Garik at the bar has gone walkabout... Icon_minitimeby TrueB Today at 22:42

» Voronin's gear in the ATP
Garik at the bar has gone walkabout... Icon_minitimeby TrueB Today at 21:48

» Crash on launching...
Garik at the bar has gone walkabout... Icon_minitimeby TrueB Today at 9:50

» Anti-radiation artefacts
Garik at the bar has gone walkabout... Icon_minitimeby TrueB Today at 9:01

» Starting the Swamp
Garik at the bar has gone walkabout... Icon_minitimeby nemisis1842khann Thu 4 Jun 2020 - 18:08

» I'm spawning in the air...
Garik at the bar has gone walkabout... Icon_minitimeby TrueB Wed 3 Jun 2020 - 0:25

» Problems and questions regarding the game...
Garik at the bar has gone walkabout... Icon_minitimeby psyxopat Tue 2 Jun 2020 - 17:20

June 2020
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this week
TrueB
Garik at the bar has gone walkabout... I_vote_lcapGarik at the bar has gone walkabout... I_voting_barGarik at the bar has gone walkabout... I_vote_rcap 
Sword2012
Garik at the bar has gone walkabout... I_vote_lcapGarik at the bar has gone walkabout... I_voting_barGarik at the bar has gone walkabout... I_vote_rcap 
nemisis1842khann
Dr_Sztychowka
pchester
Gorlash
psyxopat
td3005
kd6dm
Vadrigos
Statistics
We have 1011 registered users
The newest registered user is koba0100

Our users have posted a total of 10182 messages in 1329 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 1 Registered, 1 Hidden and 3 Guests

Gorlash

Most users ever online was 148 on Wed 3 Jul 2019 - 13:42

Garik at the bar has gone walkabout...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nemisis1842khann
Master

Garik at the bar has gone walkabout... Empty
PostSubject: Garik at the bar has gone walkabout...   Garik at the bar has gone walkabout... Icon_minitimeThu 7 May 2020 - 18:06

I had a fair bit of hassel with garik to get him to move so climed i
 over him it had no effect, any way I have to get him to tell me were
 the flasks are now, but when I got into the bar he was gone..gone!.
 has any one had the same problem, can I some how replace him
 is that possible, will the flasks appear as I have the others from the
 ex army depot or near by any way, If I remember they are in a flat
 some were.
Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Garik at the bar has gone walkabout...   Garik at the bar has gone walkabout... Icon_minitimeThu 7 May 2020 - 19:37

Garick should always step aside if you follow the top lines of dialogue ending with "Nice try, but I prefer vodka...". I have never known him to go AWOL, though. When you are in the Bar area, does he appear in your contacts list? He may have wandered off somewhere...

Unfortunately you can't spawn in named NPCs. You don't actually need Garick's information until you reach Pripyat (the small flasks should be
Spoiler:

so I would wait until then and see if he has reappeared.

If he is still missing, you can spawn the flasks from the ESC-S Items menu, or use the ESC-F4 menu and enter
Spoiler:

(they should then appear on the ground near you). Voronin should accept them as long as you have five of each size.
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Master

PostSubject: Re: Garik at the bar has gone walkabout...   Garik at the bar has gone walkabout... Icon_minitimeThu 7 May 2020 - 20:35

Its the same with me Its the first time that has happened, I have had some others going
   AWOL in the past, but some time ago I encountered that with others but not for a long
   time, in the stalker early days, sid was one, that took a complete reinstall, weird or what,
   possibly take the saves out and redo the game, a bit extreme to say the least, it may be
   my rig is getting aged like me as microsoft has no interest in win7 any more, I have a few
   things failing, it looks like I will try to install in win10, I understand thats quite difficult to
   put in stalker in win10, salavee...thanks any way..
Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Garik at the bar has gone walkabout...   Garik at the bar has gone walkabout... Icon_minitimeThu 7 May 2020 - 23:27

I replaced my own Windows 7 PC recently. As I understand it, the one thing you must not do is to install StalkerSoup on your Windows 10 system drive. Having avoided that, I found the process to be relatively painless.

I delayed replacing my 7-yr-old Windows 7 PC until Microsoft ended its support. When I finally took the plunge and bought a new PC back in January, I found the process of reinstalling my software and games easier than I had expected. For StalkerSoup I installed the game afresh on a fast M.2 SSD to generate the registry entries, then deleted that install and copied my old one across. I am pleased to say that everything went smoothly and I was able to continue playing my existing game.

