StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» And... I'm back. Level 1 Collector issues....
Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10.... Icon_minitimeby dmjhel Today at 3:34

» Kostya stash abandoned factory help
Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10.... Icon_minitimeby PhilShifty11 Sat 23 Jan 2021 - 20:34

» Chernobyl: A Stalker's Guide review
Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10.... Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Fri 22 Jan 2021 - 3:14

» Bar to Warehouses transition missing
Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10.... Icon_minitimeby kd6dm Fri 15 Jan 2021 - 23:08

» Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10....
Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10.... Icon_minitimeby dmjhel Sun 10 Jan 2021 - 18:38

» About a new game update!
Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10.... Icon_minitimeby TrueB Fri 8 Jan 2021 - 11:41

» Stuck as hell - with NPCs not spawning!
Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10.... Icon_minitimeby SerbianStrelok Mon 4 Jan 2021 - 14:55

» What killed me here?
Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10.... Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 30 Dec 2020 - 20:58

January 2021
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
dmjhel
Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10.... I_vote_lcapScratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10.... I_voting_barScratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10.... I_vote_rcap 
Statistics
We have 1147 registered users
The newest registered user is Sabal

Our users have posted a total of 10784 messages in 1431 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 148 on Wed 3 Jul 2019 - 13:42

Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dmjhel
Novice

Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10.... Empty
PostSubject: Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10....   Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10.... Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2020 - 6:45

Gentlemen, I've got an exasperating  problem. When last you heard from me, I was stuck in the Generators. While pursuing your previous advice, my laptop crashed & burnt. Don't ask me just what went wrong, I'm dumb mechanic. My Computer Guy said something about corrupted Windows 7 files..... I dunno, I just pay his bill. Anyway, he fixed it & installed Windows 10. I reloaded & updated Stalkersoup & started over again. I began noting gathering errors. Syak didn't offer me the start of the Soul Cube quest.... A couple side quests either didn't complete correctly or were never offered. Barkeep never offered the Bandit Camp Elimination at Agroprom. General Voronin didn't offer his Bandit job in the Garbage. When I returned from NPP for the first time after the Wish Granter, I didn't get the Bandit elimination job & , therefore did not receive the SIG 550 Necro rifle(one of my favorites). Now, after completed the Le Harve strings, I can't get Yacult to give me the jobs to advance the Fang & Ghost line.... Well, yeah... Bout that... Ok, I understand that overly large stashes of loot can cause problems & I do have a couple very large stashes.... Very, very large stashes. Can I just liquidate the excess or do I have to back up & start again..... Any thoughts? New update soon? Love the game, keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Scratching my head   Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10.... Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2020 - 7:23

Hi dmjhel,
Which version are you on? Syak doesn't give the Soul Cube. There are 2 excellent walkthrough guides now by pchester; if you read through them, they will show a route worth following esp to learn it. Stalkersoup is worth multiple plays imo. The bandit missions really seem more about keeping a continuous firefight opportunity. My MO has only once in 8 years, achieved the Voronin mission. As far as the Barkeep's mission goes, this is imo a repeater, just like Sak always wanting the same order of artefacts and mutant parts.  Both missions give the contents of the bandits' rucksacks, many times. Good hunting, TrueB.

Novice

PostSubject: Re: Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10....   Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10.... Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2020 - 7:40

I've been working off of Pchesters' A Walk through Stalkersoup, & following it fairly closely. I did dive into the Swamps before he did. Not sure if that was the problem. Anyhow, I was referring to the trader at Clear Sky base. No, not Syak.... Syslov? The trader in the mask, not Cold. He was suppose to offer the Soul Cube for a grocery list of loot & a special machine gun I've never found. Yeah. Voronins' bandit mission never completes, just gives you someone to shoot at whenever your in the area. I might just just start over & run Pchesters' guide strictly without building up big stashes & see what happens. Thank you, Sir. I welcome any advice you might have. J
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10....   Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10.... Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2020 - 10:11

Hi dmjhel. I am glad to hear that you are finding the walkthrough helpful. It is just a record of my game, though, and there are many places where you can visit area and do things in a different order. You shouldn't need to follow the walkthrough explicitly, but hopefully it will give you some pointers if you get stuck.

You can visit the swamp at any time after getting the transition, I just prefer to leave it until later as I feel there is more than enough to do early on. Whenever you do go there, all of the regular Clear Sky tasks should be available. The Soul Cube quest is slightly different, and I don't think it becomes available until you have reached a certain point in the game (Brain Scorcher? not sure...) but Syslov will have the dialogue about 'specialized items' when all of the required game conditions have been met.

Unfortunately a few of the "I need a job..." missions from Voronin and Lukash have been bugged for some time - they give you a map marker but there is nothing there. For now I tend to ignore them and do other things.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master

PostSubject: Scratching my head   Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10.... Icon_minitimeWed 1 Jul 2020 - 14:25

Hi pchester, whilst I agree that it helps to do other parts, I generally go straight to the Swamp, after the transition is given; do the village clerk mission, then go to Clear Sky base and only see Syslov. I make a bet and once about 3,500ru are won  leave the winnings with Syslov, and go through to Agroprom, or Cordon, avoiding NPCs. Thus the wager starts to gain interest until it reaches 300,000ru; then I draw half for MO's spends, and the remaining 150,000ru soon rebuilds; thus providing useful extra income throuout the remainder of the game. All the best inc safety, TrueB.

EDIT: Hi dmjhel, Here is a spoiler; please click on the black line if you wish to see Soul Cube items
Spoiler:

Regards, TrueB.

Last edited by Sword2012 on Wed 1 Jul 2020 - 15:15; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling error)
Back to top Go down
dmjhel
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10....   Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10.... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Dec 2020 - 6:21

A very UN-PC Merry Christmas to all Stalkers. May your Vodka bottles be full & may the coal Santa left in your stockings stoke the camp fire tonight. Once again, I have a bit of a problem.... I'm in Limansk working thru the process of getting to the teleport to Dead City. Pchesters' guide says to drop the cigar box & get the isomorphic ammo, then input the code on the key pad to release the bubble teleport to access the lever. Well, it doesn't work. I get an SMS message telling me to place the recognition key object at the foot of the stairs.... I back up, enter the code first then drop the cigar box. Nothing, the box hits the floor & the bubble stays put. Is there some trick to getting this done right? Yours, J
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10....   Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10.... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Dec 2020 - 13:24

Hi dmjhel.

I just tested this again and I still get the same result. In my experience, dropping the cigar box on the top step only gives me the isomorphic ammo if I do so before entering the code. If I drop it after entering the code, the box just remains where I dropped it.

However, dropping the cigar box doesn't seem to have any bearing on the bubble blocking the lever. Whether or not I drop the box, entering the correct code
Spoiler:

removes the teleport blocker and gives me a message that the Passkey has been received. Using the lever then teleports me into the end room.
Back to top Go down
dmjhel
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10....   Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10.... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Dec 2020 - 20:08

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hi dmjhel.

I just tested this again and I still get the same result. In my experience, dropping the cigar box on the top step only gives me the isomorphic ammo if I do so before entering the code. If I drop it after entering the code, the box just remains where I dropped it.

However, dropping the cigar box doesn't seem to have any bearing on the bubble blocking the lever. Whether or not I drop the box, entering the correct code
Spoiler:

removes the teleport blocker and gives me a message that the Passkey has been received. Using the lever then teleports me into the end room.

Hhhmmm. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.... Refresh my memory, just where are you supposed to find the door code? I don't remember actually receiving it. Might not mean anything, but a small mistake might upset things like this.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10....   Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10.... Icon_minitimeSat 26 Dec 2020 - 21:47

Refresh my memory, just where are you supposed to find the door code? I don't remember actually receiving it. Might not mean anything, but a small mistake might upset things like this.

The first clue about the number is in your Diary under Door Codes - Info from the dead Monolithian. This entry includes the code 886677.

Next, the cigar box that came through Lightning's portal contains a note warning you that "I have changed the six-digit code by transposiong the three numeric groups"...

Finally, the photograph of the Monolith Stone that you took for Maximilian had the correct number overprinted. You asked Pilgrim to use his darkroom skills to remove the number before you gave the photo to Maximilian. (I think this was recorded in your diary, but I can't remember where.)
Back to top Go down
dmjhel
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10....   Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10.... Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2020 - 0:04

Yeah, I remember all of that. So, why am I getting a different message & result?
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10....   Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10.... Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2020 - 13:44

What message(s) are you receiving? Whether or not I drop the box, I get the following messages when I enter the code:
Quote :
Code accepted. The recognition area for the passkey item has been activated. Place the passkey at the foot of the steps to release the teleport locking lever...

Teleport locking lever secured

Passkey received. Locking lever released. Teleport activated...

I can then approach and use the lever.
Back to top Go down
dmjhel
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10....   Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10.... Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2020 - 19:02

That's the same as mine. However, after that, the bubble teleport remains. I discovered that I could get close enough to pull the lever without tripping the bubble teleport. But, instead of seeing the f use message, I get a disconnected message. When I pull the lever, the ground starts shaking & grumbling like something is about to happen, but nothing does.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10....   Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10.... Icon_minitimeSun 27 Dec 2020 - 22:33

It sounds as if you can get close enough to the lever to trigger the 'special effects', but not close enough to activate the teleport. Sorry, I can't think of anything else that you might have missed, or any other way to bypass the blocking portal. I suggest that you send your save game to Aleks - adoler(at)gmail.com - and he may be able to figure out what is wrong.

In the meantime, I could try to play your game past that point. No promises, but if you want to try this, please PM me for my email address.
Back to top Go down
dmjhel
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10....   Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10.... Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2020 - 2:50

I have no idea how to send a save. If you can send me instructions, I'll give it a try
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10....   Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10.... Icon_minitimeTue 29 Dec 2020 - 6:39

I have no idea how to send a save

While still in the game, press Esc, and in the Menu create a save with a descriptive name

Come out of the game, and copy the appropriate .sav file from your STALKERSOUP/_appdata_/saves folder

You can then email it with a written description of the error you're experiencing

You don’t need to send the associated .dds file
Back to top Go down
dmjhel
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10....   Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10.... Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jan 2021 - 16:28

Hey, pchester. Have you made any progress with my stuck teleport? Haven't heard anything from you. Yours, J.
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10....   Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10.... Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jan 2021 - 18:34

Hey, pchester. Have you made any progress with my stuck teleport? Haven't heard anything from you. Yours, J.

Sorry dmjhel, but I haven't received your save game so I haven't been able to try playing it. I was having some mailbox problems with my ISP over the Christmas period, so it is possible that it got bounced.

Please try again and send me your save game (*.sav) - preferably from before you entered Limansk - and I will have a look. If you don't have my address, you should find it in my last Private Message to you.
Back to top Go down
dmjhel
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10....   Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10.... Icon_minitimeSun 10 Jan 2021 - 18:38

Ok, will do.

EDIT: Can you PM me the address you want me to mail to? Want to be certain it's correct. I.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10....   Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10....
Page 1 of 1