StalkerSoup
StalkerSoup
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything StalkerSoup related...

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Kruglov... the idiot
Problems and questions regarding the game... Icon_minitimeby TrueB Yesterday at 13:50

» Stuck in the gameplay, Stalker? Let's have a little chat...
Problems and questions regarding the game... Icon_minitimeby TrueB Thu 2 Jul 2020 - 9:57

» Scratching my head....
Problems and questions regarding the game... Icon_minitimeby TrueB Wed 1 Jul 2020 - 14:25

» Have the music on the flashdrives
Problems and questions regarding the game... Icon_minitimeby Ikaruss Wed 1 Jul 2020 - 10:42

» Vehicles. Instructions for use?
Problems and questions regarding the game... Icon_minitimeby joy division Mon 29 Jun 2020 - 21:31

» Finding the red pseudogiant
Problems and questions regarding the game... Icon_minitimeby TrueB Mon 29 Jun 2020 - 1:39

» Spanish Translation?
Problems and questions regarding the game... Icon_minitimeby Sword2012 Sun 28 Jun 2020 - 18:10

» Error message and help/support subforum
Problems and questions regarding the game... Icon_minitimeby papanoel Fri 26 Jun 2020 - 18:05

July 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
TrueB
Problems and questions regarding the game... I_vote_lcapProblems and questions regarding the game... I_voting_barProblems and questions regarding the game... I_vote_rcap 
pchester
Problems and questions regarding the game... I_vote_lcapProblems and questions regarding the game... I_voting_barProblems and questions regarding the game... I_vote_rcap 
Ikaruss
dmjhel
joy division
r3mot3control
Statistics
We have 1022 registered users
The newest registered user is Whistler77

Our users have posted a total of 10352 messages in 1359 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 148 on Wed 3 Jul 2019 - 13:42

Problems and questions regarding the game...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
psyxopat
Novice

Problems and questions regarding the game... Empty
PostSubject: Problems and questions regarding the game...   Problems and questions regarding the game... Icon_minitimeTue 26 May 2020 - 20:57

Hi stalkers,

I'm new to stalkersoup and I have some questions and problems with the game.

1. Find a night star artifact for Sid. I can't complete this quest. I found many night start artifacts and even spawned few, but nothing.

2. Lukash died. When I first entered the Army warehouse I went to Skull squad and killed the sniper, but didn't accept the mission to kill Lukash nor talked to Skull. I wandered a little and moved to do some other quests on the other maps. I went back to the Army warehouse only to find out that Skull has raided the base and killed Lukash. I didn't do any missions for Lukash and from what I understand The only way to spawn Gray is to finish Lukash's quest. Can I Lukash?

3. Missing scientist quest. I killed friar and took his PDA, however, Gray is not spawning.  I can see the grey circle in the Wild territory but hi is not there. Can I spawn him?

4. I took the mission from Voronin to kill Humpback and gave him the grenade launcher.
While we repelled the attack from the mercenaries I throw a grenade killing some of them as well as killing some of the duty guys. This act lowered my friend's factor with some of duty as well as Voronin. Also, someone else killed Humpback and now I can't complete the quest. I searched many times for the information, but without any luck. I can't load an older save because that happened last week.

5. Sakharov is marked as an enemy, but I can still talk and accept a quest from him

6. While I was looking for Kostya's first cache he became an enemy so I killed him. I found the cache and now I can't report to anyone. Can I spawn him?

7. At the very beginning of the game, I went and killed the military under the bridge, and later while I was retrieving the case with documents for Sid at the military checkpoint I killed everyone.

8. The treasure in the caves, can't find it. Also, I went to the labyrinth and rescued Feral coal even found Sepator or Prapor (can't remember which one was) notes, but couldn't climb on the low to access even lower parts of the map.

9. I went to ATP for the first time and I couldn't drag the bus to Kalinin's bases, because I didn't have fuel. So I went to their base on foot. I talked with Kalinin and took the job to kill the bandits. None of his squad survived except the black-armored guy, who walked to the bandits base and got killed while I was attacking it. After I killed all the bandits Kalinin didn't accept the quest as finished, no lines.

I have completed Ghosts and Fangs storyline and Clear sky quests. Now I need to talk to Dan about Cat according to the guide, but he is not giving me the lines for that.

I run the game on Linux 18.04 with wine. Sometimes I get these CTD and the game exists. It happens when I switch levels from time to time or when my PDA map gets bugged and I have to click on another menu to fix it.

I have to go now, but there is more to report.
Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Problems and questions regarding the game...   Problems and questions regarding the game... Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2020 - 12:43

Hi psyxopat, and welcome to the StalkerSoup forums.

