes sense from a player perspective to ask about something that, for most of us is pretty common/standard in gaming atm Smile

I also would like to point out that if Anomaly can exist on moddb with its hundreds of mods (games is available by moddb, torrent and dropbox/mega) stalkersoup could too!
There is always nexusmods too altho you need an account there to download.
Regards,
Azzy
Back to top Go down
yeong
Novice

Discord server? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discord server?   Discord server? Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2021 - 6:13

how big is the mod in its current state? as in, version 1.10019.1. would it be possible to make a 7z repack of the current version and host it on google drive? you get 15gbs free, if its over that google drive isnt too expensive though i would understand not wanting to rely on paid hosting. this method would be much easier than what there is now, and you could create a locked (as in, one only admins would have permissions to post/edit messages in but others can still see) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] channel on the discord that consists of only a link to the google drive repack.

what azmoden said is also true, moddb is a fine platform. plenty of other large mods use it
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

Discord server? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discord server?   Discord server? Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2021 - 17:18

The current download for version 1.10012 of the base game plus its verifier is 7.22Gb, and the Updater carries it forward after that

I should have included that it's also available on Google Drive [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as mentioned in the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
yeong
Novice

Discord server? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discord server?   Discord server? Icon_minitimeFri 10 Sep 2021 - 19:05

is the updater really necessary? i'm wondering how big it is after the updater has done its thing, and whether that could be uploaded in full instead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Discord server? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discord server?   Discord server? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discord server?
Page 1 of 1