StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Crashing endlessly at the Dump after leaving NPP2 control
Texture of weapons is distorted Icon_minitimeby pchester Today at 15:19

» NPCs missing on Mini-map at X-16
Texture of weapons is distorted Icon_minitimeby zoust Today at 9:01

» Cannot find Maples' special zombie outside the Yantar factory
Texture of weapons is distorted Icon_minitimeby pchester Yesterday at 10:43

» Take a special photograph for Lightning quests
Texture of weapons is distorted Icon_minitimeby banditk00 Sat 6 Mar 2021 - 22:02

» Cemetery in the swamps?
Texture of weapons is distorted Icon_minitimeby banditk00 Tue 2 Mar 2021 - 13:29

» Number of maps in the Zone?
Texture of weapons is distorted Icon_minitimeby pchester Tue 2 Mar 2021 - 13:01

» Find the data disk for Panther
Texture of weapons is distorted Icon_minitimeby banditk00 Mon 1 Mar 2021 - 20:15

» Shotgun animation
Texture of weapons is distorted Icon_minitimeby PhilShifty11 Sun 28 Feb 2021 - 6:07

March 2021
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
zoust
Texture of weapons is distorted I_vote_lcapTexture of weapons is distorted I_voting_barTexture of weapons is distorted I_vote_rcap 
pchester
Texture of weapons is distorted I_vote_lcapTexture of weapons is distorted I_voting_barTexture of weapons is distorted I_vote_rcap 
PhilShifty11
Statistics
We have 1167 registered users
The newest registered user is tokin420

Our users have posted a total of 10932 messages in 1471 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 148 on Wed 3 Jul 2019 - 13:42

Texture of weapons is distorted

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mutante
Zombie

Texture of weapons is distorted Empty
PostSubject: Texture of weapons is distorted   Texture of weapons is distorted Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2021 - 1:28

Hello,

I have a problem. Some weapons have a distorted texture when viewed in first person mode. The effect is more pronounced when using iron-sights. Some examples:

• SIG SG-552 'Commando'
  • AEK 971
  • AK-47

The distortion on these weapons looks as if the texture is sliding over the geometry as the camera moves. There is a high gloss/reflectivity factor.

Also, there is another distortion effect, which I will describe separately because it appears visually distinct from the first.
These weapons appear very "bumpy," and also high gloss.

• AKM (entire model)
  • VZ-58 (just the wood furniture)

Here are some things I have tried:

• Various settings of parallax and gloss factor.
  • All 3 rendering options (DX9, DX11, DX11 extended).
  • Different resolutions / aspect ratio
  • Examination of and experimentation with shader settings file
  • Different lighting settings

lastly, I am not sure if it is worth mentioning, but the UV layout of the weapon from Strelok's den is somehow damaged for me, the texture is splayed all over the model.

Only other modification to STALKERSOUP is addition of Russian spoken dialogue into the sounds gamedata folder.

GPU is Radeon RX 580 Series, 8GB VRAM. Resolution 2560x1440, max settings.

If this problem sounds familiar to anyone, can we discuss?
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Texture of weapons is distorted   Texture of weapons is distorted Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2021 - 4:11

Hi mutante

Before we investigate further, please go into the Modders Script, because if you're playing the latest version 1.10019.1 there's a fault in it

To correct this, you need to set Line 513, sun_near  to 48 and save your changes before launching the game

You'll find the 'tb3d_modders' script in your ‘STALKERSOUP/gamedata/scripts’ folder

Please let us know if this fixes your problem
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Texture of weapons is distorted   Texture of weapons is distorted Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2021 - 12:47

If Sword's suggestion doesn't solve this issue, please post some screenshots showing the problem textures.
(Screenshot key is F12. Screenshots are stored in your STALKERSOUP\_appdata_\screenshots\ folder.)
Back to top Go down
mutante
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Texture of weapons is distorted   Texture of weapons is distorted Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2021 - 15:36

Hi guys, thank you for the suggestions. Unfortunately the sun_near modification did not affect this issue. Here is an image, for some reason the F12 key did not work, so I used screen grab. It is difficult to depict the problem with still images as it relies on motion to become apparent.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have rotated the view maybe 120 degrees while aiming down the sight. During rotation, the texture of the AEK is affected by the lighting in a strange way. Almost like the normal/bump map is inverted. If you look at some details you can see how the lighting has changed, for example the two circular details at the base of the dust cover plate. Other weapons such as the SIG SG-552, the entire weapon is highly reflective and mirror-like during rotation. Unfortunately I had sold all the ones I was carrying so I didn't have any to screenshot. Let me know if this makes sense.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Texture of weapons is distorted   Texture of weapons is distorted Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2021 - 18:19

I see what you mean about a still image not conveying a problem that you see when you are moving. Unfortunately I am far from being an expert where lighting settings are concerned, and to me this just looks like a different angle of lighting playing across the surface.

The only other thing I can think of is to try a different Mode setting in the game launcher - I have had graphical issues with DX11 Extended in the past, and switching to DX11 solved it for me until DX11 Extended was updated.

If that doesn't narrow it down, hopefully Sword or Aleks will be able to suggest other things that you can try.
Back to top Go down
mutante
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Texture of weapons is distorted   Texture of weapons is distorted Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2021 - 19:07

Okay, an interesting development, if I switch to "Static lighting" with DX9 the issue goes away. However what am I missing out on by using DX-9?
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Texture of weapons is distorted   Texture of weapons is distorted Icon_minitimeFri 19 Feb 2021 - 19:44

The game currently uses a highly modified 32-bit engine, which needs to be tweaked further to work with each user's system

Which is why, instead of turning everything up to 11 after installing, it's better to start off simply in native DX9 and then try adding extras one by one and getting them to work

You have a superbly specified system, but it may be too much for the game in its current form until the 64-bit version is released and tested

Please take a look at the Installation Guide [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], as there are many system tweaks in it that may help you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Texture of weapons is distorted   Texture of weapons is distorted Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Texture of weapons is distorted
Page 1 of 1