StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official StalkerSoup forum

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» And... I'm back. Level 1 Collector issues....
Bioradar loss of display Icon_minitimeby dmjhel Today at 3:34

» Kostya stash abandoned factory help
Bioradar loss of display Icon_minitimeby PhilShifty11 Sat 23 Jan 2021 - 20:34

» Chernobyl: A Stalker's Guide review
Bioradar loss of display Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Fri 22 Jan 2021 - 3:14

» Bar to Warehouses transition missing
Bioradar loss of display Icon_minitimeby kd6dm Fri 15 Jan 2021 - 23:08

» Scratching my head - after moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10....
Bioradar loss of display Icon_minitimeby dmjhel Sun 10 Jan 2021 - 18:38

» About a new game update!
Bioradar loss of display Icon_minitimeby TrueB Fri 8 Jan 2021 - 11:41

» Stuck as hell - with NPCs not spawning!
Bioradar loss of display Icon_minitimeby SerbianStrelok Mon 4 Jan 2021 - 14:55

» What killed me here?
Bioradar loss of display Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 30 Dec 2020 - 20:58

January 2021
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
dmjhel
Bioradar loss of display I_vote_lcapBioradar loss of display I_voting_barBioradar loss of display I_vote_rcap 
Statistics
We have 1147 registered users
The newest registered user is Sabal

Our users have posted a total of 10784 messages in 1431 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 148 on Wed 3 Jul 2019 - 13:42

Bioradar loss of display

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TrueB
Master

Bioradar loss of display Empty
PostSubject: Bioradar loss of display   Bioradar loss of display Icon_minitimeThu 25 Jun 2020 - 18:01

Hi, I noticed today that the bioradar that is in my MO's artefact belt, doesn't display after a while. They are quite expensive, but having it malfunction, I spawned a second. It didn't show on the screen, so I dropped it. I tried by going back in saves until it reappeared but then it went again. It only worked in daylight outside. I then tried it in levelup 1 but the same thing happened. I wonder if anyone else has had this problem, and/or resolved it. If so, please let me know. Thanks and best wishes, TrueB.

Novice
sf67n20

PostSubject: Re: Bioradar loss of display   Bioradar loss of display Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2020 - 8:11

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hi, I noticed today that the bioradar that is in my MO's artefact belt, doesn't display after a while. They are quite expensive, but having it malfunction, I spawned a second. It didn't show on the screen, so I dropped it. I tried by going back in saves until it reappeared but then it went again. It only worked in daylight outside. I then tried it in levelup 1 but the same thing happened. I wonder if anyone else has had this problem, and/or resolved it. If so, please let me know. Thanks and best wishes, TrueB.

I'm having the same problem exactly as you have described. I'm in hardcore mode / Marked1 . I have never seen this mishap before in normal mode .
Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Bioradar loss of display   Bioradar loss of display Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2020 - 19:53

I'm having the same problem exactly as you have described. I'm in hardcore mode / Marked1 . I have never seen this mishap before in normal mode .

I had this happen once, a long time ago, and unfortunately the only way I could get around it was to work back through my save games until I found one where it was working properly. I then played on from this save and fortunately it didn't happen again. Unless someone else here can suggest a better solution, I am afraid that may be your best bet.
Back to top Go down
rabidsquirrels
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Bioradar loss of display   Bioradar loss of display Icon_minitimeThu 26 Nov 2020 - 20:24

Me too

It started after I received the task to retrieve the generator in Cordon from Maples in Warlab. The bioradar disappeared sometimes when I left the lab. But always when I transitioned to another area. For some reason I could transition without losing the bioradar before I talked to Maples. Plus once I lost the bioradar, I needed to go back to a save prior to entering Warlab to get it back. Any save after entering Warlab and before losing the radar didn't restore it.
Back to top Go down
rabidsquirrels
Novice

PostSubject: Fixed my disappearing Bioradar issue   Bioradar loss of display Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2020 - 2:17

Me too

It started after I received the task to retrieve the generator in Cordon from Maples in Warlab.  The bioradar disappeared sometimes when I left the lab. But always when I transitioned to another area. For some reason I could transition without losing the bioradar before I talked to Maples. Plus once I lost the bioradar, I needed to go back to a save prior to entering Warlab to get it back. Any save after entering Warlab and  before losing the radar didn't restore it.

I found a solution to my issue.

I noticed that I was losing the bioradar when I switched to a scoped weapon or teleported with a scoped weapon selected. If I switched to a melee or no-scoped weapon, quick saved and quick loaded. My Bioradar reappeared.

It turns out that my FOV (cam_fov) was changed to a much lower value the 83.5 I used when setting up Stalkersoup. Once I reset it to 83.5 everything was working again.

I hope this helps.

pchester likes this post

Back to top Go down
pchester
Administrator
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Bioradar loss of display   Bioradar loss of display Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2020 - 12:45

I found a solution to my issue.

I noticed that I was losing the bioradar when I switched to a scoped weapon or teleported with a scoped weapon selected. If I switched to a melee or no-scoped weapon, quick saved and quick loaded. My Bioradar reappeared.

It turns out that my FOV (cam_fov) was changed to a much lower value the 83.5 I used when setting up Stalkersoup. Once I reset it to 83.5 everything was working again.

I hope this helps.

Hi rabidsquirrels. Fortunately the disappearing Bioradar doesn't happen often, but it can be very annoying when it does. Good to know that you found a solution, and thanks for posting it here. Hopefully this will help others who may have the same problem in future. Upvoted.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Bioradar loss of display   Bioradar loss of display Icon_minitimeSun 29 Nov 2020 - 13:07

This is a very useful tip which will go into the Installation/User Guide. Thanks for posting it, and please accept an upvote from me too!
Back to top Go down
sf67n20
Novice
sf67n20

PostSubject: Re: Bioradar loss of display   Bioradar loss of display Icon_minitimeMon 30 Nov 2020 - 0:46

Rabidsquirrel , You are so right on this problem !!
I changed the setting to 83.5 from zero (?) , ( for those who have not found the section .. look in the game controls > options section >, "Field of View " (bottom of ' Basics ' page ) settings and change it there ) .... and all is working fine . Whewww !!

In the Hardcore gameplay setting , this Bioradar tool is an absolute must . By the time you get to the Scientists bunker for this menu item , it is a game changer !

Thank You again !!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bioradar loss of display   Bioradar loss of display Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bioradar loss of display
Page 1 of 1