StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The official forum for StalkerSoup

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Game stuttering at stable rate
Why can't I free Nimble? Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Wed 23 Sep 2020 - 20:05

» Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...
Why can't I free Nimble? Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 23 Sep 2020 - 19:12

» Game freeze on exiting Lab X-18
Why can't I free Nimble? Icon_minitimeby pchester Wed 23 Sep 2020 - 19:05

» Mercenary research suit
Why can't I free Nimble? Icon_minitimeby WeebRemover4500 Sat 19 Sep 2020 - 22:17

» 50 files in the STALKERSOUP directory?
Why can't I free Nimble? Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Wed 16 Sep 2020 - 16:36

» Hello Folks
Why can't I free Nimble? Icon_minitimeby pchester Tue 15 Sep 2020 - 10:06

» Use of the photo pistol
Why can't I free Nimble? Icon_minitimeby Aleks1970 Thu 10 Sep 2020 - 23:35

» ZEP30 Lab quests
Why can't I free Nimble? Icon_minitimeby TrueB Tue 8 Sep 2020 - 11:10

September 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
Statistics
We have 1075 registered users
The newest registered user is yanderechan7

Our users have posted a total of 10599 messages in 1399 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 148 on Wed 3 Jul 2019 - 13:42

Why can't I free Nimble?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gorlash
Novice

Why can't I free Nimble? Empty
PostSubject: Why can't I free Nimble?   Why can't I free Nimble? Icon_minitimeSat 6 Jun 2020 - 19:25

So I stopped by that building complex where Nimble is being held.  I wasn't actually sent for him, but I know that complex from experience, so knew there'd be bandits to harvest, which I did... so now Nimble is there, tied up, but I cannot interact with him at all...

So what is going on??  Do I have to receive a quest to rescue him, before I can do so? That doesn't really make sense... I mean, I'm *here*, and it's safe...
Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Why can't I free Nimble?   Why can't I free Nimble? Icon_minitimeSat 6 Jun 2020 - 21:03

Many of the missions in StalkerSoup require you to complete a sequence of sub-tasks, and you have to complete each step in turn before the next sub-task becomes available. That is how most mission-based games work. Nimble will only talk to you when you are doing the mission to release him. Hopefully, having already killed the bandits, it will be easy for you to complete.
Back to top Go down
Gorlash
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Why can't I free Nimble?   Why can't I free Nimble? Icon_minitimeSat 6 Jun 2020 - 21:06

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Many of the missions in StalkerSoup require you to complete a sequence of sub-tasks, and you have to complete each step in turn before the next sub-task becomes available. That is how most mission-based games work. Nimble will only talk to you when you are doing the mission to release him. Hopefully, having already killed the bandits, it will be easy for you to complete.

Ahhh... okay, thank you!
This had actually been implied by other messages that I've read here, but I didn't entirely understand until now!!
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Why can't I free Nimble?   Why can't I free Nimble? Icon_minitimeSat 6 Jun 2020 - 21:44

Also, consider that Sid may not yet have been aware of Nimble's plight

Or he may have been but, knowing Nimble's background, was still considering his value, and how to ensure the information he carried got returned safely...

Either way, Nimble didn't know you, or who'd sent you. As far as he was concerned you could have been another bandit or worse, so his best course of action would be to shut up and play dumb...
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master
TrueB

PostSubject: Why can't I free Nimble   Why can't I free Nimble? Icon_minitimeSat 6 Jun 2020 - 22:28

Ahhh... okay, thank you!
This had actually been implied by other messages that I've read here, but I didn't entirely understand until now!!

Hi Gorlash, were you able to free Nimble yet? Please click on the black spoiler line:
Spoiler:

Novice

PostSubject: Re: Why can't I free Nimble?   Why can't I free Nimble? Icon_minitimeSat 6 Jun 2020 - 22:34

> Hi Gorlash, were you able to free Nimble yet?
> Please click on the black spoiler line:

S#*@ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No, I haven't freed Nimble yet, because I can't talk to Sid yet, because I cannot survive this damnable cave !!!!!!!!!!!

I'm standing in the passage, looking into the space where some friendly people are, but I cannot enter that room to save my life!! and I mean that literally; there is an anomaly blocking the passage, which makes me instantly too weak to move... I'm only carrying something like 20% of max weight, so don't know what is going on, but this is obviously supposed to be a major IQ test for me!!

I'm currently searching this forum, looking for a fix for this; I'm assuming a hint is somewhere, since nobody can proceed with the game without passing it...

Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master
TrueB

PostSubject: Why can't I free Nimble   Why can't I free Nimble? Icon_minitimeSat 6 Jun 2020 - 22:47

Hi Gorlash:
Spoiler:

Good hunting.

Novice

PostSubject: Re: Why can't I free Nimble?   Why can't I free Nimble? Icon_minitimeSat 6 Jun 2020 - 22:56

NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!  ???
They can't have intentionally put a trap in the main line of the game, that requires me to use a cheat to proceed ?!?!?!?  That is too utterly bizarre...

But thank you so much for the lead... I was assuming there was a more... ummm... thematic? solution to this challenge, but danged if *I* could find it!!
Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Why can't I free Nimble?   Why can't I free Nimble? Icon_minitimeSat 6 Jun 2020 - 23:23

You don't *have* to use the 'God' cheat anywhere in the game, but as TrueB says, it is there if you need it. You should be able to get past the anomalies blocking the Miner's cave by throwing bolts and running past as soon as they trigger. Strick to the wall for the safest path.

There is also an option in the Modders Script:
cave_no_big_electros = false -- (false) Removes the four large Elektro anomalies in the Cave
Change to cave_no_big_electros = true to remove them (you still need to avoid the burners, though).
Back to top Go down
Gorlash
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Why can't I free Nimble?   Why can't I free Nimble? Icon_minitimeSat 6 Jun 2020 - 23:39

Thank you, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] !!  @TrueB's response was more mysterious, but I appreciate the more-complete info...

and yes, I completely forgot about the bolts... in the official games, I rarely used them, so I'm not very skilled in their subtle applications!!
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master
TrueB

PostSubject: Why can't I free Nimble   Why can't I free Nimble? Icon_minitimeSun 7 Jun 2020 - 9:56

Hi pchester, as you say, the option to remove the Electros is there, but it surely unprotects the Miner and his comrades. In the past, having chosen this option, the Miner's area was attacked and whilst the Miner was okay, one of the pair sat by the fire died. Later, a mission is given by another which may be compromised imo. There is another option of Esc F3 which removes anomalies, though I would still not remove the electro in front of the miners. The bolt option which you explain, after a quicksave works best imo. In the Ocedmytoaster YouTube videos, he demonstrates how to do the electro hop across.
Regards, and Best Wishes, TrueB.

PostSubject: Re: Why can't I free Nimble?   Why can't I free Nimble? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why can't I free Nimble?
Page 1 of 1