StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything StalkerSoup related...

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Kruglov... the idiot
Scratching my head.... Icon_minitimeby TrueB Yesterday at 13:50

» Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...
Scratching my head.... Icon_minitimeby TrueB Thu 2 Jul 2020 - 9:57

» Scratching my head....
Scratching my head.... Icon_minitimeby TrueB Wed 1 Jul 2020 - 14:25

» Have the music on the flashdrives
Scratching my head.... Icon_minitimeby Ikaruss Wed 1 Jul 2020 - 10:42

» Vehicles. Instructions for use?
Scratching my head.... Icon_minitimeby joy division Mon 29 Jun 2020 - 21:31

» Finding the red pseudogiant
Scratching my head.... Icon_minitimeby TrueB Mon 29 Jun 2020 - 1:39

» Spanish Translation?
Scratching my head.... Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Sun 28 Jun 2020 - 18:10

» Error message and help/support subforum
Scratching my head.... Icon_minitimeby papanoel Fri 26 Jun 2020 - 18:05

July 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
TrueB
Scratching my head.... I_vote_lcapScratching my head.... I_voting_barScratching my head.... I_vote_rcap 
pchester
Scratching my head.... I_vote_lcapScratching my head.... I_voting_barScratching my head.... I_vote_rcap 
Ikaruss
dmjhel
joy division
r3mot3control
Statistics
We have 1022 registered users
The newest registered user is Whistler77

Our users have posted a total of 10352 messages in 1359 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 148 on Wed 3 Jul 2019 - 13:42

Scratching my head....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dmjhel
Novice

Scratching my head.... Empty
PostSubject: Scratching my head....   Scratching my head.... Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2020 - 6:45

Gentlemen, I've got an exasperating  problem. When last you heard from me, I was stuck in the Generators. While pursuing your previous advice, my laptop crashed & burnt. Don't ask me just what went wrong, I'm dumb mechanic. My Computer Guy said something about corrupted Windows 7 files..... I dunno, I just pay his bill. Anyway, he fixed it & installed Windows 10. I reloaded & updated Stalkersoup & started over again. I began noting gathering errors. Syak didn't offer me the start of the Soul Cube quest.... A couple side quests either didn't complete correctly or were never offered. Barkeep never offered the Bandit Camp Elimination at Agroprom. General Voronin didn't offer his Bandit job in the Garbage. When I returned from NPP for the first time after the Wish Granter, I didn't get the Bandit elimination job & , therefore did not receive the SIG 550 Necro rifle(one of my favorites). Now, after completed the Le Harve strings, I can't get Yacult to give me the jobs to advance the Fang & Ghost line.... Well, yeah... Bout that... Ok, I understand that overly large stashes of loot can cause problems & I do have a couple very large stashes.... Very, very large stashes. Can I just liquidate the excess or do I have to back up & start again..... Any thoughts? New update soon? Love the game, keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master
TrueB

PostSubject: Scratching my head   Scratching my head.... Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2020 - 7:23

Hi dmjhel,
Which version are you on? Syak doesn't give the Soul Cube. There are 2 excellent walkthrough guides now by pchester; if you read through them, they will show a route worth following esp to learn it. Stalkersoup is worth multiple plays imo. The bandit missions really seem more about keeping a continuous firefight opportunity. My MO has only once in 8 years, achieved the Voronin mission. As far as the Barkeep's mission goes, this is imo a repeater, just like Sak always wanting the same order of artefacts and mutant parts.  Both missions give the contents of the bandits' rucksacks, many times. Good hunting, TrueB.

Novice

PostSubject: Re: Scratching my head....   Scratching my head.... Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2020 - 7:40

I've been working off of Pchesters' A Walk through Stalkersoup, & following it fairly closely. I did dive into the Swamps before he did. Not sure if that was the problem. Anyhow, I was referring to the trader at Clear Sky base. No, not Syak.... Syslov? The trader in the mask, not Cold. He was suppose to offer the Soul Cube for a grocery list of loot & a special machine gun I've never found. Yeah. Voronins' bandit mission never completes, just gives you someone to shoot at whenever your in the area. I might just just start over & run Pchesters' guide strictly without building up big stashes & see what happens. Thank you, Sir. I welcome any advice you might have. J
Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Scratching my head....   Scratching my head.... Icon_minitimeTue 30 Jun 2020 - 10:11

Hi dmjhel. I am glad to hear that you are finding the walkthrough helpful. It is just a record of my game, though, and there are many places where you can visit area and do things in a different order. You shouldn't need to follow the walkthrough explicitly, but hopefully it will give you some pointers if you get stuck.

You can visit the swamp at any time after getting the transition, I just prefer to leave it until later as I feel there is more than enough to do early on. Whenever you do go there, all of the regular Clear Sky tasks should be available. The Soul Cube quest is slightly different, and I don't think it becomes available until you have reached a certain point in the game (Brain Scorcher? not sure...) but Syslov will have the dialogue about 'specialized items' when all of the required game conditions have been met.

Unfortunately a few of the "I need a job..." missions from Voronin and Lukash have been bugged for some time - they give you a map marker but there is nothing there. For now I tend to ignore them and do other things.
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master
TrueB

PostSubject: Scratching my head   Scratching my head.... Icon_minitimeWed 1 Jul 2020 - 14:25

Hi pchester, whilst I agree that it helps to do other parts, I generally go straight to the Swamp, after the transition is given; do the village clerk mission, then go to Clear Sky base and only see Syslov. I make a bet and once about 3,500ru are won  leave the winnings with Syslov, and go through to Agroprom, or Cordon, avoiding NPCs. Thus the wager starts to gain interest until it reaches 300,000ru; then I draw half for MO's spends, and the remaining 150,000ru soon rebuilds; thus providing useful extra income throuout the remainder of the game. All the best inc safety, TrueB.

EDIT: Hi dmjhel, Here is a spoiler; please click on the black line if you wish to see Soul Cube items
Spoiler:

Regards, TrueB.

Last edited by Sword2012 on Wed 1 Jul 2020 - 15:15; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling error)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scratching my head....   Scratching my head.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scratching my head....
Page 1 of 1