I am sorry to hear that you have been having so many problems with your game. I will try to answer your specific questions below; but- TL:DR, unfortunately I think your game is now broken. As things stand I would recommend restarting and doing things differently where they went wrong before.
-----------------
Q&A:

Back to top Go down
psyxopat
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Problems and questions regarding the game...   Problems and questions regarding the game... Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2020 - 13:39

Thanks for the info. I will give it a few more tries before restarting the game. Might find more broken things to report.

Original message + replies:

EDIT:
1. If I find texture problems where should I report them?

2. Sometimes while I'm moving from the bar to the garbage, the game bugs and I can see only the road. of the map. Everything else is gone. It happens only after I pass the broken vehicles and reach the first corner. Will make a SS.

3. The first time I bought a car from Sid and tried to start it, the game bugged and I couldn't get out of the car. After a few reloads it worked.

4. Can you guys optimize ATP? Don't know who created it, but as an ex CS 1.6 map maker, I can't stand the look of that place. So many wrong decisions :/.

5. When I spawn NPC from ESC+S menu. They are all the same for outfits and even weapons. Also, none of them will attack a mutant, only other NPCs. Is this meant by design?

6. Where can I report all the bugs I find. Any Github page or contact with TecnoBacon? Can I get involved in the project as a mapmaker and/or programmer?

I forgot to say that I'm running the latest game and patch.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Problems and questions regarding the game...   Problems and questions regarding the game... Icon_minitimeWed 27 May 2020 - 15:22

Hi psyxopat, and welcome to StalkerSoup

pchester gave excellent advice, and the only thing I'd add is that this game is not 'Doom Eternal'. Some of the best advice in the game is given to you by an old timer in the Zone, "The most valuable assets here aren't artefacts, weapons and body armor, but friends. Have you heard the saying 'The further into the Zone, the closer you get to Heaven or Hell'? Only those who've been there know true brotherhood, or absolute betrayal..."

So take time to get to know people who might normally be considered enemies, because the further you get into the game, the more you'll come to depend upon them...

1. If I find texture problems where should I report them?

Please report them here. The admins and devs also read this forum, but they won't waste their time on common problems that can be resolved by others

2. Sometimes while I'm moving from the bar to the garbage, the game bugs and I can see only the road. of the map. Everything else is gone. It happens only after I pass the broken vehicles and reach the first corner. Will make a SS.

3. The first time I bought a car from Sid and tried to start it, the game bugged and I couldn't get out of the car. After a few reloads it worked

Without knowing your platform, hardware, and how you installed the game, it's difficult to say. As you're going to have to reinstall anyway, may I suggest you follow the step by step instructions [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Most will be obvious to a seasoned Stalker like yourself, but StalkerSoup is a sensitive giant of a game, and doesn't tolerate normal installation logic...

4. Can you guys optimize ATP? Don't know who created it, but as an ex CS 1.6 map maker, I can't stand the look of that place. So many wrong decisions :/.

6. Where can I report all the bugs I find. Any Github page or contact with TecnoBacon? Can I get involved in the project as a mapmaker and/or programmer?

It's an honour to have you here. Many of the game's maps need an overhaul, and I'm sure that as you continue to post bugs and ideas, you'll be contacted in due time...  Wink
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master
TrueB

PostSubject: Problems and questions regarding the Game   Problems and questions regarding the game... Icon_minitimeThu 28 May 2020 - 4:18

Original message:

Hi Psyxopat,
welcome to the Game. Regarding your comments relating to programming, and TecnoBacon (TB), he can be contacted at  STALKERSOUP@TecnoBacon.com. Programmers are always welcome if they can program in the Language TB uses for the Game. Regards, TrueB.

EDIT: Hi pchester: to understand the context, please advise what TL:DR is.
Thanks and regards - may good health and safety keep you safe.

pchester

PostSubject: Re: Problems and questions regarding the game...   Problems and questions regarding the game... Icon_minitimeThu 28 May 2020 - 9:47

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Hi pchester: to understand the context, please advise what TL:DR is.
Thanks and regards - may good health and safety keep you safe.

Urban Dictionary: tl;dr
"Too long; didn't read.", meaning a post, article, or anything with words was too long, and whoever used the phrase didn't read it for that reason. B) Also used by someone who wrote a large posts/article/whatever to show a brief summary of their post as it might be too long.

(apparently I should have used a semicolon  Embarassed )
Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Problems and questions regarding the game...   Problems and questions regarding the game... Icon_minitimeThu 28 May 2020 - 12:34

To add to Sword's reply:

And to answer your additions to my earlier reply:

Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master
TrueB

PostSubject: TL;DR   Problems and questions regarding the game... Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2020 - 15:48

Above post:

Thanks, pchester. Of course, nowadays the habit of putting too long data in between spoilers helps. Perhaps new members could have the spoiler button mentioned and this purpose as well as protecting data that can spoil the game for others. Wishing you ongoing excellent health & safety, TrueB.

Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Problems and questions regarding the game...   Problems and questions regarding the game... Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2020 - 20:42

Now that we are over a thousand-strong worldwide, would each member please take a minute to remind themselves of the forum rules [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to enable effective and courteous communication between us all

Thank you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
psyxopat
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Problems and questions regarding the game...   Problems and questions regarding the game... Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2020 - 21:13

I have a question regarding Baldy's treasure. I cannot find "Ancient silver Russian rouble.". I already have 6 coins from 1747, 4 from 1749 and 1 from 18th century.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Problems and questions regarding the game...   Problems and questions regarding the game... Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2020 - 23:12

Previous post:

AFAIR, the coins are scattered all over that area of the cavern floor. If you want them all, you'll need to scour the floor for every last one of them...
Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Problems and questions regarding the game...   Problems and questions regarding the game... Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2020 - 23:13

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I have a question regarding Baldy's treasure. I cannot find "Ancient silver Russian rouble.". I already have 6 coins from 1747, 4 from 1749 and 1 from 18th century.

Keep checking the area, there are more than that to find. In my last game I found:
 6 x Antique silver Russian rouble 1747
 5 x Antique silver Russian rouble 1749
 7 x Gold Chervonets
 7 x Ancient silver Russian rouble

Baldy requires five of each.

NB: you may already have the Ancient silver Russian rouble in your inventory. For some reason the first three coin stacks are together, but the  Ancient roubles are further down.
Back to top Go down
psyxopat
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Problems and questions regarding the game...   Problems and questions regarding the game... Icon_minitimeMon 1 Jun 2020 - 19:57

Hello, stalkers

I restarted the game while reading the guide and doings the tasks step by step.

In the zip file you will find crash logs, while playing the game, logs folders, full hardware info and images with output data from terminal [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Game installation was done by extracting the game in a folder, updating the files with the latest patch, and running wine to install the game.

EDIT: Just saw that I'm using revision 15 instead of 19...
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Problems and questions regarding the game...   Problems and questions regarding the game... Icon_minitimeMon 1 Jun 2020 - 20:59

Previous post:

Hi psyxopat

To my knowledge, Wine isn't supported on this forum, although I do believe we have one Linux user

But for the sake of helping other players, I'm interested as to how you got to Rev. 0015 instead of 0019 Micro rev: 1

Can you tell me from where you obtained your base installation files, please?
Back to top Go down
psyxopat
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Problems and questions regarding the game...   Problems and questions regarding the game... Icon_minitimeTue 2 Jun 2020 - 7:37

Morning Sword2012,

Looking at my browser historty I found these links:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Problems and questions regarding the game...   Problems and questions regarding the game... Icon_minitimeTue 2 Jun 2020 - 16:37

Hi psyxopat

Looking at my browser history I found these links:

This is the current Installation Guide 1.10019.1b which was updated again just a few minutes ago

All the installation files and patches on both of these pages are obsolete

But I'm grateful to you for pointing them out, and I've added comments to each ModDb page, warning others to stay clear of them...
Evil or Very Mad

Please continue to follow the Installation Guide, which is regularly updated to take account of problems such as you're having. I'm looking forward to you informing us that you've finally got the game working because, believe me, it's worth it!

EDIT: Version 1.10019.1c has just been uploaded, including the need to change Line 513 'sun_near' in the Modders Script to 48, to get the game working properly

Last edited by Sword2012 on Tue 2 Jun 2020 - 19:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
psyxopat
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Problems and questions regarding the game...   Problems and questions regarding the game... Icon_minitimeTue 2 Jun 2020 - 17:20

Hi,

Today I deleted the game and reinstalled it using the files from this URL to revision 12: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Running the update said there wasn't any new revisions.

Later I applied the patch from this URL: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and the micro patch from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The game runs at the moment and I'm at the garbage. Yurek says he will accept the MP5, but he doesn't have it. Kostya is missing in the Garbage as well.

Also, I got 2 random freezes.
Back to top Go down
psyxopat
Novice

PostSubject: Re: Problems and questions regarding the game...   Problems and questions regarding the game... Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jun 2020 - 7:26

I have been playing the game for a week now. I must say that the game is way more stable with the micro patch. Good job. However, I still get some random freezes from time to time or CTD.

CTD usually happens randomly while I'm running around. In the URL you can find some backtraces. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Other problems occurred with Lua or LuaJIT and AW (some military guy was missing and the console was throwing errors, no crashes thought), however, the pictures I took are gone for some reason Neutral.

Last night, while I delivered the PDA from Radar to Kostya and completed the quotes successfully. However, just before I take the mission for X-10 PDA, Kostya got distracted from some mutants, the dialog disappeared and I couldn't trigger the quest (no dialog). I went to X-10, and there were no portals, so I spawned the PDA and activated the info portion in that order and the issue resolved.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems and questions regarding the game...   Problems and questions regarding the game... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problems and questions regarding the game...
Page 1 of 1