I have a problem. Some weapons have a distorted texture when viewed in first person mode. The effect is more pronounced when using iron-sights. Some examples:
- SIG SG-552 'Commando'
- AEK 971
The distortion on these weapons looks as if the texture is sliding over the geometry as the camera moves. There is a high gloss/reflectivity factor.
Also, there is another distortion effect, which I will describe separately because it appears visually distinct from the first.
These weapons appear very "bumpy," and also high gloss.
- AKM (entire model)
- VZ-58 (just the wood furniture)
Here are some things I have tried:
- Various settings of parallax and gloss factor.
- All 3 rendering options (DX9, DX11, DX11 extended).
- Different resolutions / aspect ratio
- Examination of and experimentation with shader settings file
- Different lighting settings
lastly, I am not sure if it is worth mentioning, but the UV layout of the weapon from Strelok's den is somehow damaged for me, the texture is splayed all over the model.
Only other modification to STALKERSOUP is addition of Russian spoken dialogue into the sounds gamedata folder.
GPU is Radeon RX 580 Series, 8GB VRAM. Resolution 2560x1440, max settings.
If this problem sounds familiar to anyone, can we discuss?