Having said that, I do find playing games under Windows 10 to be less stable than they were under Windows 7. In particular my Windows 10 has a strange idea of what is important and will drop my game to the task bar when it feels like it. Increasing the game's task priority to high in Task Manager helps, but even then Windows will sometimes decide that an arriving email is more important than anything I might be doing...
Back to top Go down
nemisis1842khann
Master

PostSubject: Re: Garik at the bar has gone walkabout...   Garik at the bar has gone walkabout... Icon_minitimeFri 8 May 2020 - 10:26

It seems that 'I am win10 and I will do as I wish' ...

I have been looking around for newer old pc that has win7 still on it but alas no luck so far,
 that problem of stalker being dumped on the task bar, as an idea close your mail box down
 whilst playing stalker, then when having a 'rest' check the box and clear any important mail

Regarding the stalker on 10 and not put it on the main drive could be problem, as I have been
 allocated a portion of her 1TB drive, so installing stalker on it seems to be a problem as I have
 not found a way round as yet, I did try but failed, new rigs are pretty pricey, poss go for a
 smaller drive like 250/500gb, will have to explain the need and cost to the wife, any ideas on
 that one..!
   I wonder is it poss to play stalker on a laptop, thats all solid state drive, better look into that
  idea, thanks for listing win10 poss bad habits.
Back to top Go down
pchester
pchester

PostSubject: Re: Garik at the bar has gone walkabout...   Garik at the bar has gone walkabout... Icon_minitimeFri 8 May 2020 - 21:03

Well, I am not an expert in installation issues (Sword, are you here?), but as I understand it there can be problems if you install StalkerSoup on your Windows partition. If you only have one hard drive but have Stalkersoup installed on a separate partition, you might be okay.
Back to top Go down
Sword2012
Administrator
Sword2012

PostSubject: Re: Garik at the bar has gone walkabout...   Garik at the bar has gone walkabout... Icon_minitimeFri 8 May 2020 - 22:44

Previous posts:

pchester is correct. Do NOT install StalkerSoup onto your Windows partition, regardless of whether it's Windows 7 or 10   Evil or Very Mad

You might get away with it on Windows 7, but not with Windows 8 or 10

Full installation instructions can be found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'd suggest that your Windows 7 PC has not been serviced for a long time, so invite a local engineer to either
(a) get your Windows 7 PC working again, or
(b) ask them to install a cheap SSD on your Windows 10 PC, or
(c) partition its existing drive, solely for your games

A 60-100Gb SSD or partition is enough for several STALKER incarnations

Find someone who comes recommended. If I was doing this for a client, I'd want to take the Windows 7 PC away for 48 hours, and charge £100+ (depending on where in the UK you are), for a full service

Before doing a repartitioning I prefer to tidy up a drive first, so I'd suggest that gets done as part of a service

However, an additional SSD can be fitted at your home in under an hour
Back to top Go down
TrueB
Master
TrueB

PostSubject: Garik awol   Garik at the bar has gone walkabout... Icon_minitimeFri 29 May 2020 - 15:33

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Spoiler:

With Garik if you approach him and click the top choices leading to mention of vodka and then move back at to the end of the bar, away from Garik, he takes a step forward military style and then a left turn and says something to the effect that you can go through to the NPCs behind the bar area.
If you do this enough he even sometimes just gets out of the way.
The only time I have known him leave his post is when bandits invaded the bar and he ran out to engage them. I think he can be shot though the consequences with Barkeep might rebound on your MO.
Garik has at least two missions, so is important to the Game.
There may be in Esc S Infoportions a means of completing the mission you refer to. You have  should have a message to see him and there is a 'price'. When using infoportions I suggest you do an Esc f8 or quicksave so that if the infoportion you use is the wrong one then you can get back to where you are beforehand.

Spoiler:

Hi pchester, programs like Asus Tweakit II, closes unnecessary Windows services and programs. You can also ensure every program is updated and your internet is paused or switched off. Eg: I connect by to my ISP by a LAN line, so to come offline, I remove it  from the pc and only put it into go online. I have just bought a new monitor with G-sync installed and stutter/tearing, have gone (forever I hope), regards, TrueB

Spoiler:

Regarding your wife, you mention been allocated a portion of a 1tb drive. If, as Sword mentions above, you can install an SSD drive for the game, it will imo enhance play. When I bought a new PC 4 years ago, it was on the understanding that the ownership of it was between my wife and me. She plays mahjong and I do too, plus the game.but I keep the game exclusively on an SSD without any other program being on it. So far peace has reigned. Regards, TrueB. Ps: I do have my SSD backed up to a conventional 3tb hard-drive just in case.

PostSubject: Re: Garik at the bar has gone walkabout...   Garik at the bar has gone walkabout... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Garik at the bar has gone walkabout...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
StalkerSoup :: StalkerSoup main discussions-
Jump to: